Sign in to follow this  
xXxEspoxXx

PhD in Murder

Hi can some post the PHD in murder kill list for me.

I have searched and couldn't find it on the boards. If there is already one could you attach the link.

Please and thanks everyone.

14 minutes ago, xXxEspoxXx said:

Hi can some post the PHD in murder kill list for me.

I have searched and couldn't find it on the boards. If there is already one could you attach the link.

Please and thanks everyone.

Here is a video that has 23 of them, I'll list them along with time in video under the link:

Now do the math here, that's 23 environmental kills. Add that to 15 Grab Kills and 18 Jason kills, you get 56 kills. Now there's a LOT of conflicting information both on this forum and others on the "actual" number of Jason kills needed to pop the trophy. The only one not listed there that someone in another thread claimed was unique was killing someone hiding in the barn closet. That would bring the number to 57. Depending on the source, others claim there's 58 or 59 kills needed, and those last two are a mystery. I've scoured these and other forums looking for the answer and have come up empty.

However, I'm playing on PS4, and following the most recent patch the PhD in Murder and Killer Franchise trophies have popped from 0.0% to 0.1% achieved, so it IS possible, but maddening it seems to figure out.

You might also notice I didn't include bear trap kill, knife kill, or the ones that can be done in multiple locations. The reason I haven't included those is because I've done all of them, multiple locations, nothing works.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:05 PM, Switters said:

Here is a video that has 23 of them, I'll list them along with time in video under the link:

Now do the math here, that's 23 environmental kills. Add that to 15 Grab Kills and 18 Jason kills, you get 56 kills. Now there's a LOT of conflicting information both on this forum and others on the "actual" number of Jason kills needed to pop the trophy. The only one not listed there that someone in another thread claimed was unique was killing someone hiding in the barn closet. That would bring the number to 57. Depending on the source, others claim there's 58 or 59 kills needed, and those last two are a mystery. I've scoured these and other forums looking for the answer and have come up empty.

However, I'm playing on PS4, and following the most recent patch the PhD in Murder and Killer Franchise trophies have popped from 0.0% to 0.1% achieved, so it IS possible, but maddening it seems to figure out.

You might also notice I didn't include bear trap kill, knife kill, or the ones that can be done in multiple locations. The reason I haven't included those is because I've done all of them, multiple locations, nothing works.

Grab kills

1.       Backbreaker

2.       Bear hug

3.       Body slam

4.       Choke

5.       Eye gouge

6.       Head crush

7.       Head punch

8.       Head rip

9.       Head squeeze

10.    Head stomp

11.    Heart punch

12.    Jaw rip

13.    Knee snap

14.    Neck twist

15.    Two handed choke

Weapon kills

Part 2

16.    Can opener

17.    Headbutt

18.    Throat hack

Part 3

19.    Crotch chop

20.    Head chop

21.    Stunner

Part 6

22.    Knock down

23.    Spear impale

24.    Shish kebab

Part 7

25.    Dismember

26.    Eviscerate

27.    Machete stab

Part 8

28.    Chin strike

29.    Double tap

30.    Fire axe throw

Part 9

31.    Chest stab, head chop

32.    Decapitate

33.    How to peel a coconut

Map specific kills

34.    Camp Crystal Lake – Repair shop – Face slam

35.    Higgins Haven – Barn fence – Face smash

36.    Higgins Haven – Barn closet

37.    Higgins Haven – Graveyard fence – Impale

Hiding spot kills

38.    Bed

39.    Closet/cupboard

40.    Outhouse

41.    Sleeping bag/tent

Environment kills

42.    Big tree - Impale

43.    Bird bath

44.    Cabin wall – Backbreaker

45.    Cabin wall – Head punch

46.    Cabin wall – Head slam

47.    Campfire

48.    Chair

49.    Coat hooks

50.    Corner slam – Can be done on desk, Higgins Haven porch, Packanack porch, rock, shuffleboard table, or tombstone

51.    Door slam

52.    Drowning

53.    Fireplace

54.    Small tree – Arm rip

55.    Toilet

56.    Tree stump

57.    Water pump

58.    Window

FiHiKYNl.png

First, that video is almost 3 months old and states - known kills. The trophy was bugged because it was requiring a 60th kill because of the buggy boat kill, when that was removed it then required the normal 59.

15 minutes ago, Switters said:

Have you popped the trophy? If so, on which console?

Not yet, but this is the listed I've seen people post that have.

Just now, hu_soldier13 said:

Not yet, but this is the listed I've seen people post that have.

Apparently the trophy is still bugged on Xbox but PS4 players are getting it.

8 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Apparently the trophy is still bugged on Xbox but PS4 players are getting it.

Well, they're not getting it using that list. I've done every single kill on that list, including all of the ones that can be done inside as well as out, and just now did the backbreaker inside and out of the cabin just to be sure. I've done the "Slammed" kill (number 51 on your list) in every location listed, including some you haven't listed such as record player, power box and others. I started this endeavor with that video two months ago and have tried every variation since, and kept a spreadsheet checking off each one I've done. This list is incomplete, if someone is posting it and claiming they've popped the trophy on PS4, they're trolling you unless they're offering up a screenshot of when the trophy popped.

