25 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Yes, a little bit. So basically it would still improve performance?

Love this thread, by the way.

Yes!

Thank you!

On 04/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, Alkavian said:

There have been a few posts floating around over the last few months regarding the strategy of either leaving doors open or closing them and barricading them. For some players, they seem to think they are playing “speed burglary” the game. This is largely in part to people desiring to find the most useful items quickly to secure an edge at the start of a match. Tentatively, some say they do it find parts quickly to work on objectives faster, but in practice this generally doesn’t happen. More often than not, important parts go unnoticed in the mad dash for more pocket knives. This is a fundamental teamwork failure and only a short term solution to a potentially 20 minute long problem.:)

I gave this all a read and while I can understand your points of view, as there's valid arguments on both sides, I feel it's important to point out why the alternative (leaving doors open) can be a better option. People have different playstyles and it's important to look at things objectively, in such a way that even if you think one method is better, you can at least understand how the alternative can work. I will agree that most players who go around speedlooting and leaving cabins unsecured are probably doing it for the wrong reasons, and lack the knowledge and skill to make use of its benefits. But not everyone. Some of us know what we're doing and have valid reasons for it. So allow me to explain -

1. It offers you more safety as well as others who are moving about the map should they need a safe place to catch a breather/buy time. This becomes a critical help later in the match.

If Jason isn't around, a secured cabin offers no more benefit than an unsecured one, other than perhaps peace of mind. If he doesn't have Stalk, he's not getting in unnoticed, and if he does have Stalk, he can catch you even more effectively by just waiting outside a window. I've done it countless times, it is the easiest tactic. 

If Jason is around and you are on the run, a secured cabin blocks off the fastest and most direct way to enter it, and a counselor won't even know until they are at the door already. Since doors are easy to locate, they are a guaranteed way to get you inside in no time flat if they are open, and also an easy way to escape as you don't block your exits inside. Windows, not so much. Entirely dependant on the spawn which ones are blocked off and which aren't, and also dependant on which ones have been previously opened, as having to open a window can mean the difference between being grabbed or not. Jumping through a closed one, or climbing through a broken one, can also mean the difference whether you get crippled or not.

Essentially, cabins are useful not just as a safe space for stamina regen and acquiring resources, but also for defense and combat opportunity. The entrances are not the only good things about a cabin, there is plenty of potential for both kiting and combat inside. Jason also cannot adequately Shift Grab in cabins due to many obstacles in a constricted space, compared to outside where he has more freedom to move. In large cabins, there are many doors inside to utilise as well. 

On 04/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, Caulus said:

2. Secured buildings lower Fear while you are inside

The strong source of light in cabins also lowers Fear, as well as keeping the flash light on. Not to mention beds and closets which provide very fast stamina regen. Once the power is out, a secured cabin is also not going to prevent the onset of rising Fear level.

3. Barricaded doors slow Jason down and prevent Jason from entering a building with impunity (especially using Stalk or Shift).

It depends on which Jason you're playing against. Any Jason with +Destruction is not going to provide you with much more time, and unless he doesn't have Shift yet, he will force the counselor to soon engage in combat even if the door is barricaded. Successful in combat =  stamina regen, unsuccessful = dead. +Destruction Jasons are among the most popular so this is often the case. Stalk is also just as deadly with barricaded doors, if a Jason is inclined to use it, unless a counselor is just going to stay in the cabin. Soon as they climb out a window however, they can get grabbed immediately. Like I said, I do it all the time.

4. Opening a window and climbing through is easy. It only takes about 5 seconds (faster if the window is already open). Jason cannot climb through windows. Why not make the one way he can get in a bit harder for him?

Already kind of answered this in reply to the first point. But additionally, even if a counselor is lucky enough to have an open window close by that they can jump through, there is still a recovery animation and Jason is likely to already be attacking the door by the time you get up. He can also easily throw a knife at you as soon as you do get up, something I also do in every match as Jason. Doors do not have this problem, and can easily be shut in Jason's face in time, even barricaded unless he is right behind you. You stay standing up and ready to fight / defend. If stamina is so low and Fear is so high that this is the case, you will still have to fight him once he breaks down the door. 

5. Methodically clearing a building means there is a better chance you will not miss key items.

As I mentioned at the start of the post, knowledge is required for effective speedlooting. It is also best to loot with a partner as it speeds up the process and ensures all spots are checked. But personally I can't say I miss anything while speedlooting, not one drawer or corner. I know all the cabin layouts pretty well. 

1. Place bear traps OUTSIDE barricaded doors. Jason will have to step in the trap to break down the door. He can often step around a trap placed on the floor inside the door if the player is careful.

