I spoke about this before but no one saw post so here we gooooo

in f13 the game people played since launch have made there ways to max level and for what a bunch of clothes yep that are dull and just boring  i believe when players reach level 40 they should unlock ranked play a gamemode with shortened time to 10 minuets where the best of the best try to survive also these rounds give more credits per ranked game I hope you agree.

another idea I had was if players talked in game they get bonus credits this will make the game more social and fun for everyone

-lego

Haha, best of the best? Being level 40 don't mean shit. Hell, level 101s can still suck. I know a few people who have driven for over 30yrs, and they're still a danger to themselves and those around them. Sometimes for some people, practise doesn't make perfect.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Haha, best of the best? Being level 40 don't mean shit. Hell, level 101s can still suck. I know a few people who have driven for over 30yrs, and they're still a danger to themselves and those around them. Sometimes for some people, practise doesn't make perfect.

I'm not level 101 and I drive really good 

20 hours ago, CaptainLego said:

I spoke about this before but no one saw post so here we gooooo

in f13 the game people played since launch have made there ways to max level and for what a bunch of clothes yep that are dull and just boring  i believe when players reach level 40 they should unlock ranked play a gamemode with shortened time to 10 minuets where the best of the best try to survive also these rounds give more credits per ranked game I hope you agree.

another idea I had was if players talked in game they get bonus credits this will make the game more social and fun for everyone

-lego

Maybe for 101

I can't get behind any idea that divides the player base.  As much as a subset really wants to think of this game as some sort of e-sport it really isn't.  Everything about it is casual in nature, and I would be disappointed if it stopped to be so.

I'm a moderately capable Jason in most matches I get chosen to play as him, there are some that I don't make any mistakes and the RNG gods are always smiling at me in which I shine, and there are matches where I miss 9/10 shift grabs, put the trap on the gas tank too off center, and the keys, battery, and gas can spawn within 15 feet of the four seater.  In those matches I'm thankful when people don't laugh at me.  I imagine I'll be just as decent or bad whether I'm level 40 or level 101.  The only thing the level is going to show is how much I enjoyed the game.

Long story short, I respectfully disagree on pretty much all points.  A high level alone does not equal a "pro" player and any attempts to divide the player base into camps is detrimental to the overall health of the game.

• Like 2

Last thing this game needs is to introduce an element that fosters even more toxicity in the community. There are enough salty, try-harding, rage-quitting, exploiting, body-blocking, tea-bagging trolls as it is. If they were to introduce an element of ranking/competition, this game would rapidly devolve into a complete cesspool, IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pitchfork said:

I can't get behind any idea that divides the player base.  As much as a subset really wants to think of this game as some sort of e-sport it really isn't.  Everything about it is casual in nature, and I would be disappointed if it stopped to be so.

I'm a moderately capable Jason in most matches I get chosen to play as him, there are some that I don't make any mistakes and the RNG gods are always smiling at me in which I shine, and there are matches where I miss 9/10 shift grabs, put the trap on the gas tank too off center, and the keys, battery, and gas can spawn within 15 feet of the four seater.  In those matches I'm thankful when people don't laugh at me.  I imagine I'll be just as decent or bad whether I'm level 40 or level 101.  The only thing the level is going to show is how much I enjoyed the game.

Long story short, I respectfully disagree on pretty much all points.  A high level alone does not equal a "pro" player and any attempts to divide the player base into camps is detrimental to the overall health of the game.

I honestly don't understand the anti-competitive attitude I see so often on these forums. Immediately everyone jumps to e-sports comparisons when in reality that is completely jumping the gun. Some people just like competing, testing their skills against the best players, particularly when it's helping them improve. There's no reward in winning against low-level, inexperienced players. Playing against people either at or above your level makes for a much better experience. When I say level, I'm not talking about numbers, but measurable skill.

What I'm seeing on this forum is casual players demanding this game be casual-only, when it's not the other way around. No competitive player is shouting for the game to be competitive only. Players just want options. I see nothing wrong with a ranked system which could be decided on a number of factors, and something for those so inclined to work towards. Currently there is nothing other than some meaningless badges and clothing. 

