Max Walker

10 Things I'd like to see with the next patch...

Let me know what you guys think of these ideas...

1.  Rage quitting will be punished in some way, shape, or form.  Quitting if Jason shift grabs you, quitting if you aren't Jason, etc. Quitting = time wait penalty
2.  Jason no longer gets hit to the edge(possibly dies) of the map when he grabs someone outta the car by counselor weapons.
3.  Idle Tommy Jarvis, Tommy stands there lifeless because someone who quit was randomly selected to be him.
4.  Free swinging destroys windows again for Jason(in or out of combat stance). Jason being unable to free swing windows is lame as hell. Animation can be kept, have both options.
5.  Teamers and obvious trolling is a bannable offense. No exceptions, if clear evidence is presented to developers, these types of players should be banned or suspended per offense.
6.  Counselors can't body block any more, if a counselor is standing still, the moving counselor can move passed the counselor standing(body blocking).
7.  Jason can pick up his unused traps and use them somewhere else. However traps that have been sprung already cannot be used again.
8.  No more "return to quickmatch"  Sometimes you are in a great lobby and everyone gets dispersed because of this. This is a bummer if you solo play alot and find a great lobby.
9.  Jason grab kill animations are relatively the same length of time, we are all tired of "decapitation and asphyxiation" These are great kills but used way too much because how fast they are  taking away the thrill of the other kills. Maybe a cap/cooldown on spamming the same grab kills?
10. Jason needs to be able to destroy tables and other landscape objects, running around a long table for 3 min chasing a Vanessa or Chad is just dumb. Couselors should be able to chop through locked doors(bathroom doors, lodge doors, lesser doors) as well, trolls will hide items in locked rooms and thus ruining the game.  A locked door should take 5-8 hits to destroy, problems solved.

This will make most of us happy I feel!  Please consider these requests...lets all make this game the best it can be! jASszj5.gif

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Max Walker said:

1.  Rage quitting will be punished in some way, shape, or form.  You can't rage quit if Jason shift grabs you, you can't quit if you aren't Jason.

I've never seen a game actually able to do this in a way that doesn't increase frustration.  What's really needed is dedicated servers so the game isn't depedant on a host.

As for the others I wouldn't mind a ten second prompt that asks "Play Tommy?" and if you don't answer (or pick no) the option goes to someone else. Banning trolls is also really difficult sadly as you can't simply use a vote or simple report system as the trollers will be the first to abuse it to attack innocent players by teaming up and filing reports against someone who did nothing wrong but just happened to join a lobby with a team of trollers looking to harass someone.  Thus it will require video evidence, which then requires someone be hired to just review and judge likely hundreds of videos sent in per week.  I'd also like to see a work around for body blocking as I've run into that more lately since players can no longer team kill you.  Sigh.

1 minute ago, Strangefate said:

I've never seen a game actually able to do this in a way that doesn't increase frustration.  What's really needed is dedicated servers so the game isn't depedant on a host.

As for the others I wouldn't mind a ten second prompt that asks "Play Tommy?" and if you don't answer (or pick no) the option goes to someone else. Banning trolls is also really difficult sadly as you can't simply use a vote or simple report system as the trollers will be the first to abuse it to attack innocent players by teaming up and filing reports against someone who did nothing wrong but just happened to join a lobby with a team of trollers looking to harass someone.  Thus it will require video evidence, which then requires someone be hired to just review and judge likely hundreds of videos sent in per week.  I'd also like to see a work around for body blocking as I've run into that more lately since players can no longer team kill you.  Sigh.

Very true, league of legends has a pretty good system with their "LEAVER BUSTER". The more you leave the more penalty time you have to wait...first offense 5 min, second offense 15 min, third offense 1hours, etc...maybe something like that?

• Like 1

I just played the most boring match of my life as Savini Jason without the hotfix.

I got 2/8 kills. 2 cars escaped on a small map. Jason does not get his skills fast enough.

I could not break doors with combat stance or the RT animation. His morph cooldown is terrible.

Players spawn in with keys, gas, and battery right next to both cars.