Bear traps are something which I personally don't like, and will not use them unless I don't have a weapon. They are the #1 reason for counselors getting crippled, as so often they will not be paying enough attention while being chased and just run right into it. Even after they've placed it themselves! I see it all the time. Placing it outside of a door is as much of a hazard to a counselor as it is placing one inside. A bear trap placed inside at a door also prevents door combat which is a very effective way to get easy stuns on Jason, and stamina regen which you don't get from him stepping in a bear trap. Jason can also easily Shift over it which means it provides no reliable defense at all. So bear traps are more of a hazard IMO than a benefit, in almost any situation. If counselors could not trigger traps themselves, then my thoughts on it would change.

2. Do not lock internal doors unless you are entering a room with no exits. Close them if you like, especially if Jason is giving chase to prevent Shift-grabs, but don’t create hazards that will slow down other counselors trying to evade Jason inside a cabin.

Exactly. Now apply this to the idea that the map is one giant cabin, and the cabins in it are its rooms, and the entrances are the internal doors. You don't want to block them off unless necessary as closed entrances to cabins can prevent counselors from easily getting in and out. Locking them automatically just in case is not the meaning of necessary, it is blocking off escape routes for no reason in favour of the slower, more random and potentially dangerous window method instead.

Essentially, speed looting offers only a short term benefit to the counselor doing it and generally doesn’t facilitate good team work. More often than not, the lack of foresight ends up costing some poor bastard their life in the match as they try to get to safety and find they have been screwed over by a door being left open.

I could argue similarly giving the example of a counselor running to the nearest cabin entrance because there's either no windows or they are closed/broken, whether outside or inside of a cabin, only to find it locked when they get there. And this does happen, it is not just a hypothetical scenario. Speed looting does offer meaningful benefits in that a coordinated team can save themselves the total time accumulated from closing and barricading doors, and opening and climbing through windows. It does add up. That chunk of time goes towards finding and carrying parts over to objectives instead. 

It can firstly be argued that barricaded doors don't have a place early match, as every second while Jason doesn't have Shift and has long cooldown on his abilities counts, making it the best time to get work done. But they also don't have a place later in the match when Jason has Rage, as he will burst through them in 1 hit whether they are barricaded or not. The only uses for them I can see other than Jason confrontations is barricading the Tommy cabin so you can radio without interruption, and the biggest reason, barricading the phone box cabin so you can make the call uninterrupted. Against any competent Jason however, there will typically not be any doors to barricade the phone cabin with as they will be destroyed at the start of the match when he is placing traps there.

I personally think what it comes down to is some players relying on barricaded doors to protect them too much, and getting frustrated by the alternative method which doesn't suit their more defensive playstyle. In a way, that could be considered more selfish than players leaving doors open, because it's time spent on a precaution that has limited value to begin with, has no meaningful long term value, and blocks off the most direct entrances/exits, simply for the player's peace of mind. In which case I don't know how they deal with Jason once he has Rage, or with a +Destruction Jason. Anyone who can't kite or combat Jason in an open cabin isn't going to reliably survive in those conditions. The barricading tactic is something I consider rooted in the early days of the game, the same period of time when everyone was relying on Stealth and crouch walking in the woods. I just see it as outdated. Combat proficiency is far more important and more effective. Stop seeing the cabins as safe havens and start seeing them as battle grounds. In the case that you do need to get off Jason's radar, a hiding spot in an open cabin is as effective as a barricaded one.

EDIT: Something important I have neglected to mention. I am not necessarily advocating that doors be left wide open, though there are advantages to this such as being a good indicator of a looted cabin, able to viewed by players from a distance. There is also a speed advantage to entering a cabin with a door already wide open. However, at the very least doors can be left closed but not barricaded, acting as an obstacle to Jason's Shift while still allowing a counselor easy access. Also, Jason will often simply open the door, meaning that it can be reused as an obstacle by later closing it again. Something I constantly do with internal doors to kite Jason as well. He may think he is clever by opening it, that I will not notice, but it simply allows me to repeatedly block him off.

• Like 2

Week 10:

TALK TO ME GOOSE!  Effective communication.

It is very easy to have some pretty exciting matches in F13. When everything is working like clockwork, there is a real sense of accomplishment working as a finely honed team. Sure, you can go it alone in F13, and often this will be the case when opting to throw your hat in the Quick Play ring, but teaming up with others to work against Jason is so much more gratifying. I should note it is also gratifying to listen in on clueless counselors making plans as Jason...

tumblr_mlm17yX0Er1s89kbpo1_500.gif

Basics of in-game communications:

For those new to the game, F13 relies on proximity based chat. This means when you speak into your microphone, other players nearby can hear you, but those farther away will not. This also means that Jason can hear you talking when he is close by. If you find a walkie-talkie (or use the Psychic Perk to start with one), your voice will be transmitted to everyone that also has a walkie-talkie all over the map in addition to those nearby who can hear you.

