8 hours ago, inkystains said:

I seriously ask: as both counselor and Jason, does the dodge/block feature of combat stance work at all???

The features for block and dodge do work. The controls and reaction times (especially with Jason) are a bit buggy. Perhaps @Tommy86 has a better idea of what is going on in regards to combat controls post-patch.

• Like 1

Vehicle Speed in F13

So a few people have been asking, “how fast is the boat/car?” I had a chance to get online to do some private match testing today and I have a few figures for you. Here are a few things to note:

1. No speed enhancement perks run on the counselor (Adam).

2. The speed is purely a straight line (no turning) run.

3. The speed involves NO deceleration or acceleration. It is literally the top speed of the vehicle from the time it hits the first known point to the second known point and calculated from the known distance between the two reference points.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Car (blue car tested).

The blue car traversed a distance of 15.75 meters in an average time of 1.85 seconds.

Top Speed:  30.64 kph / 19.04 mph / 8.51 meters per second.

Since the two cars appear to have no difference in speed, only passenger capacity, I did not bother to test the yellow car. It can be done at a later time if someone is really that concerned that one is faster than the other.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Boat.

The boat traversed a distance 9 meters in an average time of 1.4 seconds.

Top Speed:  23.15 kph / 14.38 mph / 6.43 meters per second.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOR REFERENCE

(Jason Swim Speeds):

+Swim Speed:  29.3 kph / ~18 mph / 8.14 meters per second.

Neutral Swim:  18.72 kph / ~12 mph / 5.2 meters per second.

-Swim Speed:   12.24 kph / ~8 mph / 3.4 meters per second.

(Jason Shift Speeds):

Shift+/Neutral:  38.34 kph /  23.82 mph  (Roy is unique and does not follow the values of normal Shift Neutral.)

-Shift:   27 kph / 16.7 mph

EDIT: Shift speeds corrected 24 February 2018

Generally speaking, the vehicles tend to decelerate a bit when turning and lots of drivers tend to "'pump" the gas for better control while navigating the map. These numbers show what the vehicles are capable of, but not necessarily the performance you'll get. Hope this info helps you all understand the game a bit better!

Thanks to @bewareofbears for the assist on getting this information!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

(Jason Shift Speeds):

+Shift:  33.75 kph / ~21 mph

Neutral:  32 kph / ~20 mph

-Shift:   21.6 kph / 13.4 mph

If it truly is the case that +Shift has such a small speed increase over neutral shift, then they need to buff -Shift to match that difference. That's like a 5% difference. That would make -Shift about 30.34mph.

As for vehicle speed, maybe in the future it could make for an interesting mechanic to make the vehicles go slower when carrying passengers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If it truly is the case that +Shift has such a small speed increase over neutral shift, then they need to buff -Shift to match that difference. That's like a 5% difference. That would make -Shift about 30.34mph.

As for vehicle speed, maybe in the future it could make for an interesting mechanic to make the vehicles go slower when carrying passengers.

Yeah - Shift is more significantly disadvantaged overall. Don't know why it is not an even spread. I guess that is like wondering why -Sense has better range than neutral Sense for the post-Rage bump. Why? I don't know ::shrug::! :)

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah - Shift is more significantly disadvantaged overall. Don't know why it is not an even spread. I guess that is like wondering why -Sense has better range than neutral Sense for the post-Rage bump. Why? I don't know ::shrug::! :)

Geez, really? They need to re-balance all the abilities to have consistent spreads rather than be placed all weird.

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Geez, really? They need to re-balance all the abilities to have consistent spreads rather than be placed all weird.

I get the impression it may just be a coding error that went unnoticed; the cooldowns are correct, but the range increase is wrong for those two. Seriously, who's going to spend 8-10 hours testing how Sense works at their QA group? They''re going to verify it is operational and move on. :P

I find squaring up with Jason utilizing a piece of driftwood with no pocketknife as Lechappa to be the most effective strategy. Also, attempt to negotiate with Jason by bribing him with Arizona Iced Tea and Four Locos. He's a good guy so he'll help you out.

