24 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I've never bought into the whole "words hurt" mentality. It's soft thinking. The fact is words only have as much power as you give them. That said I don't much like talking to random strangers in general either, but if you're unwilling to even leave your comfort zone, then why play a game where communication with your team is almost essential? What if you die with keys? Since you can't even handle saying "I have the keys and I'm about to die."  You've now just screwed the rest of the team.

Look I get that people have issues, but maybe you should play games that cater to your problems instead of screwing everyone else over due to your hang ups.

Edit: For a little background, I've been diagnosed anti-social, narcissistic, schizoid personality. So yeah I got issues too.

i guess my response would be that, yeah, i totally get how not playing with a mic can cause issues BUT this game doesn't require you use one... or work as a team for that matter. even the devs mention lone wolfing it. team killers ruin games. people that play without mics just make things a bit more complicated depending on your play style. 

besides, unless you have a walkie, the only people that will hear you yelling out part locations are those in close proximity to you. i often find myself dying alone. nevermind people in party chat, people that have you muted or those that straight up just don't have their sound on. i don't think it's a big deal in that respect, at least.  

as far as words not hurting, as someone that works in the mental health field, I'd say it's great that you have the ability to just not let words bother you, but that's not how most people function. when it comes down to it, for people like myself (and I'm guessing the OP) the issue is anxiety, not necessarily the mean things people say. hostility can easily trigger anxiety. anxiety isn't rational. without proper coping techniques, a person suffering from anxiety doesn't have the ability to step back and say "screw these guys. they're dicks" or "i'm just gonna get on the mic and shoot the shit today."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PrestonDelRey said:

I know people hate it when people don't use their mics, I get it. But me personally, I've had social anxiety since I can remember. The first time I talked online I had such a bad anxiety attack I almost passed out. I know people can't see me but it still gives me awful anxiety for some reason. And I'm not trying to sound like a pussy, but sometimes it hurts when people say awful things to me because I'm not using a Mic. I've had people say I'm retarded, worthless, trash, and even told me to kill myself just because I'm not talking. I like to enjoy the game and talking makes it less enjoyable for me. And I'm actually getting therapy for my anxiety this Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe once I get my anxiety under control, i'll have the guts to speak online.  But that's just my story, even though it's personal it's still the truth. Hope you guys understand.

It take a tremendous level of courage to speak about your anxiety. It is good that you are working through it. I wish you the best of luck, and continued enjoyment of the game as well.

14 hours ago, Absurd Boy said:

Hey man. I have anxiety and panic attacks as well. You aren't alone buddy. Also the community is trash anyways. I prefer not to use my mic cause I'm so damn tired from work/school. Like I don't have the energy for it! What I do is go into Quick play. It's not as bad as everyone says. And you're not alone in this man, I know how you feel.

Work and school, and you still have the energy to play? Nice! :)

6 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

My issue is a little bit different. I dont nescessarily have trouble talking to people. I am a private person though and my thing is i feel like others are eavesdropping on my conversation and i dont like that. Its like if your talking to someone on the phone, would you want several people to be on the other end listening? thats my only issue

There are a lot of private people in-game. I agree with you on the eavesdropping feel at times. I once played a quick match and someone had a disagreement with their girlfriend in the background. After that, players were giving him a hard time about it, and he rage quit.

2 hours ago, Archgamer said:

I don't usually use the mic because I tend to play better when I'm not talking. That's just the way it is for me. I turn it on only when absolutely necessary such as if I want the player to drop the battery or help me guard the car.

I once heard a guy snoring on the mic. He must have been on for so long.

People falling asleep at the mic. it happens more than you think...

4 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

Same feeling man, before the game came out I never used to talk online until I came across some players on the game who started to invite me to parties, that's where I started to grow my confidence to speak to others on the game (if I really have to).

Confidence can come from putting yourself out there. :)

4 hours ago, matisangry said:

dude... tons of anxiety /panic attacks here. i play with or without my mic depending on my level of anxiety and how social I'm feeling. if a lobby seems to be populated with people that are being cool with one another, i usually don't have a problem at least using a mic to complete objectives. once in awhile I'll feel a bit more outgoing and chat with people. not too often, though. it helps to remember that these people don't know you and you'll likely never run in to them again. hell, they've probably forgotten your name within 30 seconds of leaving the lobby. 

always mute the jerks. as soon as you start talking shit (or blaring your crappy mumble rap) ya muted, son! 

i get non-mic'rs can make things a bit more challenging but each player is allowed to play the game however they want. if someone has that big of a problem with people not using mics, they can go find another lobby. 

the people that name call and bully are sad and unhappy losers that only fell good when they make people feel as shitty about themselves as they do. 

good for you, starting therapy. it works wonders if you put in the time.

