wildthing73

Question about being ban-able for playing the game on a different system

I've heard about this, which is kinda weird since what if you go over to a friend's house and he has your account on his so you can play at his place while your there... are you really expected to pack up your PS4 and take it to your friend's place, just to be able to play on your own account there?  Or in my cousin's case, he hasn't been able to buy a PS4 yet and has been coming over to my house to play on the game until he can get a PS4 and the game?

This is sony's way of trying to crack down on game sharing etc. They took and ran with Microsoft's system of making sure no one can share games or map packs etc. The state of gaming in our day in age.

I dont completely understand, so your recovering your own PSN name on your mates ps4 an playing Friday there, and that is a PSN bannable offense?

Thats just straight bonkers but hey blame the abusers who ruin everything so the rest of us cant have nice things.

Or you cld blame trump? Thats what all Americans do these days lol

2 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

I dont completely understand, so your recovering your own PSN name on your mates ps4 an playing Friday there, and that is a PSN bannable offense?

Thats just straight bonkers but hey blame the abusers who ruin everything so the rest of us cant have nice things.

Yeah, I mean if you go to a friend's house that has a PS4 like you do and you already have your account on his system to play games on it and he has his account on yours so he can do the same... but instead I'm expected to pack up my PS4 and take it over to friend's house to actually be able to play on my account there.  And in my cousin's case, now he just can't play Friday the 13th at my house anymore on my PS4... he has to wait till he can buy his own PS4 to be able to even play the game.  This is crazy! :(

2 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

All out of likes lol

3 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Yeah, I mean if you go to a friend's house that has a PS4 like you do and you already have your account on his system to play games on it and he has his account on yours so he can do the same... but instead I'm expected to pack up my PS4 and take it over to friend's house to actually be able to play on my account there.  And in my cousin's case, now he just can't play Friday the 13th at my house anymore on my PS4... he has to wait till he can buy his own PS4 to be able to even play the game.  This is crazy! :(

Has more to do with sony, than devs. They caught wind to all the dlc and game sharing on ps3 and decided to do away with it. More money. Same reason they went with the ps plus subscription to play online instead of a free server like with ps3. Money.

41 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Has more to do with sony, than devs. They caught wind to all the dlc and game sharing on ps3 and decided to do away with it. More money. Same reason they went with the ps plus subscription to play online instead of a free server like with ps3. Money.

I know now that isn't just Friday the 13th, but it's stupid if say I bought the game (which I did already) and then my cousin gets himself a PS4 and game, that we can't go over to each other's houses and play the game (which we both had already bought) on our own accounts.

Just now, wildthing73 said:

I know now that isn't just Friday the 13th, but it's stupid if say I bought the game (which I did already) and then my cousin gets himself a PS4 and game, that we can't go over to each other's houses and play the game (which we both had already bought) on our own accounts.

Exactly, I fully intend to buy a PS4 and Friday the 13th: The Game, but why shouldn't I be able to play the game in the meantime on my cousin's (I'm wildthing73's cousin BTW) place?  It's silly, and it pisses me off that they did this... it's not like he's actually sharing the game with me and I'm not going to buy it eventually.  I'm just playing the game on his system on my account, until I can go ahead and buy a PS4 myself!

17 minutes ago, morbius1970 said:

Exactly, I fully intend to buy a PS4 and Friday the 13th: The Game, but why shouldn't I be able to play the game in the meantime on my cousin's (I'm wildthing73's cousin BTW) place?  It's silly, and it pisses me off that they did this... it's not like he's actually sharing the game with me and I'm not going to buy it eventually.  I'm just playing the game on his system on my account, until I can go ahead and buy a PS4 myself!

I know it is stupid. But people did abuse file sharing so they cracked down on it hard. That and the saw how much money microsoft was making off of doing the same and charging people for xbox live so sony decided to follow suit on ps4. You could do these things and play online for free on ps3 but no longer on ps4. Sony got greedy as well as attempting to crack down on file and game sharing locked it down hard core. Sucks but it is about that money.

