YouSurvived

"Never Spawn as Jason" Option Needed

15 hours ago, Archgamer said:

So what's going to happen if everyone in the lobby has their preference set to "never spawn as jason"?

We don't have a game then.

I thought about this as well. But I honestly don't think the chances are very high of 90+% of people logged on at any given time being only one or the other. It seems as though the population that NEVER wants to be something is much smaller than the population that just has a preference. But then again maybe I'm wrong, and this is the reason the devs never implemented it to begin with.

As a kind of fail-safe, they could implement some line of code at the end that says if all players have this variable set to X, randomly choose one of them as Jason or display a message indicating as much. A formula that ensures that Type A and Type B people are always matched together would be resource intensive and clunky, and still wouldn't cover private matches.

14 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I thought about this as well. But I honestly don't think the chances are very high of 90+% of people logged on at any given time being only one or the other. It seems as though the population that NEVER wants to be something is much smaller than the population that just has a preference. But then again maybe I'm wrong, and this is the reason the devs never implemented it to begin with.

As a kind of fail-safe, they could implement some line of code at the end that says if all players have this variable set to X, randomly choose one of them as Jason or display a message indicating as much. A formula that ensures that Type A and Type B people are always matched together would be resource intensive and clunky, and still wouldn't cover private matches.

It seems like the devs implemented a system that would be a fail safe at the beginning of the game to avoid a situation where everyone wanted one or the other. Not knowing how things would sort out, they had to ensure matches would happen. They were also being conservative, as they did not know how many players they would have on their hands. 

We can see from their server situations at the beginning of the launch that they played things conservatively.

I think at this point in the life cycle they probably could open it up. Having a not Jason is probably more viable than a definitely Jason. Too many people would go all Jason all the time, and they would spend a fair chunk of time waiting around.

I could see a prefer Jason, prefer counselor and a no Jason working.

Populate a lobby with a couple of prefer Jasons and then fill the rest of the positions.

No Jasons would have to understand they are the last to be placed, and that might lead to a few slower match making sessions, whereas I think a always Jason would lead to a lot of empty lobbies.

I have my preference set to Jason and played about 15 or so matches yesterday and I was only Jason once and when I was the host quit or went AFK so I didn't even get to play as Jason. 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, YouSurvived said:

I don't like playing as Jason. I'm not very good at it and I don't enjoy it. So my preferences are set to spawn as a counselor. 

But I've spawned as Jason three times recently, which doesn't make sense. Surely in those games, someone else had their preferences set to spawn as Jason, so they should have been chosen over me.

There should be an option to Never Spawn As Jason. 

Very very rare to see players of your type

On 7.9.2017 at 2:40 PM, PsychBam said:

I have my preference set to Jason and played about 15 or so matches yesterday and I was only Jason once and when I was the host quit or went AFK so I didn't even get to play as Jason. 

Yeah same here I have my spawn preference set to Jason, and sometimes eventhough I'm the host now, most of the time I play as counselors, and not him.

So what should I do set my preference set to counselors?, to be more Jason?, or none so it's random choice?, and it seems that the only if you need to play 500 to 1000 matches for the trophies/achievements then you need to do (boost) it on private matches.

It's so messed up, I have my preference set to counselor and sometimes -days- go by before I actually get selected to play Jason... 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, YouSurvived said:

I don't like playing as Jason. I'm not very good at it and I don't enjoy it. So my preferences are set to spawn as a counselor. 

But I've spawned as Jason three times recently, which doesn't make sense. Surely in those games, someone else had their preferences set to spawn as Jason, so they should have been chosen over me.

There should be an option to Never Spawn As Jason. 

You need to play more matches as Jason and quit being afraid of failure, play offline to learn and get used to the mechanics of Jason. Your idea would break the game in the same way as a Jason only queue would, it would make games take forever to start.

No such option is needed, the current ones are more than fine. If you change your preference to counselor you wont be jason UNTIL you end up in a lobby where everyone has counselor preferred then it randomly chooses a jason, which is the way it should be or do you want to wait 3 times as longer to find someone who likes playing jason to join the lobby?

Yall want lobby waiting time decreased, if they add an always counselor option that time will literally increase and you might not be able to even do a single match.If you dont like playing jason, then dont, you can leave the lobby or just afk the match or try to make the best of it, no one is forcing you to. Just stop being a baby about it and use one of the available options.