Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

315 posts in this topic

Saw something interesting while playing on Xbox this evening.:wacko:

I was spectating while some friends were working on killing Jason. Jason moved in to try to deal with three counselors (Vanessa with a bat, Deb w/ sweater, and Tommy with machete). Jason grabbed the Deb with the sweater but she had a pocket knife. She shanked him, broke free, and immediately used the sweater on Jason who was just starting to stand back up to pull the knife out. While he was in the animation to remove the knife, Vanessa hit him with a bat and he dropped to his knees (Jason did not go into the "break free" animation for the sweater). Tommy began the execution (sepia tone color change) and.......loud buzzing noise in the audio, game freezes, and I was dashboarded. I have no idea what happened after that. I think everyone crashed out. This was on Higgins Small.

1)  I assume Jason should not be able to be affected by the sweater in a recovery/stun animation.

2)  It is the first dashboard that has happened post patch, though it appears to have affected everyone as a direct result of the trigger for the Jason kill sequence (when Tommy pushes the button to initiate it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gertz The ONLY reason players had trouble hitting open windows with Jasons with shorter weapons(axes and machetes) is because they did not know that there were two kinds of attack from combat stance, quick attack(kind of diagonally downward horizontal) and power attack(vertical). It was completely fine, it was just that new players didn't know to do it. Creating a more in-depth tutorial would have completely fixed this issue.

Furthermore, there are a few windows that are above Jason's head from the exterior of the buildings(Packanack Lodge main building, Higgins main house). In the previous system Jason could break these windows from outside with the combat stance overhead power attack. With this new window break animation, Jason would have to go all the way inside into each individual room to trigger the window break animation  to break those windows.

That's my stance on windows. I do have something to say about combat stance vs doors and destructible interior walls: I'm kind of 50/50 on the speed advantage that combat stance attacks give to doors. It's annoying as a counselor but kind of annoying as Jason if only using the standard chopping animation. But my biggest problem is that Jason clips 3/4 of his body through those doors and walls to reach REALLY far into the house, making counter-attacks difficult. If anything needed some attention, it was this door & wall issue, not the windows. Example:

B3OY3D2.jpg

If the door breaking system was changed somehow to fix this, I would love that. I think you should increase the likelihood of Jason's weapon gets stuck for a few seconds when using combat stance attacks against destructible objects, and somehow keep Jason from clipping through it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Gertz The ONLY reason players had trouble hitting open windows with Jasons with shorter weapons(axes and machetes) is because they did not know that there were two kinds of attack from combat stance, quick attack(kind of diagonally downward horizontal) and power attack(vertical). It was completely fine, it was just that new players didn't know to do it. Creating a more in-depth tutorial would have completely fixed this issue.

Furthermore, there are a few windows that are above Jason's head from the exterior of the buildings(Packanack Lodge main building, Higgins main house). In the previous system Jason could break these windows from outside with the combat stance overhead power attack. With this new window break animation, Jason would have to go all the way inside into each individual room to trigger the window break animation  to break those windows.

That's my stance on windows. I do have something to say about combat stance vs doors and destructible interior walls: I'm kind of 50/50 on the speed advantage that combat stance attacks give to doors. It's annoying as a counselor but kind of annoying as Jason if only using the standard chopping animation. But my biggest problem is that Jason clips 3/4 of his body through those doors and walls to reach REALLY far into the house, making counter-attacks difficult. If anything needed some attention, it was this door & wall issue, not the windows. Example:

B3OY3D2.jpg

If the door breaking system was changed somehow to fix this, I would love that. I think you should increase the likelihood of Jason's weapon gets stuck for a few seconds when using combat stance attacks against destructible objects, and somehow keep Jason from clipping through it.

Funny..I could always break open windows by just looking up while standing off to the side of a window. I never did a combat stance. I could always break windows open or closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jasonpie said:

Funny..I could always break open windows by just looking up while standing off to the side of a window. I never did a combat stance. I could always break windows open or closed.

