YaBoiChad

Theories for the singleplayer?

Hey everyone, Chad here. Just wondering what does everyone think the upcoming singleplayer will be about. You play as Jason and reenact each Jasons respective movie? Will there be a Tommy Jarvis campain? Chad wants to know

4 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

i dont think its a story driven thing its just like assassination missions for jason (Which is still awesome)

Chad agrees. Hopefully it gets released soon

I heard one of the single player modes will feature Crazy Ralph from part one. There will be challenges such as navigating on a bike through the woods with Jason chasing you and warning passerby's that the camp has a death curse.

That's all fine and dandy.  The single player "mission mode" or whatever they are calling it I imagine will be fun.

What I really want though is just the regular game with counselor bots.

The ability to:

Choose which Jason

Choose the counselors

Choose the clothes each counselor is wearing

Choose the map

Set the time limit to be as long as you want it (Could even set it to continue until all the counselors are either dead or have escaped)

Then just relax after a frustrating day at work hacking apart pixelated teenagers until my hearts content.

(Edited for additional dreaming)

-Bonus if steam workshop is implemented for the single portion part of the game, the ability to download user made counselors, counselor outfits, Jason, Jason weapons, maps, etc. for the single player bot mode would be outstanding.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pitchfork said:

That's all fine and dandy.  The single player "mission mode" or whatever they are calling it I imagine will be fun.

What I really want though is just the regular game with counselor bots.

The ability to:

Choose which Jason

Choose the counselors

Choose the clothes each counselor is wearing

Choose the map

Set the time limit to be as long as you want it (Could even set it to continue until all the counselors are either dead or have escaped)

Then just relax after a frustrating day at work hacking apart pixelated teenagers until my hearts content.

(Edited for additional dreaming)

-Bonus if steam workshop is implemented for the single portion part of the game, the ability to download user made counselors, counselor outfits, Jason, Jason weapons, maps, etc. for the single player bot mode would be outstanding.

You had me until steam workshop.

Do you know what kinds of things happen when your game is modable?

Jason dongs. How big? Circumcised or no?

% minutes after it is released there will be CBBE body slide for nude females/

A Jason that looks like Thomas the Tank Engine.

Every kill ends with Macho Man saying Oh Yeah.

Now at first you are going to say, who cares? And I normally agree when it comes to single player games. If you want god mode with large circumcised dongs, chasing big breasted women with a ten foot machete while the soundtrack to Annie plays, that is your business.

The problem arises when it becomes you tube business, and twitch business.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, whatever I guess. I am just afraid of what modders will do.

I think it would be cool if it was a series of missions where you either pick to play them as Jason or a counselor. You could pick one of three difficulties on each mission and earn stars or earn trophies by finding certain easter eggs, such as Pamela tape type things or getting a certain score.

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Now at first you are going to say, who cares? And I normally agree when it comes to single player games. If you want god mode with large circumcised dongs, chasing big breasted women with a ten foot machete while the soundtrack to Annie plays, that is your business.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, whatever I guess. I am just afraid of what modders will do.

You're absolutely right, I was thinking about that when I was trying to decide to edit my original post to include steam workshop.  Within 15 minutes of workshop support there will be a Barney the Dinosaur mod, a nude mod, and over the course of a few weeks Jason will become everything hipsters think are ironic these days.  My internal dialog was just as you mentioned: "who cares in single player, as long as multiplayer stays vanilla".  I didn't think about youtube and twitch.  To be honest I'm an older gamer and don't give much thought to either as I find them narcissistic and I don't understand the draw of watching other people make "look at me, I'm cool" comments while playing a game I'm perfectly capable of playing myself.

What exactly do you think the issues would be?  Detract from the games feel and ambiance for those looking to purchase?  I would gladly trade in the steam workshop and not think twice about it if all of my points before hand go into single player. 

I'm guessing it's an entirely original plot replicating the feeling of the original films rather than trying to replicate the respective movies since that would require unique characters and assets. The storyboard scene Wes shared also shows three people running for the barn in Higgins Haven, something that didn't happen in the movie part 3 unless it's a re-written scenario for the biker gang or something.  

You play as a Jason (likely any Jason) and play out a campaign involving the in-game counselors. You pick off a few for each mission without being seen inevitably leading up to the final confrontation between you and Tommy Jarvis most likely where you probably are about to kill him and at the last second one of the other counselors lands the killing blow on you. 

6 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Does this game take place in the Old or New Testament? That's a contributing factor