Simple Advice:

1. Talk only when you need to or casually. Since everyone is sharing the “same channel” so to speak, it is very hard to sort out who has what, and what is happening if everyone talks over each other.

2. Please be concise when giving information. Saying, “Jason is over here!” is pretty useless unless you happen to be right next to the person. Use your map or mini-map to call out a general locality; “Hodder’s Pass”. At least this way, others can get a general idea of the area you are referring to. You can also use an established objective as a reference.

3. Call out objective locations. Tell others where to find the phone house, cars, and the boat. Don’t get killed off knowing valuable information and not tell people. it's not that others can't find out the information, but why make someone have to check twice to verify a location (like the phone house as an example).

4. Don’t discuss objectives being worked by counselors when Jason is nearby. Don’t announce you have the keys or phone fuse (it just makes Jason players hunt you more). Jason can see if you are carrying a big part so expect to get attacked anyways. With the item marking addition to the game, there is little reason to call out what items you have in your death throes.

5. Use the item marking mechanic. It you see a vehicle part or phone part. Pick it up. If there are more parts than you can carry, pick them all up, and carry what you can. At least the left behind parts will show up on the map.

6. If you are riding as a passenger in the car or boat, pull up your map. Help the driver if they need it. If you have the four-seat car going, you may be able to tell the driver which way they need to go to pick up other survivors and make a bigger escape.

7. Be courteous. There is no reason to slum to the level of toxic trolls. Keep your cool and move to a different lobby if need be. Remember that wrestling with pigs just gets both of you dirty and the pig likes it.;)

I’m keeping today’s article rather brief. I’ve got quite the head-cold going and it has been rather persistent over the last few days.  As always, best of luck and happy hunting. If you have something you’d like to share in regards to good communication; please share!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, D00las said:

The most important thing for counselor gameplay is to recognize when to give up on an objective and turn to survival mode instead. Only 5+ repair characters should do combat repairs and only with a defender or ranged stuns. Don't take unnecessary risks. Don't try to start a car in combat unless you have high luck and a long stun/defenders on Jason, either. Tunneling isn't a mistake only Jasons do, counselors do it all the time. People start to huddle the cars once the parts are there and they refuse to leave the vicinity of a stopped car even when they have no more weapons. 

Surviving the 20 minutes is a viable goal even for the low stamina characters and you should turn to it when the objectives eventually become deathtraps. Luck is the most important stat for survivability (reduced damage from broken windows, weapon durability) but you can compensate for low (/or greatly boost) luck with Medic perk. The perk lets you use sprays twice and those are usually easy to come by. Prepare houses from the beginning: barricade doors and open the windows you see yourself most likely to use. Trap the barricaded doors if you have the time and traps easily available. Don't bother locking doors without barricades: you'll want to use them again and again if Jason is foolish enough to simply open them. Always manage your stamina: that is, never sprint unless you are dodging a shift.

Climb the windows as often as possible. The animation lets you regain stamina, it's faster and you have more control over your character. The key to wasting Jason's time is to keep him inside the buildings as much as possible: he's at his slowest indoors. Abuse every door and unbroken window  (no, I don't mean window looping. Keep the locations of unbroken windows in mind and use those as often as you can to move from cabin-to-cabin or even room-to-room) in a cabin. Always drag your exit from a cabin to the latest possible moment (Jason enters the room) and make sure you make your exit from the farthest available point from the front doors. This way you can force Jason to take a long walk or waste a morph/shift cooldown. If you get a single VHS effect after exiting a cabin, it most likely means he hit stalk or uses shift indoors to lure you back in. Two VHS effects usually means he morphed outside and hit shift; it may very well be safe to get back in. Never jump through a broken window, as even with luck, you always take the full damage. That being said, use sprint if you have to get enough lead on Jason to first open the window and only then climp/jump in. Stay withing a cabin cluster/linked cabins and don't make long runs to the next neighborhood if you aren't playing a stamina character. Even a busted cabin offers safety from shift while you stop to regain stamina (stand up and keep the flashlight on for the maximized regain. Enter the cabins through windows far away from the broken doors). Try to waste Jason's shifts outside to ensure you can safely take a stamina breather inside a broken cabin and keep hitting the "look behind" key to keep Jason on your map and to see if you have to dodge a knife.

Melee weapons are stronger than the ranged due to you being able to use them several times. You'll want to use the baseball bat > wrench, kitchen weapons > axe, wooden weapons. Matchete is your worst choice along with the fire-poker. Don't look for a fight actively. You can try ambushing Jason from behind a corner, but I wouldn't recommend it without a knife. Remember that a Jason who uses rage charge through the doors gives you a free stun: he's locked to the animation but doesn't have stun immunity. If you find yourself using a ranged weapon, never stop to aim. Instead, run in a straight line and manually turn your camera around (PC players: don't use R, use your mouse). Center the camera on Jason and hit aim and shoot successively; Jason won't have time to maneuver out of your line and the aim/shot lands automatically to where you centered the camera.  

philosopher-400.jpg

SAGE ADVICE SHOUT-OUT

Very well articulated advice. Solid points.