What very few people on these forums realise is that, in any game, the competitive side of it is the one that keeps it alive. Casual players are fickle and constantly come and go, but the ones who dedicate time to really learning it and doing well at it are the reason that games continue to be played and supported - and they need an outlet. I am not saying the game needs to be ranked-centric at all, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to include something of the sort, to appeal to a portion of the player base that would be excited for it. 

And just a question for those who are against seeing this game in anything related to a competitive setting:

Do you like watching streams of the game with good, entertaining players?

If the answer is yes, and if you do it on a regular basis already, then what would be the difference if it was in a competitive setting? Just because it's not what the developers intended, doesn't mean it wouldn't work. You can't stop people playing it that way if that's what they want to do. The 1v7 element is no different than a team in any game working to defeat one OP enemy. You can view the RNG element of it as a positive in that players need to constantly adapt to their surroundings and use what is at their disposal in the current match, instead of a guaranteed strategy. That's where the real, consistent degree of skill comes in. 

That's my opinion on it in response to everyone who is trying to force this game to be a one-sided casual-only experience. Lastly, all of those variables you mentioned in your matches could be either improved, countered or used to your advantage. It's all about adapting to the current match.

TL;DR - there is nothing wrong with playing games competively or casually, and nothing wrong with giving people options to play as they like. Competitive players are an important part of any game and would do well with an outlet in this one. 

• Like 1

Apparently you missed point about our toxic community. I mean come on, we already have people rage quitting for odd reasons. It could be because they aren't being chosen play Jason or if a Jason they don't like is being chosen or if they get killed. And that's just to name a few. Some, on the other hand, commit suicide to rob Jason of points while they still get theirs for simply existing in the map. You really think your ranking system is going to help this game? A ranking system will only kill the playerbase.

7 hours ago, pitchfork said:

Again, competitive =!= esports.

Competitive = competition = who's the best
Esports = money = ads = big production.

F13 is a casual game, but there are competitions in casual games, so why not this one?

Even without a ranked mode, a ladder would be great (total XP, % kills, % escape) so players would have an incentive to play more, to have a better rank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kannon Blasphemy said:

Apparently you missed point about our toxic community. I mean come on, we already have people rage quitting for odd reasons. It could be because they aren't being chosen play Jason or if a Jason they don't like is being chosen or if they get killed. And that's just to name a few. Some, on the other hand, commit suicide to rob Jason of points while they still get theirs for simply existing in the map. You really think your ranking system is going to help this game? A ranking system will only kill the playerbase.

I don't see how anything you wrote relates to a ranked/ladder system "killing" the player base. How is rage quitting or suicide meant to move you up the ranks? What are you basing this on?

Rage quitting and other bad behaviour, frustrated community and lack of incentive to play will kill the player base all on its own. At least introducing a competitive aspect to the game in some form will provide more incentive to stick with it, particularly for those who are interested in deeper gameplay and being the best they can at it.

The most technical details we know about the game were brought to us by competitively-minded players through in-depth research. A lot of people shunned these players on the forum, however learnt and applied their research just the same. It's a bit hypocritical. People being against the competitive mindset yet are fine with milking it for their own "casual" purposes, all the while sticking their middle finger up to those who actually put in the work.

My feelings on it are a game either grows and progresses from pure fun to deeper gameplay, or it becomes stale and dies. Once the novelty of it all wears off, your bikinis and speedos, emotes or whatever new short-lived feature is next, what is left? Just the gameplay. Take away the context of survival horror and what is the true nature of the game? Strategy. That is what should be promoted and encouraged for the game to live on, and the best way to promote it is through competitive playing. I would like to see this community embrace the competitive aspect, not repel it. Because by pushing it away you are not doing any favours for the game's longevity.

15 hours ago, AirMoons said:

Even without a ranked mode, a ladder would be great (total XP, % kills, % escape) so players would have an incentive to play exploit more, to have a better rank.