7 minutes ago, Switters said:

Well, they're not getting it using that list. I've done every single kill on that list, including all of the ones that can be done inside as well as out, and just now did the backbreaker inside and out of the cabin just to be sure. I've done the "Slammed" kill (number 51 on your list) in every location listed, including some you haven't listed such as record player, power box and others. I started this endeavor with that video two months ago and have tried every variation since, and kept a spreadsheet checking off each one I've done. This list is incomplete, if someone is posting it and claiming they've popped the trophy on PS4, they're trolling you unless they're offering up a screenshot of when the trophy popped.

Good to know. I've been basing my progress off of that list, it was the most complete one I could find. I'll do some more looking around and update it as I get more info.

Hi thanks all for the replies. This will help me out now. I have 85 % complete on the X box one for the PHD  in Murder achievement.

If anyone wants to add me so we can help each other out and get the achievement together that would be awesome.

GamerTag is - xXxEsPoxXx

1 hour ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Good to know. I've been basing my progress off of that list, it was the most complete one I could find. I'll do some more looking around and update it as I get more info.

Btw, the "Slammed", "Cracked" and "Brutalized" kills? There's literally over a dozen locations on each map to do them. Inside, outside, the Slammed one in particular can be done off of any railed surface including fences, picnic bench, low spots on the ground; if any of these had to be done repeatedly in different locations the required killcount would be over 100, not 57, 58, or 59.

18 minutes ago, Switters said:

Btw, the "Slammed", "Cracked" and "Brutalized" kills? There's literally over a dozen locations on each map to do them. Inside, outside, the Slammed one in particular can be done off of any railed surface including fences, picnic bench, low spots on the ground; if any of these had to be done repeatedly in different locations the required killcount would be over 100, not 57, 58, or 59.

True, thanks for the help. Wouldn't IllFonic replying 'yes' to a question asking if the achievement was glitching due to it looking for a 60th kill all but confirm there's 59?

43 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

True, thanks for the help. Wouldn't IllFonic replying 'yes' to a question asking if the achievement was glitching due to it looking for a 60th kill all but confirm there's 59?

That's not the problem. The problem is the list you're using. You can remove numbers 34 and 47 because they're redundant kills. The repair shop kill is I believe "Slammed" which as I said is available in over a dozen unique locations, the back breaker one you have bolded as being done "outside" making it unique, which it isn't. 

There are two possibilities here:

1. The redundant kills which can be done in multiple locations have to be done at EVERY POSSIBLE LOCATION for that kill to be "done". If that's the case, it's pretty deceptive for a dev to allow someone to operate under the assumption that "Slammed" for example only has to be done once in any one location to count. Case in point: the "Pruned" kill, where you tear the Counselor's arms off? Yeah, that isn't exclusively a "Tree" kill. I did it last night on the regular Higgen's map using a utility pole, not a tree, by the cemetery. So imagine now that you have to hit EVERY environmental kill on EVERY map. I'd wager that's over 300 locations.

Edit: This would also mean that while they shouldn't count if they're redundant, that two of the kills do, otherwise it wouldn't tally to 59

2. There are some extremely difficult, yet to be found (by a regular player) kills that are known by a dev and have been done by a dev while logged into a PSN account.

I think the first possibility, using the least assumptions, to be the correct one. Even if only one player was tenacious enough to do literally every kill that popped up on every map, it'd still hit the 0.1% done. The reason I think this is plausible is that prior to the last patch it was 0.0% and directly after it was 0.1%. The servers were so screwed following the most recent patch I don't think it's reasonable to assume that someone suddenly found a new kill, the devs have always said that trophy was glitched, not that the kills hadn't been discovered. Whoever popped it has probably long since stopped playing the game, because it's improbable that no one would have come forward with some evidence that they'd popped the trophy and an explanation as to how, people post in forums and on YT any and everything they find if they feel like they were the first to do it. And really, if anyone had taken the time to do literally every kill on every map early on and still not have the trophy popped? I probably would have stopped playing myself.

1 minute ago, Switters said:

That's not the problem. The problem is the list you're using. You can remove numbers 34 and 47 because they're redundant kills. The repair shop kill is I believe "Slammed" which as I said is available in over a dozen unique locations, the back breaker one you have bolded as being done "outside" making it unique, which it isn't. 

There are two possibilities here:

1. The redundant kills which can be done in multiple locations have to be done at EVERY POSSIBLE LOCATION for that kill to be "done". If that's the case, it's pretty deceptive for a dev to allow someone to operate under the assumption that "Slammed" for example only has to be done once in any one location to count. Case in point: the "Pruned" kill, where you tear the Counselor's arms off? Yeah, that isn't exclusively a "Tree" kill. I did it last night on the regular Higgen's map using a utility pole, not a tree, by the cemetery. So imagine now that you have to hit EVERY environmental kill on EVERY map. I'd wager that's over 300 locations.