On 08/02/2018 at 3:59 PM, Alkavian said:

The features for block and dodge do work. The controls and reaction times (especially with Jason) are a bit buggy. Perhaps @Tommy86 has a better idea of what is going on in regards to combat controls post-patch.

Haven't done any controlled testing on it, but just from the matches I played, everything looks the same. Which is to say the same issues still remain as well. I'll have to get one of my group to help with some boring tests, need to confirm a few things. I'd do it in offline but bots are uncooperative. :lol:

Basically there's 2 main issues, which are Jason's combat controls not executing sometimes, and also the block animation taking longer / being slower sometimes. It's a bit hard to explain so I'm better off showing it with a video I think, I can add one later.

Having said that, these issues don't occur so often as to make combat unusable or anything like that. They can just pop up from time to time.

Well it feels really for me that they slowed down both car a little, but why should they make the cars even more slower when passengers are inside that would make no sense.

But still what I hate is that once the counselors are inside a Jar, you as Jason having huge disadvantages now about stopping it as when you use your shift or morph ability they will either drive sideways around Jason or driving backward all the time.

And about the grab range well what I really don´t like is that before the patch you was still able to shift and grab somebody easily.

But now when you do it you mostly missed the counselors and "grab only the air", that´s really very annoying but helpful of course if your´re playing now a counselor.

On 4.2.2018 at 2:32 AM, Alkavian said:

Honestly, private matches with good players. You want to earn it? It's my best suggestion because of where you'll be challenged.  In QP too many people are brain dead but in private, against a coordinated group, you'll see the boat get going more often. At least in my experience.

If you see sprays, keys, knives, and the like drop, put a trap next to the bait and obscure the trap with the dead counselor's body. Works way better in dark areas and off of pathways. The leaf scatter of a Jason trap is masked better this way. With item marking in play, your odds become better that your bait will be taken if the counselor had something special...like the fuse. Keep the corpse booby trap as near the bait items as possible.

Edit: "kick" just means use Jason's feet to nudge the dead counselor where you need them.

Like I said it will be still wastage of traps imao esp. cause Jason pt. 4 got only three traps, and also e.g. you killed somebody inside a house and he got like you said as main objective part the like you said fuse, you can't set traps inside the houses only outside.

Also you can't guard all the time now the parts, as this might also cost match time.

So best is still imao to set traps at the cars, and the phone box, esp. now since the patch they are less traps to disable the traps.

36 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Like I said it will be still wastage of traps imao esp. cause Jason pt. 4 got only three traps, and also e.g. you killed somebody inside a house and he got like you said as main objective part the like you said fuse, you can't set traps inside the houses only outside.

Also you can't guard all the time now the parts, as this might also cost match time.

So best is still imao to set traps at the cars, and the phone box, esp. now since the patch they are less traps to disable the traps.

I wouldn't suggest doing it with 3 trap Jasons. Part 2 can play this way pretty well. 5 trappers really just depends on how the match feels and the types of playstyle you see others using.

I have a question about Speed and Stamina. Which one of them is more useful to travel long distances faster?

So let's take two counselors AJ and Jenny. 

AJ has a speed stat of 4 while Jenny's speed is 3. AJ's stamina is 4 while Jenny's is 5. Both have a cumulative score of 8.

So let's say both counselors are jogging. Obviously AJ is going to be ever so slightly faster than Jenny, however since she'll run out of stamina a bit faster she has to start resting slightly earlier. 

AJ can jog for a distance of X before running out of stamina so for that distance she'll obviously reach the destination faster but I'm interested to know how much would Jenny's higher stamina score help her catch up if the distance is longer.

7 hours ago, Raskkii said:

I have a question about Speed and Stamina. Which one of them is more useful to travel long distances faster?

