Sign in to follow this  
GhostWolfViking

Video breaking doors - Before and after new patch. Why Jason is not fun to play.

7 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Out of the Combat Stance. Just press the button when it appears in front of a door.

Yep. Then get stunned through the door. 

5 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

...Lol, people still complaining that Jason was nerfed? Counselors stupid and overpowered? B)

Meanwhile, I keep wiping them all everytime I get to play as Jason... And I'm not even that good! Come on, people. 

My sentiments exactly.

If the game is now ruined because you can't combat stance doors like before, maybe you just need to find another game. If not, adjust your play style and you'll have less to gripe about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emperiex said:

My sentiments exactly.

If the game is now ruined because you can't combat stance doors like before, maybe you just need to find another game. If not, adjust your play style and you'll have less to gripe about.

I have. I still win 7/8-8/8 as Jason. The new change still sucks, what's your point again?

I have adapted to the new changes now. I use Lachappa. Perks I selected are Restful (epic), Preparedness (rare), and Lightfoot (epic).

For Jason I selected Savini Jason. 7/7 to 8/8 kills most matches. Once in while 2 people escape in the boat or 2 seater. Never got killed as Jason.

I had fun tonight. Only a few things need a patch.

1. Allow me to break windows while swinging a normal attack or in combat stance. Leave in A as well too. Make the animation faster. Everyone is happy.

2. Allow me to hit counselors climbing through a window and remove their god mode.

3. Fix holding down RT animation attack on doors. I don't like getting stuck in place at the end of the animation. The door breaks and I don't see Jason hit it. Swing to get free.

4. Allow me to use combat stance on cabin walls and doors again. Not just the RT animation only.

5. Fix the problem with attacks getting canceled out after the first thing they hit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, malloymk said:

Yep. Then get stunned through the door. 

I think that is what it was intended by the developers. It also happened in the movies as well (most notably in Part 3).

9 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Allow me to hit counselors climbing through a window and remove their god mode.

I don't remember, but maybe the developers already fixed this.

15 hours ago, Max Walker said:

I have. I still win 7/8-8/8 as Jason. The new change still sucks, what's your point again?

My point is if you're still managing 7/8 or 8/8 you should stop whining so much about the changes.

Holding RT on some doors won't break them. The door will have a bug that makes it unbreakable or you get stuck. Had to use combat stance to break them down or forget them and move on. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Emperiex said:

My point is if you're still managing 7/8 or 8/8 you should stop whining so much about the changes.

So because i'm a good player I should be punished? It's not "whining" it's trying to make the game as realistic yet fun as possible. The vast majority of the community never even complained about the windows being an issue so your point is moot. Any thinking person would understand that Jason being unable to break windows simply by free swinging is just silly and unrealistic(by F13's own rules), making Jason far less intimidating than he deserves to be.

• Like 2

@Gertz

Noticed an increase in Jason players qutting on Xbox One after the patch. They keep saying in the lobby that Jason is not fun to play anymore.

I set my preference back to counselor. I hate the bugs with the doors and slow window animations. No hot fix still. 

Players are escaping in the cars before Jason can unlock shift on new small maps. It's not fun at all.

Number one thing I hate as counselor is spawning at the phone box and instantly dying at the start. Please fix this spawns too.

I just spent the last hour in spectate mode. Can you please add a mini game to play in spectate mode?

I personally don't watch players on twitch, mixer or any other app. I find it boring to watch other players when I could be playing the game myself. Change the time to 15 minutes for match. 20 minutes is too long to sit in spectate mode.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@Gertz

Noticed an increase in Jason players qutting on Xbox One after the patch. They keep saying in the lobby that Jason is not fun to play anymore.

I set my preference back to counselor. I hate the bugs with the doors and slow window animations. No hot fix still. 

Players are escaping in the cars before Jason can unlock shift on new small maps. It's not fun at all.

Number one thing I hate as counselor is spawning at the phone box and instantly dying at the start. Please fix this spawns too.

I just spent the last hour in spectate mode. Can you please add a mini game to play in spectate mode?

