♣Blond♣

Friday the 13th switch ?

Do you think it would be cool to had friday the 13 th on nintendo swicth and play in bed and everywhere ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be cool to had friday the 13 th on nintendo swicth and play in bed and everywhere ?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Mehtevas69 said:

I wish I knew how to only quote what I wanted

Highlight it and a little "quote this" bubble pops up. Pain in the ass if you're doing it on your phone though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mehtevas69 said:

The only advantage was that it could utilize the ram expansion kit to up the in game resolution. 

That and the options for changing the controls. I couldn't stand the 2 joystick controls of the PlayStation, one for moving, the other for turning. It felt real clunky and unintuitive. You could use the single joystick on the N64 controller to do all your motion and it was great. If it weren't for that, I might never had played a Resident Evil game. 

Technically they had a long and extensive history of censoring games on the NES well before the whole Mortal Kombat fiasco. That was just the one that stuck out the most because well...its Mortal Kombat. It would be like if they decided to release F13 Switch Edition and instead of a pig splitter Part IV Jason had a whiffle bat and tickled people to death.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, ♣Blond♣ said:

Heyy , so i was thinking i have a pc and a ps4 and soon the nintendo switch , and i have friday the 13 th on pc soon ps4 

but wouldn't it be amazing to have it on nintendo switch like playing it everywhere , kitchen , salon , in bed , toilet , in the bathroom , everywhere :P 

but i don't think that could happen anyway because the console ain't that powerfull and Gun don't think about it but it would be cool ^_^

What about you guys ? 

I draw the line at the toilet. That's just me though. Everywhere else is fine.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:56 PM, BoxingRouge said:

It would be a good idea but I don't think it would never happen, it wouldn't make much difference of the player base simply because Nintendo isn't really as popular as it was back in the day.

I thought NIntendo was plenty popular. It got me and a lot of others through the 80s. I've bought from them during the good times and the bad. I am still fond of their products, alongside Sony and Microsoft.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:33 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Here is what it would look like on Nintendo Switch. I approve. :lol:

custom_painted_friday_the_13th_nintendo_

I would love to have my NES painted like this...

On 9/4/2017 at 7:53 PM, BoxingRouge said:

Speaking of Nintendo I still have my 64 in the basement.?

You and me both. I hook up my classic systems from time to time, and amazingly enough, they still work. My NES is 20+ years old and still runs really well.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:27 PM, 2fast4u said:

nintendo is for children

This includes adults who are children at heart. (Myself included) :)

On 9/4/2017 at 10:23 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

First off, Nintendo is not a fan of violence so it would be hard put a game with sexual themes, gore, nudity (this would be in sex scenes in singleplayer) and strong language. Second thing is that put a mic on Nintendo Switch is very hard so it would be very hard the say hi at least on a mic. Third is that a lot, a LOT of people who play in Switch are kids so the game would be full of squeakers. Four is that switch isn't that powerful to run the game. And last thing is that Switch is a console who have the purpose of even work in a plane so, now, with only the multiplayer, the game only could work in your house.

Nintendo had a few games back in the NES era that would have been considered risque back then, versus mild in today's time. One good example was Golgo 13: The Mafat Conspiracy. Another was Abadox. My best friend growing up was forbidden to own or play either of these games.

16 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

@[IllFonic]Courier

I know plenty of adults that play the Switch, some have kids some don't. So there should be enough of a market to sell it to even if it is a kid's console. Those kids gotta go to bed, and those parents can then grab their Switch and play some Jason.

My wife plays the hell out of the switch on the weekends.

14 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

I don't think it would be smart for this game to go on any kind of Nintendo product, I don't know if people remember The censorship when Manhunt 2 came out, Nintendo completely blurred The Kills out to the point that you couldn't even see them and yes they were blurred a little bit on the PlayStation 2 but you could still see The Kills, I just don't think Nintendo would be a good fit for a Friday the 13th game, that wasn't even the first time they did  something like that Either Back in the day they completely made the game developers Midway remake Mortal Kombat without any blood just to be on their system

Nintendo was known for the watered down versions of some of the most popular games.

