Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Team Killing/Friendly Fire, Lets bring it back (Poll)

Bring Back Team Killing - With some fixes  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring back Team Killing (if they added something like a kick for killing more than 1 player, or marking you for death by other players after doing so)

• Yes, Please bring back Team Killing for Public Matchs (But make some fixes)
    • No, We are fine with the new changes.

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

friendly fire still exist in private matches. 

BUT in private matches you tend to trust everyone you're with, so you lose the suspense element. I wouldn't mind tensing up again when strangers approach in a QuickPlay match, especially if I still knew that the worst they could do was make the game harder, not end it.

I vote just completely reverse it back to regular friendly fire and suck it up buttercups!

It's not like it happened EVERY match anyways lol.

And when it did happen, I didn't mind cause it only made the match more interesting imo when someone would be "that douche" and started team killing! 

Revenge was a fun game it'self sometimes :)

Just bring back team killing already! It's supposed to be in the game anyway!!!

• Like 1

Bad idea. Unless gun/illfonic offer a quick review and handling of video reports, this will just end up in a huge troll fest followed by another huge cry fest. Rather finally remove the lock on to other counselors.

• Like 2

As sad as I am to say this, I don't think any amount of adjustments will make friendly fire an un-trollable offense.  Trolls find a way to exploit anything given the chance.  When Paranoia comes out, have a blast!!  Kill each other to your hearts content, but I think the main game should have counselors worrying about surviving Jason and not running away from troll counselors.  Jason will be happy :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Hellllll no, especially not with how toxic the community is on top of the amount of shotguns there are in a map; private matches exist if you want friendly fire.

You seriously think cars, shotguns, and the like putting counselors into a crippled state won't be abused by trolls? At the very least you're able to run away from Jason unharmed when the Vanessa teaming up with Jason runs next to you. Now imagine what happens when she's able to cripple you with the shotgun while running next to you. That makes the problem even worse.

There are many ways that Jason can be buffed, or counselor gameplay being changed for the better, but reinstating friendly fire on QP is going to cause headaches when you consider how many squeakers are online these days. It's not even the squeakers to worry about alone; many people are assholes online in general.

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Bad idea. Unless gun/illfonic offer a quick review and handling of video reports, this will just end up in a huge troll fest followed by another huge cry fest. Rather finally remove the lock on to other counselors.

These comments don't make much sense. If someone wants to troll you right now, they can run over and kill the entire team by car and then commit suicide if they don't want Jason to have the kill. They can also easily hold on to the fuse, keys, or any vehicle part to prevent you guys from getting it started. I've even seen Vanessas run around the map and waste all shotguns, flare guns, and etc. on purpose so the team does not have them.

You will never get rid of trolling in any multiplayer game. But there is no reason to botch and ruin the original experience of the game because of a few bad apples, which is precisely what Gunmedia did by completely removing Friendly Fire altogether.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

These comments don't make much sense. If someone wants to troll you right now, they can run over and kill the entire team by car and then commit suicide if they don't want Jason to have the kill. They can also easily hold on to the fuse, keys, or any vehicle part to prevent you guys from getting it started. I've even seen Vanessas run around the map and waste all shotguns, flare guns, and etc. on purpose so the team does not have them.

You will never get rid of trolling in any multiplayer game. But there is no reason to botch and ruin the original experience of the game because of a few bad apples, which is precisely what Gunmedia did by completely removing Friendly Fire altogether.

dude, getting the car done and actually getting everyone is not as easy. since the removed teamkilling i am very aware when a car is driving. doesn´t happen too often that someone really gets a lot of people with the car. . and yeah hiding. happens. but that doesn´t get the troll the salt right away. he might do that and stay unrecognized. teamkillig is a totally different thing, you don´t have to do anything besides attacking with a weapon you pick up anyways and the salt starts flowing right away.

just because we can´t stop them completly, let´s make it easy for them? what the acutal? do you even logic?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I think people quitting when they are selected as jason is a bigger issue than friendly fire. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I think people quitting when they are selected as jason is a bigger issue than friendly fire. 

+13

85% of online matches have leavers. also during grab. or when not jason.

they should fix the preference tough before dealing with the other leavers.

This game doesn't need to add bullshit like FF. Didn't work first time,so no, leave it out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

dude, getting the car done and actually getting everyone is not as easy. since the removed teamkilling i am very aware when a car is driving. doesn´t happen too often that someone really gets a lot of people with the car. . and yeah hiding. happens. but that doesn´t get the troll the salt right away. he might do that and stay unrecognized. teamkillig is a totally different thing, you don´t have to do anything besides attacking with a weapon you pick up anyways and the salt starts flowing right away.

just because we can´t stop them completly, let´s make it easy for them? what the acutal? do you even logic?

Maybe you should explain the whole difficult to get car done situation to the other guy I quoted that said trolls "will just run over and cripple everyone with the car". And did you even read the original post? Literally the whole point of those changes IS to make trolling difficult for them and not worth the trouble.

Do you think trolls are going to scavenge around for a baseball bat just to try and bash someone 10 times to only "cripple" them while they still lose the -500 betrayel point at the end and allowing Jason to STILL get the kill? No. They are most likely going to do what they have been doing for a long time now to troll. Which is keeping the phone fuse, keys, an item part to a vehicle, placing bear traps by windows, using up all weapon resources, and then when they are the last ones alive, they make sure to commit suicide so Jason doesn't get the kill.

