Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

But are you not doing the same? What evidence do you have that they are not?  By your logic, we should only be operating off an entirely bipartisan, unbiased approach, which would include not assuming they are not doing enough, yes?

I don't have to prove anything. You are saying they are nearly killing themselves, that is hyperbolic. I am assuming they are working hard, just not until midnight and not eating or drinking and getting dehydrated like they were spamming stimpaks on survival mode. There is nothing to suggest this. But we are just talking past each other on this issue. You of course are welcome to rebut, my statement, although I think it is pointless for us to go back and forth, since further reading shows we are far closer in opinion than arguing would seem to suggest. See my final point.

This "assumes facts not in evidence." I said they are TRYING to get this game to be one of the greatest games ever, not that it would be. Is that illogical? When you create something, is your goal not to create it to be the best it can possibly be? I don't see how you think this phrasing -- especially when dealing with a group who clearly has an incredible passion for the franchise -- is inappropriate.

No it does not. You literally said they were trying to make the best game ever. That is literally impossible. No two people can agree on what is the best game ever. It would be doom to try it. You would displease so many people trying to make the perfect game. If I like blondes, parading a bunch of perfect 10 red heads in front of me will do little for you. No assumption of facts, I was literally responding to your hyperbole. I apologize wholeheartedly if you though I was saying it was inappropriate. I meant to convey it was over the top and puts us at odds unnecessarily because you felt I was saying they were lazing about and I was nit picking your phrasing because it was HUGE! Tremendous and huge..

I think that's not a good analogy. You need your roof to live. It protects your family and belongings from the elements, and is therefore essential. Yes, a roof is essential to planning your life around its proposed completion date. I cannot give you the same importance on a video game. If its completion WERE as important than a roof, I wager they'd have doubled-down and have it to your satisfaction by now. And it isn't "rocket surgery," but it's no less intense and precise. It takes time, which is what most of their customers simply don't wish to give them.

I had a temporary roof set up. It isn't about importance. It is about how you run your business. Pick any service or product you want. If it isn't delivered when we agreed you need to make me aware of that right away so we can make a new agreement. It doesn't matter if we are talking 5000 dollars or 40.

I was referring to good business practices as not rocket surgery, not coding and building a game. That is difficult and time consuming. Talking to people about what is going on with the product they paid for is not hard.

This is one point where I can agree with you. If I do see one area they can improve upon, it is the communication frequency with their customers. Like the game, it's not perfect. But this one seems a bit easier to remedy. I'm with you on it. However, I think with what they're constantly doing for improving the game, a more efficient (and nicer) tactic might be for us to mention it, rather than "bitch." As you likely well know, people tend to work harder from encouragements and understanding than they do from "piss and vinegar." If you have a complaint, voice it. But the game will be no better if you are mean or nice about it. You will simply make someone's day better or worse. You decide which that will be.

I have been so complimentary on their recent work it would make your teeth hurt from the sappiness. I have thanked them profusely and unreservedly for the changes. I have admitted they are working hard. I even pointed out when I was sure Gertz was working past work hours and thanked him for it. I will not condescend or blow smoke up their asses though. We are adults (I assume) and they should be treated as adults. I will credit them for a job well done. I will praise their hard work. I will also as respectfully as possible complain about when they are not meeting my expectations.

I recognize they are my expectations, and no one else may agree with them. The only leg I have to stand on is when my expectations are based on promises or statements made.

If all we are doing is arguing over the term bitch, I retract it completely and replace it with advocate vociferously for my point of view. Bitch was a poor choice of words and I stand corrected on that issue. I honestyly meant it in a light hearted way.

I think you and I are waaaaaay closer to sympatico on this issue than our conversation implies. This is likely my fault as I care far too much about how people express their ideas.

Edit:

Let's get the hell out of this thread and take our passions over to here!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I think you and I are waaaaaay closer to sympatico on this issue than our conversation implies. This is likely my fault as I care far too much about how people express their ideas.