Looking up doesn't change the direction of Jason's attack to upwards. If you broke open windows with quick attacks then you must have stood in such a way that the head of the axe or machete hit the window, such as the start of the swing where it is highest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i loved shifting up to ppl about to get in a window then cancel shift with a free swing to cancel their animation.... now when i do that their animation continues and i have to watch them tea bag me :(

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky for us the window thing is being fixed, next thing on the list is Jason's killing of the counselors should give us the kill right at the beginning of his animation so it won't matter if rage quitters leave once you shift-grab them.  Hope this is an easy fix for Devs because we're all tired of rage quitters leaving right when you grab them and preventing us from getting the points and a cool  counselor death for our efforts.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gertz said:
  • Matchmaking
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window

Wow, thanks a lot for reverting the threshold back to 300ms, non-US player will be able to quick play normally again :)

Changes to windows are also something I was expecting, so this is perfect for me :)

Good luck for the hotfix ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

I know the last two days have been rough but we just locked down a set of fixes to address the most immediate concerns of the player base.

The build is currently in QA's hands so I have no ETA on when its going to go out. If QA finds any major issues we are going to fix those and create a new build to test. We then have to get through cert. I don't have a timeline yet for this but we did finalize the list of fixes.

  • Matchmaking
    • Fixed an issue that would create a new lobby after only searching for 10 seconds.
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4
  • Parties
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if a party leader invited a player that was already in another lobby
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't
  • Counselors
    • Fixed an issue where the Pocket Knife would not trigger
    • Fixed an issue with weapons that was not decreasing the weapons durability if they were hitting Jason but Jason was not taking damage
  • Misc
    • Fixed impact decals so they dont display the material type anymore. (Wood, Metal, and Rock)
    • Fixed badges disappearing when swapping languages
  • Maps
    • Packanack
      • Fixed a hidden door
      • Fixed a tree from spawning in a cabin
    • Higgins Haven
      • Fixed an issue where Jason would become locked out from performing interaction when attempting to use a Window interaction
      • Fixed an issue where the phone box to call the police was blocked by environmental objects

What about the stun time on Jason?  It seems now once he is stunned the other players can be to the other side of the map before Jason comes out of stun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the hot fix address PhD in murder for Xbox? That is still broken despite being in the patch notes for the previous patch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed it elsewhere but, has there been talk of fixing the water kills?  Almost everytime now, the counselors floating in water glitch out, start spazzing wildly, and their hair goes crazy when Jason activates the kill.

Also, thanks for the recent communication!  Good news or bad, it really helps us fans feel like we're in the loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted this to the "Bugs" section, but figured I would also post here.

Playing as Jason the other day on Packanack Small. A counselor kept fixing the phone box w/o setting off the 2 traps I had placed on it.

This occurred 3 times during the match. Phone cabin was at the northern section of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT! Glad to know that Jason wasn't meant to take damage while stunned. And that it's being fixed. Hopefully it's soon so I can play again. I also like the new window animation. So speeding it up will hopefully make everyone happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all thanks for the fast response to these issues.Secondly,I think Jason is supposed to be kind of unstoppable.I mean putting him through an animation when he breaks windows...it just stops the motion.As fast as the animation is,this is a nerf to Jason.He should be able to circle a house,break windows real quick,just like it used to be.You made this to fix the problem with windows not breaking but now it is worse.After all,holding down LMB for half a second would put him in a vertical weapon hit which always breaks windows.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Quickplay is broken on Xbox One.

Go into a lobby. Empty. Exit to main menu. Repeat 7 times.

Got into a lobby the 7th time. Get picked as Jason. The host RAGE QUITS! WTF!

I go over to a private match in the looking for group posts.

First 3 games I join I get TEAM KILLED! I quit 3 times.

Fuck it. I'm done with this broken game until a new patch or hotfix comes out asap. ?

 

I love the game. I just hate waisting 20 minutes on bullshit every game.

It takes longer to get into a match than the time I get to enjoy playing it. I hate dying at the start too.

I will not stay in specate mode for 20 minutes if I die in the first 2 minutes. I will leave the game and find another lobby.

I now have my preference set to counselor. Host always rage quits when I am Jason. Not as fun after the new patch.

 

I just want the game to be the best experience for everyone without all the game breaking issues.

Thank you Gertz for the info. You rock!

