Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

315 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

3 times when Ive joined a match as a spectator and they've killed Jason, I've been dashboarded just before the machete or axe hits. I thought it was to stop you seeing it before you done it yourself, or was actually in the match watching.

This is it in a nutshell. I think that has to be a bug. Tied to the sweater or maybe being in spectate? I just thought it pertinent to bring up since this patch has definitely increased stability further than before and the Jason kill prompt during spectate is the only thing that brought the game down so far. To further clarify, as you noted, I was not in the match from the start with my friends. I joined, watched about 8 minutes of it, and thought the match would end but....

Nuclear_Explosion.gif   

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Misterx said:

Why can't we just have the option to use the animation and/or combat stance to break windows, just like the doors?

This would fix it for everyone.

I do like the idea of it being an optional context. Either use Attack to just lash at it, or hit Interact to break it for those people who have no concept of combat stance.

I have to say, I really do like the way @Gertz responds the all our messages at once. It's like reading one huge constantly updating FAQ section every time. 

8 people like this

Same here. I like that he keeps us in the loop and does his best to answer our questions regarding things that need to be fixed.

I'm happy to hear about the decreased animation time for windows, though like everyone else I ultimately hope to be able to choose between just outright breaking windows or using the animation.

Also hope that we eventually get a system implemented where quitters still count as a kill. I've still been seeing it happen way too frequently.

53 minutes ago, Gertz said:

Strange, I wonder if it was a space issue...can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will to get details?

Not familiar with Discord (other then what I just read on Google).

By spacing, I assume you mean to close or to far from the cabin? I checked the trap placement after it occurred and it appeared to be my usual 2 trap placement. 

I am sure if it is a reoccurring issue, someone will have the presence of mind to snap a screen shot. (I never thought of it until the match was over) 

I apologize for not supplying photo footage. I am sure these things are hard enough to deal with under perfect circumstances let alone when your only receiving partial data.

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Oh whaaat? I am from South America and I really dont wanna play again with 400ms or 300ms

He means for connection requirements. They cannot control your ping. Increasing the threshold allow players from outside the US to get quicker matches but your ping is related to your internet connection.

I didn't see it listed on the hot fix list but i have had 3 instances when i, as Jason, have become glitched in one spot after successfully breaking down a cabin door. 

12 minutes ago, Repo Boom said:

I didn't see it listed on the hot fix list but i have had 3 instances when i, as Jason, have become glitched in one spot after successfully breaking down a cabin door. 

This has been happening since pre-patch as well. Had it happen to me quite a few times. If you hold down the button to do the continuous door breaking animation, sometimes the animation sounds and hitting effects continue after the door is broken and Jason is ready to move on. The problem is that while he is waiting for all those whacking sounds and effects to play out, he cannot leave the doorway. I've found that using Morph or Shift will free you, but you do end up wasting an ability.

One thing you can do is count the number of swings Jason has made and when he gets started with the last swing, release the button. It seems to help avoid that glitch (most of the time). I'm not sure if it is lag related or repetitive inputs of the swing/break animation after the door break animation begins being played out post door break.<_< One other reason a lot of people used the free swing or combat stance to break doors.

I've had that glitch /bug trap me in a doorway for almost an entire minute once....point of note/suggestion/lesson learned, do not throw knives if you are stuck in the door glitch. It may lock you immobile in the knife throw animation as well and it can take a long time to sort itself out.

50 minutes ago, Gertz said:

You are welcome!

Does the issue break the game or is it just ugly to look at?

Just ugly to look at, so definitely not a priority.  Happens to me frequently and I see it on a lot of streams and YouTube gameplay.

1 hour ago, Misterx said:

Why can't we just have the option to use the animation and/or combat stance to break windows, just like the doors?

This would fix it for everyone.

That's a good point. Why do we have the option to use the animation on doors, as well as Melee, and combat stance, but now only the animation on windows?

13 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

That's a good point. Why do we have the option to use the animation on doors, as well as Melee, and combat stance, but now only the animation on windows?

Gertz talked about this in the other thread.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:42 AM, Gertz said:

(snip)

Thanks for the feedback! I dont think maintaining two separate sets of code for windows is the right thing to do, it also makes debugging issues more problematic and time consuming. Its also inconsistent with everything else.

Hope that helps. There has been a ton of feedback and you have to read through quite a bit to see all the responses.:) He said some more regarding "prompts" to interact with things such as walls and whatnot, with Jason, and bringing window breaking into line with the other "prompt" to interact elements in the game.

R2 and X together works really well on the doors. Part 8 does 3 really nice smooth quick hits with this. Not sure about the other Jasons, and if its just xbox.

