Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

16 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

You forgot to add that pc and ps4 will get all this before xbox even gets the Hot fix.

10 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

Couldn't resist could you.

Don't think it would surprise anyone though.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

tumblr_inline_ong6q8OCLp1rgrqpu_500.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

I want to try and give regular updates on whats going on here at IllFonic and what we are currently working on, things get busy so I cant promise these every week but I will do my best.

Right now I dont have dates for patches yet...just Soon™

Bugs

• Perk Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.
    • If people find issues with any other Perks let me know
  • PhD for Murder (In Verification)
    • We have a fix for XB1 and Steam not working; QA is verifying on both platforms but its going to take a little bit before I know for sure if its fixed or not.
  • Pocket Knife Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • Additional fixes for the spam kill exploit.
  • Stun Locking Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where the Stun Timer was being doubled...opps, its fixed internally and will be rolled out with the next patch.
  • Jason Stun Animation (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where after Jason was stunned but hit again it was breaking the Stun Animation/Pose making it appear Jason was no longer stunned when he actually was.
  • Grand Slam Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We fixed a number of issues where Counselors could knock Jason across the map...it may still happen occasionally but it should not happen as often anymore.
  • Male Counselor Voices  (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where male counselors were using the same sound files...we checked it in late last night so we need QA to verify its working now.
  • Misc Audio (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where certain audio was being heard across the map
  • Windows and Doors (In Verification)
    • This will be a little longer...
    • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
    • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
    • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware
  • Performance (In Progress)
    • This is a big one that we are currently trying to track down. No info yet...

If there are other things not mentioned above drop them in the comments. 

Be gentle...

- Gertz

I've had a problem where I was Jason and could not open doors, rage through, or swing and hit them

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not in the slightest. 

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@Gertz thanks again! For the male counselor voices, does this mean all of them will have separate voices now (besides Chad)? Like in the VC?

I am curious about this too. I've been hoping for unique voice-overs returning for a while now.

4 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

I want to try and give regular updates on whats going on here at IllFonic and what we are currently working on, things get busy so I cant promise these every week but I will do my best.

Right now I dont have dates for patches yet...just Soon™

Bugs

• Perk Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.
    • If people find issues with any other Perks let me know
  • PhD for Murder (In Verification)
    • We have a fix for XB1 and Steam not working; QA is verifying on both platforms but its going to take a little bit before I know for sure if its fixed or not.
  • Pocket Knife Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • Additional fixes for the spam kill exploit.
  • Stun Locking Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where the Stun Timer was being doubled...opps, its fixed internally and will be rolled out with the next patch.
  • Jason Stun Animation (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where after Jason was stunned but hit again it was breaking the Stun Animation/Pose making it appear Jason was no longer stunned when he actually was.
  • Grand Slam Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We fixed a number of issues where Counselors could knock Jason across the map...it may still happen occasionally but it should not happen as often anymore.
    • Fixed an issue where male counselors were using the same sound files...we checked it in late last night so we need QA to verify its working now.
  • Misc Audio (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where certain audio was being heard across the map
  • Windows and Doors (In Verification)
    • This will be a little longer...
    • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
    • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
    • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware
  • Performance (In Progress)
    • This is a big one that we are currently trying to track down. No info yet...

If there are other things not mentioned above drop them in the comments. 

Be gentle...

- Gertz

Hey Gertz, 

what about the Crystal Lake Small map evergreen cabin? There's a frame rate issue where it feels like the gameplay is almost in slow motion. Sometime ya might wanna take note of and fix before the next patch release. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Unknownyt said:

Thanks for the update. Cant wait for the update :)

This made me laugh.

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Single Player????

They are thinking about talking about working on this sometime in the near possible sooniverse.

When I asked, and Gertz answered a week ago I was told they are working on it, but that fixing the game in the state it was in was a priority.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

This made me laugh.

They are thinking about talking about working on this sometime in the near possible sooniverse.

When I asked, and Gertz answered a week ago I was told they are working on it, but that fixing the game in the state it was in was a priority.

So, "This Summer!" isn't happening.....

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So, "This Summer!" isn't happening.....

I am not saying that. 

Also, I totally promised I wasn't going to bitch about single player until September 22nd or they cancel it, whichever comes first. 

I just condensed all of the things they said last week in to a simple statement. 

Only other (minor?) thing you could look at would be Savini not being in the random Jason pool(for those that have him). Right now, there's absolutely no chance to get Savini playing Random. Oh,and Part 9's music.100%.

Excited for the fixes though (Male voices? Finally yesssss)

• Like 1

Hey @Gertz

Not sure if its been reported already but the female counsellors have also had similar problems with voices changing as well. I was playing as AJ and got Tiffany's voice at times haha. 

Thanks for everything.

21 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

Hey @Gertz

Not sure if its been reported already but the female counsellors have also had similar problems with voices changing as well. I was playing as AJ and got Tiffany's voice at times haha. 

Thanks for everything.

Yes, especially on killing animation and fatigue breath. For instance: was playing as Deborah and she scream of Tiffany voice when getting head punch!

• Like 1

I'd imagine that this has already been brought up but from what I've heard and can gather Sucker Punch is bugged and lowers the chance of being able to stun Jason or something to that effect. @Gertz

@Gertz

Why is Xbox always delayed on patches & never spoken about? It's tough trying to play the game with all the issues but it's even more difficult when there is no information regarding when they might be potential fixed.

I understand actual dates aren't given for the reason of a possibly delay but at least a time frame would help a lot of us cope with these issues by seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Theres also a major issue with firecrackers not stunning Jason at all I would say anywhere from 25 to 50 percent of the time they are dropped & Jason is standing ontop of them.