• Like 1

It's been a bit since I added some content to this thread. There have been a lot of adjustments in the game so I have been waiting for things to level out before continuing. I'm going to add in some mechanics tests that were done with the 10/25/2017 patch by @bewareofbears, @TheHansonGoons, @GhostWolfViking, and myself. They will be a good point of reference for any future changes to compare against.

I also updated the grab area article to reflect the grab area for the 10/25/2017 patch.

• Like 4

Still one of the best threads in the forums, I think.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Still one of the best threads in the forums, I think.

Thanks Damon. 😁 I try to be useful.

12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Thanks Damon. 😁 I try to be useful.

you are 100000% useful!

Suggestion of doing some tips and tricks, going over individual counselors? (AJ FIRST!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

you are 100000% useful!

Suggestion of doing some tips and tricks, going over individual counselors? (AJ FIRST!)

Not a bad idea at all. It's something I was considering about a month or two ago but I got side-tracked. I did a comparison between LaChappa and Deborah but never got around to doing full-blown counselor write-ups. I'll put it at the top of the list. Thanks for the kind words BTW.:D

• Like 1

Asphyxiating the Driver

I'm not a particular fan of this kill, but I had to add it to my kill HUD when some lobby Chinese fire drilled me (kept chucking fire crackers at me) at the four seater.  They hit me so many times, that my ability and kill HUD glitched out completely for a few minutes.  I think I got stunned during the animation where I was pulling the driver out.

If you stop the four seater and drag out the driver, the passengers will naturally run over to try and free the driver from your grasp while you try to execute a kill.  Depending on your kill, you will need X amount of distance from the car and Y amount of distance from the passengers running over to actually perform the kill.  If the passengers are too close to you or you are too close to the car, you won't be able to perform the kill.  There is also the terrain as to where you stopped the car to consider.  Meanwhile the passengers are taking whacks at Jason or another one hops in the driver seat. 

One time on PACK, I stopped it next to a fence.  Got the driver out, but got sandwiched between the fence and passengers attacking me. I could not perform any kills.  It takes Jason about seven seconds (unglitched) to pull a driver out and perform a kill.  The front seat passenger depending on their speed takes 4-5 seconds to make it to the driver side to free them from Jason.

The choke seems to be the most reliable kill as Jason for killing the driver already has them by the throat and doesn't need to do anything fancy.  It also requires less proximity from the vehicle or a passenger.  There may be others, but the idea to remove the driver and kill them as quickly as possible.  Just make sure you have a kill available that you can execute quickly that isn't hindered so much by the car and the passengers.

Hey Campers! It has been awhile. I've prepped up a basic article for new A.J. players. Thanks to a suggestion by @Punisher_2099, I'm going to try get one done for each of the counselors. If you have advice to add based on your experience feel free. Let's just not get a large debate going though on a help/tips thread please. It makes it easier for people to scroll through and find useful information without seeing a heated exchange in progress regarding counselors. Thanks so much in advance. I'm sure when I get to someone's favorite counselor they may have some tactics to share so keep it civil and to the point.:D

A.J. Mason – Counselor Overview

1n6lsh224lmx.png

The resident ninja of the F13 game, A.J. appeals those players who like to go unnoticed and rocks a better than average repair and composure stat. She is a versatile fixer and has the added fringe benefit of being a female so she can rock the sweater.

Composure:           7

Luck:                       1

Repair:                     7

Speed:                     4

Stamina:                  4

Stealth:                   10

Strength:                 2

Pushing Advantages:

A.J. shares the best Stealth score in the game with Tommy Jarvis; the resident hero. This allows her to move about the map making a minimum of noise generation pings. With the appropriate perks, such as Lightfoot at Rare/Epic grade, she moves about almost silently. Even with Silent Swimmer she’ll still be detectable in water, but it’s a minor deficiency.

The lack of appreciable noise generation means an A.J. player has little chance of being detected by Jason unless she swims or sprints even without perks. Early in the match, while her Fear is low, and Jason’s Sense has not gotten appreciably stronger (greater range), is where A.J. really shines. She can creep around objectives (hiding to avoid Jason’s Sense when he is nearby) and make repairs largely un-noticed.

