Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Team Killing/Friendly Fire, Lets bring it back (Poll)

Bring Back Team Killing - With some fixes  

147 members have voted

  1. 1. Should they bring back Team Killing (if they added something like a kick for killing more than 1 player, or marking you for death by other players after doing so)

    • Yes, Please bring back Team Killing for Public Matchs (But make some fixes)
    • No, We are fine with the new changes.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Friendly fire was one of the most underrated core reasons that indirectly made Jason a stronger threat when he arrived and it also made playing counselors more challenging. During the friendly fire era, you couldn't just gather up like a pack of sardines and start mindlessly swinging with no care for the direction of your fire like you can currently in this botched up version of 'Friday the 13th: The Pinata'. Friendly Fire being an element of the game forced you to play better as the counselor, it forced you to have better aim, it forced you to have stronger team mate awareness, and it forced you to create and play off better positioning as a team. And in the same playing field, Jason could also utilize friendly fire by swerving in a defensive direction towards other counselors to create bait & panic situations, which sometimes would fluster counselors into accidentally hitting one another. Split moments like these would often give the Jason player the opportunity to strike or make a move that he could capitalize on when up against groups.

The problem was never Friendly Fire on it's own, the problem was the way that Gunmedia executed it that made it not fun to play against. It wasn't fun when you had a bitter troll trying to kill the team secretly one by one, and it also most definitely wasn't fun on the Jason side of things when your kills were stolen from grievers with shotguns and the likes. 

 

So here is the proposal of how Gunmedia can re-introduce Friendly Fire to the game, while also severely limiting the troll and anti-Jason kill steals.

Friendly Fire:

  • Counselors can no longer be killed by another counselor with a melee weapon (the finishing blow can only be performed by Jason)
  • Shotguns no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Counselor placed bear traps no longer can kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Cars no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just knock them down and then when they get up, they will be in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Suicide can no longer be performed by windows or second story jumps. It will just whittle your health down to lowest possible number.
  • Any counselor who makes another counselor enter "cripple" state (except for bear traps) will receive the -500 penalty that "Betrayal" currently has at the end of the match.

Mr. Blonde, thank you for being the only person who has ever explained the reason that friendly fire even existed in this game to me (everyone else just says it sucks that it’s gone or it was “there for a reason” but that does not explain anything at all).  And for being the only person to articulate why it is an important element as well as coming up with viable solutions to making it effective while not totally giving over to the idiot troll team killers out there.  

Hopefully someone will see your comment and consider using these ideas. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say bring it back. Hell, maybe running from troll counselors armed with a machete will actually make the game fun again. Because now you won’t know who the real killer is. Turns out it was Tiffany all along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Gunmedia didn't do anything to stop trolling. Trolling is still a thing and it completely ruins the match far easier now because while the trolls have less options to choose from when it comes to trolling, the options they have access to are way more potent at ruining games than the Friendly Fire five-minute long melee battles were.

So basically trolling is still a thing, and it's never going to go any where when it comes to playing online games with random strangers.

Once you understand this, you can stop shutting down any and all ideas that make Friday the 13th: a better game because "a troll might do this, or that".

This wouldn't make f13 a better game.  It would change the mechanics to much and made multiple killers.  Jason movies only had 1 slasher per movie (minus new blood).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Friendly fire was one of the most underrated core reasons that indirectly made Jason a stronger threat when he arrived and it also made playing counselors more challenging. During the friendly fire era, you couldn't just gather up like a pack of sardines and start mindlessly swinging with no care for the direction of your fire like you can currently in this botched up version of 'Friday the 13th: The Pinata'. Friendly Fire being an element of the game forced you to play better as the counselor, it forced you to have better aim, it forced you to have stronger team mate awareness, and it forced you to create and play off better positioning as a team. And in the same playing field, Jason could also utilize friendly fire by swerving in a defensive direction towards other counselors to create bait & panic situations, which sometimes would fluster counselors into accidentally hitting one another. Split moments like these would often give the Jason player the opportunity to strike or make a move that he could capitalize on when up against groups.

The problem was never Friendly Fire on it's own, the problem was the way that Gunmedia executed it that made it not fun to play against. It wasn't fun when you had a bitter troll trying to kill the team secretly one by one, and it also most definitely wasn't fun on the Jason side of things when your kills were stolen from grievers with shotguns and the likes. 

 

So here is the proposal of how Gunmedia can re-introduce Friendly Fire to the game, while also severely limiting the troll and anti-Jason kill steals.