I personally don't watch players on twitch, mixer or any other app. I find it boring to watch other players when I could be playing the game myself. Change the time to 15 minutes for match. 20 minutes is too long to sit in spectate mode.

hahaha i've noticed a lot more Jason's quitting since after the patch...the small maps don't help much either. Once the 4 door is fixed(less than 2 min usually with a decent team) the jason tries to stop the car, gets juked and QUITS!  LOL   this is a common pattern with 2-3 of my friends I play with in a public lobby. I have one friend who just gets in the car and circles the map for most of the round so Jason doesn't quit instantly while we get other objectives done.  You know things are bad when you don't fear Jason in his own game. LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Max Walker said:

So because i'm a good player I should be punished? It's not "whining" it's trying to make the game as realistic yet fun as possible. The vast majority of the community never even complained about the windows being an issue so your point is moot. Any thinking person would understand that Jason being unable to break windows simply by free swinging is just silly and unrealistic(by F13's own rules), making Jason far less intimidating than he deserves to be.

No, my point is not moot, and if you bothered to brush up on your comprehension skills you would see that I do agree that the window breaking animation was pointless. But all of this other shit you're complaining about? Like I said, either adjust your play style or find a new game to play. It's just that simple.

The community has already spoken on the issue. The developers rely on us to help them make a better game, not just take every patch with open arms. Some patches are gonna have problems and make the game run worse, it's up to a vigilant community to let them know about it. The communities complaints are legit(see poll on window patch), while you saying a vast majority of legit complaints are "whining" is just arrogant and childish.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:54 PM, ZiG ZaG said:

People who do so much research on this game and know so much about  but still are terrible make me laugh.

So you went on and on about it being a glitch and asked for proof it wasn't, then when you're given proof that you were wrong you insult him?

Child much?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@Gertz

lol...this is painful to read from someone who I know has been playing more than a week.

Trap the cars at the beginning in Small Maps. They take priority over the fuse box due to the fact that the cops will at least have a countdown AND their close proximity to everything...The new maps intentionally switch up the priorities/strategies. Learn how to adapt.

Spawning at Phone cabin and dying? If you're dying before Jason has Shift, for ANY reason, YOU fucked up. All you have to do is not get cornered by a very slow Jason...That's 100% on you.

Spawn at the phone cabin? Take a lap and come back when Jason Morphs away - Guaranteed he will, since he has to trap cars asap too.

But advanced players trap cars before phone on small maps.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

So you went on and on about it being a glitch and asked for proof it wasn't, then when you're given proof that you were wrong you insult him?

Child much?

Did not insult the person who informed me. I was insulting the person who couldnt mind their business. You know who doesn't mind their own business? A child, something you are acting like right now.

Whats funny is in the second video the guys already in rage and still trying to swing at doors lol!!!! jasons that complain but are just MUD at playing him lol!!!  

10 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Spawning at Phone cabin and dying? If you're dying before Jason has Shift, for ANY reason, YOU fucked up. All you have to do is not get cornered by a very slow Jason...That's 100% on you.

I was exactly at the phone box as I spin around and it's in my face! Yeah...guess that's my fault for spawning there. :rolleyes:

anchorman-ahhhhhhh-gif.gifbd376954-2873-4006-8edd-710ec7809a28.gif

I go to take 1 step and was grabbed instantly. I did not mess up. I was not stuck in a corner. Has nothing to do with "git gud lol" or "adapt because your suck".

Jason did not grab the knives. Morphed right on top of me and grabbed me for the choke kill.

How is that fun when it takes longer to load into a match than it does to get killed by a bad spawn?

This is an issue the developer needs to take a look at.

This is part of the reason why so many players rage quit every match. Not the only reason obviously. :lol:

I have run into many game breaking bugs on the new small maps.

Blue car gets stuck and can't move while yellow car's gas got stuck in the ground. Phone box never spawned on the map too. The RNG gods bless me too much!

I climb through a window and get stuck floating on the other side on Packanack. Could not move at all. Waiting to be killed by Jason. Git gud casual!

Jason still gets knocked out of the map or counselors can fall out of the map into "space". Adapt to space fool!

Barricaded doors still have issues properly breaking open with RT animation. Use your cabin key Jason. Pro tip, It's under the mat!

Cars hit random objects or invisible ramps and go flying and get destroyed. Do tricks off the stunt ramps for more points noob!

Items sometimes transform into other things when dropped back on the ground. That is what happens when you use the call of duty zombies mystery box!

