Fooobar

Pocketknife did not trigger

53 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

That bug is NOT fixed.

Ps4

I reported this bug on the 30th or 31th. I hoped they would fix it with the last update. It seems it isn't done yet. Just a question, did Jason grabbed and threw you directly through a window ? I realized that this happens when he grabs you right next to a window.

This is a currently known issue that's being addressed. No ETA at the moment for when it will be fixed but they are well aware of the problem.

Jason is able to use skill move kill, or even environmental kill if his attack radius is not obstructed. The problem is the pocket knife takes at least 2 seconds at the most to trigger. If however any kill moves become active & the necessary button is pressed before the knife is triggered then Jason will be able to perform the kill.

The only thing a counselor can do in the mean time to combat this glitch is to stay away from kill zones such as environmental kills but more importantly:

(Indoors)

1. Windows

2. Coat Hangers

3. Doorways (Door Attached)

4. Brown Workbench

5. Game Structure

6. Fireplace

(Outdoors)

1. Tree Stump

2. Tree (Sharp Stubby Branch)

3. Water Tap

4. Bird Bath Fountain

5. Campfires

It's okay to get near these areas during the match but the best thing to do in the mean time is to stay away from them when Jason is nearby or else Jason will be able to grab a counselor & immediately kill them. Even if you do not have a pocket knife it's best to stay away from these kill zones which will buy you time to break free or be rescued by another counselor. I myself as Jason grabbed a counselor whom I killed with the "Head Punch" skill move while inside a single door cabin in the main living room. Upon killing them the counselor dropped 3 pocket knives. Unfortunately this player had quite a few nasty things to say when the match ended. I informed him that I was unaware they had any pocket knives & use my skill moves immediately as they become active to lower the risk of breaking free. The person was upset I didn't allow them enough time to use the pocket knife. You may also choose to use your pocket knives removing traps until this issue has been fixed.

On that note this isn't an exploitable glitch considering we do not know as Jason who has a pocket knife & who does not unless the counselors informs us they do. Which in some cases they lie so that they may try to discourage us from grabbing them. The key thing to remember is the larger an empty none obstructed area is then the quicker Jason will be able to perform his kill. Any objects or structures to close to the player will force Jason to have to move around in order for a kill to be active. Hopefully this pocket knife issue will be resolved soon enough.

I haven't been keeping up with recent updates, but this doesn't sound like a glitch.

It sounds like a balance change.

8 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

I haven't been keeping up with recent updates, but this doesn't sound like a glitch.

It sounds like a balance change.

"Pocket Knife

Whats happening here is that Jason players have found an exploit in which they can trigger an environmental kill before the pocket knife counter triggers. We are working on a fix now."

Why did it even get bugged in the first place?

Pocket knife used to activate immediately.

What could the developers have possibly done to the code that would have cause the knife to be on delay for two seconds?

Yeah, that is quite a trash bug.