To answer your question adequately I'd need to calculate how fast each counselor actually moves based on their Speed stat and then calculate how much time it takes to deplete Stamina based on their Stamina score. I haven't had a chance to do those tests yet, but they are on the agenda. I don't want to give you bad information or just take a guess.  Generally you can expect Stamina to allow you to jog/run longer and Speed will allow you to cover distance faster. As to the exact interactions and what that translates into for game purposes (dependent on counselor stat spread), I don't know enough to answer that for you yet.;)

Something I've had success with recently is the mid-shift target switch. The player in the vicinity who was not being chased prior to shift gets caught off guard, and their surprise reactions are so delicious, it's gotta be fattening.

• Haha 1

The Fixer’s Guide:

656e6fcdce0511ab29a8a8c4a7dba98a.jpg

Most of you probably know by now that I favor fixer characters; LaChappa and Mitch being my favorites. If you want to be effective as a fixer, there are probably a few things you should consider. Nothing arouses Jason quite as much as killing off a slow, low Stamina characters – except perhaps killing Chad. I think we all love to kill Chad. This guide is primarily focused on Deborah, Eric, and Mitch but some of the points apply to any character trying to perform fixer duties.

#1. You are not Superman. Never get it in your head that playing a fixer is about combat. It is about avoiding Jason and pushing the objectives quickly while he is distracted. You can fix right under Jason’s nose with high Repair, but you better have someone watching your back.

#2. Put on your Kevlar underwear. Never leave home without Thick Skinned as a perk. Pocket knives can help disable traps, but as a fixer, you might want to hold onto the knife to save your slow ass when it comes down to the wire. Unless you’re doing a sneaky repair on the phone box; be ready to tank traps. This means you’ll want to keep a med-spray handy. Medic and Hypochondriac are good perks to select in this regard.

#3. Place the 1-900 call. If you have got a Repair stat of 8 or more, your primary objective should be getting off a call to the cops. You are super-fast at repairs and less likely to make mistakes because of the ease of the QTEs. EXPLOIT THAT! Any chance you get you should be running up Jason’s phone bill. Have the perk My Dad’s a Cop at Rare or better quality to just add icing to the cake.

#4. Don’t dry hump objectives. I realize fixers are slow and have low Stamina, but that doesn’t mean you camp objectives endlessly. If Jason’s “spidey sense” is tingling that you’re trying to fondle his objectives; he will tunnel the crap out of you to make sure you’re removed from play. If you’re good at using hiding spots and making Jason think you’re not around so that he leaves; more power to you. If he thwarts more than 2-3 attempts at an objective – MOVE ON. Your interest in that objective only keeps him interested in defending it even harder.

#5. Coordination is key. If you’re not running a mic or at least watching your map like a hawk and listening/watching what everyone else it up to; you’re doing it wrong. Fixers need those teammates to distract and have your back. Lone wolfing is not really the best option for the likes of Eric, Deb, and Mitch. You can do it but with coordinated play you’ll pay far more dividends to the counselor cause.

#6. The parts are your cause. If you have to choose between a repair item and a weapon, you’d better be picking up that battery or stuffing the boat prop in your undies. Unless Jason is imminently about to end your cabin hopping career or you don’t have a part to pick up in your immediate vicinity, weapons are not a priority. ::All the Chad players gasp in unison:: Your job is to apply constant and consistent pressure to various objectives. If you want to fight, wait until you die and come back as Jommy Tarvis. Then you can go all Snake Plissken on your escape.

#7. No touchy! Stay the hell away from other high Repair characters unless you have no choice. The high Repair characters work better spread out and hitting multiple objectives at once. If you gather in one area, you make Jason’s life too easy. Remember you lack Stamina and Speed; and your Luck isn't much to write home about either. Your advantages favor dispersed objective pushes backed by other counselors doing their role to protect, kite, or ferry parts for you.