I think so, too. I've just enjoyed the game thusfar so much, I make myself look past the shortcomings as I know they will ultimately be addressed, so I may get a bit defensive of them.

And as far as "adults" go, I may well be more ancient than yourself, having been born a few years before even the first Friday the 13th film was released. ;) Glad to see we can be chums about things. (And truthfully, I hope like hell the fixes come sooner than later, too!) 

@Gertz release on Steam so we can assist you testing the patch faster than waiting for consoles... sorry console players but yell at Sony and M$ for being slow.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, sh0nx said:

@Gertz release on Steam so we can assist you testing the patch faster than waiting for consoles... sorry console players but yell at Sony and M$ for being slow.

I'm all for a beta mode to test future patches

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yes, the nerfs are being reversed! My fears are not true! Thank you guys for not giving in the demands for Jason nerfs! Jason will be feared once more! 

Just don't give my boi Part 3 a Rage weakness. Please. That's all I ask for with this.

Don't get too excited. I'm still curious about what they mean by the windows in regards to not breaking. With the prompt they always seem to break, so are they reverting them back to how they were or is there an issue with the prompt I don't know about? Please put them back to pre-patch... Jason 7 could use some love, too.

10 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think they locked Savini out of random because no doubt there would be a bug where non-savini owners would be able to play as savini through random chance.

Ah! That does make sense. It would be nice IF he could be added only for the people who bought Savini and have him, however, it's not that big of a deal. I can simply start selecting him once in awhile since I now know he isn't selectable via random. Actual gameplay fixes are WAY more important. 

And also make the counselor's Mouths move when they speak.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Crawly Creature said:

And also make the counselor's Mouths move when they speak.

Chad can't, he has lockjaw. For the bugs though, it would be nice to see Tommy drop to the ground instead of floating after taking the chest hole punch...

All the girls have AJ voice when they die, not sure if that's intentional or a bug. Also, no fix for the new glitch that has Jason not dropping victims while counselors are striking him? That makes me sad. 

Still, nice update and looking forward to it! 

23 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yes, the nerfs are being reversed! My fears are not true! Thank you guys for not giving in the demands for Jason nerfs! Jason will be feared once more! 

Just don't give my boi Part 3 a Rage weakness. Please. That's all I ask for with this.

...I am trying so hard not to roll my eyes. Damn. I failed. 

Anyways. All the girls have AJ's voice when they die, not sure if that's a bug or intentional. Also...! No fix for the new glitch that makes Jason not to drop his victims from the grab while other counselors strike him? That makes me sad. 

Change the ping threshold on PC to 300ms, it'd be easier for non-us players to join matches with more people, it's pissing me off, everytime I want to play the game I can't join any matches

40 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

No fix for the new glitch that makes Jason not to drop his victims from the grab while other counselors strike him? That makes me sad.  

You must of missed this part...

"This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc."

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Don't get too excited. I'm still curious about what they mean by the windows in regards to not breaking. With the prompt they always seem to break, so are they reverting them back to how they were or is there an issue with the prompt I don't know about? Please put them back to pre-patch... Jason 7 could use some love, too.

I hope they allow to us to slash at windows and use the prompt. P6 and Savini have a harder time breaking windows so the prompt could work better for them. But the other Jasons don't need a prompt, their weapons can easily hit windows.

1 hour ago, Barbara Ann said:

...I am trying so hard not to roll my eyes. Damn. I failed. 

Anyways. All the girls have AJ's voice when they die, not sure if that's a bug or intentional. Also...! No fix for the new glitch that makes Jason not to drop his victims from the grab while other counselors strike him? That makes me sad. 

Dunno why you'd roll your eyes. People who like F13 or want a game with a fearsome killer don't want Jason to be nerfed into the ground. Seems like a reasonable concern to me. 

2 people like this

Watch, this new patch will come out next week or before the end of summer for PS4 and PC. Patches always seem to get announced one day and released the next for those two platforms. Since this is going to be a bigger patch, I'm expecting for it take 1-2 weeks. XB1 always has to wait longer to receive patches. I think this may become a cycle:

Patch gets announced

Patch gets released for PS4 and PC shortly after

Patched goes live on XB1 a few weeks later.