Every player had 2 pocket knives and a hidden firecracker up their ass.

I quit the match after 20 times trying to break 1 door.

Savini Jason just got moved to the bottom of my list. Right below Part 7.

The new broken door animations and long window animations destroy the desire to play as Jason anymore. Counselors are invincible in windows. Not fair.

Everyone just picks a running Jason now. Part 3 or Part 2 for the traps and fast morph. Every other Jason feels too slow on small maps.

Something is wrong when I hate EVERY time I play Jason now. I will keep my mic muted from now on too. Before I get another chat ban by bullshit Microsoft for playing an M rated game about MURDER. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strangefate said:

Temp ban. Works very well on other games, I've seen RQ dropping in SFV after they implemented a 2 hours ban for repeated rage quits.

• Like 1

I've been saying that they should implement a leaver penalty that is time based for ages now, but my previous posts around the subject were usually met with overwhelming negativity, mostly by players that enjoy quitting because they hate spectating

My suggestion initially was a 30 second timer after you click "leave game" or "Quit" which would stop people leaving mid kill animation, and also stop having an inactive Tommy Jarvis, because 30 seconds is long enough for Jason to kill you, get his kill, or for someone to die, and respawn as Tommy if he's already been called.

Force closing the game would also count as an abandon, and would warn the player after the 1st force close, and after the 3rd time it would start a stacking lobby search penalty, which like you have mentioned above, would start at 5 minutes, then 15, then 1 hour, which will discourage players force closing the game, but by also implementing a 30 second exit timer after clicking quit, or leave game, it would allow people who don't want to spectate the option to leave once they die, without taking away a Jason kill, or preventing an active Tommy spawn

I like 1, 2, 3, and 4. For 1, at least count the xp and such for disconnecting players (there should be a timer, long enough so that they count as kills when they DC just before the kill). And I'll include a big YES for 4. I want windows to break if Jason sneezes on them, never mind hits them with his weapon, damn it.

5 is currently the case, as far as I know.

6, 7, 8, and 9 all sound good.

And, for 10, I think you can reach/grab across some of those objects. I don't mind waiting out their stamina... although, I tend to play Part 3, so I can run faster than other Jasons.

Can we add in: Less stuns on Jason?

I've been biting my tongue, waiting to see if I was wrong, since the beginning, but... I believe Jason just gets stunned way too often. I'm not saying this out of personal complaints and failure to play as Jason. I'm basing this on observing some of the best players I know (both personally and from really good players that stream), as well as my own experiences playing (both as counselor and as Jason).

"Enough is too much!!"

It's too easy to lay a stun on Jason with melee weapons. Combined with how many firecrackers, flare guns, shotguns, and pocketknives, I feel rather comfortable stating that a proper balance pass requires a little more power on Jason's side and/or a little less on the counselors' side.

I wonder if the Fear mechanic needs to come into play more. If the players aren't going to be afraid of Jason, at least the characters could get more screwed up by the affects of fear (far less accuracy and stun, perhaps?).

Anyway, I'm not saying this as a doom and gloom, "Game over, man!!" or hissy fit. I'm just saying, I feel like I have tried it out this way long enough to say that, for my own tastes (to enjoy both sides of the game), I believe Jason should be tougher against the counselors. Reducing the amount of stuns seems like the main source of a fix to me.

I have a small issue with 9.

That forces people to spend CP on Jason Kills.

If I remember correctly you start with 1 kill and 1 weapon kill. That might be all anyone wants. Your system would force me to buy more kills.