#8. Ninja vanish! Read the article I wrote on avoiding detection. As a fixer, you’d better become an absolute snake when it comes to exploiting the hiding mechanics of the game and out-thinking a Jason hunting you through buildings. Seriously, if you want to get good at playing characters like Deb, Eric, and Mitch, you’ll have to learn to master this skill. If you don’t nail this aspect of gameplay, I promise you’ll hate playing these types of characters with frequency.

Quick Time Event (QTE) Resets:

Any counselor can reset a QTE event by simply releasing the activation button and trying again. There is no penalty for this. Use this technique to get the best possible QTE to make your life easy. Once again, this is not just for high Repair characters. It works wonders for all characters. Characters with higher Luck don’t have to reset as often to get a favorable QTE.

Order of Repairs:

If Jason isn’t around and you have all the parts you need nearby, you might want to consider putting in the gas for vehicles first. Jason does not know what objectives are completed except when the police chatter comes through, the car starts up, or he sees the boat moving on his map. Jason CAN see that a prop has been installed or a battery has been installed. Save those repairs for last if you can manage it. It helps reduce the tendency for Jason players to guard dog an objective that you are working before you have finished it. It sucks have gas, but Jason is camping the car because he sees the hood down and heard somebody mention they found the keys.

That’s all for now campers. Best of luck to you.

~Alk

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Alkavian said:

The Fixer’s Guide:

656e6fcdce0511ab29a8a8c4a7dba98a.jpg

Most of you probably know by now that I favor fixer characters; LaChappa and Mitch being my favorites. If you want to be effective as a fixer, there are probably a few things you should consider. Nothing arouses Jason quite as much as killing off a slow, low Stamina characters – except perhaps killing Chad. I think we all love to kill Chad. This guide is primarily focused on Deborah, Eric, and Mitch but some of the points apply to any character trying to perform fixer duties.

#1. You are not Superman. Never get it in your head that playing a fixer is about combat. It is about avoiding Jason and pushing the objectives quickly while he is distracted. You can fix right under Jason’s nose with high Repair, but you better have someone watching your back.

#2. Put on your Kevlar underwear. Never leave home without Thick Skinned as a perk. Pocket knives can help disable traps, but as a fixer, you might want to hold onto the knife to save your slow ass when it comes down to the wire. Unless you’re doing a sneaky repair on the phone box; be ready to tank traps. This means you’ll want to keep a med-spray handy. Medic and Hypochondriac are good perks to select in this regard.

#3. Place the 1-900 call. If you have got a Repair stat of 8 or more, your primary objective should be getting off a call to the cops. You are super-fast at repairs and less likely to make mistakes because of the ease of the QTEs. EXPLOIT THAT! Any chance you get you should be running up Jason’s phone bill. Have the perk My Dad’s a Cop at Rare or better quality to just add icing to the cake.

#4. Don’t dry hump objectives. I realize fixers are slow and have low Stamina, but that doesn’t mean you camp objectives endlessly. If Jason’s “spidey sense” is tingling that you’re trying to fondle his objectives; he will tunnel the crap out of you to make sure you’re removed from play. If you’re good at using hiding spots and making Jason think you’re not around so that he leaves; more power to you. If he thwarts more than 2-3 attempts at an objective – MOVE ON. Your interest in that objective only keeps him interested in defending it even harder.

#5. Coordination is key. If you’re not running a mic or at least watching your map like a hawk and listening/watching what everyone else it up to; you’re doing it wrong. Fixers need those teammates to distract and have your back. Lone wolfing is not really the best option for the likes of Eric, Deb, and Mitch. You can do it but with coordinated play you’ll pay far more dividends to the counselor cause.

#6. The parts are your cause. If you have to choose between a repair item and a weapon, you’d better be picking up that battery or stuffing the boat prop in your undies. Unless Jason is imminently about to end your cabin hopping career or you don’t have a part to pick up in your immediate vicinity, weapons are not a priority. ::All the Chad players gasp in unison:: Your job is to apply constant and consistent pressure to various objectives. If you want to fight, wait until you die and come back as Jommy Tarvis. Then you can go all Snake Plissken on your escape.