Jason's abilities will sometimes lock up and he will slow walk with no run. Eat a baby ruth candy bar sloth! You're not you when your're hungry! :lol:

N5jByyZ.gif

For the players who are going to reply with git gud. Let me save you the trouble...:lol:

git_gud_casual_heman.thumb.gif.7404cb2b8

6 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I was exactly at the phone box as I spin around and it's in my face! Yeah...guess that's my fault for spawning there. :rolleyes:

anchorman-ahhhhhhh-gif.gifbd376954-2873-4006-8edd-710ec7809a28.gif

I go to take 1 step and was grabbed instantly. I did not mess up. I was not stuck in a corner. Has nothing to do with "git gud lol" or "adapt because your suck".

Jason did not grab the knives. Morphed right on top of me and grabbed me for the choke kill.

How is that fun when it takes longer to load into a match than it does to get killed by a bad spawn?

This is an issue the developer needs to take a look at.

The fact that you got so unlucky this one time at death camp is not necessarily something the developers need to look at. You know this is a random game.

At worst they may have put a spawn point too close to the morph point, but in the end, the fact that you died quickly in a game where you are being hunted is not a sign of a major flaw. It is a sign that you happened to be exactly where Jason was going at exactly the time he was going there.

That other stuff you mentioned may be more something to look at.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, ZiG ZaG said:

Did not insult the person who informed me. I was insulting the person who couldnt mind their business. You know who doesn't mind their own business? A child, something you are acting like right now.

You literaly quoted the guy who posted a direct screenshot of a dev saying combat stancing doors was not a glitch.

The guy above him only a few min prior quoted you and posted a seperate screenshot proving you wrong, and the guy you quoted posted right below him a few min later with a seperate and even more concrete screen proving you wrong.

Your sole reply to either of them was an insult. No "Alright i stand corrected", just quoting someone who proved you wrong and insulting them.

That's as childish as they come.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:42 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

y4mVpCAl_S99ETg5Jpsd7kZ4b9QvhFInMSdfaPRK

This was the man who corrected me and I did not insult him.

The person @weirdkid5 that yall are qouting, couldnt mind his own business, posted the screen shot and then threw shade 45 minutes after @GhostWolfViking (the person I was having a conversation with)  corrected me. Hop off and read the actual post. Matter fact, stop talking on here and play F13 with me. My GT is TCU ZiG ZaG. 

6 hours ago, ZiG ZaG said:

The person @weirdkid5 that yall are qouting, couldnt mind his own business, posted the screen shot and then threw shade 45 minutes after @GhostWolfViking (the person I was having a conversation with)  corrected me. Hop off and read the actual post. Matter fact, stop talking on here and play F13 with me. My GT is TCU ZiG ZaG. 

It's all good @ZiG ZaG. No one is upset with you. I think some players are just upset with the current state of the game and delay of patches. I welcome you to the forum and hope you have an enjoyable experience. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion or giving feed back about the game. Gun Media and Illfonic are working their asses off to put out fires and fix the game in a timely manner. They keep in contact with the community which is great too. It's been been a bumpy road since launch. Everything will smooth out down the road...soon. ?

3 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

It's all good @ZiG ZaG. No one is upset with you. I think some players are just upset with the current state of the game and delay of patches. I welcome you to the forum and hope you have an enjoyable experience. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion or giving feed back about the game. Gun Media and Illfonic are working their asses off to put out fires and fix the game in a timely manner. They keep in contact with the community which is great too. It's been been a bumpy road since launch. Everything will smooth out down the road...soon. ?

Thanks man. Hopefully they do. If you are ever on xbox hmu. We can run a couple matches together.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 9:57 AM, ZiG ZaG said:

All you did was get mad that I said I think "inside sources" are hilarious. You asked for evidence and I gave it, regardless if someone else did too.

This is a public forum, everything is all of our business.

I made a quip about inside sources and you proceed to call me a child and question my skill the the game.

Chill out homie lmao it ain't that cereal

We can all remain civilized. There was some good information posted. The Illfonic is aware of the issues and working was quickly as possible to resolve the bugs.

Happy to see @GunMedia_Ben liked the Higgins Haven Sense exploit I shared with him and Gertz. Be patient and everything will be worked out soon™ in 2018. :lol:

Bill-Murray-Caddyshack.gif