bewareofbears

Countdown to the End of Summer (and Possibly Single Player?)

Welp, the end of summer is approaching...

Gun promised single player would come out Summer 2017 with the last official statement (I've seen) being @Randygbk stating "Late Summer 2017". The entire purpose of the game being delayed from Fall 2016 to May 26th, 2017 was explained to us as being for single player. No mention of single player at the latest PAX.

So, let's have an unofficial countdown to the last day of Summer.

18 days until the last day of Summer!

(If I get bored I'll make some countdown images like last time...)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Gun promised single player would come out Summer 2017 with the last official statement (I've seen) being @Randygbk stating "Late Summer 2017". The entire purpose of the game being delayed from Fall 2016 to May 26th, 2017 was explained to us as being for single player. So, let's have an unofficial countdown to the last day of Summer.

Hahaha yes. All behind it.

So the last day of summer falls on my birthday this year. In that case i am doubful it will drop by then. Am never so lucky lol

Edited by jameson87
Add to post.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Gun promised single player would come out Summer 2017 with the last official statement (I've seen) being @Randygbk stating "Late Summer 2017". The entire purpose of the game being delayed from Fall 2016 to May 26th, 2017 was explained to us as being for single player. No mention of single player at the latest PAX.

So, let's have an unofficial countdown to the last day of Summer.

standing-ovation.gif

• Like 1

I could be mistaken but wasn't singleplayer being advertised as coming out on Friday the 13th October?

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I could be mistaken but wasn't singleplayer being advertised as coming out on Friday the 13th October?

Always promised as Summer 2017 from what I've seen. I think that was more speculation for October 13th?

34 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Always promised as Summer 2017 from what I've seen. I think that was more speculation for October 13th?

Perhaps your right. I think I just figured since we haven't heard anything new that maybe they are trying to package as much content into October Friday the 13th.

Only releasing a hard copy & silly blood variants on Jason chest would be a massive let down. Now if they chose to release the hard copy along with the blood variants, single player, emotes, new counselors, new map, new Jason, new kill moves, spring break clothing pack, & the new clothing customization feature it would make one hell of a content drop.

At the same time people get a little weary with little to no information regarding all this content if it will come out at the same time or be split into another dlc pack. I honestly would like to see it all release at the same time. I fear that just emotes alone along with spring break clothing pack will get stale rather fast without all the other dlc to compensate. Like for example only getting the NES recolor of Jason part 3 became boring extremely quick.

5 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Perhaps your right. I think I just figured since we haven't heard anything new that maybe they are trying to package as much content into October Friday the 13th.

Only releasing a hard copy & silly blood variants on Jason chest would be a massive let down. 

If single player isn't released by or on October 13,I don't want to hear anything from anyone about entitlement or other games with rocky launches. That boat has long since sailed out of Crystal Lake.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

If single player isn't released by or on October 13,I don't want to hear anything from anyone about entitlement or other games with rocky launches. That boat has long since sailed out of Crystal Lake.

I am all out of likes. But I completely agree.

Dude I'm honestly not even happy for single player. You run around as Jason killing dumb counselor AI.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I am all out of likes. But I completely agree.

Is it weird that I sang this to the tune of "All out of love"?

"I'm all out of likes,

But I completely ag-ree."

@Tattooey If that's still the case (just Jason vs AI) it makes you wonder why it's still taking forever to release. At this point,I'm expecting a full on story mode.

2 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Dude I'm honestly not even happy for single player. You run around as Jason killing dumb counselor AI

See this is why I am staying out of the T and A DLC threads. The people in there seem fired up about it, and I coundn`t possibly care less about it. I figure if I go in to a party and say, hey this party blows,l it just kinda makes people sad.

I'm okay if they delay single player. They rushed muiltiplayer to meet the early 2017 release. And surprise! There was bugs, glitches and server issues. 

I just wished they would tell us, or give us a small teaser, and say sorry people single player is delayed.

• Like 2

Just now, dandop1984 said:

I'm okay if they delay single player. They rushed muiltiplayer to meet the early 2017 release. And surprise! There was bugs, glitches and server issues. 

I just wished they would tell us, or give us a small teaser, and say sorry people single player is delayed.

They didn't meet the Early 2017 release.

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

The people in there seem fired up about it

Not anymore. Everyone is upset that Chad is the only one with a speedo. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Yeah, May is second quarter, but it was like first half of second quarter. Still in the first half, but yeah mopre middle than early.... When does mid thirties start?

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Not anymore. Everyone is upset that Chad is the only one with a speedo. 

That is pure speculation. The new clothing system implies we will see more than the hanging Chad.

3 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

That is pure speculation. The new clothing system implies we will see more than the hanging Chad.

Well. I. Really. Hope. That. Gun. Media. Clears. This. Up. In. A. Timely. Manner. Because. Its. Really. Important. And. Relevant. Information. That. Needs. To. Be. Addressed. Before. Anything. Else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Is it weird that I sang this to the tune of "All out of love"?

"I'm all out of likes,

But I completely ag-ree."

@Tattooey If that's still the case (just Jason vs AI) it makes you wonder why it's still taking forever to release. At this point,I'm expecting a full on story mode.

Not at all lol. And i just want single player whether it is story or AI. Something that they have said they have been working diligently on, yet radio silence here lately on it while pushing the smaller dlc i personally have no care for.

10 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

See this is why I am staying out of the T and A DLC threads. The people in there seem fired up about it, and I coundn`t possibly care less about it. I figure if I go in to a party and say, hey this party blows,l it just kinda makes people sad.

This lol. I tried to be neutral on those threads until it became more apparent the direction of those threads so i too bowed out.

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Well. I. Really. Hope. That. Gun. Media. Clears. This. Up. In. A. Timely. Manner. Because. Its. Really. Important. And. Relevant. Information. That. Needs. To. Be. Addressed. Before. Anything. Else.

I regret that I only have one like to give.

Long Duc Dong is all we will be hearing about this week is my guess.

5 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Lol

9 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Yeah, May is second quarter, but it was like first half of second quarter. Still in the first half, but yeah mopre middle than early.... When does mid thirties start?

Man that is golden....I forsee the same, but that description hit the nail on the head sadly. At first i was for the clothing pack until how weird some of the threads got and the constant silence on some of the, more important dlc in my opinion. Then it just seemed more like saved by the bell sims take jason. Kind of lost my interest pretty fast.

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Depends who you ask, but I agree.

either way they rushed it to please fans, and I'm fine with it, as I expected it to be buggy and was not surprised when it had server issues. I was happy to have the game.

However because of this they where met with bad reviews, lots of anger from people expecting a polished game. 

I wish they would tell us, but I'm not gonna be surprised or angry if they delay single player. I kinda hope they do, as I feel single player has the chance to boost this game, but not if it's bad.

• Like 1

Just now, ryanmc564 said:

I thought that single player was already announced that it was being delayed.

Nope.

Working on it.

Ready when it's ready.

Ready when we are happy with it.

Still working on it.

These are things we are talking about.

Soon

That sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Nope.

Working on it.

Ready when it's ready.