Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Why can't you damage Counselors though windows anymore?

Recommended Posts

Because we have animations now that don't let us break windows when a counselor is jumping through it. It's not a bug. They chose to nerf this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HowAreYa said:

Because we have animations now that don't let us break windows when a counselor is jumping through it. It's not a bug. They chose to nerf this.

So they are pretty much safe once they get to a window, making it harder for Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

So they are pretty much safe once they get to a window, making it harder for Jason.

Yes, that's right. I don't like it when I'm playing Jason, but it makes me as counselor easier to survive which I definitly like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HowAreYa said:

Yes, that's right. I don't like it when I'm playing Jason, but it makes me as counselor easier to survive which I definitly like.

But now  they can just juke though cabins, and the fast running campers are even harder to catch now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep they altered the physics so that, in essence, once your swing connects with something, it stops your swing.  So no more hitting counselors while breaking down doors, through windows, etc.  Definitely annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Yep they altered the physics so that, in essence, once your swing connects with something, it stops your swing.  So no more hitting counselors while breaking down doors, through windows, etc.  Definitely annoying.

But yet they can hit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

But yet they can hit you.

Can they still hit you through a half-broken door?  I'm honestly not sure if they changed the physics on just Jason's swing mechanics or if they did it to the counselors too.  
I'd say if that's a one way street favoring the counselors that's a bad change.  I'm not a big fan of it in general, because one of the advantages of Savini Jason or Part 6 was the reach of their weapons allowing you to pretty reliably give people a good whack as they stood up after having jumped through a window.  

I think it's another case where they were trying to fix one or two specific issues and threw the baby out with the bath water by instituting big blanket mechanical changes without considering all of the potential ramifications of doing so.  But that seems to be their MO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Can they still hit you through a half-broken door?  I'm honestly not sure if they changed the physics on just Jason's swing mechanics or if they did it to the counselors too.  
I'd say if that's a one way street favoring the counselors that's a bad change.  I'm not a big fan of it in general, because one of the advantages of Savini Jason or Part 6 was the reach of their weapons allowing you to pretty reliably give people a good whack as they stood up after having jumped through a window.  

I think it's another case where they were trying to fix one or two specific issues and threw the baby out with the bath water by instituting big blanket mechanical changes without considering all of the potential ramifications of doing so.  But that seems to be their MO.

Yep, very easily, but Jason has to be in combat stance when breaking down the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hotfix on PS4 makes it so you can still injure them while climbing through, but it's very inconsistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

They really should of kept windows as they originally where.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because Gun and Illfonic are sadly giving in to the hordes of kids screaming for Jason nerfs. I'm really hoping they realize their mistake and allow us to break windows with normal melee attacks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

counselors can still hit jason thru half broken doors and broken windows.  Jason cant do $hit to a window until the counselor finishes the animation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason can still stop counselors from going through the window right before they get halfway through, that's all you can pretty much do now. I thought I was okay when he shifted me to the window but he slashed me before I got through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the most recent update speeding up the window swing animation, it's not as bad as I once thought... BUT since there is that brief invincibility once a player gets 1/3 into the window without a lucky swing or throwing knife, AND you can't break said window until they are completely inside, I still say the original way was much better and fear inducing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counselors def can still hit Jason through windows and half chopped doors. A Chad kept doing it to me today, ugh. When a counselor keeps doing this, I just manually swing (holding R2) for 5 swings then I finish the final hit with a combat stance strike and I'm able to block and counter strike.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoxingRouge said:

Jason can still stop counselors from going through the window right before they get halfway through, that's all you can pretty much do now. I thought I was okay when he shifted me to the window but he slashed me before I got through.

That.

I was hit by a Jason swing as I was climbing in a window and stayed outside. But I am pretty sure that if your halfway through the window you become invincible. 

I think if the window is closed and your standing next to it and Jason using the prompt swing to break it, that can hurt you. But if the window is already broken there is nothing he can do when your already inside the house except throw knifes.

This is as accurate as I can tell from the hotfix change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×