Players have a short attention span. A bad experience is quickly forgotten, when they move onto another lobby, and have a memorable match with other players.

1 minute ago, matisangry said:

i guess my response would be that, yeah, i totally get how not playing with a mic can cause issues BUT this game doesn't require you use one... or work as a team for that matter. even the devs mention lone wolfing it. team killers ruin games. people that play without mics just make things a bit more complicated depending on your play style. 

besides, unless you have a walkie, the only people that will hear you yelling out part locations are those in close proximity to you. i often find myself dying alone. nevermind people in party chat, people that have you muted or those that straight up just don't have their sound on. i don't think it's a big deal on that respect, at least.  

as far as words not hurting, as someone that works in the mental health field, I'd say it's great that you have the ability to just not let words bother you, but that's not how most people function. when it comes down to it, for people like myself (and I'm guessing the OP) the issue is anxiety, not necessarily the mean things people say. hostility can easily trigger anxiety. anxiety isn't rational. without proper coping techniques, a person suffering from anxiety doesn't have the ability to step back and say "screw these guys. they're dicks" or "i'm just gonna get on the mic and shoot the shit today."

It's always nice to have encouraging words from someone in the field of mental health. :)

15 hours ago, PrestonDelRey said:

I know people hate it when people don't use their mics, I get it. But me personally, I've had social anxiety since I can remember. The first time I talked online I had such a bad anxiety attack I almost passed out. I know people can't see me but it still gives me awful anxiety for some reason. And I'm not trying to sound like a pussy, but sometimes it hurts when people say awful things to me because I'm not using a Mic. I've had people say I'm retarded, worthless, trash, and even told me to kill myself just because I'm not talking. I like to enjoy the game and talking makes it less enjoyable for me. And I'm actually getting therapy for my anxiety this Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe once I get my anxiety under control, i'll have the guts to speak online.  But that's just my story, even though it's personal it's still the truth. Hope you guys understand. :)

I hear ya it's tough! I'm a big boy older dude and sometimes I get a young little guy that laughs at me and gives me anxiety lol 

5 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I hear ya it's tough! I'm a big boy older dude and sometimes I get a young little guy that laughs at me and gives me anxiety lol 

I'd like to assume that wasn't pointed mockery, but it read a little like it.

36 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'd like to assume that wasn't pointed mockery, but it read a little like it.

No no no not at all I sometimes get young kids that try telling me I'm a noob for owning Savini jason or sometimes I promote my twitch channel out loud and kids laugh and try telling me I'm a stupid streamer and twitch is dead which makes absolutely no sense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

No no no not at all I sometimes get young kids that try telling me I'm a noob for owning Savini jason or sometimes I promote my twitch channel out loud and kids laugh and try telling me I'm a stupid streamer and twitch is dead which makes absolutely no sense 

I got you. My apologies for the misunderstanding.:)

• Like 1

Then you will be kicked out of my lobby and many others. Thats just the way it is..  many people like myself prefer to play with people that use their mic.

4 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Then you will be kicked out of my lobby and many others. Thats just the way it is..  many people like myself prefer to play with people that use their mic.

why this? 

why say anything at all? 

dude is here talking about some serious shit and people feel the need to be salty jerks. 

knock it off. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Wow. 

I have never used a mic. If the game REQUIRED a mic.. I guess I would. I've personally never have seen anyone kicked from a lobby for having no mic. 

Judging one for not using a mic is pretty crappy. MOO. 

seriously. if someone wants to host private matches and require mics, by all means, go for it...  but there's no reason to be a dick about people not using mics. especially in a thread where the OP attributes his lack of mic use to something like social anxiety. that shit sucks. 

no need for hyperbole, either. I've never been kicked for opting out of using my mic in private matches and in public matches i could probably count on my hands how many times someone has entered a lobby and then left because no one had mics. 

I'm not looking to start some nasty back and forth. i just don't get why people are dicks to each other here. this is a small community and being cool with one another is the only way it'll last. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, matisangry said:

seriously. if someone wants to host private matches and require mics, by all means, go for it...  but there's no reason to be a dick about people not using mics. especially in a thread where the OP attributes his lack of mic use to something like social anxiety. that shit sucks. 

no need for hyperbole, either. I've never been kicked for opting out of using my mic in private matches and in public matches i could probably count on my hands how many times someone has entered a lobby and then left because no one had mics. 

I'm not looking to start some nasty back and forth. i just don't get why people are dicks to each other here. this is a small community and being cool with one another is the only way it'll last. 