6 hours ago, Max Walker said:

1.  Rage quitting will be punished in some way, shape, or form.  Quitting if Jason shift grabs you, quitting if you aren't Jason, etc. Quitting = time wait penalty
2.  Jason no longer gets hit to the edge(possibly dies) of the map when he grabs someone outta the car by counselor weapons.
3.  Idle Tommy Jarvis, Tommy stands there lifeless because someone who quit was randomly selected to be him.
4.  Free swinging destroys windows again for Jason(in or out of combat stance). Jason being unable to free swing windows is lame as hell. Animation can be kept, have both options.
5.  Teamers and obvious trolling is a bannable offense. No exceptions, if clear evidence is presented to developers, these types of players should be banned or suspended per offense.
6.  Counselors can't body block any more, if a counselor is standing still, the moving counselor can move passed the counselor standing(body blocking).
7.  Jason can pick up his unused traps and use them somewhere else. However traps that have been sprung already cannot be used again.
8.  No more "return to quickmatch"  Sometimes you are in a great lobby and everyone gets dispersed because of this. This is a bummer if you solo play alot and find a great lobby.
9.  Jason grab kill animations are relatively the same length of time, we are all tired of "decapitation and asphyxiation" These are great kills but used way too much because how fast they are  taking away the thrill of the other kills. Maybe a cap/cooldown on spamming the same grab kills?
10. Jason needs to be able to destroy tables and other landscape objects, running around a long table for 3 min chasing a Vanessa or Chad is just dumb. Couselors should be able to chop through locked doors(bathroom doors, lodge doors, lesser doors) as well, trolls will hide items in locked rooms and thus ruining the game.  A locked door should take 5-8 hits to destroy, problems solved.

This will make most of us happy I feel!  Please consider these requests...lets all make this game the best it can be! jASszj5.gif

All of that sounds good. But before they go and break more stuff to implement those changes you suggested, I would like them to revert the patch to when team killing was in, then *only remove* team killing. This way, they wouldn't have to fine tune anything because it was working fine at that point. Breaking windows, doors, and combat stance all worked fine. And most of all connectivity was fine as well. 

•  

7 hours ago, Strangefate said:

Why can't we just be able to migrate hosts? I feel like there will be too many problems with dedicated servers. Just do what COD does in a sense and make it better 

As much as I hate rage quitters I would like if it doesn't have a penalty most of the time you have no choice but to leave.

If someone is friends with Jason then I'm not sitting there letting him get free xp,I'm leaving 

Or if I get glitched or something and I die or get caught because of that I would leave as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

As much as I hate rage quitters I would like if it doesn't have a penalty most of the time you have no choice but to leave.

If someone is friends with Jason then I'm not sitting there letting him get free xp,I'm leaving 

Or if I get glitched or something and I die or get caught because of that I would leave as well.

I think people who rage quit when they die should have to spawn in the water and if they abuse it than they can't pick anything up and have 1 speed and 1 stamina lol

6 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I have a small issue with 9.

That forces people to spend CP on Jason Kills.

If I remember correctly you start with 1 kill and 1 weapon kill. That might be all anyone wants. Your system would force me to buy more kills.

It's not like we really have much to spend CP on anyways other than the perk lottery. :P

21 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It's not like we really have much to spend CP on anyways other than the perk lottery. :P

I am level 23. I have few good perks. I need to conserve my CP.

I bought 2 Jason kills for a Jason I don't use at the beginning cause I are dumb.

Just now, Definitelynotjason said:

I am level 23. I have few good perks. I need to conserve my CP.

I bought 2 Jason kills for a Jason I don't use at the beginning cause I are dumb.

tenor.gif   :)

JiGMyJ.gif  You need to get more game time in bro. After level 32 CP is like monopoly money. LOL;)

I like the list and agree with most of it.

Fear should play a much bigger factor, which means more should be added to its gameplay. Instead of tripping, losing your hud and losing stamina. Players should also trip AND fall. This would work wonders against troll Vanessas and high speed counselors since they can't just hold down the sprint key without worrying about falling on the ground anymore. This would also curve trying to chain stun Jason when your stuck in a falling animation in which Jason can kill you and have no way out of it.

I definitely agree with the kill selection too. I wouldn't want it to be too drastic to the point where Jason had to use strictly environmental kills after he uses up his 4 kills, because then counselors would avoid those kill areas at all costs. I would just make it so you can't perform the same kill twice in a row. Problem solved.

Also some ideas.

1. Jason can place his traps indoors...sorry, the counselors can place their traps indoors and outdoors...what gives? If you are stupid enough to stumble onto a trap WITH LEAVES indoors, then you deserve to be trapped. Obviously Jasons would start trapping the phone as well as the phone box, and the Jarvis radio, but too bad. He can also trap the inside of his shack.