Friendly Fire:

  • Counselors can no longer be killed by another counselor with a melee weapon (the finishing blow can only be performed by Jason)
  • Shotguns no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Counselor placed bear traps no longer can kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Cars no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just knock them down and then when they get up, they will be in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Suicide can no longer be performed by windows or second story jumps. It will just whittle your health down to lowest possible number.
  • Any counselor who makes another counselor enter "cripple" state (except for bear traps) will receive the -500 penalty that "Betrayal" currently has at the end of the match.

I LOVE this idea. The game would be so much better for it. @GunMedia_Ben, please listen to this awesome suggestion!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not against friendly fire in general. We as a community have proven for an extended period of time that we can't handle it, though. As long as counselors have every change to turn you into Jason fodder, some of us will do so. People acting like TK'ing wasn't a big deal definetly haven't participated in extensive PS4 QP-sessions. Even after it was removed I still had people trying to beat me to death with melee weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I suppose im indifferent to this matter.

One thing that would go a long way to fix up the garbage is removing counselor icons from the map, thus you only know where counselors are by VISUAL SIGHT ONLY.

Now you can't grab a shotty and run towards the nearest counselor icon on the map and bam...shoot them.

I'd even go as far as suggesting removing the map all together for counselor, leaving them completely blind to anyone who doesn't always remember the vehicle spawn locations on the big maps. Yet that would probably be too OP.

There are good ideas in the OP, but I think you could expand on it even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

While I suppose im indifferent to this matter.

One thing that would go a long way to fix up the garbage is removing counselor icons from the map, thus you only know where counselors are by VISUAL SIGHT ONLY.

Now you can't grab a shotty and run towards the nearest counselor icon on the map and bam...shoot them.

I'd even go as far as suggesting removing the map all together for counselor, leaving them completely blind to anyone who doesn't always remember the vehicle spawn locations on the big maps. Yet that would probably be too OP.

There are good ideas in the OP, but I think you could expand on it even more.

Yeah that whole removing the map idea would basically cause a large outrage lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, PLEASE make this a thing. 

The knockdown animation for the car could be the same as jumping out windows. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say keep everything the way it is now but turn team killing on when Jason is grabbing someone, and if they get team killed give the kill to Jason with no betrayal for the counselor. Keep betrayals to vehicular homicide only. If you get hit with the corner of the car, make it a strong injury but if they get hit straight on then they die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly fire should only work if both people agree to hurting each to other

Counselors would have to type in a 4 code within distance if each other for example.

Other than that, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But we can't blame the devs...nobody could have predicted this current situation! Oh wait...

On 8/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

So they patch an exploit and curb team killing. So what is the issue here? 

 

On 8/19/2017 at 8:27 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

Issue is the curbing of team killing, despite being a mostly welcome change (I'll miss hunting down glitchers on rocks/outside the map), also changes how counselors in packs fight Jason. Perhaps it's more accurate to say it buffs counselors than to say it nerfs Jason, but the net effect is the same.

 

Currently, they have to watch out not to hit their fellow counselors. Jason can use a grabbed counselor as a meat shield by facing them into a pointed shotgun or swung machete. Anyone who has tried to use a shotgun, machete, or ax against Jason around others or when he's grabbed someone else knows what I mean.

Post-patch, counselors can shotgun and melee away without any risk of hurting their own. Not a reason not to do this, but something to try to mitigate. Grabbed counselors being vulnerable to damage would be good; any counselors in fear proximity to Jason being vulnerable to damage would be better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I am not against friendly fire in general. We as a community have proven for an extended period of time that we can't handle it, though. As long as counselors have every change to turn you into Jason fodder, some of us will do so. People acting like TK'ing wasn't a big deal definetly haven't participated in extensive PS4 QP-sessions. Even after it was removed I still had people trying to beat me to death with melee weapons.

Ummm I've been playing religiously since day one & have never in all my quickplay matches ever thought team killing should be removed. 

So speak for yourself I guess.

Taking out TK killed a fun element of surprise and suspense and honestly after thousands of matches WAS no big deal, rather a breath of fresh air.

I guess opinions are subjective though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder just how low the percentage is of the player base that uses private matches.

"Use private matches" is not a good answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I don’t want team killing to come back in quick play imo but there should have be a toggle option for friendly fire in both public and private so hosts can choose, and everyone could be happy. Or better yet, in the future, online matches should get difficulty levels like in offline mode, with friendly fire being in normal and hard mode.

Edit: Your suggestions could work with normal difficulty and they’re not bad at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Friendly fire was one of the most underrated core reasons that indirectly made Jason a stronger threat when he arrived and it also made playing counselors more challenging. During the friendly fire era, you couldn't just gather up like a pack of sardines and start mindlessly swinging with no care for the direction of your fire like you can currently in this botched up version of 'Friday the 13th: The Pinata'. Friendly Fire being an element of the game forced you to play better as the counselor, it forced you to have better aim, it forced you to have stronger team mate awareness, and it forced you to create and play off better positioning as a team. And in the same playing field, Jason could also utilize friendly fire by swerving in a defensive direction towards other counselors to create bait & panic situations, which sometimes would fluster counselors into accidentally hitting one another. Split moments like these would often give the Jason player the opportunity to strike or make a move that he could capitalize on when up against groups.

