Would you pay for "backpacks"?

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Loot crates in f13?

No.

Next question.

This is a new thing now in gaming so I will not be surprise if it happens

1 minute ago, Dragonborn said:

This is a new thing now in gaming so I will not be surprise if it happens

It's not new. It's been around for a long while with mobile games. Triple A games discovered they can make a hefty buck (including the usual $60 price tag) off of saps who buy the stuff.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. And just because it's new it doesn't mean every game should have them. Integrity is important ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Absolutely not, i get enough of that horseshit in gears of war.

If I would have known Gears 4 had loot crates I wouldn't have even bought it.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If I would have known Gears 4 had loot crates I wouldn't have even bought it.

Ive never bought one, because cosmetics are BS. But i still would have bought the game. 

Theres nothing else like Gears of War to play. An i need that cover to cover CQC gnasher fest to keep my brain sane.

But that aside RNG based packs and loot boxes for money are a toxic blight upon gaming an is ruining the entire purpose of gaming in general, and is just an all around slimy greedy con to get extra money.

Mini rant over.

• Like 1

I love cosmetic DLC. Fashion truly is life! I will gladly throw tons of money at the devs for frivolous clothing IF IN return they use that money to expand the game with new modes, maps, Jason's, and counselors. 

47 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

That's a solid "no" there, Sparky. 

It's actually sparkly. :P

So what is the argument against this type of feature if the crates are completely optional and do not give an advantage over gameplay? 

Honestly curious. No pitch forks please!

4 minutes ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

So what is the argument against this type of feature if the crates are completely optional and do not give an advantage over gameplay? 

Prefer to have all cosmetic items available through progression than locked behind a gamble pay wall locked behind another $40 pay wall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Prefer to have all cosmetic items available through progression than locked behind a gamble pay wall locked behind another $40 pay wall.

Fair enough. I guess for me there is a thrill of gamble in it which I like. Funny enough I never gamble for real money. Odd.

13 hours ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

So basically along the vein of counter strike drop boxes.

You pay real life dollars for a backpack that cointains rare perks and unique skins for characters and weapons. 

I would.

1349913049717.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

So basically along the vein of counter strike drop boxes.

You pay real life dollars for a backpack that cointains rare perks and unique skins for characters and weapons. 

I would.

No.

12 hours ago, fourkillmaster said:

No I like the current DLC system the devs are doing, I'm honestly suprised at how cheap they are selling the Spring-break 1984 pack for I paid more for the Counselor Clothing Pack Preorder.

I sound dumb asking this, but where can I preorder these? I haven't seen anything in the Xbox stores yet.

11 hours ago, gamergal1591 said:

I got him for free :) he was on the xbox store by mistake for a while. As much xbox put up with we deserved that and i didnt feel bad for downloading it. We basically played beta for almost 2 weeks at launch because they didnt get use the first day patch. Then here came another update every other platform got we had to wait and wait for. He is really good but the only con is he is super slow in water.

May not want to admit that on the forums. 

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hmm, I might be tempted to pay for unique variants of existing perks, such as spawn with a baseball bat with a unique skin, or even spawn with a unique weapon, as long as that weapon had the same stats as the vanilla weapons like the bat and axe. It would have to be very cheap though.

This I may consider. After spending 30k in CP trying to upgrade marathon and one other perk and not getting those, I would pay a dollar to upgrade.

Other than that, not at all for the main question. It's a money trap that doesn't interest me and I would get duplicates of crap I don't want like aquanaut or whatever dumb perks I sell quickly. Being a level 101 I have no purpose trying to buy outfits unless they are new DLCs.

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I sound dumb asking this, but where can I preorder these? I haven't seen anything in the Xbox stores yet.

No preorder. The pack he's referring to is the backer DLC.

45 minutes ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

Pay for random rare perks is an pay to win scheme. See my earlier post for why I think that is wrong. 

Mystery boxes are an attempt to multiply the earnings from weak dlc. They are selling bikinis for 2 bucks. If they sell 1 dollar chance boxes I have a 1-7 chance of getting Chad speedo. It could take a hundred times to get my Chad, or one time. On average it would take people a lot more money to get what you want. It is a deceptive, or predatory way of giving people what they want. 

At best, most people would buy 2 random packs, not get what they want and buy the original pack. Thus, doubling the money for the same content. 

If you want to sell speedos, sell speedos, don't sell me the chance of a speedo. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gamergal1591 said:

Ill happily pay for new outfits for my jenny myers, Her outfits are the highest to unlock in the game and the majority patterns and shoes are ugly. With the brown shoes and a few switches of pants and shirts i finally got one outfit i love lol with this being such a social game we most deff need new clothing to stand out from others.

I think Jenny might be close to Tiffany-level when her two-piece bikini comes out, she looks pretty good there. Jenny's tight jeans have always looked nice xD 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

How much is the summer DLC anyway?

4 bucks but it'll be half off when it's first released.

I like the clothing DLCs simply because it sets people apart from others because everyone uses the same goddamn characters all the time. "Welcome to the Crystal Lake Cloning Facility".

I hate the idea of actual abilities or advantages being gained because someone paid cash for them. What is the point of learning the game or playing to get XP to gamble on perks and such if you can just buy them?

And then there's some poor sap out there who for whatever reason can't afford any DLC and he has to play at a disadvantage because of that? NO, that would be awful.

8 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

4 bucks but it'll be half off when it's first released.

Nice thanks! So like $80 Canadian for me.

2 minutes ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

Nice thanks! So like $80 Canadian for me.

No way! We have those cool Dungeons and Dragons gold gold coins with the loon on them. They must be worth something. Still haven't gotten the chocolate out of any of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

No thanks! I don't like pay to win. 

It wouldn't be pay to win tho.