Wake up, people. You cannot get rid of trolls. So stop ruining the original experience of the game because of it. What's next, keys to the car drop out of everyone's pockets every 60 seconds the clock passes by? Shotguns don't lose ammo when Jason isn't hit? The car teleports to the exit when it's full of four people?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Maybe you should explain the whole difficult to get car done situation to the other guy I quoted that said trolls "will just run over and cripple everyone with the car". And did you even read the original post? Literally the whole point of those changes IS to make trolling difficult for them and not worth the trouble.

Do you think trolls are going to scavenge around for a baseball bat just to try and bash someone 10 times to only "cripple" them while they still lose the -500 betrayel point at the end and allowing Jason to STILL get the kill? No. They are most likely going to do what they have been doing for a long time now to troll. Which is keeping the fuse, keys, an item part to a vehicle, placing bear traps by windows, using up all weapon resources, and then when they are the last ones alive, they make sure to commit suicide so Jason doesn't get the kill.

Wake up, people. You cannot get rid of trolls. So stop ruining the original experience of the game because of it. What's next, keys to the car drop out of everyone's pockets every 60 seconds on the clock passes by? Shotguns don't lose ammo when Jason isn't hit? The car teleports to the exit when it's full of four people?

You didn't even like the original experience. You complained the game wasn't competitive enough,  you rage quit when you are selected as pt. 7 jason,  and you have said countless times you'll never post on this forum again.  So I think we should leave FF in private matches,  and leave it out of quick play. 

• Like 1

I'm a little confused. Has friendly fire been removed from all platforms? I haven't played any private matches online, but I swear I''ve taken damage from other counselors in quick play matches in the past week. I've been hit by counselors with a weapon (Jason isn't even in the cabin) and I still got bloodied. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly but I'm pretty sure this has happened.

@Mr. Blonde

i did read the original post. huge troll fest followed by huge cry fest, will happen with this, yes. it doesn´t matter if you get crippled or die. the trolling with the car really doesn´t happen often, the hiding is also not very common. It is overall an acceaptable amount of trolling your own team mates right now.

but yes, let´s give them even more chances and make it worse than it is. without monitoring or anyone even able to look at all the reports. a ton of people will submit videos saying the teamkiller helped jason. a lot of teamkillers will actually do so. Jason teamers want teamkill back badly. makes their job easier.

unless gun/illfonic can somehow now magically handle reports properly and fast. we better stay like we are now.

1 minute ago, Roy's #1 Fan said:

I'm a little confused. Has friendly fire been removed from all platforms? I haven't played any private matches online, but I swear I''ve taken damage from other counselors in quick play matches in the past week. I've been hit by counselors with a weapon (Jason isn't even in the cabin) and I still got bloodied. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly but I'm pretty sure this has happened.

If a counselor hits you,  you take cosmetic damage,  but no actually damage.  Notice you aren't able to heal yourself with aid spray even after being hit with am item. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

If a counselor hits you,  you take cosmetic damage,  but no actually damage.  Notice you aren't able to heal yourself with aid spray even after being hit with am item. 

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Great, more ways for trolls to continuing on trolling, what's next?

Counselors are given the opportunity to drown each other in the toilet?

36 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Exactly. There’s already enough ways to troll players as it is so why give them even more ways to do it. Friendly fire was removed for a reason.

@pApA^LeGBa

Trolling is the risk you take for searching Quick Play. If you want to play in a 100% troll-free environment, then play private matches. If you don't have any friends on at the time, then there's always single player.

Friendly Fire is a good idea and gave the game more depth, there is no denying this. The only reason everyone is up in arms about it is because "OMG TROLLS".

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

@pApA^LeGBa

Trolling is the risk you take for searching Quick Play. If you want to play in a 100% troll-free environment, then play private matches. If you don't have any friends on at the time, then there's always single player.

Friendly Fire is a good idea and gave the game more depth, there is no denying this. The only reason everyone is up in arms about it is because "OMG TROLLS".

@Mr. Blonde same thing with friendly fire, you want to play a game with it,  use private match. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

@pApA^LeGBa

there is no denying this was a huge trollfest. i played during that time. it was a huge trollfest. and crippling doesn´t change this. also 500xp? please. 1000xp minus didn´t stop them.

also private matches on PC. :D you need to add people outside the game on steam for private matches on pc. you can´t just do them with randoms. so yeah QP it is on PC.

go play private matches if you like it so much. it´s possible there...

I watched my friend play during the early days of this game and let me just say that I am more than GLAD that team killing is disabled in quick play because of the amount of trolling there was back then.

It made the game practically impossible to play in as a counselor.

Gunmedia didn't do anything to stop trolling. Trolling is still a thing and it completely ruins the match far easier now because while the trolls have less options to choose from when it comes to trolling, the options they have access to are way more potent at ruining games than the Friendly Fire five-minute long melee battles were.

So basically trolling is still a thing, and it's never going to go any where when it comes to playing online games with random strangers.

Once you understand this, you can stop shutting down any and all ideas that make Friday the 13th: a better game because "a troll might do this, or that".

• Like 2

I really like the OP's idea. This would be a great way to bring back team damage without giving the trolls too much fuel for the fire.  I really hope Gun/Illphonic reads this thread with honest consideration.

• Like 1