ShogunGamerz

My 11 year old daughter's account banned?!?!

You seriously letting your 11 year old play this?.... i am personally glad the account got banned.

Inb4 people try to convince me that its ok for an 11 year old to see someone in the game getting their limbs and head cut off or having their head smashed between a door...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Well some douche bag popped in and said so. To the guy that agrees with me. Wasn't pointed at you. And quite a few in the beginning attacked the OP for him letting his daughter play the game. So by their measure, if i gave two shits, i would be a bad parent. But i am not. My daughter is loved, fed, clothed, taken care of, sweet and respectful. Says thank you etc doesn't cuss and is a sweetheart. I have thick skin, people's opinions of me make no difference unless it is someone i care about. But it pisses me off people hijacked this thread to attack a guy because they don't like his parenting. I say they can shove it because it is not any of their business how anyone raises their child.

Apparently government ran companies like DCF think it's someone's business or should they all be shunned? I just think that statement is being stretched a little too far. 

If I submerge my child in nothing but negativity but constantly tell them what is right from wrong - how do you wager they will turn out? (Negativity like violence, death, gore, rape, suicide, harmful drugs) For the life of me, please do not assume I'm directing that as a form of insult towards you or anyone else. It is just a question and I am aware of how extreme the question is.

I could care less if an adult allows their kids to play X game or watch X movie or go to X event. As long as the parent is ready to take full responsibility for any back lash IF there is any, then I don't care.

I disagree with allowing kids that aren't at least teenagers to play games like GTA. (Drugs, extreme realistic violence, adult humor, sex and nudity)

I disagree with allowing kids to do drugs.

I disagree with a lot of things some would say "Oh well it's my kid" as if their kid is some sort of possession and not a human being having their brain develop. 

Maturity varies and if a parent thinks their child is mature enough for X content, then for the 100th time, I do not care as long as they are ready to be held accountable for their child's actions for subjecting them to X content, if anything were to submerge post the experience. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

You seriously letting your 11 year old play this?.... i am personally glad the account got banned.

Inb4 people try to convince me that its ok for an 11 year old to see someone in the game getting their limbs and head cut off or having their head smashed between a door...

It is far too late for that. You are in way after that point. 

Sorry @ShogunGamerz but you deserve this ban! Kudos to @GunMedia for banning your daughter's account! You made a youtube video prouding of your trolling habits... I watched the video you laughed it hard escaping with the second battery car with no intention of helping the other counselors. Jason killed everyone except you!

I think Jason is your daughter... No one here want cheaters or trolls! so you were actually teaching your daughter how to troll in this game?

First, it's not a game well suited for kids, but you have the rights to judge by yourself...

Second, you actually show her how to troll in this game... 

Please do me a favor, let her play Splatoon 2 and teach her cheating is bad.

• Like 2

Goddamn. What a dumpster fire of a thread I walked into. That being said, there is nothing in this game that a well parented, average 11 year old can't handle. 90% of this franchise's fan base started watching the movies before they were 11. Or played games with equal or more violence. The issue with this game is an 11 year old playing with adult strangers. I have 2 Xbox's. One is my son's. It is literally right next to my TV on his smaller TV. I have parental settings where he cannot communicate via messages, or game chat with anyone besides me. He can't even hear other players. He only plays this game with me. 100% of the time. I have no issues with him seeing or hearing the content of this game. Because it's actually pretty mild in comparison. The issue is playing with fucked up adults. And I've eliminated that factor......... aside from myself. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ShogunGamerz said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a major issue. My 11yr old daughter has been banned from F13. We have two computers that sit in the exact same room. We both play with each other pretty much on a daily bases. My account is fine... ShogunGamerz. Her account is perm banned ShogunGamingLLC in-game known as DarkShadow. I record almost every single one of our matches and upload them to youtube. Both her and I conduct ourselves in a proper manner. We both have not violated any of the TOS, or Code of Conduct. The only thing we are guilty of is occasionally leaving a match early when others are trolling or helping jason kill others.