Don't be so impatient. If you find a good lobby and get killed in he first two minutes, it's better to wait it out than star searching for new lobbys where your chances of ending up with trolls are extremely high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Saw something interesting while playing on Xbox this evening.:wacko:

I was spectating while some friends were working on killing Jason. Jason moved in to try to deal with three counselors (Vanessa with a bat, Deb w/ sweater, and Tommy with machete). Jason grabbed the Deb with the sweater but she had a pocket knife. She shanked him, broke free, and immediately used the sweater on Jason who was just starting to stand back up to pull the knife out. While he was in the animation to remove the knife, Vanessa hit him with a bat and he dropped to his knees (Jason did not go into the "break free" animation for the sweater). Tommy began the execution (sepia tone color change) and.......loud buzzing noise in the audio, game freezes, and I was dashboarded. I have no idea what happened after that. I think everyone crashed out. This was on Higgins Small.

1)  I assume Jason should not be able to be affected by the sweater in a recovery/stun animation.

2)  It is the first dashboard that has happened post patch, though it appears to have affected everyone as a direct result of the trigger for the Jason kill sequence (when Tommy pushes the button to initiate it).

 

3 times when Ive joined a match as a spectator and they've killed Jason, I've been dashboarded just before the machete or axe hits. I thought it was to stop you seeing it before you done it yourself, or was actually in the match watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I miss in the hot fix list where they are going to fix the garbage Frame Rate since the patch? 20FPS is no way to play this game when I was playing at a steady 40-50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gertz said:

 

  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't

THANK YOU. Sweet jesus, it's infuriating enough that window breaking is stuck to an animation, but it was more infuriating that if you were chasing someone and they got to a window, you can't do anything. They are invincible and can just waltz on through it without danger of being grabbed or hit.

I'm still not happy with windows being context or throwing knife only, but this should shut up some of those trash talkers who think they are hot shit because they only got away due to window invincibility, despite me standing there slapping them again and again or even pelting them with a knife before they get to the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojitodominic said:

Don't be so impatient. If you find a good lobby and get killed in he first two minutes, it's better to wait it out than star searching for new lobbys where your chances of ending up with trolls are extremely high.

Sometimes a host will have a full lobby and not ready up for 2 to 5 minutes.

Worst case scenario to fill a lobby can take 10 to 20 minutes.

Then another 10 seconds in a loading menu. Then the 20 second intro.

If you spawn at the phone box or area Jason goes to instantly you get tunnel visioned until your dead.

Then I have to watch players who make no effort to play the objective. They hide in a closet, under a bed, exploit, team up with Jason or troll for 20 minutes.

That is boring to watch. Im not waisting 20 minutes on that when I can be in another private match right away.

Quickplay has been a bad experience for me. No one uses their mics or leaves party chat. Host always rage quits 90% of the time.

I get into empty lobbies 10 times in a row before I can join one full lobby. This happened before the patch and after the new patch.

I would love for matches to be 15 minutes. It's always that last 5 minutes that the game will crash or host gets mad and leaves. NO XP.

20 minutes for a match is too long to be forced into specate mode at the start.

If I wanted to watch players playing the game I would use Mixer or Twitch. I want to play the game. Not watch people play it.

 

When you tell me to ''be patient'' you don't understand the crazy shenanigans Xbox One players had to suffer since the launch date.

This new patch killed the framerate and sucked all the fun out of being Jason. New small maps are not ''fast paced''.

Matches easily last 20 minutes. You would think that a small map would end in 10 minutes or less. Nope.

Window animations, broken door animations and other game breaking bugs make sure the odds are against Jason.

I watched Jason use the animation on doors and miss several times before permanently getting stuck. This happens about every 2 games.

The counselors get many issues that are unfair too.

Car parts can't be placed in the car. Car bugs out or flips. Glitch on top of car. Jason instantly grabs and kills the driver with no animation. Jason can't grab driver.

Phonebox bugs out and can't use the fuse. Can't call the police. Falling out of the map into ''space''. Jumping out a 2nd story window to get stuck in stairs.

I could go on forever about the bugs. You get the point. Thanks for the reply mojitodominc and welcome to the forum. I try to avoid troll lobbies.

When I use the looking for group posts I join through their profile. If I see "AVOID THIS PLAYER" or "NEEDS WORK" for their reputation they go to my block list. DEAD GIVEAWAY:lol:

 

I want dedicated servers asap and the best experience for all players without the game breaking bugs and host quits.

I enjoy playing the game very much but sometimes it will test my patience to the breaking point.