13 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I haven't taken Nintendo seriously after they released their awesome Nintendo Wii. Sorry I know they are trying to be different, but come on, graphical wise, they went backwards it felt like to me. No offense to those Wii fans out there.

No offense taken. It wasn't a product for everybody. Those of us who bought it though, good times...

13 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

People are skeptical of Nintendo products and should be. Virtual Boy, the controllers for Gamecube, N64, the FINAL fantasy Chronicles game boy controller crap, Wii library, etc. They have unique ideas, but in practical use aren't feasible. Nintendo has lacked a lot of third party support for a while and that has been a big issue. Switch is finally getting some good games, but is it enough to keep them strong?

Virtual Boy wasn't Nintendo's best effort. I think waiting a few years for this technology would have led to better sales results.

13 hours ago, Truth said:

I'd be down for single player on it. I would finally have a reason to pick it up after getting bored of zelda. I haven't touched that thing in months...

Bored with Zelda? That's crazy talk... B)

13 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Also Wolfenstein 2 is coming to the Switch. It looks like they're trying to make a change. They should put F13 on the Switch to help push it over. Jason could help save Nintendo.

I'm looking forward to this game. However, if F13 the Game came out for the Switch, I'd pass on it. I'm not big on buying a game across multiple platforms.

12 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Also; how on earth is the Switch not selling well? By all accounts its doing quite well from what I read out there...

I thought the Switch was doing pretty well. A lot of my friends have bought one for their household, as have I.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Bored with Zelda? That's crazy talk... B)

Well to be fair I guess it was more so that I got f13... I DID get bored of Mario kart pretty quick though.

9 hours ago, Truth said:

Well to be fair I guess it was more so that I got f13... I DID get bored of Mario kart pretty quick though.

Mario Kart can get repetitive after a while. Of course, that's true of a lot of games...

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Mario Kart can get repetitive after a while. Of course, that's true of a lot of games...

Now there’s an idea....”Friday the 13th: Cart!”

lol

20 hours ago, JBSLICK33 said:

Now there’s an idea....”Friday the 13th: Cart!”

lol

Make it and I'll try it out :P

On 9/4/2017 at 2:45 PM, ♣Blond♣ said:

...playing it everywhere , kitchen , salon , in bed , toilet , in the bathroom , everywhere :P

This already exists. It’s called “Remote Play”, and is available on PC and PlayStation, I don’t know about XBOX.

3 hours ago, Kaelum said:

This already exists. It’s called “Remote Play”, and is available on PC and PlayStation, I don’t know about XBOX.

I can remote play to my Switch? Even if my PC is 1500 miles away?

Way back when, NVIDIA released two mobile gaming devices. I have both of them. I game in bed and away from the house all the time. My only limitation is internet connectivity. Both the SHIELD Portable and the SHIELD Tablet work well with the game. It's a shame they have both been discontinued. GPD is making portable gaming devices that can use the Moonlight app to stream games from your PC.

WashingtonJones:

Yeah, bro. NVIDIA GameStream works on your home network and will also work when you're away from home (as long as you leave your PC on). I've remote streamed games from my PC at my house, at my mom's house (about 15 miles away), and at my friend's house (which is three states away). The Moonlight app works just like NVIDIA GameStream (your PC needs to have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or better to make GameStream or Moonlight work). 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, DialM said:

Aside from the obvious issue of Nintendo not being big fans of violence

destojwyoxcnbfmvcnuj.png

Lol they've released past GTA games on Nintendo platforms and GTA 5 on the Switch is actually being considered.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, CrazyLawyer said:

The Moonlight app works just like NVIDIA GameStream (your PC needs to have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or better to make GameStream or Moonlight work). 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/rainway-pc-game-streaming-switch/amp/

I guess I'm gonna have to start paying for wifi on my flights. I'd much rather have a full game cause I'm sure the service in the air is garbage, but this is gonna be pretty nice on the ground.