This 100%

3 hours ago, chaosguy67 said:

Yea I've ran into some real ignorant people such as this,  sorry but gotta call it how I see it,  make a mic only lobby instead of being rude to someone.  I remember a few days I just didn't feel like using mine or son borrowed mine and get cussed at or some rude garbage for not having one. Not cool at all

I'd just like to say that even though I don't use a Mic, I'm still a pretty good team player. If Jason is going towards a group, than ill try my best to lead him away. Many Times I've fixed the four seater myself and picked everyone up even if they're across the map and there's a chance I'll die. If I have time then I'll message a player.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

I'd just like to say that even though I don't use a Mic, I'm still a pretty good team player. If Jason is going towards a group, than ill try my best to lead him away. Many Times I've fixed the four seater myself and picked everyone up even if they're across the map and there's a chance I'll die. If I have time then I'll message a player.

when i go mic-less i tend to sacrifice myself or put myself in harm's way more, i think, to show people I'm a team player and i know what I'm doing (sorta.) 

On 02/09/2017 at 3:31 PM, PrestonDelRey said:

I know people hate it when people don't use their mics, I get it. But me personally, I've had social anxiety since I can remember. The first time I talked online I had such a bad anxiety attack I almost passed out. I know people can't see me but it still gives me awful anxiety for some reason. And I'm not trying to sound like a pussy, but sometimes it hurts when people say awful things to me because I'm not using a Mic. I've had people say I'm retarded, worthless, trash, and even told me to kill myself just because I'm not talking. I like to enjoy the game and talking makes it less enjoyable for me. And I'm actually getting therapy for my anxiety this Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe once I get my anxiety under control, i'll have the guts to speak online.  But that's just my story, even though it's personal it's still the truth. Hope you guys understand. :)

I sometimes don't use my mic because I'm scared I'm gonna sexually harassed 

I only speak when its necessary.. like someone asking where the fuse box is etc. It has to be sorta objective specific otherwise im silent.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 4:19 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

I just played a match were Jason started to cry the entire 20 minutes.

The little boy thought a woman in the lobby was mad at them for spawn killing her at the start.

First time I have ever heard anyone cry over the mic on Xbox Live.

This is exactly why children don't need to be playing Friday The 13th.

It was weird watching Jason kill everyone while crying.

I completely understand why some players don't want to use a mic.

WHAT lol im sorry i just cant XD. But being serious here like you really cant be Jason and crying all over the map chasing someone. Like that really kills the mood of the game and could make a counselor feel so bad that they would volunteer and let Jason kill them."O im sorry little kid that you are crying,would you like for me to let you kill me? would that make you feel better?"

hey man – I understand the anxiety, so don't worry about using your mic. But you should still try to work with other people in the game. Whenever I find someone who doesn't have a mic but they are near me I always try and encourage them to work with me. I call them by "silent Buddy".  I stick with them and we work together and if Jason comes I try to be the one who gets to him first so my buddy can get away.  I've met some good friends that way.  For me it's not just about winning the game – it's about working with people. So don't always assume those people with mica are bad people. Some of us are totally cool and accept you for who you are.  ?

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 4:38 PM, PrestonDelRey said:

Lmao

But I've sexually harassed at of times in this I just leave or mute if I'm playing with my friends it's cause they yell it whoever did it

18 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

But I've sexually harassed at of times in this I just leave or mute if I'm playing with my friends it's cause they yell it whoever did it

I know it doesn't help much, but try to remember that the crap those people are saying is nothing but empty air. Most of them are insecure little boys (no matter what age they are), that feel threatened by a female playing the game. They think videogaming is "man's territory", and they are probably just salty because you are out-playing them. You should really pity them more than be scared of what stupid shit they are going to say.

It's great that you've got friends that have your back when somebody acts stupid. Kudos to them. ?

21 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I know it doesn't help much, but just remember that the crap those people are saying is just empty air. Most of them are just insecure little boys (no matter what age they are), that feel threatened by a female playing the game. They think videogaming is "man's territory", and they are probably just salty because you are out-playing them. You should really pity them more than be scared of what stupid shit they are going to say.

It's great that you've got friends that have your back when somebody acts stupid. Kudos to them. ?

Thanks and I'm very happy for my friends when my friends were it was 5 of us 3 of them boys 2 of us girls and when she started yelling at him he said why don't you two send me a video of you to doing the nasty I was like I'm not a lesbian ( if your a lesbian Idc) and my boyfriend was in the lobby started yelling at the kid and we just left

13 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Thanks and I'm very for my friends when my friends were it was 5 of us 3 of them boys 2 of us girls and when she started yelling at him he said why don't you two send me a video of you to doing the nasty I was like I'm not a lesbian ( if your a lesbian Idc) and my boyfriend was in the lobby started yelling at the kid and we just left

I thought you were joking. Sorry for laughing.