4 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

R2 and X together works really well on the doors. Part 8 does 3 really nice smooth quick hits with this. Not sure about the other Jasons, and if its just xbox.

I just hold R2 the entire time. Smooth hits. Never had any issues with it. Just hold the button. He does one swing after the other. No problem. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Gertz said:

I would hit up Discord today and find [IllFonic] Will to get the video to. He is part of the QA team and is helping people out.

Hmmm, thats not good, can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will so he can get some info from you?

Any chance you can convince Will to join the forum and create a thread here for this? Many forum members have expressed having issues with the Discord in the past, including bans. Also, it's an unofficial Discord and some folks prefer to keep things in the official channels. And finally, if one guy came here instead of several people having to go there it would simplify the process greatly.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I just hold R2 the entire time. Smooth hits. Never had any issues with it. Just hold the button. He does one swing after the other. No problem. 

Hmmm. Maybe I'm pressing X for no reason. Wouldnt surprise me. 

36 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Gertz talked about this in the other thread.

Hope that helps. There has been a ton of feedback and you have to read through quite a bit to see all the responses.:) He said some more regarding "prompts" to interact with things such as walls and whatnot, with Jason, and bringing window breaking into line with the other "prompt" to interact elements in the game.

Hey Alkavian, just wanted to apologize for the other day, was just stressed n tired, and changes to my current favorite escapism game and life time dream game F13th, really irked me in the moment and I lashed out on the boards without hesitation or civility.

I genuinely love this game and am just enjoying the crap out of it and am prolly one of the few players that's never trolled in the game and actually helps out others against Jason and just want the game to be the best it can be and am a major F13th fan since young childhood.

I just don't want you to think I'm a troll and don't want to disrespect someone who seems to love the game just as much, or really anyone for that matter, it was really out of my character in the first place :-S 

I am a stubborn soul though and just felt really defensive in the moment of my fiery passion defending my dark prince (Jason). I just want what's best for his gameplay mechanics and loved (obviously) how his window mechanics worked pre patch). The developers are AMAZING and I know they'll work everything out the best they can and I just appreciate the way they give us feedack and treat us like beta testers and true fans <3 

Everyone does deserve to play as Jason no matter the skill level (or age lol). And I do only play this for the enjoyment of feeling I'm in one of the movies. I just can't help how determined I am as Jason or a councilor when I play, but I never actually get salty or rage quit during matches, cause I really just enjoy the different ways matches can play out, i even like spectating once in awhile to watch it like one of the films :)

Cheers in responding fairly to me though, I appreciate it, especially in the days of internet anonymity being the major reason for careless responses, without thought of repercussions.

You have my respect.

Let's enjoy this dream of a game come true in peace and ease, with only positive reinforcement and unity. Let's all continue making this game great together ;-) 

2 people like this

Another good thing if you dont use combat stance for breaking down doors : counselors can't stun you from inside. Seeing so many Jason's wasting so much time for 1 door because they fall over 2-3 times because the counselor is constantly hitting them with a baseball bat, not working if you just press E or whatever ur console tells you to do.

5 minutes ago, Misterx said:

Hey Alkavian, just wanted to apologize for the other day, was just stressed n tired, and changes to my current favorite escapism game and life time dream game F13th, really irked me in the moment and I lashed out on the boards without hesitation or civility.

I genuinely love this game and am just enjoying the crap out of it and am prolly one of the few players that's never trolled in the game and actually helps out others against Jason and just want the game to be the best it can be and am a major F13th fan since young childhood.

I just don't want you to think I'm a troll and don't want to disrespect someone who seems to love the game just as much, or really anyone for that matter, it was really out of my character in the first place :-S 

I am a stubborn soul though and just felt really defensive in the moment of my fiery passion defending my dark prince (Jason). I just want what's best for his gameplay mechanics and loved (obviously) how his window mechanics worked pre patch). The developers are AMAZING and I know they'll work everything out the best they can and I just appreciate the way they give us feedack and treat us like beta testers and true fans <3 

Everyone does deserve to play as Jason no matter the skill level (or age lol). And I do only play this for the enjoyment of feeling I'm in one of the movies. I just can't help how determined I am as Jason or a councilor when I play, but I never actually get salty or rage quit during matched, cause I really just enjoy the different ways matches can play out, i even like spectating once in awhile to watch it like one of the films :)

Cheers in responding fairly to me though, I appreciate it, especially in the days of internet anonymity being the major reason for careless responses, without thought of repercussions.

You have my respect.