21 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I know it is stupid. But people did abuse file sharing so they cracked down on it hard. That and the saw how much money microsoft was making off of doing the same and charging people for xbox live so sony decided to follow suit on ps4. You could do these things and play online for free on ps3 but no longer on ps4. Sony got greedy as well as attempting to crack down on file and game sharing locked it down hard core. Sucks but it is about that money.

Okay, so if I was to go on my cousin's system and went to the PSN and purchased Friday the 13th: The Game on my account, could I actually play it there without have a PS4 myself yet?

If he already has the game on the sustem under his account, and you make a secondary account on his system then you can play it. My wife has her own account and plays under her name on my system often. But save his account on a second system and try to use his files is where it becomes near impossible.

Me and my girlfriend play online together. We have 2 PlayStation, but only one copy of the game, she plays against me under a different account on our primary PlayStation, so is this ban-able? 

We are in the same house. I was was under the impression Sony was okay with family sharing.

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

If he already has the game on the sustem under his account, and you make a secondary account on his system then you can play it. My wife has her own account and plays under her name on my system often. But save his account on a second system and try to use his files is where it becomes near impossible.

So, he wouldn't have any problem coming over and playing the game on his account on my PS4 later today, it's just once he get's his own PS4 and then puts his account on that system, that the data on my system becomes a problem?

4 hours ago, wildthing73 said:

So, he wouldn't have any problem coming over and playing the game on his account on my PS4 later today, it's just once he get's his own PS4 and then puts his account on that system, that the data on my system becomes a problem?

Yeah

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Is this really how Sony is?? Microsoft actually encourages this behavior. 

Yeah you can share in the same household. It is when you start putting accounts on multiple systems and try to share that it becomes murky. Since on the ps3 many people were game sharing and sharing map dlc etc.

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah you can share in the same household. It is when you start putting accounts on multiple systems and try to share that it becomes murky. Since on the ps3 many people were game sharing and sharing map dlc etc.

That's stupid. One of the best parts of Xbox is the ability to load your profile up on any console anywhere and play your games. 

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68366171

You can only have one console set as primary. You can share with only one other system, but for both to be able to play online both systems have to be signed in online. Sony tracks this over time a decides whether you are abusing the share feature or not and bans if the determine it is being abused. They really only encourage family share in same household.

27 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68366171

You can only have one console set as primary. You can share with only one other system, but for both to be able to play online both systems have to be signed in online. Sony tracks this over time a decides whether you are abusing the share feature or not and bans if the determine it is being abused. They really only encourage family share in same household.

That's ridiculous. You can only have one console set as a "Home Console" for Xbox too. But you can still sign in on any console and share your games anywhere while you are signed in. You can also Family share with any console anywhere. You can also share Xbox Gold. Does Sony let you share PSN??

With ps3 if i put a friends account on my system i only had to sign in one time to download dlc or game he had then never had to sign in again, just keep his account on my system and i had access. Now you have to be signed in for content to not be locked by license standards. How many places can you be signed in from? That is where sony is tracking this. You can't have your account on multiple systems and be signed in on the multiple systems. And if you aren't signed in the content is locked for other accounts. Unless it is the primary console attached to your account.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

With ps3 if i put a friends account on my system i only had to sign in one time to download dlc or game he had then never had to sign in again, just keep his account on my system and i had access. Now you have to be signed in for content to not be locked by license standards. How many places can you be signed in from? That is where sony is tracking this. You can't have your account on multiple systems and be signed in on the multiple systems. And if you aren't signed in the content is locked for other accounts. Unless it is the primary console attached to your account.

You can only be actively signed in on one console at a time. If I sign in on another console, it automatically logs me out of the last one I was on. But with Family sharing, both consoles have access to all content and DLC at any time. Whether I'm signed in or not.