52 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Dunno why you'd roll your eyes. People who like F13 or want a game with a fearsome killer don't want Jason to be nerfed into the ground. Seems like a reasonable concern to me. 

Cause I am by no means a professional gamer yet everytime I play Jason I manage to kill everyone. You people are all way too dramatic and looking for a free win. I cannot understand people without a sense of sportmanship, I don't know what fun is there in gaming if it's not challenging at all. 

3 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Cause I am by no means a professional gamer yet everytime I play Jason I manage to kill everyone. You people are all way too dramatic and looking for a free win. I cannot understand people without a sense of sportmanship, I don't know what fun is there in gaming if it's not challenging at all. 

You're not everybody lol.

17 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

You're not everybody lol.

True; I'm pretty awesome and I have a lot of style but my gaming skills are average B)

Still I manage. The only times I see a Jason that absolutely sucks is when:

1. The player just got the game. 
2. Low FPs (Very important, I had to upgrade my graphic card to be able to run the game smoothly, even my ping is lower somehow. That confused me a little, since I thought ping has to do with your internet connection and distance from the host, but hey, glad it's better now.)
3. They're just bad players, but if that's the case, then they should focus on training and improving instead of complaining that he's nerfed or underpowered when clearly he's a wrecking ball. Nothing wrong with that, we all have different skills and some are more naturally inclined to be better at very specific things, but everyone can learn and improve anything.   

4 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

to my knowledge when i go to combat stance and try to break a window above me ... like how i use to ... now you can't because you have to have that icon press A / E / X to break a window now ... no more breaking windows slightly above me because that icon is not there :( i would love my old style of breaking windows once again because i don't know why they changed it in the first place

1 hour ago, Barbara Ann said:

Has nothing to do with being able to kill everyone. The windows, only hitting one counselor in a group, breaking down doors, everything Jason does should put fear or tension into the counselors. If there's something that he is subpar at while interacting with the counselors than it needs to be dealt with. His weapon should not hit only one person at a time in a group. He should not be held on a leash while trying to break a window. Counselors should not get a free pass to enter a window without taking damage. 

As I said it has nothing to do with getting everyone. It has everything to do with Jason feeling like Jason. If you're only playing the game for twitch views or because it looked fun, great, fine, that's cool. However don't disregard fans of the movies and horror games just because they want Jason to be what he truly should be. All because you go up against a group of people who don't get anything done, doesn't mean there aren't mechanics that are against Jason that shouldn't be. 

I'm not saying there weren't things that should have been fixed that were for Jason, either. He should not have been able to block flares, traps, shotguns, firecrackers. That was a good fix. These other things were needless and make Jason less of what he should be. You are quite welcome to your opinion and I'll even respect said opinion, but to disregard others and say they just want a free win or lack sportsmanship is uncalled for. I personally never tea-bag Jason, I try to help out counselors as Adam to either get objectives done or stall Jason as long as I can. I'll give counselors a first aid spray if I see they need it or if they hit one of my traps. I try to be as sportsmanlike as possible. 

Are you a fan of the films? Do you like horror games that are more than just jump scares? Because people who like them want Jason to be a force. Not just someone who can get 8/8, but something that is fun to play. When Kane Hodder first talked about playing as Jason in one of his interviews with the game staff he said you'd get a taste of what it's like to be in his shoes. These needless tweaks and nerfs make you feel less like Jason and more like a boring slow easily stun locked mass who can't hit something because a 2x4 was in the way. I want to feel like Jason when I'm playing him. I want counselors to have to work their ass off and not get away because the window requires I do a specific little dance before I break it. The main draw of the game is being an unstoppable Jason, and counselors who have to really work hard to get things done. I LIKE going up against an unstoppable Jason. I don't want him nerfed even when I'm a counselor. There's no fun if I know he's not a threat anymore. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Has nothing to do with being able to kill everyone. The windows, only hitting one counselor in a group, breaking down doors, everything Jason does should put fear or tension into the counselors. If there's something that he is subpar at while interacting with the counselors than it needs to be dealt with. His weapon should not hit only one person at a time in a group. He should not be held on a leash while trying to break a window. Counselors should not get a free pass to enter a window without taking damage. 