2. Reduction of health perks or health sprays on all map variants. I think the med spray perk that allows you to use it twice is way too much in the hands of any counselor, ESPECIALLY the fast ones. Nothing is more frustrating than being a marksman with Jason's knives, only for the counselors in front of you to heal 4 TIMES IN A ROW after every throw. Its very silly. Then they stumble into another cabin with someone's med spray who died or find one in the bathroom and BAM...4 MORE FUCKING HEALS....its just too much. I would be ok with the perk being a one time use. Like you could choose which med spray you want to use twice, but you can only use this perk the one time. As it stands now, playing against a bunch of multiple med spray, thick skinned counselors is a silly frustrating experience, whether you kill 8/8 or 1/7. Its lazy perk laced balance.

3. Maybe introduce the trap from Part 2 for Jason. Part 2 Jason would get two of these traps, while all other Parts get only 1. In the past, the main argument against this trap was the idea that the counselor couldn't be freed. Well this version of it, you could free yourself, however it would be a skill check event. Counselors with better strength and composure would have slower skill checks and less skill checks, therefore they could escape easily. Counselors with less composure and less strength would have faster skill checks and more skill checks and if they fail, its still possible to escape the trap, but it only gets harder. Also, if you have another counselor with you, they could free you with a melee weapon hitting the rope down, bypassing the skill check event. HOWEVER, if Jason gets you inside the trap, he can melee you to death or kill you with a throwing knife by slitting your throat, similar to Part 2.

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I like the list and agree with most of it.

Fear should play a much bigger factor, which means more should be added to its gameplay. Instead of tripping, losing your hud and losing stamina. Players should also trip AND fall. This would work wonders against troll Vanessas and high speed counselors since they can't just hold down the sprint key without worrying about falling on the ground anymore. This would also curve trying to chain stun Jason when your stuck in a falling animation in which Jason can kill you and have no way out of it.

I definitely agree with the kill selection too. I wouldn't want it to be too drastic to the point where Jason had to use strictly environmental kills after he uses up his 4 kills, because then counselors would avoid those kill areas at all costs. I would just make it so you can't perform the same kill twice in a row. Problem solved.

Also some ideas.

1. Jason can place his traps indoors...sorry, the counselors can place their traps indoors and outdoors...what gives? If you are stupid enough to stumble onto a trap WITH LEAVES indoors, then you deserve to be trapped. Obviously Jasons would start trapping the phone as well as the phone box, and the Jarvis radio, but too bad. He can also trap the inside of his shack.

2. Reduction of health perks or health sprays on all map variants. I think the med spray perk that allows you to use it twice is way too much in the hands of any counselor, ESPECIALLY the fast ones. Nothing is more frustrating than being a marksman with Jason's knives, only for the counselors in front of you to heal 4 TIMES IN A ROW after every throw. Its very silly. Then they stumble into another cabin with someone's med spray who died or find one in the bathroom and BAM...4 MORE FUCKING HEALS....its just too much. I would be ok with the perk being a one time use. Like you could choose which med spray you want to use twice, but you can only use this perk the one time. As it stands now, playing against a bunch of multiple med spray, thick skinned counselors is a silly frustrating experience, whether you kill 8/8 or 1/7. Its lazy perk laced balance.

3. Maybe introduce the trap from Part 2 for Jason. Part 2 Jason would get two of these traps, while all other Parts get only 1. In the past, the main argument against this trap was the idea that the counselor couldn't be freed. Well this version of it, you could free yourself, however it would be a skill check event. Counselors with better strength and composure would have slower skill checks and less skill checks, therefore they could escape easily. Counselors with less composure and less strength would have faster skill checks and more skill checks and if they fail, its still possible to escape the trap, but it only gets harder. Also, if you have another counselor with you, they could free you with a melee weapon hitting the rope down, bypassing the skill check event. HOWEVER, if Jason gets you inside the trap, he can melee you to death or kill you with a throwing knife by slitting your throat, similar to Part 2.