Her Repair skill is high and she will not have much difficulty getting a good repair QTE. Additionally, she has high Composure. This means she will not accumulate Fear levels as quickly as counselors with lower Composure. It will also help reduce the chance that she cries out when Jason is nearby and the chance that she will stumble. Lastly, being able to keep her Fear level lower for longer periods means that the effective range Jason can detect her with Sense will be reduced as long as she stays beyond the auto-detect range. Composure has a diminished usefulness later in the match as Jason’s Sense range increases and Rage alters the dynamic of the ability. The combo of high Stealth and Composure plays best as an early game advantage to push objectives hard.

Mitigating Weaknesses:

A.J. has the worst Luck you can get. This means hers weapons will break faster and she’ll have to worry about taking damage from crawling through broken windows more readily amongst other things. Since she is not geared towards being a fighter, the Luck stat is of little consequence because it really doesn’t do much to help her as a fixer.

Her Strength is meager, but once again not all that important if you are using her to do what she is best suited for. Strength relates primarily to damage dealt to Jason with melee and how long stuns last.

In regards to Speed and Stamina, A.J. is certainly not top tier. Her pair of 4’s is rather typical of a fixer character, but not crippling by any means. Speed is a mostly useless stat without Stamina to back it up and Stamina is almost like a life bar…if it runs out and you’re caught in the open; you’ll probably die.  A.J. has little of both so adopting a cabin-creeping strategy is very effective. You don’t want to try to make a break across large stretches of map unless you know for a fact Jason is occupied with other players. You just don’t have the Speed to cover the distance quickly or Stamina to huff it that far safely. Don’t be afraid to pop into a hiding spot for a quick Stamina top off to keep her ready to go on a moment’s notice.

Focus on short distances for maneuver and keep cabins/structures as a safety net nearby to hide and recuperate Stamina if need be.

Basic Strategy:

1. Push objectives early and hard with A.J. Like any good fixer, get stuff done when Jason is weak and her stats will be more meaningful.

2. Avoid combat with Jason. She is not optimal for engagement due to poor Luck and Strength.

3. Take advantage of others distracting Jason to do quick repairs and disappear.

4. Stick close to structures to mitigate poor Stamina and Speed. Don’t get caught out in the open.

5. While mildly useful Stealth is not significant. A.J. does, however, have great Composure. Run perks that bolster Fear resistance and Sense avoidance. They can help boost non-detection for A.J. and make her more viable later in the match. Thick Skin is always a good choice if you need to tank traps or evade through damaged windows. It is not as useful to bolster Stealth with perks such as Lightfoot because A.J. already has a superior Stealth score.

6. Partner up with characters who can fight effectively while working objectives if you know Jason is close.

Top 10 Suggested Perk Choices (no particular order of significance):

1. Thick Skin

2. Night Owl

3. Preparedness

4. Psychic

5. Medic

6. Homebody

7. My Dad’s a Cop

8. Low Profile

9. Lone Wolf

10. Restful

**This is by no means a definitive way to play A.J., but it can get you started on an effective set-up and allow you to figure out your own playstyle. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even though this would technically be classed as a duplicate topic, I can see that quite a fair amount of effort has gone in to the creation of this guide, as well as sustained effort in keeping it updated.

Rather than merging it with my existing guide and screwing up the formatting, I'll give this one it's own separate sticky. If this thread proves to be popular and useful, it will remained stickied. However, if it falls silent and there is little effort to update and change it, then I will have to unsticky it.

I will mention as well that no other 'how to play' type guides will be stickied. Two is more than sufficient. If anyone wants to write their own guides, then feel free, however they will not get stickied. Content can be merged to one of the two existing threads if people want to add to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You read my mind on this one, I have "My dads a cop", "Low profile", and "Medic" on A.J. Wonderful Topic you have here; looking forward to more! Thank you.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Hey Campers! It has been awhile. I've prepped up a basic article for new A.J. players. Thanks to a suggestion by @Punisher_2099

Thanks! Great guide. I normally run thick skinned as of late with her when i'm in quick play, because a lot of times I'm finding that Jason will bust all the windows near the fuse objective straight off the bat and break down the doors a head of time.. and also a lot of people seem to kite Jason directly to the cabin they see others in... and if its me, and he's busting those windows, I need a quick escape to the next place to hide for the moment. Medic is my secondary, because of all the windows... ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Even though this would technically be classed as a duplicate topic, I can see that quite a fair amount of effort has gone in to the creation of this guide, as well as sustained effort in keeping it updated.

Rather than merging it with my existing guide and screwing up the formatting, I'll give this one it's own separate sticky. If this thread proves to be popular and useful, it will remained stickied. However, if it falls silent and there is little effort to update and change it, then I will have to unsticky it.

I will mention as well that no other 'how to play' type guides will be stickied. Two is more than sufficient. If anyone wants to write their own guides, then feel free, however they will not get stickied. Content can be merged to one of the two existing threads if people want to add to it.

