Sign in to follow this  
Rexfellis

Out of pocket

The company I work for, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that I am headed to South Texas tomorrow (Baytown), for the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. This is not an altruistic endeavor, I won't be saving lives or rescuing puppies from floods. I'll be working to get power back on at the Chevron-Phillips refinery there. But, it's going to be 12+ hours a day,  6-7 days a week for 3 months. (And there goes my Halloween plans <_<) I'm actually taking a demotion to go there, but the pay is better...so...meh.

I'm sure most people on here don't give a shit, but I just wanted to explain why I will not be on the forums for a while. Had a sit down with my mini-me tonight and told to him that I had to leave. There were some tears (some his, some mine, some Mommy's). But, this is part of being an adult and living up to my responsibilities.

I'll try to get a few matches in here and there, and pop in here to say hi. Take care everyone, and I'll be right there with ya hoping that the October 13th update is as awesome as we all want it to be.

Have a drink on me: jRMHC9c.jpg?1

• Like 2

Dude, if it's not rescuing puppies, getting the power back on in a place like that is still very valuable and appreciated I'm sure. Sounds like a lot of long hours there, best wishes and I hope everything goes well.

Just do what you need to do and take care. We'll still be here and hopefully there'll be some fresh content goodies for you to have fun with when you're back.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Dude, if it's not rescuing puppies, getting the power back on in a place like that is still very valuable and appreciated I'm sure. Sounds like a lot of long hours there, best wishes and I hope everything goes well.

Just do what you need to do and take care. We'll still be here and hopefully there'll be some fresh content goodies for you to have fun with when you're back.

Thank you sir. Leaving soon. I am not a big fan of this move, but I have to do what I have to do.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I will miss your presence here.

As much as I hate to, some times you just have to adult. Good luck and I hope you can stop by over the next few months.

I appreciate that man. You are right, sometimes you have to adult, and that sucks.. I will try to stop by when I can. You take care buddy. :)