2. There are some extremely difficult, yet to be found (by a regular player) kills that are known by a dev and have been done by a dev while logged into a PSN account.

I think the first possibility, using the least assumptions, to be the correct one. Even if only one player was tenacious enough to do literally every kill that popped up on every map, it'd still hit the 0.1% done. The reason I think this is plausible is that prior to the last patch it was 0.0% and directly after it was 0.1%. The servers were so screwed following the most recent patch I don't think it's reasonable to assume that someone suddenly found a new kill, the devs have always said that trophy was glitched, not that the kills hadn't been discovered. Whoever popped it has probably long since stopped playing the game, because it's improbable that no one would have come forward with some evidence that they'd popped the trophy and an explanation as to how, people post in forums and on YT any and everything they find if they feel like they were the first to do it. And really, if anyone had taken the time to do literally every kill on every map early on and still not have the trophy popped? I probably would have stopped playing myself.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me, at least I can work on the other 57 until we figure out what the other 2 are!

A couple of kills are on the covered bridge in Higgins between Blair's Cove and Stillwater and the raised house across the street diagonally from the Packanack Lodge.

6 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

A couple of kills are on the covered bridge in Higgins between Blair's Cove and Stillwater and the raised house across the street diagonally from the Packanack Lodge.

First time hearing of any of these, I'll go check them out today.

1 hour ago, Tai_6969 said:

I go to the trophy last night when I threw a counselor through the window from outside. 

Which console?

Edit: Nevermind, checked your post history and saw that you're on PS4. I'd love to see the screenshot for when you popped the trophy, please post it.

1 hour ago, Switters said:

Which console?

Edit: Nevermind, checked your post history and saw that you're on PS4. I'd love to see the screenshot for when you popped the trophy, please post it.

When I get on my ps4 I can send the screenshot. I'm not sure how to do that here

On 8/31/2017 at 3:31 PM, hu_soldier13 said:

First time hearing of any of these, I'll go check them out today.

I tried all three on the bridge (one is "Smashed", the other two are "Slammed") and both "Smashed" ones at the stilthouse in Packanack. In addition I went through and did the "Slammed" kill at 11 more unique locations, and to be thorough, Hide and Seek kills in both Barn closets, a "Cracked", "Smashed" and "Hung" in Jason's shack, went through all Jasons and did their weapon kills, and a "Smashed" kill at the Gazebo in Higgen's. I've done all of these in addition to every one listed in the YT video I posted as well as all the ones that were redundant but I had not done that were in the video attached to KillingJoke's tutorial on PSNProfiles (which honestly shouldn't be attached to a Trophy Guide as the video even states it's not a complete list). So, frankly I'm at my wit's end, I truly believe it might be glitched in my save game data.

The reason I'm starting to think this is today I was in a match and at the end was awarded the "Snake" Badge 1/1 for wriggling out of Jason's grasp. I maxed out all my badges almost two months ago. I actually saved the clip so I can send it to Gun and ask them WTF is happening.

On 9/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, Switters said:

I tried all three on the bridge (one is "Smashed", the other two are "Slammed") and both "Smashed" ones at the stilthouse in Packanack. In addition I went through and did the "Slammed" kill at 11 more unique locations, and to be thorough, Hide and Seek kills in both Barn closets, a "Cracked", "Smashed" and "Hung" in Jason's shack, went through all Jasons and did their weapon kills, and a "Smashed" kill at the Gazebo in Higgen's. I've done all of these in addition to every one listed in the YT video I posted as well as all the ones that were redundant but I had not done that were in the video attached to KillingJoke's tutorial on PSNProfiles (which honestly shouldn't be attached to a Trophy Guide as the video even states it's not a complete list). So, frankly I'm at my wit's end, I truly believe it might be glitched in my save game data.

The reason I'm starting to think this is today I was in a match and at the end was awarded the "Snake" Badge 1/1 for wriggling out of Jason's grasp. I maxed out all my badges almost two months ago. I actually saved the clip so I can send it to Gun and ask them WTF is happening.

So did we figure out what was wrong with the list?

I hadn't performed every kill yet before the trophy was patched. If I base progress off of that list after the patch should I get it?

29 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

So did we figure out what was wrong with the list?

I hadn't performed every kill yet before the trophy was patched. If I base progress off of that list after the patch should I get it?

If the Xbox still says 0.0% have achieved it I would say it's safe to assume it's still glitched and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Until you see that 0.0 move to 0.1, I wouldn't sweat it, there's nothing you can do or speculate on to pop it just yet.

I also have the trophy, I got it as soon as the new 2nd last patch came out (as I had done every kill previous). This was on PS4. I just did one kill after the patch and the trophy popped.
So YES, it is 100% possible to get and NO, it is not still glitched.

0c.jpg