#7. No touchy! Stay the hell away from other high Repair characters unless you have no choice. The high Repair characters work better spread out and hitting multiple objectives at once. If you gather in one area, you make Jason’s life too easy. Remember you lack Stamina and Speed; and your Luck isn't much to write home about either. Your advantages favor dispersed objective pushes backed by other counselors doing their role to protect, kite, or ferry parts for you.

#8. Ninja vanish! Read the article I wrote on avoiding detection. As a fixer, you’d better become an absolute snake when it comes to exploiting the hiding mechanics of the game and out-thinking a Jason hunting you through buildings. Seriously, if you want to get good at playing characters like Deb, Eric, and Mitch, you’ll have to learn to master this skill. If you don’t nail this aspect of gameplay, I promise you’ll hate playing these types of characters with frequency.

Quick Time Event (QTE) Resets:

Any counselor can reset a QTE event by simply releasing the activation button and trying again. There is no penalty for this. Use this technique to get the best possible QTE to make your life easy. Once again, this is not just for high Repair characters. It works wonders for all characters. Characters with higher Luck don’t have to reset as often to get a favorable QTE.

Order of Repairs:

If Jason isn’t around and you have all the parts you need nearby, you might want to consider putting in the gas for vehicles first. Jason does not know what objectives are completed except when the police chatter comes through, the car starts up, or he sees the boat moving on his map. Jason CAN see that a prop has been installed or a battery has been installed. Save those repairs for last if you can manage it. It helps reduce the tendency for Jason players to guard dog an objective that you are working before you have finished it. It sucks have gas, but Jason is camping the car because he sees the hood down and heard somebody mention they found the keys.

That’s all for now campers. Best of luck to you.

~Alk

This is why fighters and fixers should use the buddy system. Have your fighter tank the trap to get Jason's attention, and then pull him away from the objective while the fixer comes out of hiding and repairs while Jason's on the chase.

An observant Jason knows when he's being distracted though, so be quick with your repairs.

30 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

This is why fighters and fixers should use the buddy system. Have your fighter tank the trap to get Jason's attention, and then pull him away from the objective while the fixer comes out of hiding and repairs while Jason's on the chase.

An observant Jason knows when he's being distracted though, so be quick with your repairs.

Indeed. Having a little back-up to create a window of opportunity is great.

giphy.gif

On 1/26/2018 at 1:28 PM, Alkavian said:

Man Behind the Mask Series:  “Savini” Jason

friday-the-13th-game-savini-hell-jason-s

Primary Application:  Aggressive Pressure

UNLOCK@:  Exclusive Content

Starting Traps:  5

Starting Knives:  2

Throwing Knife Kill@:  4 hits

Forced Entry vs. Barricade:  3 hits / 6 seconds (4 seconds combat stance)

Weapon Melee Kill@:  4 hits

Hit Detection Profile:  Group 3 animations – Part 6, Savini Jason

Morph: 30 second recharge

Sense: 15 second depletion / 15 second recharge / +45m to range post-Rage

Shift:  56.25m (~185ft) effective range / 33.75kph (~21mph) velocity / 6 second duration / 20 second recharge

Stalk:  3 minute 20 second stationary duration / 20 second moving duration / 30 second recharge

Fast Walk Speed:  7.02kph (4.36mph) / 1.95 meters per second

Swim Speed:  12.24kph (~8mph) / 3.4 meters per second

The “back from Hell” Jason. One of the very best aggressors in the game, S-Jason is excellent at applying pressure to counselors without giving them a chance to recover Stamina or think too long about escape options. As exclusive content, he is not available to all players but I hope understanding his stats will help everyone to understand his capabilities.