Let's enjoy this dream of a game come true in peace and ease, with only positive reinforcement and unity. Let's all continue making this game great together ;-) 

I think we were both in testy moods that day. No worries. ? Making the game great for fans and casuals alike benefits us all. As long as we stick together despite difference of opinion we can keep the community strong.

3 people like this

Thanks Gertz, great to hear what fixes are coming in the next patch! I just hope the window prompt will be reversed instead of having to use X all the time.:)

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I think we were both in testy moods that day. No worries. ? Making the game great for fans and casuals alike benefits us all. As long as we stick together despite difference of opinion we can keep the community strong.

Thank you.

Also, even though kids make up a lot of the community ( as annoying as many can be), i do appreciate them regardless, for they've donated to this games funds and ultimately helped this game out.

It's also cool that a new generation of fans are being made for F13th!!

This game was the best thing to happen to the franchises life and is already what I hoped it could be and more! 

Cheers to the future of Friday the 13th ??

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Decreased the window break animation time

You said you were rolling it back to the way it was before, people hate that you have to go into a stupid animation to break the windows, it's boring and unsatisfying.

This  ^

The issue is not (just) that it's too slow.  The issue is that it used to be a very visceral, satisfying thing to do.  Walk by a window and slash it.  You could kind of smash them on the way by.  You could hide off to the side under Stalk and then shatter it from out of sight and scare the crap out of somebody inside.  You didn't have to walk square up to it - which also let you smash it without being exposed to somebody hitting or shooting you through the window.  It was active, it was organic, and the only issue was that some players didn't know how to compensate for the fact most of the Jason weapons don't swing overhand outside of combat stance - which the community was more than happy to explain any time someone asked 'why can't I break open windows??'

You took the agency away from it.  Took the fun out of it.  Now instead of attacking the window you walk up, press a button, and wait for the animation to finish.  It's lost that immediate, satisfying, visceral feel that it had before and turned every window into a power box.  You could tolerate it on the generators; there were only a few per map, but smashing windows was FUN.  I'd break windows every chance I got.  It's a small thing, but it was legitimately one of the most fun things to do in the game while you were running around Jason-ing.  Now it's just a thing that you walk up and let happen, not something you DO.

If you're just speeding up the animation of it, you're ENTIRELY missing the point of why people are so upset it got changed.

2 people like this

I'm curious how the quick melee swing will feel, as he mentioned it will reposition Jason into the animation if you melee by a window. Hopefully it's fast, intuitive and not annoying.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

43 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

FYI I'm not sure if Gun is aware of this (or Illfonic, or whoever) but I believe this is broken on Xbox.  If you hit the button to attack a door and hold it, you hit the door ONCE and then stand there staring at it stupidly.  Combat stance is the ONLY way to efficiently break down a door, because that whole smooth, linked hits thing doesn't work for us.

21 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

This  ^

The issue is not (just) that it's too slow.  The issue is that it used to be a very visceral, satisfying thing to do.  Walk by a window and slash it.  You could kind of smash them on the way by.  You could hide off to the side under Stalk and then shatter it from out of sight and scare the crap out of somebody inside.  You didn't have to walk square up to it - which also let you smash it without being exposed to somebody hitting or shooting you through the window.  It was active, it was organic, and the only issue was that some players didn't know how to compensate for the fact most of the Jason weapons don't swing overhand outside of combat stance - which the community was more than happy to explain any time someone asked 'why can't I break open windows??'

You took the agency away from it.  Took the fun out of it.  Now instead of attacking the window you walk up, press a button, and wait for the animation to finish.  It's lost that immediate, satisfying, visceral feel that it had before and turned every window into a power box.  You could tolerate it on the generators; there were only a few per map, but smashing windows was FUN.  I'd break windows every chance I got.  It's a small thing, but it was legitimately one of the most fun things to do in the game while you were running around Jason-ing.  Now it's just a thing that you walk up and let happen, not something you DO.

If you're just speeding up the animation of it, you're ENTIRELY missing the point of why people are so upset it got changed.

That is exactly how I feel about it. He mentioned if you melee by a window Jason pivots into the animation, so hopefully it works, and feels satisfying. I'm happy to try the new patch, but if it's still lacking from what we had originally, I'm GONNA let them know.

Edited by dandop1984

16 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

FYI I'm not sure if Gun is aware of this (or Illfonic, or whoever) but I believe this is broken on Xbox.  If you hit the button to attack a door and hold it, you hit the door ONCE and then stand there staring at it stupidly.  Combat stance is the ONLY way to efficiently break down a door, because that whole smooth, linked hits thing doesn't work for us.

Nah. I'm on Xbox One. I just hold R2 every time. I never have any issues. Never use combat stance for breaking a door.