bewareofbears

Countdown to the End of Summer (and Possibly Single Player?)

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Seems even slash n cast was confused by the panel and pretty let down.

SP also came up.

Yea, these guys are pretty big fans from what I've seen and even the one guy says the window is closing for single player to be released on time and called the panel disappointing and confusing. Gun is so tone deaf that even their biggest supporters are confused and disappointed with their communication.

4 hours ago, BigJVOOREES said:

I sincerely encourage everyone in these forums to check out and subscribe to these guys! They have a great podcast every Monday. Far as single player is concerned, think any day now gun will be saying fall 2017. This is redicoulos now, they just tweeted out 2 hrs ago who's swimsuit looks the best? Are you kidding me. Who else is tired of hearing out this?? How about an update on more important things than some  bikinis in a banana Hammock. ???

Like I said- tone deaf. PS4 servers were messed up and they think the average player gives a shit about swimsuits? If the game was working great a large portion of folks would still not give a shit about swimsuits for a Friday the 13th game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TakerHennigan said:

Like when ? I would really really really like a date..

Why should they give a date? You guys will just start another countdown page to crucify them if they miss it.

Edited by dandop1984
  • Like 2

i recently paid a visit to gun media's offices and once the weed smoke cleared through the air i heard a guy in the background at his desk say that summer 2018 is a distinct possibility.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

i recently paid a visit to gun media's offices and once the weed smoke cleared through the air i heard a guy in the background at his desk say that summer 2018 is a distinct possibility.

Dank Media

Dabfonic

420 DLC confirmed.

• Like 4

Almost forgot... I may be losing interest in general.

22 hours ago, TakerHennigan said:

Like when ? I would really really really like a date..

Expect delays.

20 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Why should they give a date? You guys will just start another countdown page to crucify them if they miss it.

I don't think I have the energy for a crucifixion.

They should gives dates, in general, so people know when to expect things- especially things they promised. This is a practice used in most industries, particularly the entertainment industry. ;) That said, Dead by Daylight is on sale on the 15th on the PS4. On a date, like a specified day of the month...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Almost forgot... I may be losing interest in general.

Expect delays.

I don't think I have the energy for a crucifixion.

They should gives dates, in general, so people know when to expect things- especially things they promised. This is a practice used in most industries, particularly the entertainment industry. ;) That said, Dead by Daylight is on sale on the 15th on the PS4. On a date, like a specified day of the month...

The best is,not only do we not have an actual date for something that's been in the works for quite a bit,we have barely any information on this mythical single player mode.

Now,I understand. Gun has fucked up when it comes to dates/timely releases before so they refuse to set a date/solid timeframe for something (that probably won't even pass cert on the first go around) so they don't get hammered when there is a delay.

So here we stand. Waiting for:

1. Some big post on Twitter/reddit/forums that will explain the perils of game development and announce a delay to single player. No solid date is revealed.

2. Single player to drop any day now

My money is on 1. We still have no idea exactly what the single player is. Maybe we are back to "player discovery" although hopefully streamers won't spoil it early.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Dank Media

Dabfonic

420 DLC confirmed.

Best. Post. EVER.

Guys, they've been hyping up swimsuits for weeks and they still haven't released them. There's been no news or trailers for single player, so y'all can forget about it for now. 

4 hours ago, Buttocks said:

Guys, they've been hyping up swimsuits for weeks and they still haven't released them. There's been no news or trailers for single player, so y'all can forget about it for now. 

Slight difference between the two is that swimsuits are money generating, whereas single player is free content at this point.

There is a need to hype for sales, wheras for single player they need to just say, here ya go.

Hopefully the dev's will remember some of the reactions on the boards when thinking of announcing a date for a release. 

Personally, I am on the same side as a few of you. I could careless about a swimsuit pack, I just want all the bugs they have created fixed.

38 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Slight difference between the two is that swimsuits are money generating, whereas single player is free content at this point.

There is a need to hype for sales, wheras for single player they need to just say, here ya go.

They already got our money in regards to single player so yep- they're in no rush.

Guys are you sure the single player will be free ?

And for the swimsuit dlc.. they tease a lot about that, like the last tweet "who's swimsuit is the best" god dammit give it to us and maybe we answer you you fuc*** as***** of moth****** bi******

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TakerHennigan said:

Yes.

5 minutes ago, TakerHennigan said:

And for the swimsuit dlc.. they tease a lot about that, like the last tweet "who's swimsuit is the best" god dammit give it to us and maybe we answer you you fuc*** as***** of moth****** bi******

No comment.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TakerHennigan said:

Yes it has been stated a few times single player will be added for free just as the new jason and maps......but they only hype the frigging swimsuit dlc that a large portion of the community could care less about. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that Single Player Mode will not be launching with the October 13th physical release. I just checked the game's page on GameStop's website and under product details it says:

• Access all upcoming DLC when available including a free download of Single Player missions where you play as Jason! Future DLC to include Offline matches with AI Bots, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins and much more!

The last bullet basically insinuates that the Single Player missions will be downloadable at a later date. :rolleyes:

One interesting tidbit that I didn't know about (new to the forum, avid player though, so apologies if this is old news) is that they're developing offline matches with AI Bots. That should be fun.

36 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

offline matches with AI Bots.

The game has been out for months now,I don't understand how they don't have this already. 

• Like 1

I say we would have had an announcement by now if single player had a release date so im saying its gonna be delayed