I ❤️ A.J.

Do you guys think you're good at this game?

On 9/2/2017 at 8:56 AM, DamonD7 said:

Good enough to know what I'm doing and try to play well with others. I'm no leet killer or anything, though.

I barely ever wipe out the counselor side and I've still never killed more than 6 (would've had 7 or all 8 one time but got disconnected when about to kill number seven...bah).

I feel like I have seen this once or twice for you... Haha

As Jason, I was definitely good before the recent patch because most matches would be a wipe or have 1 or 2 escapes at most. After patch, I am mediocre. For the first time in a long time the other day a full four seater got away from me. I was disappointed in myself.

As a counselor, I am awful with anyone that isn't a fixer. I could definitely work on my swing weapon game. I am typically good and finding and repairing items. Decent with a flare gun but have made some bad mistakes with the shorty. Wink wink. My window hop and run game isn't on par. If I am Bugzy or Vanessa, it isn't bad, but terrible with most others. I am a mediocre driver in my opinion. I have had some amazing dodges and off road drives, but not as consistently as I see other people do it.

I am good at knowing maps and directing people where they should take items. I am good at being a fair player and not spawn killing or using exploits. I typically have good communication so in those aspects I am alright. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

As Jason, I was definitely good before the recent patch because most matches would be a wipe or have 1 or 2 escapes at most. After patch, I am mediocre. For the first time in a long time the other day a full four seater got away from me. I was disappointed in myself.

1) As a counselor, I am awful with anyone that isn't a fixer. I could definitely work on my swing weapon game. I am typically good and finding and repairing items. Decent with a flare gun but have made some bad mistakes with the shorty. Wink wink. My window hop and run game isn't on par. If I am Bugzy or Vanessa, it isn't bad, but terrible with most others. 2) I am a mediocre driver in my opinion. I have had some amazing dodges and off road drives, but not as consistently as I see other people do it.

3) I am good at knowing maps and directing people where they should take items. I am good at being a fair player and not spawn killing or using exploits. I typically have good communication so in those aspects I am alright. 

1) Yup. Me too. I prefer to be directly useful not indirectly useful in-game.

2) Well move over and let me show you how it is NOT done. I'm the worst driver you'll meet in-game.:lol:

3) This too. Comes from being a fixer and having to ferry/fix things all the time.

• Like 1

I'm one of those people who like to help their teammates as much as posible. I only play Deborah, Vanessa and Buggzy.

My goal as Deborah is to repair everything as fast as posible, if I can.

My goal as Buggzy is to go directly to objectives and eat all of jason's traps. Even better if I manage to lure jason to me.

Vanessa is just my favorite. I usually just bring parts and try to fight jason as much as I can. I also try to make him waste time on me.

I guess there's a few things that will affect the outcome of a game which are out of your control. They will play in favor of Jason or against him depending on which side the coin flips. One of the first is Item spawn. I've been fortunate to escape in under two minutes because I spawned next to the car and in my first cabin I found Gas and keys and as I came out another counselor was bringing the battery so If Jason did his first morph to trap the phone then there's nothing he could've done about it no matter how good he was.

That being said here's my take on a "Good" player.

As Jason: Isolates Counselors and keeps them away from objectives as much as possible. Fixing awareness. A good Jason morphs a lot. A good Jason will never chase any counselor on a foot race before his shift comes up. I've played against Jason's who spend the first 2 or 3 minutes chasing me to only realize people are already escaping in the car.  Good Jasons us plenty of knives and never waste a bear trap on the driver seat of the car because its useless.

As counselors: Work as a team, they know their role and everyone else's role. (I was playing Lachappa the other day and some Buggzy dude grabbed the battery I tried to put it in the car even when I told him 10 times to give it to me, he ended up dying 1 minute later). Also the mindset, strength in numbers if grouped together good counselors don't run away from Jason and leave the guy fixing the car by himself to get killed, they cover his back. They use hiding spots in a smart way and they will sacrifice themselves to call the cops or put a battery so 4 or 5 can escape. And they have environmental awareness. For example if your going to the cops jogging in the middle of the street is probably your worst option yet bunch of people do it.

The ability of hitting Jason with Melee attacks every single time and thing like shifting (which I've seen dudes who shifts like a boos, Kudos to them) and mechanical stuff from the game don't can't become part of the discussion IMO because of game physics and connectivity.

I'm better as Jason than I am as a counselor. So far, I've had four matches where I've killed either 7/7 or 8/8. I typically get anywhere between 5 to 7 kills as Jason, very rarely is it below that. I'm proud of myself though, I've came a long way. This would've been a completely different story if we were discussing when I first started playing 

There is an interesting disconnect between my knowledge and my execution.

I think I am very knowledgable about the game. I know the meta, the starts, the moves, I just can't get it done properly.

I panic too easily as Jason. I set my traps and then I start the hunt, killing power as I go. Then a trap goes off and I morph to it. I chase a counselor until the knife me, then anouther trap goes off. Then I end up chasing the car around while they fix the phone. Then I miss everyone but one person leaving. I get my two kills. I get vapour locked on the deciding who to kill when and when to be ok that a trap sprung. I also seem to have the good fortune of finding the one Kenny who jukes like a Vanessa and chase them around for five minutes, even knowing it is wrong.