• Like 1

I really want to thank you @Gertz. This sort of communication of what's happening is a real treat to see and I hope it helps you guys with feedback because.. we know how some of that can be.

Edited by Michniko
@'d Gertz.

6 hours ago, Gertz said:

I know it's not gameplay related, but I'm excited for this fix more than the rest of it since it's been a pet peeve of mine since launch.  Thanks @Gertz!  The combat/stun/collision fixes are all top notch too if they work.  Can't wait for this patch to drop!

As an aside, I have PhD in Murder on Steam, it was fixed for me after the last patch.  Not sure if that's relevant, but it's definitely on my achievement list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I am curious about this too. I've been hoping for unique voice-overs returning for a while now.

Pretty sure it was chaining up the correct voices like they had in the Virtual Cabin.  I mentioned this a week or two ago and he responded they were going to look into a correction for it, so I assume that's what was done.

• Like 1

Tyrant666 makes a lot of good points. Pretty much everything I'd talk about. I agree with most but not all. I'll provide my own 2 cents on them.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

1. What about Part 9 using Part 3 music?

2. What about Jason spawning in new areas besides his shack at mapstart? Like the lake or the woods or wherever. Just give him the knives from the start.

3. What about having the chance to have all 3 vehicle escapes on the larger maps? Boat and both cars?

• I agree that should be fixed.
  • Agreed, Jasons should just have 2 extra knives in their inventory and remove the 2 in the shack. I suggest adding this as a strength & weakness. + is 6, = is 2, - is 0.
  • I'm not so sure about that. If they did that they'd have to remove the phone for balance.

4. What about counselors locking items in rooms to troll others from getting them?

5. What about potentially bringing back special abilities for counselor?

• They could add a lockpicking skill check(just one or two checks) to unlock doors from the outside. I mean, they could just allow doors to be unlocked from either side but it's weird when Jason doesn't unlock doors when he could.
  • They'd have to be very "weak" in a manner of speaking.

6. What about Jason being allowed to use his traps indoors since counselors can use them in and out?

7. What about counselors being allowed to disable Jason's traps without a pocket knife using skill check, with the trade off being instant limp regardless of perks?

• That could become problematic if Jason traps you in a one door room, you'd just have to eat the traps or he could just leave you there while he takes care of business.
  • I'm undecided. Medic and thick skinned already eat traps when used by a good group.

8. What about making Jason more immune to stun the more stunned he gets, combined with rage?

9. What about tweaking Part 7 in a manner that would make him more desirable to play as?

• Yes I think Jason should build up temporary stun resistance(not immunity but shorter stuns) when getting stunned within a short time frame, then it will cool down to normal shortly after. Or say after the 3rd stun at the highest resistance it's reset to normal stun resistance.
  • To me the easiest way to fix Part 7 is to swap his -Traps with -Stun Resistance like he had in the Beta. They could swap -Shift with something else too but  I think there should be at least one zombie Jason with -Shift just to make the roster more unique from each other.

10. What about tweaking grabs to utilize counselor skills rather than making them instant deaths? You remove grip strength as a strength/weakness for Jasons and instead make grabs a skill check event where strength and composure determine whether counselors can escape? Obviously the pocket knife would allow the counselor to bypass the skill check event, but the trade off is other counselors can knock Jason off the counselor. If they fail the skill check, they are allowed to be grab killed.

11. Whats the status on Fox?

• No I don't think Grip Strength needs to be removed from the strengths and weaknesses. They could add 1 more to each Jason to make them more unique from each other. I also think to encourage more combat attacks they should put a delay before grab kills that lasts up to but no longer than say 1.25 seconds.
  • I am all for the character but I'll live without it.

12. What about a buff for all Jasons melee weapon range, minus Part 6 and Savini? This would make melee weapon strikes more desirable out of shift as opposed to grab. Make it a much larger radius in all directions.

13. What about weather being toggable in maps or added to new maps?

• Jason's "lunge" style attacks clip him through doors so they should be careful with that suggestion. I suggest a third type of attack: A horizontal sweeping attack that covers a wide arc, to clear out gang assaults. Hold back and attack together to execute.
  • The new patch ate FPS for breakfast with a simple particle effects thing. I don't think weather is going to work beyond rumbling storm clouds. No rain or else you'd get 5fps.

19. Can we expect ANY new abilities to be added to gameplay for Jason down the line that might help make him more robust and fun? Multi kill for those gang assaults by counselors? Throwing knive head shot instant kills? Primary weapon throw for an instant kill?

• I can imagine something like a "hallucination" ability where Jason projects a scary image towards counselors to spike their fear like in Parts 3, 7, and 8.

As for @Gertz, I hope you take a few minutes of your time to read my thread regarding changing up the Jasons. I think it would make for a much more unique experience with each Jason, playing as and playing against the killer goalie. A few cliffnotes:

1. Silent footsteps for Jason during Stalk, dependant on each Jason's Stalk potency. Weak Stalk=Audible Footsteps while running & Fast-Walking, Normal Stalk = Silent footsteps while walking & fast-walking, Strong Stalk = Entirely silent footsteps.

2. New Strength/Weakness: Fear: Counselors are more/less afraid of a particular Jason

3. New Strength/Weakness: Rage: That Jason gains rage sooner/later than other Jasons.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I knocked Savini Jason across the water with Firecrackers.  I was at the boathouse on Crystal Lake map. (Was kind of cool to see it)

Also, I was grabbed by Part 9 Jason when I was 3/4 of the way through a window.