JohnnyKapow

Perk question (pocket knives)

Just curious if there is already, or soon to be added, a perk that enables you to start with a pocket knife. I already start with a walkie talkie, and today I just rolled an epic perk to start with firecrackers and increase their stun radius. 

That's what got me thinking about the knives. As well as the fact that I find one pocket knife for every 15 matches I play, but when I'm Jason it seems that everyone has visited the pocket knife emporium prior to attending the camp. 

I have my spawn preference set to Counsellor and I think part of it is because I hate getting knifed in the neck when I'm expecting to make a kill. That, and I don't like having so many deep rooted mommy issues. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Just curious if there is already, or soon to be added, a perk that enables you to start with a pocket knife. I already start with a walkie talkie, and today I just rolled an epic perk to start with firecrackers and increase their stun radius. 

That's what got me thinking about the knives. As well as the fact that I find one pocket knife for every 15 matches I play, but when I'm Jason it seems that everyone has visited the pocket knife emporium prior to attending the camp. 

I have my spawn preference set to Counsellor and I think part of it is because I hate getting knifed in the neck when I'm expecting to make a kill. That, and I don't like having so many deep rooted mommy issues. 

There isn't a perk to start with a pocket knife. I doubt they will ever implement for the very reasons you stated for hating playing as Jason. Well, except for the Mommy issues. :lol: It is actually pretty easy for counselors to survive and escape, especially on the smaller maps, now. If this perk existed, everyone would have it, and I think that it would be too OP for the counselors. Of course, those are just my thoughts on the subject.

na we dont need a pocket knife perk to have in the start of the game because if everyone had it then lots of players would not be afraid of Jason and Jason would be a hack and slash Jason because he would think everyone would have one

I hope they dont add a pocket knife perk.If everyone had a perk that give you a pocket knife then their 3 slots would probably hold  Thick skin,double medic,Pocket knife

Firecrackers are already bad enough. We don't need anymore counselor buffs. We need Jason buffs.

In fact why don't Jason have his own set of perks? Why do the counselors get all the toys?

38 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Guantee this would turn every Jason into a hacker. You would never see a grab kill again :) 

lmao Thats what it did to me as a jason player.  now I'll hack until they limp then grab so if a pocket knife triggers they wont get too far.... unless they have a spray >.>

2 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Guantee this would turn every Jason into a hacker. You would never see a grab kill again :) 

I would 

2 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Firecrackers are already bad enough. We don't need anymore counselor buffs. We need Jason buffs.

In fact why don't Jason have his own set of perks? Why do the counselors get all the toys?

THIS.

Jason needs to have perks.  Because he has four abilities I think ONE perk of his choice would be sufficient.  This would also add a nice random factor to the game.

Imagine a Jason perk...

*BLOCK POCKETKNIFE

*FLATTEN CAR TIRES

*SINK BOAT

*CHOP DOWN DOOR WITH ONE HIT

*ROPE SNARE

Etc...

M.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wick said:

Hell no. They need to reduce the amount of pocket knives on the maps to begin with. 

LMAO. You really don't want the counselors to have the slightest bit of chance of survival, do you?

I wouldn't mind it. I rarely find pocket knives. What about if only Tommy Jarvis starts with a pocket knife? That seems like a great compromise.

3 hours ago, John Wick said:

Hell no. They need to reduce the amount of pocket knives on the maps to begin with. 

I agree, there are way to many pocket knives as it is now, hasn't Jason been nerf'ed enough , the counslers are way to overpowered .

1 hour ago, LateNightMike said:

THIS.

Jason needs to have perks.  Because he has four abilities I think ONE perk of his choice would be sufficient.  This would also add a nice random factor to the game.

Imagine a Jason perk...

*BLOCK POCKETKNIFE

*FLATTEN CAR TIRES

*SINK BOAT

*CHOP DOWN DOOR WITH ONE HIT

*ROPE SNARE

Etc...

M.

Also let's add in neigh able to push a couch, bench etc out of the way, how about those pesky small fences you can no longer chop through.

4 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

LMAO. You really don't want the counselors to have the slightest bit of chance of survival, do you?

