bewareofbears

News from PAX West (Share it here)

No problem. Hope JPops or Kodiak don't hunt me down if I double post.;)

9:03pm  - Leading off with Springbreak video we've all seen. Still love that expression on Kenny's face.

9:06pm - Clothing customization. Styles based on trope. Looks like no speedo for LaChappa. Car customization comes with Springbreak DLC.

9:43pm - Showing mocap we've seen before. 5 total mocap sessions have been done to date.

9:52pm - Talking about Beta process.

9:57pm - Question: Regarding Xbox issues? :::garbled:::

* Microsoft worked with the on new matchmaking system.

* Overloaded servers after release.

* Switched to new system. They are building their own internal matchmaking algorithms. Partnering with other companies to sort it all out. They hope it will work much better.

* Memory leak issue.

Mostly stuff we've be in the loop about.

10:02 - Session end.

No new info from the PAX panel.

06a61ae8bc50af3b4bcd1ec92415313fff151343

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif  Cue the outrage in 3...2...

• Like 6

They are just talking about the struggles of Kickstarter right now and how Randy had to do most of the work setting it up and getting it ready.  They are just showing the original Kickstarter trailer now.  

They are still talking about Kickstarter....looks like it is just going to be about Kickstarter.  The title of the stream is, "Friday the 13th: The Game - From Kickstarter to Best-Seller".  Hoping we get more but its looking like we probably wont if they stick to the title.  

I've still got fingers crossed. Plus they were talking about leaving "a thing" for last.

3PgpXwV.png

The thing was the Spring Break DLC. It's not going to be anything else. I'm calling it.

Their exact words were ''Are we showing the thing?"

''Should we do it now or save it for the end?" 

''We'll just play it now." 

-plays Spring Break DLC trailer-

If it is, that was just poor planning on their part, considering they showed that video earlier today.

I always forget Pax isn't E3,but this is a PowerPoint presentation on how to launch a game on Kickstarter. Lots of slides,mentions of building a community,the struggles of game development and marketing. The people sitting there watching (attendees,journalists?) are dead. 

Untitled4.png

• Like 2

It's cool to be able to see their side of the story about how it came to be tbf. You never know they might give us a surprise reveal at the end you never know! (personally I hope they say spring break is out today haha). 

On the other hand Ronnie's pretty hot.

No time for a Q&A.

:rolleyes:

Wait,they take one question and it's muted but apparently about the Xbox One launch. Illfonic guy is putting it on their code clashing with Microsoft. Ben literally just elbowed the Illfonic guy to wrap it up.

That's a wrap. So glad they decided to show the speedo DLC at the beginning....

Yeah looks like nothing new.  What a fucking waste of time.  These guys talked about how much they value the backers but they can't even reveal anything for them.  

These guys got everyone's money so communication stopped.  Now that their player numbers are dropping crazy fast and their game is in ruin, they start talking to us again so we can buy dumbass swimsuits but they can't even give us anything concrete on things the fans actually want.  What a joke.  

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

These guys got everyone's money so communication stopped.  Now that their player numbers are dropping crazy fast and their game is in ruin, they start talking to us again so we can buy dumbass swimsuits but they can't even give us anything concrete on things the fans actually want.  What a joke.  

375.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

Damn, I missed it. Did they show any new footage? Nothing?

nope. just their experience with Kickstarter

If I were a developer and was told to watch this game's dev team talk about starting a kickstarter and how to deal with the process from beginning to end and the aftermath.

I'd run for the hills from that person.  There was so much irony in some of the statements made by the team that I thought the room would explode, but then that'd be impossible because the audience was asleep.

It's also really telling that half of them didn't know their plan, everytime one went to open their mouth about something they had to look and make sure they could talk about it like they were a battered child around their abusive parent and they hadn't been told it was time to speak. 

When members of your team don't even know what bits of info you've released and your one allocated Q&A question is about how much trouble one system has had. You might not be the best people to talk about being a success of kickstarter for an hour.

• Like 2

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

Damn, I missed it. Did they show any new footage? Nothing?

Literally nothing new at all, they didn't even talk about any plans they had behind the scenes.

It's ironic. The one question was someone moaning about the Xbox launch problems. Literally so many cool questions could have been asked, but he went for that.