RKSDooM

RKSDooM and the Central Dread

Hey all! I haven't been able to play FRIDAY for awhile as I've been in the hospital for the last two weeks, having been essentially gutted and then stapled back together (FUN!), but I do have some exciting news I'd like to share with my friends here in this community:

As soon as I recover from the removal of my appendix and about a foot of my intestines I'm going to start regularly contributing to Dread Central, my favorite horror site on the web!

It's been a real rough month or so (I was in a LOT of pain for about three weeks before I bit the bullet and went to the hospital), but this slice of positive news has really helped brighten my outlook. Anyway, I've "met" a lot of awesome folks because of this forum and this game, and I just wanted to share my good fortune with you guys :).

And remember guys, girls and ghouls - even when things seem their worst, sometimes - just sometimes - a sliver of light can shine through.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

Hey all! I haven't been able to play FRIDAY for awhile as I've been in the hospital for the last two weeks, having been essentially gutted and then stapled back together (FUN!), but I do have some exciting news I'd like to share with my friends here in this community:

As soon as I recover from the removal of my appendix and about a foot of my intestines I'm going to start regularly contributing to Dread Central, my favorite horror site on the web!

It's been a real rough month or so (I was in a LOT of pain for about three weeks before I bit the bullet and went to the hospital), but this slice of positive news has really helped brighten my outlook. Anyway, I've "met" a lot of awesome folks because of this forum and this game, and I just wanted to share my good fortune with you guys :).

And remember guys, girls and ghouls - even when things seem their worst, sometimes - just sometimes - a sliver of light can shine through.

Hope you get better :)  Btw the end was beautiful 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Do you get to choose your own articles to write?

I do! Uncle Creepy basically said: "You are the audience, so write what you would want to read."

Oh, man, I had no idea! I mean, you don't have to tell me or anything, but I'm sorry you've had all that to go through. I hope your recovery goes very smoothly.

I was worried you'd gotten bored and moved on from this place and the game, but this is obviously a more serious situation. Get well soon, mate.

• Like 1

Great news on the writing front, @RKSDooM! I'm sure you're proud, and we're proud of you.

Completely stunned about the medical issue: I'm glad to hear that recovery seems to be going smoothly.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! 

I'm one of those morons that will literally do anything to avoid a hospital, so I was in pretty intense pain for about three weeks every time I ate anything solid. After the first week I decided "Hey, I'll just switch to a liquid diet for awhile and it'll be fine." So for a week I did that and everything was tolerable. But the second I switched back to solids? AGONY. So, finally I broke down and went in to the hospital, sure that they would just give me some antibiotics and I would be fine.

But nope. I had Diverticulitis and a 6 centimeter abscess in my colon which inflamed my appendix. FUN! So for the first time in my life I had major surgery, and it all happened so fast I really didn't have time to react or feel much of anything except a smidgen of existential terror.

Surgery went super good, and I don't know if I just had the world's best anesthesiologist or what, but it was pretty painless. I went under and came out with a massive, stapled together Frankenstein scar down my belly. They removed about a foot of intestine and my appendix and that was that. For two weeks I was in the hospital, being tortured only by the horrors of basic cable (if I see one more episode of SCRUBS I'm going to flip the fuck out, although THE WALKING DEAD marathon during the weekend was nice).

Finally got home a couple of days ago. Have to eat careful, and I went from a chubby guy to a guy about 40 lbs underweight in a stupid amount of time, so my energy level is just, like, NADA, but the Dread Central stuff and just being happy that my dumbass waiting for three weeks to go to the hospital didn't kill me has made me have a pretty positive outlook.

Now I just have to go get my staples yanked out in a week and go from there :).

• Like 3

Basic cable only? Those in charge at the hospital are the real monsters...

• Like 1