Are you people really serious? "Nintendo is for kids, and everyone on the game would be squaking kids"... Uhh, oh, so you mean it wouldn't be any different than now, right? I deal with that nonsense almost every match. "Nintendo isn't into violent games", that's true but they still allow a lot of third party violent games. Even the Switch is getting Doom and Wolfenstein 2. GTA V has also been rumored for a long while, whether that comes to fruition or not is another story.

I'd love to have the game on Switch, but I am also fine playing it on the PS4/XB1. Still, some of these comments as for why it wouldn't come to the Switch are absurd.

On 9/4/2017 at 2:45 PM, ♣Blond♣ said:

Heyy , so i was thinking i have a pc and a ps4 and soon the nintendo switch , and i have friday the 13 th on pc soon ps4 

but wouldn't it be amazing to have it on nintendo switch like playing it everywhere , kitchen , salon , in bed , toilet , in the bathroom , everywhere :P 

but i don't think that could happen anyway because the console ain't that powerfull and Gun don't think about it but it would be cool ^_^

What about you guys ? 

I've played it on the ps vita with remote play.  It works decently. Controllers are a little tricky though. 

Of course it would be cool, but its just not possible. I just dont think the switch could run it properly. Nintendo are always underpowered verisons of the current gen of consoles since the wii. They make up for it with excellent first party games. Its not knocking the system, just dont think it would do either the console or game justice. Look at wwe 2k18 videos from the switch verison. 

On 11/01/2018 at 5:44 AM, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Of course it would be cool, but its just not possible. I just dont think the switch could run it properly. Nintendo are always underpowered verisons of the current gen of consoles since the wii. They make up for it with excellent first party games. Its not knocking the system, just dont think it would do either the console or game justice. Look at wwe 2k18 videos from the switch verison. 

The Switch would definitely have the capability to run this. The issue with the WWE 2K18 game is more with the developers 2K. They released the game without the capabilities to run smoothly from their end. It's nothing to do with Nintendo. As a new Nintendo Switch owner I can't believe how far Nintendo have come. They are definitely right there with PS4 & XBox so I think they would have no problems running the game.

• Like 1

Im not sure why anyone would vote no. Why would it be bad to have this game on yet another platform? Ill still spend more time playing it on the PC, but if I can play Friday the 13th while laying in bed, that’d be amazing. It’s also be another notch in Nintendo’s belt to confirm to everyone that they aren’t just a child’s platform.

I just saw the poll results. Why did the majority say “no”?! I mean I seriously doubt that it would ever happen but if it did and I owned a Nintendo Switch then I would be happy to play it on one.

When you go to a store, and look at all the titles that the Switch has on display, and compare it to Xbox and PS displays, imaging Friday the 13th in the Switch section seems very fitting. 

On the Switch, you can now kill zombies in Resident Evil.

Kill demons (and whatever else you kill) in Doom.

And kill Nazis in Wolfenstein.

What a perfect home for Jason!

Also, I got concerned when I saw how poorly WWE 2k18 performed on the Switch. Now, for PC I know that those games require at least an upper mid-high tier GPU to not have terrible slowdown and screen tearing. They are intensive games. 

But I would imagine NBA 2k18 would be just as bad or even worse on the processor, but it plays flawlessly on the Switch. 

So I think it should be possible for F13 to port over pretty well. 

There is an app coming out in beta for the Switch on Jan 20th called Rainway (I think I posted a link about it earlier in the thread,) that will let you gamecast Steam over to the Switch. So one way or another I'm getting F13 on there. 

I saw today that the new remastered Dark Souls is being released on Switch.

In my mind it's becoming more of a possibility that F13 could end up on a Nintendo platform but I would imagine IF that were to happen, it would only be when/if a more stable version is available. 

The switch can’t even handle well scripted games so how do you expect a possibility of Friday the 13th the game coming to the switch? Lmfao