Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

fixing game mechanics after launch?

Just wondering if after launch say months later we all notice there is unbalanced portions of the game if you (gun) will be able to do updates to fix it and polish it up? I'm sure you can but is there some sort of extent with each game (company) that's out there like Star Wars battlefront is constantly doing updates morphing weapons and such but they are a huge company so wasn't sure how it works? Say Jason's machete is to sharp and too much blood is being shed players are not winning rounds ... can you make his blade dull sort if speak and balance it out? I know I'm jumping the gun big time haha "gun" but all questions we have on our minds!

• Like 1

I think this question is somewhat pre-mature. Comparing battle front to this game is like apples and oranges. In a game like this balance is not as necessary. Jason is supposed to be OP. You as a councilor need to strategize and execute a plan to survive. Taking down Jason is possible but it is supposed to be a very very hard almost impossible thing to do.

With that said if some mechanic needs to be tweeked it can be altered via patch like any other game on the market. If your question is will the game be supported once released the answer is yes.

• Like 1

Yes I think I knew the answer but I'm still new to the new generation of online gaming and all and wasn't sure if a company as big as Dice had more control over doing this kind of thing compared to GUN!

Hopefully all or most of the glitches will be taken care of during the beta testing. After gamers start going hands on with the game I'm sure this question will be revisited.

I think it will be just as fun getting killed by Jason if not more fun than surviving! That small chance of being able to defeat Jason will keep people coming back for another chance.

Definitely a valid question; yes, we will definitely be constantly watching balancing and how games go. This is generally referred to as the 'meta' of the game, where we see a major pattern start to show between players and their choices. If we start to see a bunch of players as a specific counselor start to do the same thing more often than normal, we'll see if that's negatively affecting gameplay. 

Most every game (even from major titles like LoL, CS:GO, SCII, CoD, BF...the list goes on) is going to have some sort of balancing issues, there's potentially millions of people playing the game, and someone is bound to figure something out that we as the developers hadn't anticipated. 

We'll be keeping a close eye on sessions to ensure that people are feeling like they have a fair shot at the game (within the parameters of Jason being a brutal murder machine, of course.)