I believe we are owed an explanation of the ban and with proper proof. She's 11 years old and I bought this game for her on her birthday a couple months back. I'm not trying to play a sympathy card, but since she woke up this morning with a ban she has been in nothing but a tearful mess. She keeps asking me what she done. She doesn't troll, doesn't use inappropriate language or behavior, she doesn't use glitches or exploits.

I'm 100% certain that she has played no different than her friends and I have played for quite sometime. I have almost 400 hours logged since release. And I have quite a few terabytes of video footage of us playing. It's an injustice really. I'm not going to scream refund or any of those words if I'm provided with a legit reason. But she's done nothing wrong I'm 110% certain of that.

Please contact me with an explanation of what she has done. Once again her account is ShogunGamingLLC and her in game name is DarkShadow.

You can contact me I guess on here via PM, or email me at [omitted]

Thank you for your time. Please do not delete this in an attempt to hide my inquiry.

Sincerely,

Derrick W. 

After watching one of your videos I see what happened.

r_644626_9cZxM.gif

40c.gif

Sorry to hear she was banned.

During quick play keep it clean. Don't troll or ruin the enjoyment of the game for other players. You will have nothing to worry about.

15 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Apparently government ran companies like DCF think it's someone's business or should they all be shunned? I just think that statement is being stretched a little too far. 

If I submerge my child in nothing but negativity but constantly tell them what is right from wrong - how do you wager they will turn out? (Negativity like violence, death, gore, rape, suicide, harmful drugs) For the life of me, please do not assume I'm directing that as a form of insult towards you or anyone else. It is just a question and I am aware of how extreme the question is.

I could care less if an adult allows their kids to play X game or watch X movie or go to X event. As long as the parent is ready to take full responsibility for any back lash IF there is any, then I don't care.

I disagree with allowing kids that aren't at least teenagers to play games like GTA. (Drugs, extreme realistic violence, adult humor, sex and nudity)

I disagree with allowing kids to do drugs.

I disagree with a lot of things some would say "Oh well it's my kid" as if their kid is some sort of possession and not a human being having their brain develop. 

Maturity varies and if a parent thinks their child is mature enough for X content, then for the 100th time, I do not care as long as they are ready to be held accountable for their child's actions for subjecting them to X content, if anything were to submerge post the experience. 

That is for the parent to deal with. That is the responsibility we take when having children. As for dfcs i have no respect for them because the state in which i live has been caught in scandal after scandal involving children and ripping children from a good home because a parent decides to spank their child. (Spank, not beat). As parents it is up to us to make responsible decisions regarding the welfare and teachings of our children. No one elses. If a parent can't handle that responsibility then they shouldnt be parents. Its not up to others to stick their nose in another's business and tell someone how to raise their child unless that person asked for opinions and guidance period.

*and you solidified my view of dfcs by referring to them as a government business. That is exactly what they are. Look into ga's scandals involving dfcs and the incentives and grants they get from the federal government surrounding taking children. It is treated as a company more than a benevolent agency.

• Like 1

Just now, mojitodominic said:

In other news PS4 Servers are still down...

played one round. we all got the boot. then it was back to hosting lobbies. alone. 

• Like 1

Don't miss the point guys. I have 2 steam accounts both ShogunGamingLLC and ShogunGamerz. They are my two account for two different pc's. She plays on the not so expensive pc and I play on a higher end one. So as far as anyone knows her age is 11 because I disclosed it. But both are my accounts and both I paid for all the games out of my pocket. She saw me playing one day and asked if she could play too. So for her birthday she was able to join me. That's not the point here.

The point is she was banned and not a temp ban like they been talking about implementing with people rage quitting and things of that nature. But a PermaBan and I want to know what she did that was so wrong she's not allowed to play.

I love this game and I'm not here to bash anyone. But I need to know what she done PERIOD. I deserve as a paying customer to know why my product is now invalid. I need to know what ToS rule was broken that a kid can no longer play a game...