Offensively, S-Jason cannot be taken lightly. He can enter a barricaded door in as fast as 4 seconds with combat stance. His weapon hit detection profile is the same as Part 6, so his individual attacks are slow and his weapon tends to get stuck in environmental objects quite frequently. His high Shift makes closing the distance with fleeing counselors a breeze and its quick recharge means he’ll be back in business quickly in case you got away the first time. With not only a buff to Destruction, but also Weapon Damage, S-Jason can kill a counselor in as few as 4 hits. Fortunately, his grip strength is low giving counselors fighting chance to break free before meeting their end. This shark is nothing but teeth and attitude. Count yourself lucky that he can only walk.

In regards to objective control and defense, S-Jason sports the standard load of 5 deployable traps. He can adequately defend most objectives with little issue. His terrible water speed makes boats a troublesome objective to deal with. Keep your eyes on the main map if a boat objective spawns in a match. You may only get one chance to stop the boat before it escapes.

In general, S-Jason is a powerhouse and lends himself to applying very aggressive pressure on counselors. If you need him to hold objectives, he can do that too, albeit not as well as Part 2. One a side note, his music reminds me of nails on a chalkboard. It is very disconcerting to hear when you play as a counselor. I’m not sure if I should chalk that up as an offensive advantage or defensive advantage.

Everyone has their own strategies for playing their favorite Jasons. As I always point out, my opinions are not the final say in gameplay. I simply hope these insights and suggestions will help you better find your rhythm with your favorite Jason and give you some hard data on what individual Jasons can do. Thanks for stopping by and happy hunting! 

~Alk

I am new here but have been playing for a long while. Your research and info is impeccable! I make tutorial videos and you confirm many things I've suspected and commented on. I love helping newer players get better. Your passion for helping others is AMAZING. I am a fan of your work for sure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

I am new here but have been playing for a long while. Your research and info is impeccable! I make tutorial videos and you confirm many things I've suspected and commented on. I love helping newer players get better. Your passion for helping others is AMAZING. I am a fan of your work for sure.

Glad the info helps.?

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

This was one of your most fun guides yet. Stuffing the propellor in your panties almost made me choke on my whiskey.

• Haha 1

@Alkavian To be honest, I'm sort of 50/50 on slow repair counselors using Thick Skinned. I don't doubt its usefulness for things like taking an additional knife before being crippled (for high-end Epic perk users) or hopping through glass while taking less damage, but at the end of the day it's Medic that is most useful for dealing with traps.

Theoretically a counselor with Medic (by itself) is able to disarm traps using the trap-heal-trap-heal-heal combo if you have to deal with a double trapped objective, and Thick Skinned doesn't really improve on that. Where Thick Skinned becomes useful is when the counselor takes damage from things like a throwing knife or broken glass. If you don't know exactly how many times your counselor can deal with broken glass before dying from a trap, then having Thick Skinned is beneficial as a "better to have it and not need it, than need it but not have it" kind of perk. But if I remember correctly, even with maxed Thick Skinned a counselor who gets hit by a throwing knife plus goes through broken glass can still die if they step on a trap, something that Medic users can ignore (you just don't heal twice after the second trap because obviously you use one of the heals before the first trap, but don't step on another trap after the second one without more healing because that will kill you).

IMO, things that improve stamina are king on slow repair counselors. Marathon/Restful is especially nice on Eric/Deborah because they suffer the stamina regeneration penalty often due to panicking more quickly than Mitch/A.J. do, and pretty much every repair counselor benefits from Prepardness because it helps seeing parts on the map early (especially since many people in QP have the bad habit of immediately dropping objective parts they find so someone else deals with it). The fear reduction bonus on the Preparedness perk is nice too.

3 hours ago, Trident77 said:

@Alkavian To be honest, I'm sort of 50/50 on slow repair counselors using Thick Skinned. I don't doubt its usefulness for things like taking an additional knife before being crippled (for high-end Epic perk users) or hopping through glass while taking less damage, but at the end of the day it's Medic that is most useful for dealing with traps.

Theoretically a counselor with Medic (by itself) is able to disarm traps using the trap-heal-trap-heal-heal combo if you have to deal with a double trapped objective, and Thick Skinned doesn't really improve on that.