Thank you Kodiak. A pleasant surprise when I logged in today to be sure. I do indeed planning on keeping this going. :)

• Like 1

Brandon “Buggzy” Wilson – Counselor Overview

e6ed3199a2d55b0f5540b6deac469a97_origina

The jock brings to the game its resident ass-kicker. Buggzy is for the players who always want offense as a go-to option. He packs a punch and has the athleticism to back it up.

Composure:           4

Luck:                        2

Repair:                     1

Speed:                      8

Stamina:                  8

Stealth:                    2

Strength:                 10

Pushing Advantages:

The best thing that Buggzy has going for him is his Strength combined with a high level of maneuverability. He shines in dealing raw damage and makes an excellent choice for getting Jason’s mask off. His higher Strength also contributes to slightly longer stun durations for Jason.

His high Speed combined with Stamina also mean he can cross a good amount of distance quickly before running out of steam. While not as speedy as some characters in the game, his 8 allows for a very good top speed, but more importantly his 8 in Stamina allows him to go the distance. The great Stamina also allows him to take more melee swings and combat dodges without depleting his Stamina reserve.

Mitigating Weaknesses:

Buggzy is mostly useless for attempting Repairs and sports the worst Repair score you can have in the game. He doesn’t fix things himself, but he is damn good at protecting those who are doing the repairs.

Poor Luck actually works against Buggzy because Luck is tied to weapon durability; amongst other things. He can bash with the best of them, but needs to be cautious about his weapon breaking sooner than higher Luck characters. Try to use weapons that last longer with Buggzy (Wrench/Lead Pipe) if you need to stun. The bat also works, and has higher stun chance, but choosing the wrench and running a perk to boost stun chance is probably more bang for the buck.

Buggzy is not quiet. He will make a lot of noise pings for Jason to home in on. Fortunately, he can rely on his physicality to escape if need be. He also does not have great Composure. As a fighter who is expected to be able to have a go at Jason, you may want to keep these encounters brief. Buggzy’s Fear levels will rise quite quickly. Stick and move when it comes to a fight. Don't linger around Jason longer than is absolutely necessary - if he gives chase that is fine, but break line of sight and open up the distance. You don't want your Fear rising at a rate faster than you can manage it.

Basic Strategy:

1. Protect the fixers. You’re Tommy when he is not there.

2. Harass, delay, and kite Jason to allow others a chance to work objectives.

3. As a secondary job, use your great Speed and Stamina to ferry parts if need be.

4. When not exposed to Jason, mind your Fear level. Keep your flashlight on and take steps to keep Fear in check. High Fear slows Stamina regeneration and causes unwanted RNG stumbles/mumbles. These things hit Buggzy, and other runners/fighters, hard because they mess with what they do best.

5. Practice jukes and get inventive with evasion tactics. Buggzy is the kind of character that shines with confrontation and the chase. You WANT Jason to be after you - but keep opening up the distance. He’s the dog and you’re the fox.

6. Practice and master combat. Know how to dodge, block, and fight. You don’t need these things as much with fixers doing their role, but it is exactly what Buggzy was BUILT FOR.

1. Thick Skin

2. Man at Arms

3. Slugger

4. Medic

5. Swift Attacker

6. Heavy Hitter

7. Restful

8. Marathon

9. Sucker Punch

10. Evasion

**This is by no means a definitive way to play Buggzy, but it can get you started on an effective set-up and allow you to figure out your own playstyle. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck as always.

• Like 1

Jenny Myers – Counselor Overview

i1kQpmg.jpg

The stereotypical “girl next door”. The “final girl”. Let’s see how she measures up in terms of effective gameplay.

Composure:           10

Luck:                       8

Repair:                    2

Speed:                     3

Stamina:                 5

Stealth:                    6

Strength:                 1

Pushing Advantages:

Jenny has superior Composure. She is well-suited to the use of Sense avoidance perks and anything that mitigates Fear. Her Stealth is good and combined with her Composure, she can be difficult to locate on a map.

Jenny also has very good Luck which lends itself to allowing her to fight despite her 1 Strength. She is not the person you want to try to de-mask Jason with, but buffing her attack speed and stun chance will allow her to get in those cheeky hits to evade.

Additionally, Jenny has good Stamina. It is not anything to write home about, but she has enough to get around and not get caught out in the open if it is managed effectively. Because she can get those stuns in on Jason when cornered, the hit, bump Stamina, and evade tactic works quite well. Don’t forget to window hop as well. Her high Luck allows her to avoid damage taken by broken windows and traps far better than most counselors.

Mitigating Weaknesses:

Jenny has horrifically bad Repair and Strength. She is not suited for de-masking Jason or getting those quick fixes in. Additionally, her top Speed is pretty bad, on a fixer level, but with no actual fixing skill. This is her biggest weakness.