Cause if i get a new account and re-buy the game for her I can't have this happen again for no good reason at all. I've seen people get away with so much bs and drama it's unreal. So much trolling and usernames and language is just beyond me. Thats why I play with her. That's why we mute people. That's why we will jump from lobby to lobby to avoid harmful people.

Sorry for the rant. But I did promise I will let everyone knows what happens with the higher ups. I will be open and honest with the community. And I just hope I have video of the gameplay they say the misconduct or whatever was in. Because I have about 150hrs on my 2nd harddrive! Thx shadowplay!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

That is for the parent to deal with. That is the responsibility we take when having children. As for dfcs i have no respect for them because the state in which i live has been caught in scandal after scandal involving children and ripping children from a good home because a parent decides to spank their child. (Spank, not beat). As parents it is up to us to make responsible decisions regarding the welfare and teachings of our children. No one elses. If a parent can't handle that responsibility then they shouldnt be parents. Its not up to others to stick their nose in another's business and tell someone how to raise their child unless that person asked for opinions and guidance period.

*and you solidified my view of dfcs by referring to them as a government business. That is exactly what they are. Look into ga's scandals involving dfcs and the incentives and grants they get from the federal government surrounding taking children. It is treated as a company more than a benevolent agency.

You speak of benevolence but how benevolent is it of a parent to subject a young minor to death, gore, and all of the things in Satan's playground? I'm not sure I consider that responsible parenting. 

"Daddy that person's head just got ripped off and those people were doing something weird with their bodies!" "It's OK honey, just know to never harm someone in real life and never do what those two people were doing until you're 18."

It's perspective, I know. But you and all of the other people are failing to explain to me why someone should not tell someone how to raise their child. (As in if someone thinks someone is parenting negatively.)

DCF does a LOT of good in my opinion, I am sorry that in your area it could be considered corrupted - evidently this is not a topic we will agree on. If you spank a child and leave marks - that is beating and from my understanding, that is the only time DCF can be called and action can be taken. Emotional and mental abuse is also reasons DCF can be called.

6 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

You speak of benevolence but how benevolent is it of a parent to subject a young minor to death, gore, and all of the things in Satan's playground? I'm not sure I consider that responsible parenting. 

"Daddy that person's head just got ripped off and those people were doing something weird with their bodies!" "It's OK honey, just know to never harm someone in real life and never do what those two people were doing until you're 18."

It's perspective, I know. But you and all of the other people are failing to explain to me why someone should not tell someone how to raise their child. (As in if someone thinks someone is parenting negatively.)

DCF does a LOT of good in my opinion, I am sorry that in your area it could be considered corrupted - evidently this is not a topic we will agree on. If you spank a child and leave marks - that is beating and from my understanding, that is the only time DCF can be called and action can be taken. Emotional and mental abuse is also reasons DCF can be called.

Never said that dfcs doesn't do good in other jurisdictions. But where i was raised they are corrupt and even had a senator lead the charge in trying to uncover it. Besides the point, it is no one's place to try and raise someone else's child or tell a parent they are bad because of disagreeing with their method. Period. He didn't start a thread asking for parenting advice. Yet for some reason a lot of people came in on a high horse bashing the dude. That is shitty. Like i said, i don't care what anyone thinks about my parenting, because at the end of the day, i know my child is taught well, taken care of better than a lot do with their own, and i don't need advice on it or i would ask. Some people really should learn the meaning of agree to disagree. And quit kicking a dude when he is down because they feel holier than thou.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

That's also most nights on the LOCAL NEWS. How dense should the protective bubble be? And what age can you start letting kids know about FICTIONAL violence, let alone the real world issues they might be confronted with? It's earlier than 11. Parent your child to know reality. It's benevolent to parent your child not to be dim.

At what age should we feel good entering Satan's playground? AYFKM? If this genuinely rises to that level of morality issue for you, why are you playing?