FTFY

@Tommy86

I just reached level 90. Will be level 101...soon. :lol:

XP will not matter anymore. I have read the CP you get is very low at max level. Not much reason to continue after Level 101.

I would like to see some new game modes added to game or something to keep my interest.

A prestige mode to would be nice. Add a new symbol, badge or star or something next to your name every time you max out at 101.

Maybe add in some unlockables that you can only get at level 101. New Jason skins, counselor outfits, special emotes. Maybe even a new playable Jason and counselor.

Friday the 13th was never developed to be a competitive game.

If I did join a new competitive "ranked" mode. I wait in the lobby for a few minutes. I wait for the loading screens. I wait for the Jason kill intro. I spawn in and I am at the phone box.

god_help_half_baked.gif

Manhattan.gif

giphy.gif

*RAGE QUIT* :lol:

That does not feel very competitive to me.

1% of the time you get lucky and and spawn with the fuse, gas, battery, propellor, 20 pocket knives, 20 firecrackers, bats for days and 20 pamela tapes in 1 cabin.

99% of the time you get a bad spawn and get instantly destroyed by Jason.

The RNG is too random, too many bugs, not really balanced enough to ever be a true competitive game.

I am not against the idea of having a mode for more experienced players that does not allow party chat, text messaging, or third party apps. Game chat only. Mic required.

First they need to fix Quick play. To be honest on Xbox One and PS4 it's a nightmare to try to join a lobby that is not empty.

On Xbox One I am forced to use Looking For Group posts to quickly find a private match that still allows team killing.

I don't know what PS4 players are doing right now. Losing their minds or lurking the forum waiting for a new "hot fix". :lol:

kpxvqrfu06flqxynxqwj.gif

@GhostWolfViking

Respect the gifs :D

I agree with everything you're saying. The level of RNG in this game can put you in position for an easy win, or a crushing loss from the get go. That in itself is evidence enough that F13 was not developed to be a competitive game, and the devs saying it themselves really drives the nail into the coffin.

However, that is not to say it wouldn't work. Like I said, I do agree with what you've written, but I believe it is in the context of solo / lone wolf gameplay. When I think of competitive play in this game, I always imagine a team-based approach. Advanced, team-based strategy, with everyone communicating and working together excites me for the possibilities. Likewise, the strategic ways the Jason player would counter is also exciting to think of. Each match is unique in this game and that is a good thing, it makes the prospect of competitive play very interesting.

I think there is a whole other side to this game, high-level gameplay that isn't exploitative but creative. I do think there is more to this game than the simple experience it was designed to provide. And I would definitely love to see players delving into the advanced side of it, and embracing more than what's on the surface.

Again I agree of course that basic functions of the game like connectivity need to be not only fixed, but perfected before any progress in this area can happen.

• Like 2

RNG may be random on a single match, but it will even out on a big amount of matches.

Poker has a lot of randomness in it, yet it is a competitive game.

We have no intention of adding any sort of competitive play. Not much we can do here, unfortunately :/ 

^That.

Plus, being Rank 40 pretty much means nothing, people from 101 could also act like a Rank 1 player. I'm currently rank 72, but honestly, I'm not sure how a Competive Version of the current game could play out. (Unless everyone is Jason and everyone hack and slashes each other to death until the last Jason standing is alive. Which he then gets to do Jimmy's dance while everyone spectates it for the remaining time of the match.) 

If you are in a lobby where conslers are trying to escape. You are NOT in a Comp Lobby.

if you are in a lobby where the Jason is happy he didnt die, You ARE in a Comp Lobby.

IF a new game mode were to be implemented I'd imagine it would be more along the lines of the following:

Name: Jason Must Die

Optional: Instead of there being a need to call him a random person is selected to be Tommy Jarvis at the start.

Details:

Jason prevails as soon as Tommy Jarvis is defeated. This objective makes it imperative that players work together.

Jason prevails if all counselors are defeated. 

No option for escape. No cars, boat, or police. 

The only way of escape is to survive the night (running out the clock).

Just an idea that has has been tossed around the house.