Fortunately she is not damned by bad Stamina along with bad Speed. The Speed penalty is annoying, but not crippling thanks to a good Stamina pool. I would suggest you still adopt a cabin-creeping strategy with her since she is good at going un-noticed if running Sense avoidance perks. The nice thing is that she can make a break across an open area and get to safety despite her limitations in Speed.

Basic Strategy:

1. You won’t be fixing much, so concern yourself with rounding up Repair parts. You can go un-noticed by Sense easier than most if you keep your distance from Jason (beyond his auto-detect radius) and buff up with Sense avoidance perks.

2. You can stand and fight Jason, if only to get an ambush stun and continue to kite. You’re not there for damage. You’re there because your weapon won’t break easily and you can stand to be around Big J longer before peaking out your Fear. Don’t be afraid to draw heat from other counselors, but mind how far you have to go to get to a cabin.

3. Manage your Stamina and keep your Fear down to be as effective as you can be.

4. Attempt to fix broken generators and don’t mind the screw ups. You may not make an effective Repair character but you can bait Jason into leaving other counselors alone. Attempt the fix, screw up, and then hit a hiding spot.

5. Communicate with your team and figure out where you need to be to put yourself between them and Jason. Be a tasty target when the others need you to be so they can get the job done. Some characters kite, some fight, some fix, and some have a less defined role. This is Jenny. She lacks the Speed/Stamina combo of kiters, she lacks the Repair to fix, but she can fight and hide better than most. Guerilla warfare at it's best.

6. Use hit and run tactics against Jason. Be ANNOYING. If the team is dwindling and defeat looks imminent, play defensive and use her ability to manage Fear to stay off Jason’s radar. You can survive the night better than most due to how she plays. Fight, evade, hide…rinse and repeat. This is why she is the “Final Girl”.

1. Adrenaline Rush

2. Low Profile

3. Night Owl

4. Medic

5. Lightfoot

6. Homebody

7. Restful

8. Marathon

9. Sucker Punch

10. Swift Attacker

**This is by no means a definitive way to play Jenny, but it can get you started on an effective set-up and allow you to figure out your own playstyle. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck as always.

• Like 4

Fox – Counselor Overview

gloriacharles_edited.jpg

The biker chick and tribute to the late actress who portrayed her in the movie.

Composure:           6

Luck:                      3

Repair:                   6

Speed:                     4

Stamina:                 5

Stealth:                   4

Strength:                7

Pushing Advantages:

Fox is a nicely well-rounded character, almost the female equivalent of Adam, in game. While she does not excel specifically in one or two stats like many other counselors, she does serve a role.

Fox has good Strength but poor Luck. This means, much like Brandon, she can fight against Jason for the purpose of de-masking but her weapon will more readily break. Her good Composure will also allow her to be near him longer before she ramps up to maximum Fear.

Her repair is solid, and allows for getting the job done when a Deborah, Mitch, or Eric isn’t around to help. Unlike A.J., her Stealth leaves her in a position to create more noise pings. It isn’t too big of an issue since her Composure helps her stay off of Jason’s Sense radar adequately.

Her average Stamina allows her to move around well, albeit not quickly, and not be caught out in the open trying to catch her breath at a critical time.

Mitigating Weaknesses:

Fox has poor Luck, Speed, and Stealth. Aside from the Luck, low Speed without having low Stamina is acceptable and low Stealth is not as serious as having low Composure.

Fox is best used as a support character to protect the others with quick attacks to perform grab saves and defend herself if Jason has her cornered. She can tolerate Jason’s presence more than those with low Composure; serving as a defender. Additionally, she can perform Repairs while pushing the objectives. She pairs well at objectives with others who have similar design (Kenny and Adam). These characters working together complement each other well. Their lower Stealth hinders the likes of Mitch, Eric, or Deborah sneaking around to make fast repairs, and their Speed leaves them eating the dust of much faster counselors like Buggzy, Chad, or Vanessa. Fox, Kenny, and Adam work well when not being a lone wolf, but working as a pack. Perhaps that’s why she is the biker chick?

Basic Strategy:

1. Team up. Fox is good, but paired with the right counselors you can get a highly effective force to step up against Jason.

2. Swarm objectives while Jason is occupied. Repair and defend in a group.

3. Hit and run against Jason or while saving another counselor. Your weapon won’t last long with low Luck.

4. Communicate effectively with the team.

5. Fox is the only real fighter that can grab the sweater. She is ideal to take part in Jason kills working in a coherent gang.