As a counselor it mainly comes down to my teammates. I am mediocre at the juke, but I get by. If I manage to get to the team early with enough survival stuff or objectives, I do alright. If I am in the middle of nowhere or spawn at the phone or car, I am toast.

• Like 1

I've decided to never focus on one annoying counselor again. Had one match where I got 1/8 because of literally one guy who had everything. Had another match where I ignored a similar play and got 7/8 instead of 1/8. Play smart I guess lol

1 minute ago, deathbat96777 said:

I've decided to never focus on one annoying counselor again. Had one match where I got 1/8 because of literally one guy who had everything. Had another match where I ignored a similar play and got 7/8 instead of 1/8. Play smart I guess lol

Yeah, I totally know it's wrong. Can't stop myself sometimes. The guy or girl just gives me that look you know? Something about them says COME AT ME BRO! And I come at them.

My brain is all like, dude, that was the fuse box going off. My lizard brain shoots back. just one more second.... one more second... one more second.... Shit he had two pocket knives. Ok now he is dead.... when did he get the damn flare gun? The cops are here. One more second..... one more second. Then my brain goes and makes a sandwich, cause it can't even.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Yeah, I totally know it's wrong. Can't stop myself sometimes. The guy or girl just gives me that look you know? Something about them says COME AT ME BRO! And I come at them.

My brain is all like, dude, that was the fuse box going off. My lizard brain shoots back. just one more second.... one more second... one more second.... Shit he had two pocket knives. Ok now he is dead.... when did he get the damn flare gun? The cops are here. One more second..... one more second. Then my brain goes and makes a sandwich, cause it can't even.

I wish I had sage advice to offer but I'm on my phone at work. I'll just say age and treachery will usually trump youth and exuberance. Don't rush. Just mentally checklist was must happen before you allow distractions. ?

On 9/2/2017 at 1:12 AM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

I don't really think I'm that good.

Although it doesn't happen a lot, it's not uncommon for me to be the first one to die as a counselor.

i really suck with swing weapons.  Like really suck.  It seems that every time I try a swing on Jason, it falls super short and I get grabbed as a result of it.

As Jason, I'm pretty good against random counselor's, but up against not even a great group, but a decent group of counselor's, I'll struggle to get kills.

In a full 8 player lobby, I don't get a perfect game.  Usually there's 1 or 2 who escape, and that's against an uncordinated group.  Up against a good group, I'll only get 2 or 3 kills.

The only thing I feel like I'm okay at is driving the car, and that's only cuz of the 4 or 5 few times I've actually driven the car, I've escaped.  Jason just usually missed stopping me.

I just don't think I'm very good.

Practice makes perfect 

13 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

As a counselor, I am awful with anyone that isn't a fixer. I could definitely work on my swing weapon game. I am typically good and finding and repairing items. Decent with a flare gun but have made some bad mistakes with the shorty. Wink wink. My window hop and run game isn't on par. If I am Bugzy or Vanessa, it isn't bad, but terrible with most others. I am a mediocre driver in my opinion. I have had some amazing dodges and off road drives, but not as consistently as I see other people do it.

I am good at knowing maps and directing people where they should take items. I am good at being a fair player and not spawn killing or using exploits. I typically have good communication so in those aspects I am alright. 

Pretty much all of this, except for the counselor portion. I feel I can play any counselor fairly well, except for Jenny, who is useless. I'll attribute that to playing random counselor after the first month of release. Really adds variety to the round-to-round play, too. I used to main fixers, but I've really been enjoying the runners lately. My favorite role to play is definitely protector though. I love being the person who knocks Jason on his ass so the group can get something fixed or escape. Every now and then you end up being a sacrifice...but that's ok too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Pretty much all of this, except for the counselor portion. I feel I can play any counselor fairly well, except for Jenny, who is useless. I'll attribute that to playing random counselor after the first month of release. Really adds variety to the round-to-round play, too. I used to main fixers, but I've really been enjoying the runners lately. My favorite role to play is definitely protector though. I love being the person who knocks Jason on his ass so the group can get something fixed or escape. Every now and then you end up being a sacrifice...but that's ok too.

This is exactly what I have been trying to get better at lately. I was doing random for a while, but kept getting Chad, Kenny and Jenny, all of which I am fairly bad with. I figured I help out other counselors more being AJ so I went back to her like a desperate ex-boyfriend. Take me back AJ!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is exactly what I have been trying to get better at lately. I was doing random for a while, but kept getting Chad, Kenny and Jenny, all of which I am fairly bad with. I figured I help out other counselors more being AJ so I went back to her like a desperate ex-boyfriend. Take me back AJ!

I've grown to love average-in-every-way Kenny. His balance definitely pays off at times. Chad works ok as a runner. If you're sneaky about it, you can get some good hits in on Jason, too. His 10/10 Luck seems to help in all kinds of random ways...

16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I've grown to love average-in-every-way Kenny. His balance definitely pays off at times. Chad works ok as a runner. If you're sneaky about it, you can get some good hits in on Jason, too. His 10/10 Luck seems to help in all kinds of random ways...

I've been trying to work a new. Kenny build. Start with map and spray and Walkie perk. Direct traffic and help everyone out and just avoid as long as I can. I don't mind sacrificing myself. 

Pit is what the head counselor should do.