As I said it has nothing to do with getting everyone. It has everything to do with Jason feeling like Jason. If you're only playing the game for twitch views or because it looked fun, great, fine, that's cool. However don't disregard fans of the movies and horror games just because they want Jason to be what he truly should be. All because you go up against a group of people who don't get anything done, doesn't mean there aren't mechanics that are against Jason that shouldn't be. 

I'm not saying there weren't things that should have been fixed that were for Jason, either. He should not have been able to block flares, traps, shotguns, firecrackers. That was a good fix. These other things were needless and make Jason less of what he should be. You are quite welcome to your opinion and I'll even respect said opinion, but to disregard others and say they just want a free win or lack sportsmanship is uncalled for. I personally never tea-bag Jason, I try to help out counselors as Adam to either get objectives done or stall Jason as long as I can. I'll give counselors a first aid spray if I see they need it or if they hit one of my traps. I try to be as sportsmanlike as possible. 

Are you a fan of the films? Do you like horror games that are more than just jump scares? Because people who like them want Jason to be a force. Not just someone who can get 8/8, but something that is fun to play. When Kane Hodder first talked about playing as Jason in one of his interviews with the game staff he said you'd get a taste of what it's like to be in his shoes. These needless tweaks and nerfs make you feel less like Jason and more like a boring slow easily stun locked mass who can't hit something because a 2x4 was in the way. I want to feel like Jason when I'm playing him. I want counselors to have to work their ass off and not get away because the window requires I do a specific little dance before I break it. The main draw of the game is being an unstoppable Jason, and counselors who have to really work hard to get things done. I LIKE going up against an unstoppable Jason. I don't want him nerfed even when I'm a counselor. There's no fun if I know he's not a threat anymore. 

This.....100% agree.

7 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

True; I'm pretty awesome and I have a lot of style but my gaming skills are average B)

Still I manage. The only times I see a Jason that absolutely sucks is when:

1. The player just got the game. 
2. Low FPs (Very important, I had to upgrade my graphic card to be able to run the game smoothly, even my ping is lower somehow. That confused me a little, since I thought ping has to do with your internet connection and distance from the host, but hey, glad it's better now.)
3. They're just bad players, but if that's the case, then they should focus on training and improving instead of complaining that he's nerfed or underpowered when clearly he's a wrecking ball. Nothing wrong with that, we all have different skills and some are more naturally inclined to be better at very specific things, but everyone can learn and improve anything.   

Meh, I don't think I'm a bad player but I definitely have bad games, lots of them. :P Sometimes the counselors beat me, sometimes the game's various issues beat me and sometimes people quit mid-kill, host quits, etc.

If you're killing 7/7 or 8/8 every time, congratulations, you have mastered the video game. Accusing others of being dramatic because things are going your way is pretty ignorant though. :)

1 person likes this

So. Any word on the hotfix? Did it sizzle out? Was it left on the stove too long? <_<

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

So. Any word on the hotfix? Did it sizzle out? Was it left on the stove too long? <_<

They might end up skipping it at this rate. The next patch is supposed to be out sooner than later. They'll probably have the fixes included in that build.

I really hope this trend of patches adding more issues than they fix doesn't continue. That's the quickest way to kill a game...When people sit down after a patch and things are worse, many don't come back.

I'm sure the unbreakable doors are more than enough to make a few hundred people say fuck it.

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Meh, I don't think I'm a bad player but I definitely have bad games, lots of them. :P Sometimes the counselors beat me, sometimes the game's various issues beat me and sometimes people quit mid-kill, host quits, etc.

I have noted that a lot of this has to do with how the map happens to be populated.