6. Stay on top of objectives and force Jason to make hard choices between multiple objectives.

1. Tinkerer

2. Low Profile

3. Nerves of Steel

4. Medic

5. Thick Skinned

6. Homebody

7. Restful

8. Marathon

9. Sucker Punch

10. Psychic

**This is by no means a definitive way to play Fox, but it can get you started on an effective set-up and allow you to figure out your own playstyle. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck as always.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2017 at 1:06 PM, Alkavian said:

Jenny also has very good Luck which lends itself to allowing her to fight despite her 1 Strength. She is not the person you want to try to de-mask Jason with, but buffing her attack speed and stun chance will allow her to get in those cheeky hits to evade.

I'd like to point to this undead thread where @ThePunkPirate and I tested some demasking data for a few characters (not all...yet?). On the surface, 1 strength may look hopeless when trying to demask. It might as well be if you are using light attacks in or out of combat stance (you should never swing outside of combat stance, mind you), since it takes 8 swings. However, if you utilize the heavy vertical attacks in combat stance, the amount of swings it would take to demask would be a whopping 4. With 10 Strength, you can demask with 3 light attacks or 2 heavy attacks. So, 1 point in Strength can still get the job done reliably.

EDIT!: Swings were done with the machete in mind! Apologies for not specifying.

Edited by BomberBuddy
Demasking with machete swings in particular.
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BomberBuddy said:

I'd like to point to this undead thread where @ThePunkPirate and I tested some demasking data for a few characters (not all...yet?). On the surface, 1 strength may look hopeless when trying to demask. It might as well be if you are using light attacks in or out of combat stance (you should never swing outside of combat stance, mind you), since it takes 8 swings. However, if you utilize the heavy vertical attacks in combat stance, the amount of swings it would take to demask would be a whopping 4. With 10 Strength, you can demask with 3 light attacks or 2 heavy attacks. So, 1 point in Strength can still get the job done reliably.

Where there is a will, there is a way.:)

I've definitely enjoyed the time you guys have put in to figuring out damage for combat. It is valuable information. Jenny, on a basic strategy level, may not be best suited for it, but it most definitely does not mean there are not ways around her limitations (or any other counselor for that matter).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BomberBuddy said:

Huh, I'll have to try this out with an axe when I get the chance. If Jenny can rip of the mask off with a few vertical hits in combat stance, she might actually be a good candidate for using the axe. Her luck would at least allow the axe to hold out long enough to give back to Tommy Jarvis when he arrives.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Where there is a will, there is a way.:)

I've definitely enjoyed the time you guys have put in to figuring out damage for combat. It is valuable information. Jenny, on a basic strategy level, may not be best suited for it, but it most definitely does not mean there are not ways around her limitations (or any other counselor for that matter).

Solid guide on Jenny, and in general a good job. Though I should mention you're wrong about her being able to tank traps better than most counselors. Either the last patch or the one before it made traps deal the same amount of damage to everyone, regardless of your luck skill. You would need thick skin to reduce damage, and even then you're just better off running Medic on Jenny so you have two other perks to work with (her high luck helps with windows so you wouldn't really need Thick Skinned for that purpose either).

9 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Huh, I'll have to try this out with an axe when I get the chance. If Jenny can rip of the mask off with a few vertical hits in combat stance, she might actually be a good candidate for using the axe. Her luck would at least allow the axe to hold out long enough to give back to Tommy Jarvis when he arrives.

Solid guide on Jenny, and in general a good job. Though I should mention you're wrong about her being able to tank traps better than most counselors. Either the last patch or the one before it made traps deal the same amount of damage to everyone, regardless of your luck skill. You would need thick skin to reduce damage, and even then you're just better off running Medic on Jenny so you have two other perks to work with (her high luck helps with windows so you wouldn't really need Thick Skinned for that purpose either).

Yes you are correct. Fixed it. Still thinking pre-patch sometimes and have to remind myself of all the little changes that have been made. :P Thanks for the catch!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

Yeah, we haven't collected any info on axe damage yet. I still believe that the tests are still ongoing. When it comes to damage (and with your case, Jenny with the axe) there are two things to keep in mind:

1. A stunning hit incorporates a fraction of damage compared to a swing that does not stun, at best. At worst, no damage. This result was found with the machete in the combat guide that I posted above. The amount of non-stunning swings to demask with the machete seemed constant, regardless of stuns.

2. An axe in Jenny's hands lasts 4 swings.

1 hour ago, BomberBuddy said:

Yeah, we haven't collected any info on axe damage yet. I still believe that the tests are still ongoing. When it comes to damage (and with your case, Jenny with the axe) there are two things to keep in mind:

1. A stunning hit incorporates a fraction of damage compared to a swing that does not stun, at best. At worst, no damage. This result was found with the machete in the combat guide that I posted above. The amount of non-stunning swings to demask with the machete seemed constant, regardless of stuns.

2. An axe in Jenny's hands lasts 4 swings.

AS it is now, ax and machete deal the same damage. The difference is simply durability and range.