I do appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into the Friday The 13th game, patches, single player and DLC. Thank you.

Thank you to Gertz too for staying actively engaged with the community and for all the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gertz said:

Thanks for the tip, Ill have art look at it...finally got an art bug for them...

@Gertz I'm going to hijack this slightly in case you have an "audio" or "sound" group like the art folks, but can you comment on if a fix will be coming (or even an awareness of the problem) that the male counselors almost all share the same voice?  In the Virtual Cabin, all the counselors have distinct speech recorded, but in-game everybody but Chad uses the voice that is I guess Kenny's voice.  It just seems things aren't chained up quite right.  Clearly not a game-breaking issue but would be awesome to have fixed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The.Dark.God said:

Sorry triple posted...

:lol: Well done

kssXBy.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I recorded the match, let me know if you want to watch.

I would hit up Discord today and find [IllFonic] Will to get the video to. He is part of the QA team and is helping people out.

10 hours ago, sh0nx said:

Still don't like having to 'wait' for consoles to be certified considering M$ and Sony take forever for certifying your own code... very annoying...

You and me both, but it does prevent a lot of issue from going live. They generally focus on stability and consistency regarding their own platforms. Things like making sure button prompts and messaging uses the correct terminology so all games are the same.

10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Thank you @Gertz glad to see the developers aren't sitting on their hands on this one. You know those backers that payed to QA the game would love to have a crack at any new builds you developers are putting into the wild. Perhaps your QA team could use the help. The fans love this game and we would love to see the game get to a state where we are fighting Jason more than bugs and glitches. I have faith in your development team and I am sure Gun Media can get us there without outside interference from a third party with a lot of cash. Keep up the good work and community communication. The more we hear from you the better we feel. Ignore the trolls and always remember that the true Friday the 13th fans love this game and support you one hundred percent. 

Six

You are welcome. Waiting for people to get back from PAX to discuss the PTR option, no promises.

9 hours ago, Apollyon said:

Some people are liking the window animation... personally i cant stand it!! lol  I liked the way it was before where u could "free swing" windows and doors. (id only go into combat stance to break an open window or locked door)  now when u try to free swing well.... free swing is only useful when trying to multi-hit a group of counselors... if that...

Anyway you'll could add a limit to how many times the car can crash or is hit my jason before its considered destroyed?  At a later time of course

pocket knives are overpowered in my opinion, anyway it could be made where the counselor has to have the knife selected and maybe a button prompt to use it...

Cops... anyway 1 dead player could come back as a cop WITH the cop escape option available to counselors... maybe an OP cop if someone uses the perk "my dads a cop" or something like that..

Perks... are they fixed? i have a 45% grease monkey that didnt speed up $hit lolol does it work now? do perks work now?

Thanks for the feedback...

Car fixes we are waitig on because we are upgrading the game engine from the Unreal 4.13 version to the 4.16 version which has some vehicle fixes in it. We don't want to have to fix those things twice or fix something that is already fixed with the integration.

We are working on the perk fixes now for the patch after the hotfix.

9 hours ago, Demon Jason said:

Increases a few the time to get the ability of morphing in small maps to get some time

Ill pass on the feedback. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Survival said:

I can't play the game at all. Since two days ago, the game freezes after the "Press XYZ to Start". It starts connecting and then freezes forever. I reported the bug, but I just hope this patch will somehow make the game playable for me.

Thank you for the information, looking forward to the patch. You guys will get the hang of it. Everyone has to learn in order to get better :).

Hmmm, thats not good, can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will so he can get some info from you?

8 hours ago, xDarkWarriorr said:

I glad too see this bugs have been solved in this next quickly update, thanks in advance!  , but i have something that i want suggest: maybe is possible to change the ping threshold in PC/XB1 to 300ms? because a lot players are from USA and the ping with them is not +300ms (fortunately) so maybe if you can change this in PC/XB1 too we can find more lobby's/players quickly (and avoid wait more time for a match).

anyway thanks again, I very appreciated for your work!

All three platforms have different network architecture. I will double check but I am not sure if we can change it on PC and XB1.

8 hours ago, Virtualize said:

Noticed something in the hotfix patch notes. Were you aware that the phone box in Packanack Small (Kitchen), is also blocked by environmental objects?

