Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OnlySeen1&2

There needs to be a way to stun Jason in the Water

Recommended Posts

It's impossible to stop or juke part 7 or 8 Jason's while escaping in the boat since they are faster and if they dump you out the boat there is NOTHING you can do. There should be a way to stun Jason or make it so he can't track the boat on the map because it's ridiculous right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

It's impossible to stop or juke part 7 or 8 Jason's while escaping in the boat since they are faster and if they dump you out the boat there is NOTHING you can do. There should be a way to stun Jason or make it so he can't track the boat on the map because it's ridiculous right now.

I disgaree.

Try waiting for Jason to be distracted with other counselors and situations before trying a boat escape.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I disgaree.

Try waiting for Jason to be distracted with other counselors and situations before trying a boat escape.

That's EXACTLY the situation I was in. There was someone calling the police AND escaping in the car while I was in the boat. Since he's part 7 it's easy to catch the boat so why not. The police were called and the car escaped but I payed the price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

That's EXACTLY the situation I was in. There was someone calling the police AND escaping in the car while I was in the boat. Since he's part 7 it's easy to catch the boat so why not. The police were called and the car escaped but I payed the price 

If it was Part 7- he sucks at just about everything so I kind of feel glad for whoever was playing him that he was good at something.

The boat is a big risk- it's Crystal Lake.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boat is still the easiest way to escape requiring fewer parts while being safely away from the areas Jason usually hangs around and somewhat harder to trap.  The balance to that is the right Jason may be able to catch the boat before it gets away. S'fine IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strangefate said:

Boat is still the easiest way to escape requiring fewer parts while being safely away from the areas Jason usually hangs around and somewhat harder to trap.  The balance to that is the right Jason may be able to catch the boat before it gets away. S'fine IMO.

Also no sound notification to jaso  when it starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AirMoons said:

Also no sound notification to jaso  when it starts

The feared killer...

JASO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

disagree. entering the water is supposed to be a risky proposition. 

the boat is the easiest thing to repair and escape in. the trade off is that if you get busted, you're as good as dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

That's EXACTLY the situation I was in. There was someone calling the police AND escaping in the car while I was in the boat. Since he's part 7 it's easy to catch the boat so why not. The police were called and the car escaped but I payed the price 

Poor luck. 
You knew the risks taking the boat. You knew Jason had a water speed advantage.
Sounds like you got what you deserved.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree, its the only avenue where Jason has a clear cut advantage and it should stay that way.

Plus the boat escape isn't even a permanent thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Disagree, its the only avenue where Jason has a clear cut advantage and it should stay that way.

Plus the boat escape isn't even a permanent thing.

The boat is not permanent? What's that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Campkill said:

The boat is not permanent? What's that mean?

Its not always there like at least one of the cars. Its only a chance.

I would like an update that would allow all 3 to be be escape on the original maps. Maybe as an option toggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. You knew the risk. Unless I find the propeller against P7 or P8 Jason, I'll go for the car or cops. Better escape chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think water is your ally? You merely adopted it, Jason was Born in it, molded by it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

It's impossible to stop or juke part 7 or 8 Jason's while escaping in the boat since they are faster and if they dump you out the boat there is NOTHING you can do. There should be a way to stun Jason or make it so he can't track the boat on the map because it's ridiculous right now.

How do you propose we juke Jason in the water? I'm a pretty good swimmer, but I don't think I can juke anyone while doing it. And as far as stunning him, there is no way the passenger could get enough leverage to stun Jason with the unsteady footing on a rocking boat. I mean, this is Jason Freaking Voorhees. A shaky tap from a teenager in a boat is highly unlikely to do anything more than annoy him. I won't even mention the boat pilot's chance of doing so, or doing it while treading water.

11 hours ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

That's EXACTLY the situation I was in. There was someone calling the police AND escaping in the car while I was in the boat. Since he's part 7 it's easy to catch the boat so why not. The police were called and the car escaped but I payed the price 

With the boat, you have two objectives to get it going as opposed to three. As long as you don't screw up installing the prop or putting the gas in, Jason will never know the boat is being messed with unless he physically goes to check on it. (Or some asshat narcs you out). Starting the boat doesn't alert Jason. The risk part of this risk/reward scenario is that if you get caught, you're probably going to die. The boat escape is pretty much perfectly balanced. It just sounds like you had bad luck in that match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally if you get caught when he is distracted, normally 1 of 2 things happened, 1 someone told the Player, or 2, you just had rotten luck and he pulled up his map and saw the boat escaping so cut it off with Morph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

It's impossible to stop or juke part 7 or 8 Jason's while escaping in the boat since they are faster and if they dump you out the boat there is NOTHING you can do. There should be a way to stun Jason or make it so he can't track the boat on the map because it's ridiculous right now.

Nope. Boats are death in Friday the 13th. Even Tommy Jarvis was nearly drowned in Part 6 while fully expecting to reel in Jason.You're gonna need a bigger boat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if there was a second boat you can send off as a distractions. You couldn't escape in it, but you could send it out on it own as a decoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

You do realize what happens when fire meets water don't you?

True. Also, if somebody is trying to fire a flare gun into Jason's face from the boat, water is probably the only thing that flare is going to meet. :lol: Their screen name is @OnlySeen1&2. Hopefully, they will watch more of the films in the future to get a better idea of how the fact that a boat/raft/ship/swimming almost always means certain death when the Big Guy is around. That's his lake, stay the hell out of it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

True. Also, if somebody is trying to fire a flare gun into Jason's face from the boat, water is probably the only thing that flare is going to meet. :lol: Their screen name is @OnlySeen1&2. Hopefully, they will watch more of the films in the future to get a better idea of how the fact that a boat/raft/ship/swimming almost always means certain death when the Big Guy is around. That's his lake, stay the hell out of it!

I've seen all of them except 9 and 10 i just can't change my username 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnlySeen1&2 said:

I've seen all of them except 9 and 10 i just can't change my username 

That was just a (bad) joke man. ;) But, I really do think the boat works exactly like it is supposed to. Getting into the water is a risk with any Jason. That is why it is so easy to get the boat ready, and why the route from the dock to the escape buoys is so straightforward and short. Sounds like you just had bad luck in that match. Part 7 Jason doesn't have the ability advantages that most of the other Jasons do but he is a beast in Crystal Lake. Against him, the water is probably the last place you want to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...