Jump to content
Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

Recommended Posts

Other than the lack of tools the counselors had to combat Jason in Beta, which led to a lot of the complaints of counselor being pointless to play.

I think the other major reason for the shift of balance towards counselor was Jason wiping out people within the first minute or two of the match, depending on where he morphed first. Whether it was the phone box, whether it was the 4 seater. Whoever was alone was screwed unless they were one of the faster counselors. Which led to a VERY FRUSTRATING issue of spectating being boring when you die a minute in.

Spectating is still one of the major complaints about the game. Problem is what do to about it. Many have made suggestions about what to do.

I'm reminded of Contagion, a first person zombie game. When you died as survivor, you came back as a zombie a couple times, after a couple zombie deaths, you came back as a bug that could roam around the map and spectate. I don't remember if you were stripped of spectating privileges once someone stepped on you as a bug. However I remember there was more to do once you died as survivor.

Maybe in Friday the 13th. When you die, you could become a cricket or something and roam around the map, or maybe a bigger wild life animal. Perhaps an Owl or something. Point being something to do other than waiting to be Jarvis when its not a guarantee.

That said, I do agree with the larger complaints. I think Jason would be fine if the window mechanics were rolled back as well as the doors. Its almost like they want nothing to do with touching grab because they know how controversial that would be in the community, so instead they went with something else. Only problem is the outcry for windows and doors were NOTHING compared to the outcry of grabs being instant death without a knife or help from others because grab struggle means almost nothing in its current state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got 7/8 without a morph marker. I shouldn't have to play like this. Please hurry up and sort this shit out. Thats 9 matches in a row without one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Other than the lack of tools the counselors had to combat Jason in Beta, which led to a lot of the complaints of counselor being pointless to play.

I think the other major reason for the shift of balance towards counselor was Jason wiping out people within the first minute or two of the match, depending on where he morphed first. Whether it was the phone box, whether it was the 4 seater. Whoever was alone was screwed unless they were one of the faster counselors. Which led to a VERY FRUSTRATING issue of spectating being boring when you die a minute in.

Spectating is still one of the major complaints about the game. Problem is what do to about it. Many have made suggestions about what to do.

I'm reminded of Contagion, a first person zombie game. When you died as survivor, you came back as a zombie a couple times, after a couple zombie deaths, you came back as a bug that could roam around the map and spectate. I don't remember if you were stripped of spectating privileges once someone stepped on you as a bug. However I remember there was more to do once you died as survivor.

Maybe in Friday the 13th. When you die, you could become a cricket or something and roam around the map, or maybe a bigger wild life animal. Perhaps an Owl or something. Point being something to do other than waiting to be Jarvis when its not a guarantee.

That said, I do agree with the larger complaints. I think Jason would be fine if the window mechanics were rolled back as well as the doors. Its almost like they want nothing to do with touching grab because they know how controversial that would be in the community, so instead they went with something else. Only problem is the outcry for windows and doors were NOTHING compared to the outcry of grabs being instant death without a knife or help from others because grab struggle means almost nothing in its current state.

You should come back as one of the many dogs throughout the series. You die in one hit but can bite Jason's ankle as an attack with a long cooldown to that ability. Only one dog per match though and someone needs to find and blow a dog whistle in the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AlBundy.jpg

:::SMH:::

Why are we still talking about this? Illfonic already explained what happened. It was explained what was intentional and what wasn't. I wish that first threat started by Gertz hadn't been un-pinned...lots of good info there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

AlBundy.jpg

:::SMH:::

Why are we still talking about this? Illfonic already explained what happened. It was explained what was intentional and what wasn't. I wish that first threat started by Gertz hadn't been un-pinned...lots of good info there.

Not everyone agrees with the changes though, like the windows, which were fine and did not need touched while other glaring issues were left alone. So isntead of fixing something that needed it, they broke something that was fine, and opened up another can of worms along with it all. I will give them credit when it is due. They have the basic structure of a great game, free Retro Jason was great along with his music, but when they make bone headed decisions I and many others are going to chime in. Perhaps chiming in won't do anything but it's better than just acting like everything is peachy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Not everyone agrees with the changes though, like the windows, which were fine and did not need touched while other glaring issues were left alone. So isntead of fixing something that needed it, they broke something that was fine, and opened up another can of worms along with it all. I will give them credit when it is due. They have the basic structure of a great game, free Retro Jason was great along with his music, but when they make bone headed decisions I and many others are going to chime in. Perhaps chiming in won't do anything but it's better than just acting like everything is peachy.

It is not so much about agreement. I'm just saying people are still speculating on the "why" when that was answered. It is very confusing. It is like nobody bothers to read what the Devs say, but complain they don't talk later.;)

It is not so much directed at you Venom, but rather the sheer number of posts in this topic that seem so uniformed. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

It is not so much about agreement. I'm just saying people are still speculating on the "why" when that was answered. It is very confusing. It is like nobody bothers to read what the Devs say, but complain they don't talk later.;)

It is not so much directed at you Venom, but rather the sheer number of posts in this topic that seem so uniformed. :huh:

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply you were directing it at me or anything. Was just tossing out my two cents is all. No biggy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stopped playing the game drastically since this last patch. The window breaking mechanic absolutely sucks, and is borderline game breaking. And as always, Xbox players get the shaft when it comes to updates. I don't care how much new content they advertise (insert the usual "soon" bullshit), when they change game mechanics that nobody asked for (or wants), and won't change it back, and consistently leave one group of players stuck waiting on updates, while others don't. Just...to hell with it. I have better things to spend my time and money on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, and the fact that things have gone silent again is worrying. I know they said Xbox wasn't getting the hot fix, but they need to offer us up some information if that's the case. Are we going to be stuck waiting for the update when it goes live on ps4 and pc? Why do we keep getting left behind (don't blame Microsoft, I've never seen a game worse with cross platform updates than this one) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Yeah, and the fact that things have gone silent again is worrying. 1) I know they said Xbox wasn't getting the hot fix, but 2)they need to offer us up some information if that's the case. 3) Are we going to be stuck waiting for the update when it goes live on ps4 and pc? Why do we keep getting left behind 4) (don't blame Microsoft, I've never seen a game worse with cross platform updates than this one) 

1) Correct.

2) Umm. No a second time. <_<

3. Yes

4. Why not? It IS Microsoft's fault because their cert process takes forever - especially with Indie Devs who have no pull to speed up the process.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

1) Correct.

2) Umm. No a second time. <_<

3. Yes

4. Why not? It IS Microsoft's fault because their cert process takes forever - especially with Indie Devs who have no pull to speed up the process.

 

 

I know, and I feel sorry for all Xbox players who bought into that platform, everyone else shouldn't have to wait because M$ can't get the sh*t together with their process. Don't support M$ and *DONT* buy XBoxes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sh0nx said:

I know, and I feel sorry for all Xbox players who bought into that platform, everyone else shouldn't have to wait because M$ can't get the sh*t together with their process. Don't support M$ and *DONT* buy XBoxes...

I've never played a multi platform game.. ever.. that's had this many problems with patching equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×