I will double check but I think we got that one.

7 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Saw something interesting while playing on Xbox this evening.:wacko:

I was spectating while some friends were working on killing Jason. Jason moved in to try to deal with three counselors (Vanessa with a bat, Deb w/ sweater, and Tommy with machete). Jason grabbed the Deb with the sweater but she had a pocket knife. She shanked him, broke free, and immediately used the sweater on Jason who was just starting to stand back up to pull the knife out. While he was in the animation to remove the knife, Vanessa hit him with a bat and he dropped to his knees (Jason did not go into the "break free" animation for the sweater). Tommy began the execution (sepia tone color change) and.......loud buzzing noise in the audio, game freezes, and I was dashboarded. I have no idea what happened after that. I think everyone crashed out. This was on Higgins Small.

1)  I assume Jason should not be able to be affected by the sweater in a recovery/stun animation.

2)  It is the first dashboard that has happened post patch, though it appears to have affected everyone as a direct result of the trigger for the Jason kill sequence (when Tommy pushes the button to initiate it).

 

Thanks for the info

The Sweater always affects Jason, even when stunned.

Hmmm, other people were complaining about dashboarding during kills, I wonder if the sweater was also involved with those matches or something similar...thanks for the details on it.

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Gertz The ONLY reason players had trouble hitting open windows with Jasons with shorter weapons(axes and machetes) is because they did not know that there were two kinds of attack from combat stance, quick attack(kind of diagonally downward horizontal) and power attack(vertical). It was completely fine, it was just that new players didn't know to do it. Creating a more in-depth tutorial would have completely fixed this issue.

Furthermore, there are a few windows that are above Jason's head from the exterior of the buildings(Packanack Lodge main building, Higgins main house). In the previous system Jason could break these windows from outside with the combat stance overhead power attack. With this new window break animation, Jason would have to go all the way inside into each individual room to trigger the window break animation  to break those windows.

That's my stance on windows. I do have something to say about combat stance vs doors and destructible interior walls: I'm kind of 50/50 on the speed advantage that combat stance attacks give to doors. It's annoying as a counselor but kind of annoying as Jason if only using the standard chopping animation. But my biggest problem is that Jason clips 3/4 of his body through those doors and walls to reach REALLY far into the house, making counter-attacks difficult. If anything needed some attention, it was this door & wall issue, not the windows. Example:

B3OY3D2.jpg

If the door breaking system was changed somehow to fix this, I would love that. I think you should increase the likelihood of Jason's weapon gets stuck for a few seconds when using combat stance attacks against destructible objects, and somehow keep Jason from clipping through it.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

 

5 hours ago, Apollyon said:

i loved shifting up to ppl about to get in a window then cancel shift with a free swing to cancel their animation.... now when i do that their animation continues and i have to watch them tea bag me :(

You should do damage again with the hotfix which then should cancel the animation

4 hours ago, Max Walker said:

Lucky for us the window thing is being fixed, next thing on the list is Jason's killing of the counselors should give us the kill right at the beginning of his animation so it won't matter if rage quitters leave once you shift-grab them.  Hope this is an easy fix for Devs because we're all tired of rage quitters leaving right when you grab them and preventing us from getting the points and a cool  counselor death for our efforts.

Thanks for the feedback!

3 hours ago, AirMoons said:

Wow, thanks a lot for reverting the threshold back to 300ms, non-US player will be able to quick play normally again :)

Changes to windows are also something I was expecting, so this is perfect for me :)

Good luck for the hotfix ;)

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Stoneface said:

What about the stun time on Jason?  It seems now once he is stunned the other players can be to the other side of the map before Jason comes out of stun. 

The time didnt change but some things were giving the Counselors the ability to chain stun Jason. Those should be fixed.

2 hours ago, Jds255 said:

Will the hot fix address PhD in murder for Xbox? That is still broken despite being in the patch notes for the previous patch 

Unfortunately no, we have a fix now but that one takes a long time to test and we want to make sure we fixed it on all platforms this time.

2 hours ago, Deeify said:

I may have missed it elsewhere but, has there been talk of fixing the water kills?  Almost everytime now, the counselors floating in water glitch out, start spazzing wildly, and their hair goes crazy when Jason activates the kill.

Also, thanks for the recent communication!  Good news or bad, it really helps us fans feel like we're in the loop.