I don't necessarily agree with the traps thing, but I do agree that health spray spawns should probably be reduced by about 20%. Given the proliferation of perks regarding healing, it would probably be prudent. I also think pocket knives should be reduced on the Small maps. They seem to have left a crate of Swiss Army surplus laying around and pocket knives are common as hell.

14 hours ago, Max Walker said:

This will make most of us happy I feel!  Please consider these requests...lets all make this game the best it can be! 

1. Hard to do, but not impossible. Our team has been actively looking into systems that will help, but dedicated servers in this regard take top priority. 

2. Yeah, this fix has been a tough nut to crack, but it is on the list. 

3. This has been made aware with the team and we're working to ensure a 'ghost' Tommy isn't going to happen anymore. 

4. The new update to PC/PS4 had a change we believe is amiable. 

5. We ban teamers, but trolling is not bannable. More is being looked into on report for in-game and behavior-based play being looked at. 

6. Very much being addressed. 

7. Probably not going to happen for balancing purposes. 

8. With dedicated servers, comes more to do with optimization. On the list!

9. Interesting, but we're talking about things potentially on changes. Nothing concrete. 

10. There's a lot to consider on just how much more destructibility can occur. Remember; more assets=more performance and more performance segments PC players out and makes things tougher on consoles. Still though, we are looking at what can be done and where. 

• Like 1

I can't see a world where undead Jason's grab range were nerfed and they wouldn't become a total joke to play as and not be fun whatsoever. They have a hard enough time as it is if the counselors have med perks, thick skin, etc even if they are expert knife throwers. The only way I'd even slightly be ok with it is if their melee weapon range was buffed considerably. As in they would have a pretty big window to hit counselors after shift in 360 degrees around.

That ,or grab kills were changed into a skill check event, with the balance being other counselors can't free each other from Jasons grasp. He simply is no longer effected by outside hits and its up to the grabbed counselor to managed their own escape from the grab and if they fail the skill check, Jason can execute them. The only thing that bypasses that is a pocket knife.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

1. Hard to do, but not impossible. Our team has been actively looking into systems that will help, but dedicated servers in this regard take top priority. 

2. Yeah, this fix has been a tough nut to crack, but it is on the list. 

3. This has been made aware with the team and we're working to ensure a 'ghost' Tommy isn't going to happen anymore. 

4. The new update to PC/PS4 had a change we believe is amiable. 

5. We ban teamers, but trolling is not bannable. More is being looked into on report for in-game and behavior-based play being looked at. 

6. Very much being addressed. 

7. Probably not going to happen for balancing purposes. 

8. With dedicated servers, comes more to do with optimization. On the list!

9. Interesting, but we're talking about things potentially on changes. Nothing concrete. 

10. There's a lot to consider on just how much more destructibility can occur. Remember; more assets=more performance and more performance segments PC players out and makes things tougher on consoles. Still though, we are looking at what can be done and where. 

Thanks for dropping by Ben.

For #10, could we maybe get a "shove" option on furnishings? Put a prompt that allows certain tables or couchs to be pushed to a new position by Jason (that counselors cannot move), and block them from playing ring-around-the-rosy all day?

13 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Thanks for dropping by Ben.

For #10, could we maybe get a "shove" option on furnishings? Put a prompt that allows certain tables or couchs to be pushed to a new position by Jason (that counselors cannot move), and block them from playing ring-around-the-rosy all day?

Load in, get knives, trap  phone, smash windows, break doors, rearrange the furniture....

Good evening, Voorhees moving service calling!

Seriously needed though, joking aside. I would have to see what it looked like, but just a smash smash delete object wouldn't necessarily be more assets. It might be too jarring to have the object immediately disappear though.

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Load in, get knives, trap  phone, smash windows, break doors, rearrange the furniture....

Good evening, Voorhees moving service calling!

Seriously needed though, joking aside. I would have to see what it looked like, but just a smash smash delete object wouldn't necessarily be more assets. It might be too jarring to have the object immediately disappear though.

LMAO. Well played sir.