The problem was never Friendly Fire on it's own, the problem was the way that Gunmedia executed it that made it not fun to play against. It wasn't fun when you had a bitter troll trying to kill the team secretly one by one, and it also most definitely wasn't fun on the Jason side of things when your kills were stolen from grievers with shotguns and the likes. 

 

So here is the proposal of how Gunmedia can re-introduce Friendly Fire to the game, while also severely limiting the troll and anti-Jason kill steals.

Friendly Fire:

  • Counselors can no longer be killed by another counselor with a melee weapon (the finishing blow can only be performed by Jason)
  • Shotguns no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Counselor placed bear traps no longer can kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Cars no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just knock them down and then when they get up, they will be in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Suicide can no longer be performed by windows or second story jumps. It will just whittle your health down to lowest possible number.
  • Any counselor who makes another counselor enter "cripple" state (except for bear traps) will receive the -500 penalty that "Betrayal" currently has at the end of the match.

I agree 100% with you on this. I don't think people should just go around killing others for nothing but if it comes down to survival and they have an item you need and you want to survive then you do what it takes. Plus like you said, it would fix the situation of counselors just pinata banging jason with counselors right next to them as they would take damage. They need to implement the ideas you have listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I think people quitting when they are selected as jason is a bigger issue than friendly fire. 

Yep, nobody wants to play as the Big J anymore. Especially it's its :JasonPt7: Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

 

Friendly Fire:

  • Counselors can no longer be killed by another counselor with a melee weapon (the finishing blow can only be performed by Jason)
  • Shotguns no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Counselor placed bear traps no longer can kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Cars no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just knock them down and then when they get up, they will be in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Suicide can no longer be performed by windows or second story jumps. It will just whittle your health down to lowest possible number.
  • Any counselor who makes another counselor enter "cripple" state (except for bear traps) will receive the -500 penalty that "Betrayal" currently has at the end of the match.

The easiest way to take it away from the trolls is to actually reverse it. You start swinging at another counselor, you damage YOURSELF! But if you applied these same rules where it only cripples you and you can't bitch out and suicide for trying to be a troll it would pretty much eliminate trolls.

As far as the car, if you run over more than 1 person (accidents do happen) then you are automatically booted from the game and it counts as a Jason kill, AND you drop a level which auto happens upon your boot from the game.

There is no reason to ruin the game over trolls. Punish those fuckers with reckless abandon and just make it to where there literally is no more fun in trolling and instead steep penalties and it ends.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make public matches have casual and competitive mode. Friendly fire is turned on in competitive mode. In Casual, FF is turned off and you can't level up or gain XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and as far as item holding, if you're holding items for repairs and not using them within so much time ... well then there is open season on you and the reverse hits stop for everyone else. Or, same as car just booted from game with a level loss. Your items drop where you drop upon da boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m convinced friendly fire should come back as a toggle option in PUBLIC matches. I stopped using community private matches because there is always, always, a friend of a friend who is a POS vulgar player who frankly isn’t good enough to talk the shit they do. It’s annoying and then you get stuck with them or spammed with friend requests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Misterx said:

Ummm I've been playing religiously since day one & have never in all my quickplay matches ever thought team killing should be removed

So speak for yourself I guess.

Of course I will always speak for myself. What I said though was not a statement of "this is what everybody thought", it was "people nailing you with bats, machetes and shotguns weren't the rare, isolated obscurities people are now trying to make them out to be." I'm not talking unlucky saves or accidents either (never minded those), I'm talking counselors hunting other counselors down. If it was fun for you, fine, I guess. It was pretty clear it was not how it should play out and it was an easy way for trolls to make things go their way.

Devs patched it out quite early and did a good job explaining why they did it. It is still part of private matches, where it probably occurs in a very immersive way. I still like the idea of "Human shield" kills for Jason players, resourceful kills when having grabbed a player and another player goes for a shotgun save. But I won't support proactive friendly fire in this toxic community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not have a feature when more than one player attacks Jason with a blunt weapon there is a % chance of stunning and knocking out one of the counsellors if the weapons hit one another? That way people won't rage about friendly fire but would make it more of a risky challenge and a benefit for Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad idea.  Leave friendly fire out.  

Only change I would suggest is Counselors get damaged if slashed by teammates while being gripped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×