I have been playing this game on Xbox since the first week (well once it started to work) and in that time I have seen the average kills of most Jason go from the 100-75% range to 50% and lower.  The skill of counselors has improved: people know the maps, they know how to drive the car (off road for God's sake), and in large well-armed groups they can keep Jason busy while a majority escape.  Jason isn't the be all end all that he truly should be because there haven't been improvements for Jason...heck...he has gone backwards it takes about 9 chops to get through a barricaded door now.  :)

M.

1 minute ago, LateNightMike said:

I have been playing this game on Xbox since the first week (well once it started to work) and in that time I have seen the average kills of most Jason go from the 100-75% range to 50% and lower.  The skill of counselors has improved: people know the maps, they know how to drive the car (off road for God's sake), and in large well-armed groups they can keep Jason busy while a majority escape.  Jason isn't the be all end all that he truly should be because there haven't been improvements for Jason...heck...he has gone backwards it takes about 9 chops to get through a barricaded door now.  :)

M.

Oh, I know. :P I just thought the idea that there were too many pocket knives available for counselors was absurd and kind of whiney, lol. I mean, we need to disable traps silently to get the cops going or to escape a grab. 

Elite Jason's will hack until the counselor is hobbling, pause to see if they have a health spray, grab (or hack away until certain death) and if they have a pocket knife...the counselor isn't getting far. :o:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Oh, I know. :P I just thought the idea that there were too many pocket knives available for counselors was absurd and kind of whiney, lol. I mean, we need to disable traps silently to get the cops going or to escape a grab. 

Elite Jason's will hack until the counselor is hobbling, pause to see if they have a health spray, grab (or hack away until certain death) and if they have a pocket knife...the counselor isn't getting far. :o:ph34r:

Ever been in a game where a new player is Jason against 8 trained counselors...?  It's embarrassing for Jason.

That is a perfect example that the game isn't truly evened out at all because the counselors have improved in the game (and with skill from playing) and Jason is exactly the same.  Counselors unlock abilities to get stronger.  Jason unlocks kills...and is the same.

At this rate in a year most Jasons will be lucky to get 25% kills in a game...or people will move on out of frustration.

Heck, I'm not even that great of a player but in the past two weeks I die maybe 25%-35% of the time...usually from being cocky and trying to fix the car or phone at a bad time.  If I don't do that I will survive.  Period.  And I see people play as counselors who are far better than me...assemble a car in under two minutes, drive through the woods, run circles around Jason, etc...

M.

4 minutes ago, LateNightMike said:

Ever been in a game where a new player is Jason against 8 trained counselors...?  It's embarrassing for Jason.

That is a perfect example that the game isn't truly evened out at all because the counselors have improved in the game (and with skill from playing) and Jason is exactly the same.  Counselors unlock abilities to get stronger.  Jason unlocks kills...and is the same.

At this rate in a year most Jasons will be lucky to get 25% kills in a game...or people will move on out of frustration.

Heck, I'm not even that great of a player but in the past two weeks I die maybe 25%-35% of the time...usually from being cocky and trying to fix the car or phone at a bad time.  If I don't do that I will survive.  Period.  And I see people play as counselors who are far better than me...assemble a car in under two minutes, drive through the woods, run circles around Jason, etc...

M.

Who are these Jason players that don't immediatly trap the phone and car? :lol:

Yeah, I hear you and understand your point. However, as these new Jason players level up, they will realize that at his core Jason will always be OP/have the advantage. Just maintain the objective points and pursue when necessary. When he is surrounded by counselors at a car he can block all the attacks (minus fire crackers and guns) and either counter attack and widdle them down until they seperate or wait until their weapons break. It just takes 1 or 2 missteps from a team of good counselors for things to go south.

It's def not easy for Jason against a good team, but I am not having this narrative that he is "under powered" or severely nerfed compared to counselors. #MorePocketKnivesPlease

Hell to the no on a pocket knife perk. It will kill the balance and Jason players will just chop everyone to death knowing that most counselors will not only start with one but will also most likely find one while scavenging.