You are welcome!

Does the issue break the game or is it just ugly to look at?

1 hour ago, Grape said:

I submitted this to the "Bugs" section, but figured I would also post here.

Playing as Jason the other day on Packanack Small. A counselor kept fixing the phone box w/o setting off the 2 traps I had placed on it.

This occurred 3 times during the match. Phone cabin was at the northern section of the map.

Strange, I wonder if it was a space issue...can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will to get details?

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

GREAT! Glad to know that Jason wasn't meant to take damage while stunned. And that it's being fixed. Hopefully it's soon so I can play again. I also like the new window animation. So speeding it up will hopefully make everyone happy. 

You are welcome!

1 hour ago, Shadow_Master said:

First of all thanks for the fast response to these issues.Secondly,I think Jason is supposed to be kind of unstoppable.I mean putting him through an animation when he breaks windows...it just stops the motion.As fast as the animation is,this is a nerf to Jason.He should be able to circle a house,break windows real quick,just like it used to be.You made this to fix the problem with windows not breaking but now it is worse.After all,holding down LMB for half a second would put him in a vertical weapon hit which always breaks windows.

The animation is quick now..and you are welcome!

Jason is supposed to be a wrecking ball in the game, in the movies only 1 or 2 people survive and we want the same thing here.

 

55 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

3 times when Ive joined a match as a spectator and they've killed Jason, I've been dashboarded just before the machete or axe hits. I thought it was to stop you seeing it before you done it yourself, or was actually in the match watching.

Xbox I assume? Do you have all achievements but the PhD for Murder one? Was the Sweater used?

50 minutes ago, Bates said:

Did I miss in the hot fix list where they are going to fix the garbage Frame Rate since the patch? 20FPS is no way to play this game when I was playing at a steady 40-50. 

To risky for a hotfix this time, we are still working on it but I dont want to cause additional problems or delay the rest of it

38 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

THANK YOU. Sweet jesus, it's infuriating enough that window breaking is stuck to an animation, but it was more infuriating that if you were chasing someone and they got to a window, you can't do anything. They are invincible and can just waltz on through it without danger of being grabbed or hit.

I'm still not happy with windows being context or throwing knife only, but this should shut up some of those trash talkers who think they are hot shit because they only got away due to window invincibility, despite me standing there slapping them again and again or even pelting them with a knife before they get to the window.

You are welcome!

20 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Sometimes a host will have a full lobby and not ready up for 3 to 5 minutes. To get a full lobby can take 10 to 20 minutes.

Then another 10 seconds in a loading menu. Then the 20 second intro.

If you spawn at the phone box or area Jason goes to instantly you get tunnel visioned until your dead.

Then I have to watch players who make no effort to play the objective. They hide in a closet, under a bed, exploit, team up with Jason or troll for 20 minutes.

That is boring to watch. Im not waisting 20 minutes on that when I can be in another private match right away.

Quickplay has been a bad experience for me. No one uses their mics or leaves party chat. Host always rage quits 90% of the time.

I get into empty lobbies 10 times in a row before I can join one full lobby. This happened before the patch and after the new patch.

I would love for matches to be 15 minutes. It's always that last 5 minutes that the game will crash or host gets mad and leaves. NO XP.

20 minutes for a match is too long to be forced into specate mode at the start.

If I wanted to watch players playing the game I would use Mixer or Twitch. I want to play the game. Not watch people play it.

When you tell me to ''be patient'' you don't understand the crazy shenanigans Xbox One players had to suffer since the launch date.

This new patch killed the framerate and sucked all the fun out of being Jason. New small maps are not ''fast paced''.

Matches easily last 20 minutes. You would think that a small map would end in 10 minutes or less. Nope.

Window animations, broken door animations and other game breaking bugs make sure the odds are against Jason.

I watched Jason use the animation on doors and miss several times before permanently getting stuck. This happens about every 2 games.

The counselors get many issues that are unfair too.

Car parts can't be placed in the car. Car bugs out or flips. Glitch on top of car. Jason instantly grabs and kills the driver with no animation. Jason can't grab driver.

Phonebox bugs out and can't use the fuse. Can't call the police. Falling out of the map into ''space''. Jumping out a 2nd story window to get stuck in stairs.

