DarkRicochet117

Would Console Crossplay work for F13?

Crossplay between PS4, X1, & Steam.  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Crossplay?

• Yes.
    • No.

Microsoft is really pushing for cross-play between both consoles and PC. If Crossplay became a thing, would it work for F13? How could it help and how could it hinder the experience?

• Like 1

I think you'll have advantage by using keyboard and mouse. I have a PS4 and a PC and I play much better on PC, probably because I'm used to.

For it to work all systems would need to run same version and be stable, and those are 2 things that this game isn't. 

I would love cross Platform play but it's seems very doubtful at this point. 

• Like 1

I'm on XB1 and I would feel bad for PC players having to wait on an update due to Microsoft's certification process.  Cross play can't work unless both platforms are on the same build.  

Imagine being used to get up and go wherever and whenever you want, but now you have to wait for your parents to get your little brother ready to go with you.  And they take FOREVER.  Not fair.

It sounds good, and I know that Xbox, Nintendo, and PC platforms have announced crossplay before (i.e. Minecraft, Rocket League). So far, Sony has been cordial about the possibility, but it doesn't look like they are going to budge on this. You can read a little about it here. I find it humorous that Sony recites "younger players" as an excuse not to have crossplay when Nintendo is notorious for being the most kid-friendly video game company out there so I was surprised when Nintendo agreed . Xbox and PC are kind of a no-brainer because...Microsoft. I think it all boils down to the bottom line for Sony. XBox is their largest competitor, and Sony loves it's console exclusives.

I don't know how many know this, but the Playstation came to be because Nintendo acted the same way back in the late 80s-early 90s. Sony was in talks with Nintendo to bring it's disc-based system to Nintendo. Nintendo was interested because of the increased memory capacity of discs as opposed to a cartridge-based console. You can read about that here. 

With all of that being said (I know, it took too long to get to the point), considering the past relationship between Sony and Nintendo, and the current rivalry with Microsoft as a whole, I don't see Sony ever agreeing to this. So, I voted no because I think it is an unrealistic expectation.

Yeah, I know...I am of font of useless freaking knowledge! ? 

Not to be a stick in the mud, but for this game alone, with the staggering update releases between platforms, until it all becomes one unified release with patches, it will be a hard no.  2/3 of the playerbase could play together at one time (PC & PS4 by current update patterns) leaving the other left in the lurch because of processing out of the developers hands.  Even if it were to become a possibility,  I would still say no based on how the current community is.  Bad enough to deal with one platforms trolls and griefers, no need for two more waves of the same.

6 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

I think you'll have advantage by using keyboard and mouse. I have a PS4 and a PC and I play much better on PC, probably because I'm used to.

I disagree. There's nothing in this game that requires the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse. I play the game just fine with a controller and in fact feel it's the superior control method in this case for the simple reason I don't like that jog is on a button and selecting and using items is a lot easier on a controller. Keyboard and mouse I feel is really only truly better in Shooters and RTS. For most other genres, a controller works great and allows you to just kick back on your couch and play.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yup this is the reason we don't have it already.

That's not the main reason. The dev's have priority on the updates like Single-player, clothing system and new Jason/counselors which is in my opinion much more important than cross-play.

20 hours ago, DEATH said:

I disagree. There's nothing in this game that requires the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse. I play the game just fine with a controller and in fact feel it's the superior control method in this case for the simple reason I don't like that jog is on a button and selecting and using items is a lot easier on a controller. Keyboard and mouse I feel is really only truly better in Shooters and RTS. For most other genres, a controller works great and allows you to just kick back on your couch and play.

I actually based my opinion on the fact I can't shift-grab with controller. However, it's really easy with keyboard and mouse. Shifting in general seems easier with keyboard and mouse. But as I already said, I'm used to it, so it is different per person.

23 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

I heard Xbox are open to this idea, but Sony are being very tight about it.

Thats to my understanding too. While it sucks, i can understand Sony's position of not wanting too, they are winning the counsole race by a wide margin.  Why would they want to take away from that by making it where it no longer matters what system you buy.

15 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

Thats to my understanding too. While it sucks, i can understand Sony's position of not wanting too, they are winning the counsole race by a wide margin.  Why would they want to take away from that by making it where it no longer matters what system you buy.

I agree

On 9/3/2017 at 9:08 AM, HowAreYa said:

I actually based my opinion on the fact I can't shift-grab with controller. However, it's really easy with keyboard and mouse. Shifting in general seems easier with keyboard and mouse. But as I already said, I'm used to it, so it is different per person.

I see. Well I can do that just fine with a controller,  but I have taken to trying to do damage before going for the grab. It makes it a little more fun for me, because I feel it's too easy to get the shift grab and ends the game too quickly. Obviously it'll depend on what you're used to, but as someone who's pretty comfortable with both methods I can say a controller works just as well.

On 03/09/2017 at 5:20 PM, ryanmc564 said:

Except I'm not buying the PS5 if the Xbox "Two" has crossplay.

Would love to play with people on other consoles, however I think they should worry more about fixing the game and keeping the servers stable before anything else.

6 hours ago, AirMoons said:

Except I'm not buying the PS5 if the Xbox "Two" has crossplay.

I understand, but what would the Xbox crossplay with if it can't crossplay with playstation...... PC?

On 05/09/2017 at 3:49 PM, ryanmc564 said:

I understand, but what would the Xbox crossplay with if it can't crossplay with playstation...... PC?

Yes. Or Nintendo Switch, mobiles. It's not the only game where Sony refuses cross play, there is also Rocket League and Minecraft. And probably other games in the future. The only PS4 games that have cross play are Street Fighter V (they had to accept it to get the console exclusivity) and Disc Jam (game was dying), and it's with PC Only.

33 minutes ago, AirMoons said:

Yes. Or Nintendo Switch, mobiles. It's not the only game where Sony refuses cross play, there is also Rocket League and Minecraft. And probably other games in the future. The only PS4 games that have cross play are Street Fighter V (they had to accept it to get the console exclusivity) and Disc Jam (game was dying), and it's with PC Only.

dang, I completely forgot all about Nintendo. Good call.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:34 AM, Brigadius said:

For it to work all systems would need to run same version and be stable, and those are 2 things that this game isn't. 

Yeah. XB1 is currently running an older version still.

On the bright side I haven't dashboarded for a long ass time.

We'd love to do crossplay, but that's something that's up to first party if it ever occurs. A lot of devs are pushing for it, however. 

• Like 1