4 minutes ago, SDA said:

That's also most nights on the LOCAL NEWS. How dense should the protective bubble be? And what age can you start letting kids know about FICTIONAL violence, let alone the real world issues they might be confronted with? It's earlier than 11. Parent your child to know reality. It's benevolent to parent your child not to be dim.

At what age should we feel good entering Satan's playground? AYFKM?

When they are MATURE enough to understand what is going on. FICTIONAL violence for a young child should be Mickey Mouse stepping on a lego and getting upset! Or Road Runner being chased by a coyote!

You do not HAVE to "parent your child not to be dim" at the age of fucking 5!

Do you show your young kids movies like SAW? LOL.

10 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Never said that dfcs doesn't do good in other jurisdictions. But where i was raised they are corrupt and even had a senator lead the charge in trying to uncover it. Besides the point, it is no one's place to try and raise someone else's child or tell a parent they are bad because of disagreeing with their method. Period. He didn't start a thread asking for parenting advice. Yet for some reason a lot of people came in on a high horse bashing the dude. That is shitty. Like i said, i don't care what anyone thinks about my parenting, because at the end of the day, i know my child is taught well, taken care of better than a lot do with their own, and i don't need advice on it or i would ask. Some people really should learn the meaning of agree to disagree. And quit kicking a dude when he is down because they feel holier than thou.

The people who were bashing him are in the wrong but giving suggestions or asking questions are different. I personally think he was looking for attention when he added his daughter's age in the title anyways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

When they are MATURE enough to understand what is going on. FICTIONAL violence for a young child should be Mickey Mouse stepping on a lego!

Yes, person who doesn't have kids, you should absolutely start teaching your five year old (when that happens) a real world exists. And only you were discussing a 5 year old, keep up. 11 years old is much different. I havent watched Saw myself, not my thing.

Every time I hear a child playing with a parent saying their name in the background I imagine this...

b0q8q.gif

It's satan's playground! Tear it all down!. Send it back to hell!

tumblr_ndu7ythUum1qdezf9o1_500.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

When they are MATURE enough to understand what is going on. FICTIONAL violence for a young child should be Mickey Mouse stepping on a lego!

If i choose to then why not? And i believe @SDAhas a point, the smarter the better. Saw nothing wrong with how my parents raised me so why should i go by someone else's standards when i never asked what they think anyways?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Every time I see a hear a child playing with a parent in the background.

b0q8q.gif

It's satan's playground! Tear it all down!. Send it back to hell!

tumblr_ndu7ythUum1qdezf9o1_500.gif

Lmao i remember watching that texas chainsaw movie at 6, guess my parents were irresponsible too. This is crazy lol. Like i said some people just can't live and let live without forcing views and opinions on other folks. Even when they didn't ask for the advice.

Just now, jameson87 said:

If i choose to then why not? And i believe @SDAhas a point, the smarter the better. Saw nothing wrong with how my parents raised me so why should i go by someone else's standards when i never asked what they think anyways?

The smarter the better, I agree with that.

This is obviously a morality argument than anything. It's sickening to me for parents in this generation to reveal graphical shows to their children and remain ignorant on anything related to child development and their precious brain. 

If you personally see nothing wrong, then that's your perspective and even though I don't agree - I will agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, SDA said:

Yes, person who doesn't have kids, you should absolutely start teaching your five year old a real world exists. And only you were discussing a 5 year old, keep up. 11 years old is much different. I havent watched Saw myself, not my thing.

Yes, person who takes to assuming to better their bitter argument. What makes you think I don't have children?

You obviously have not read any of my comments or you would know I have not even been remotely talking about this man's 11 year old daughter.

Keep up your moronic replies then, I'm not replying to you.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Satan's playground? WTF?

Sometimes, there are bigger issues at play. Prince of Darkness Big.

OK, I let this run its course. If there is anything else to add to this it will be added as posting by forum staff can be done in a locked topic. Clearly we are incapable of having an adult discussion about this. 

• Like 9