I could go on forever about the bugs. You get the point. Thanks for the reply mojitodominc and welcome to the forum. I try to avoid troll lobbies.

When I use the looking for group posts I join through their profile. If I see "AVOID THIS PLAYER" or "NEEDS WORK" for their reputation they go to my block list. DEAD GIVEAWAY:lol:

 

I want dedicated servers asap and the best experience for all players without the game breaking bugs and host quits.

I enjoy playing the game very much but sometimes it will test my patience to the breaking point.

I do appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into the Friday The 13th game, patches, single player and DLC. Thank you.

Thank you to Gertz too for staying actively engaged with the community and for all the information.

Thanks for the feedback! Id like to hear back after the hotfix as I think a lot of this is addressed.

8 minutes ago, The.Dark.God said:

@Gertz I'm going to hijack this slightly in case you have an "audio" or "sound" group like the art folks, but can you comment on if a fix will be coming (or even an awareness of the problem) that the male counselors almost all share the same voice?  In the Virtual Cabin, all the counselors have distinct speech recorded, but in-game everybody but Chad uses the voice that is I guess Kenny's voice.  It just seems things aren't chained up quite right.  Clearly not a game-breaking issue but would be awesome to have fixed!

We are aware and working on it, some of them are going to sound similar as the same actor played multiple roles but it sounds like the same file is being played for everyone right now.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gertz said:

We are aware and working on it, some of them are going to sound similar as the same actor played multiple roles but it sounds like the same file is being played for everyone right now.

@Gertz That's great!  I know the same voice actor played a couple counselors but these are definitely the identical sound files.  He sounds much more distinct as each character in the Virtual Cabin.  Glad to know it's something you folks are aware of, thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gertz said:

 

  •  
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4

Oh whaaat? I am from South America and I really dont wanna play again with 400ms or 300ms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't we just have the option to use the animation and/or combat stance to break windows, just like the doors?

This would fix it for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gertz said:

I would hit up Discord today and find [IllFonic] Will to get the video to. He is part of the QA team and is helping people out.

You and me both, but it does prevent a lot of issue from going live. They generally focus on stability and consistency regarding their own platforms. Things like making sure button prompts and messaging uses the correct terminology so all games are the same.

You are welcome. Waiting for people to get back from PAX to discuss the PTR option, no promises.

Thanks for the feedback...

Car fixes we are waitig on because we are upgrading the game engine from the Unreal 4.13 version to the 4.16 version which has some vehicle fixes in it. We don't want to have to fix those things twice or fix something that is already fixed with the integration.

We are working on the perk fixes now for the patch after the hotfix.

Ill pass on the feedback. Thanks!

Hmmm, thats not good, can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will so he can get some info from you?

All three platforms have different network architecture. I will double check but I am not sure if we can change it on PC and XB1.

I will double check but I think we got that one.

Thanks for the info

The Sweater always affects Jason, even when stunned.

Hmmm, other people were complaining about dashboarding during kills, I wonder if the sweater was also involved with those matches or something similar...thanks for the details on it.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

 

You should do damage again with the hotfix which then should cancel the animation

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you!

The time didnt change but some things were giving the Counselors the ability to chain stun Jason. Those should be fixed.

Unfortunately no, we have a fix now but that one takes a long time to test and we want to make sure we fixed it on all platforms this time.

You are welcome!

Does the issue break the game or is it just ugly to look at?

Strange, I wonder if it was a space issue...can you jump into Discord and get in touch with [IllFonic] Will to get details?

You are welcome!

The animation is quick now..and you are welcome!

Jason is supposed to be a wrecking ball in the game, in the movies only 1 or 2 people survive and we want the same thing here.

 

Xbox I assume? Do you have all achievements but the PhD for Murder one? Was the Sweater used?

To risky for a hotfix this time, we are still working on it but I dont want to cause additional problems or delay the rest of it

You are welcome!

Thanks for the feedback! Id like to hear back after the hotfix as I think a lot of this is addressed.

We are aware and working on it, some of them are going to sound similar as the same actor played multiple roles but it sounds like the same file is being played for everyone right now.

On xbox yes. Haven't got all the achievements. This has happened from the beginning(since launch). Just as the kill blow is about to hit Jason, funny noise then dashboard. Only happens spectating a match you haven't took part in.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now