I still use a Rare Thick Skinned at 17% myself. I can step in two traps, heal once, and finish a repair. I never did get an Epic Thick Skinned. Every time I bring myself to the perk lottery/shot machines I hope against hope to get that Epic version. It's been 9 months. I don't think it's ever going to happen. You can certainly go with Medic though I don't use it myself. With limited perk slots, I just go with damage reduction and use the last two slots for other improvements.

3 hours ago, Trident77 said:

IMO, things that improve stamina are king on slow repair counselors. Marathon/Restful is especially nice on Eric/Deborah because they suffer the stamina regeneration penalty often due to panicking more quickly than Mitch/A.J. do, and pretty much every repair counselor benefits from Prepardness because it helps seeing parts on the map early (especially since many people in QP have the bad habit of immediately dropping objective parts they find so someone else deals with it). The fear reduction bonus on the Preparedness perk is nice too.

I like using either Preparedness or Psychic (though since the patch before last this doesn't see to be working anymore) myself to help with coordination. I've tried Marathon/Restful on fixers before but the gain for both was not significant enough to waste two slots. If I had to choose, I'd pick Restful - having more is not important with low scores as much as how fast it recharges.

I agree overall that Stamina is king, but you can learn to work around that with your movement strategy on the maps. Thanks for the feedback Trident!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I still use a Rare Thick Skinned at 17% myself. I can step in two traps, heal once, and finish a repair. I never did get an Epic Thick Skinned. Every time I bring myself to the perk lottery/shot machines I hope against hope to get that Epic version. It's been 9 months. I don't think it's ever going to happen. You can certainly go with Medic though I don't use it myself. With limited perk slots, I just go with damage reduction and use the last two slots for other improvements.

While this does technically work, you'll have much less health using trap-heal-trap even with Thick Skinned. Depending on the Thick Skinned rarity used, you might be vulnerable to a single throwing knife crippling you after performing the aforementioned combo. It's not bad...it's just not as efficient as Medic, albeit a Medic user who doesn't take Thick Skinned has less peace of mind about whether they can tank a trap or not if they've taken minor damage beforehand (e.g. several instances of window damage).

Thick Skinned also has one of the most crippling weaknesses in the game for a perk con: increased chance to stumble. An accidental stumble right when you were about to hit Jason gives him a freebie to slash/grab you, and for 3 speed counselors jogging they can be caught by a running Jason if they stumble too often. Mitch won't really worry about that (as well as Jenny albeit she isn't a fixer), but Eric will.

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I like using either Preparedness or Psychic (though since the patch before last this doesn't see to be working anymore) myself to help with coordination. I've tried Marathon/Restful on fixers before but the gain for both was not significant enough to waste two slots. If I had to choose, I'd pick Restful - having more is not important with low scores as much as how fast it recharges.

I agree overall that Stamina is king, but you can learn to work around that with your movement strategy on the maps. Thanks for the feedback Trident!

I'm used to the Dark Souls mentality where prevention > reaction. To me, having more stamina means being able to do more things before being forced to fight Jason or stop to catch your breath. I don't have an epic Marathon, but if I did it would be equipped on every counselor if I did.

But I also understand people have different opinions, and I'm glad you do articles. We need more information since not a whole lot of concrete information is released by Gun Media/Illfonic. Part of me wants to do a guide on perks, but I'm not sure how it would received by people.

I don't know if it's been mention here, but Part V Roy has a unique shift. His cooldown is the same as -shift but the speed is the same as normal shift. He also stops somewhere in between the distance of normal and negative shift. I wonder if this was bugged or intentional. He is the only Jason with this attribute.

4 hours ago, Loading said:

I don't know if it's been mention here, but Part V Roy has a unique shift. His cooldown is the same as -shift but the speed is the same as normal shift. He also stops somewhere in between the distance of normal and negative shift. I wonder if this was bugged or intentional. He is the only Jason with this attribute.

Indeed it has. ?