Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

When legit Jason kills don't work

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheHansonGoons/videos

Everything in place, had the set up correct, and Jason didn't get knocked down?! Very frustrating. My only guess is because my AJ was in combat stance and didn't take a swing.

Yeah man, it's better to not get close at all than to get one swing away and have it go wrong. That sucks bro!

It's difficult to get the timing right if the person using the sweater is also the one that tries to stun Jason. At least for me. Buggzy  shoulda whacked him with that wrench. Sorry about that man, you guys were sooooo close! ?

Sweater seems bugged since the patch. Two instances last night where the Sweater didn't even stop Jason in his tracks. Just had no effect.

Man I love this patch...

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Guys the game has BARELY been out three months. You expect patches to just fix current issues and not create new ones? 

;)

edgy as fuck bro.

• Like 1

Just now, AldermachXI said:

edgy as fuck bro.

Kinda reminds me of Adam Palomino.

I'll go jump off a bridge now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Just saying man,give them more time. Game hasn't even peaked yet.

:P;)

You sure as shit did though...like week 1.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You sure as shit did though...like week 1.

Sure sure Alder whatever you say,you are pretty much the only regular here who has a problem with me but I'm just saying that the game is barely out and it's not AAA so a lot of people are having unrealistic expectations. Give the game a year and see where it stands before you judge patches. Also,something something battlefield launch.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Sure sure Alder whatever you say,you are pretty much the only regular here with a problem with me but I'm just saying that the game is barely out and it's not AAA so a lot of people are having unrealistic expectations. Give the game a year and see where it stands because you judge it. Also,something something battlefield.

lol...Maybe it's because you choose to quote things I've said in the past in nearly all of your (bad) attempts at trolling?

You say it like it's a joke...But it's still true: 3 months isn't too bad overall. Biggest tell now is how quickly they turn around and try to fix this patch, and I do maintain that the game will be better in a year than it is now. It'll probably be dying again by then. But it'll be in better shape, functionally, than it is now.

And why do you care anyways? You clearly like seeing the devs fuck up.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...Maybe it's because you choose to quote things I've said in the past in nearly all of your (bad) attempts at trolling?

You say it like it's a joke...But it's still true: 3 months isn't too bad overall. Biggest tell now is how quickly they turn around and try to fix this patch, and I do maintain that the game will be better in a year than it is now. It'll probably be dying again by then. But it'll be in better shape, functionally, than it is now.

And why do you care anyways? You clearly like seeing the devs fuck up.

Nah,I don't really troll. I like to quote the "barely been out" line because it's honestly ridiculous,especially because nothing has proven this game can get on the right track and stay there. But that's okay because that's just like,your opinion man. Just like I have mine. I hit you with that line because suddenly you've taken a turn to the negative lately,and everyone in my PMs have noticed and we're all basically like "whoa even Alder is getting on the negativity train." It's just strange seeing the biggest defenders put the shield and sword down for a minute. Hell,even Laphin was throwing some mild shade.

And I hate seeing the devs fuck up. I truly do.

• Like 1

Anyone will get discouraged when previously working mechanics start to go to shit. It shouldn't happen. Yet it often does...

But to act as though the game can't get better over time (especially those 4-6 months post-launch) is much more ridiculous than quoting the "barely been out" line. Ignoring the hype from launch, MOST games peak after 6 months or so, when the devs have had a chance to fix bugs and add DLC. I really don't see how this timeline is any different. In fact, it seems they're right on schedule with the rest of the industry in that department.

Not bad for a small indie team, if you ask me ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

But to act as though the game can't get better over time (especially those 4-6 months post-launch) is much more ridiculous than quoting the "barely been out" line

It can get better.

I want it to get better.

But since launch it has been one thing after another. And another. Then another. Almost smooth sailing after 3 months on a relatively small (in the grand scheme of gaming/aka this isn't Witcher 3) game that is pretty light on content is what I would EXPECT from a small indie team. Can it get better? Yes it can. With the current track record though, it's not hard to see that it might not get better.

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

It can get better.

I want it to get better.

But since launch it has been one thing after another. And another. Then another. Almost smooth sailing after 3 months on a relatively small (in the grand scheme of gaming/aka this isn't Witcher 3) game that is pretty light on content is what I would EXPECT from a small indie team. Can it get better? Yes it can. With the current track record though, it's not hard to see that it might not get better.

So it CAN get better. You WANT it to get better.

So in the meantime you just act like the devs' passive aggressive wife and mock everything they do with your friends?

Sounds about right...As you were, Sir.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

the devs' passive aggressive wife 

Or husband.

Partner would probably be appropriate too in certain situations.

I think Laphin lied to me. Winky face is not helping in here. I will say something dumb and easily dissprovable by others.

I haven't noticed the sweater not triggering, but I have seen the lack of stun once since patch.

I know that gertz mentioned several different stun calculation errors. I think it is swinging wildly between perma mega stun and missing Jason entirely.

2 hours ago, AirMoons said:

Already done it in combat stance, it works.

I have several legit Jason kills but never had an issue with knocking him down the way I did, namely in combat stance. I almost always get I'm combat stance when I do it. It happens I guess. As @Definitelynotjason noted, maybe it is just stun issues the patch brought about. It was just disappointing and I wondered if it was happening to other people.

Wow, just saw this old thread and realized how relevant it is still. @Super Ty and @Risinggrave will know exactly what I mean. Several times in the past couple months we set up the kill perfectly. Had Tommy hit Jason on the head from behind with the axe but Jason doesn't fall to his knees. Seems to be happening more often since last patch.

43 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Wow, just saw this old thread and realized how relevant it is still. @Super Ty and @Risinggrave will know exactly what I mean. Several times in the past couple months we set up the kill perfectly. Had Tommy hit Jason on the head from behind with the axe but Jason doesn't fall to his knees. Seems to be happening more often since last patch.

It's probably common knowledge but, at the risk of sounding really really stupid in case you all already know this, according to the devs the hit to bring Jason to his knees after the sweater stun is still subject to the stun % stat of the weapon used for the hit. At least that is what Matt told me when I pointed that out thinking it was a glitch. This is the thread where I asked him about it as well as is exact response at the time back in February:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/25882-jason-kill-kneeling-bugexploit/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-347993

" Also, just a note, you said "the hit to kneel Jason down glitches out..." and I wanted to specify something here. That kneeling hit is still subject to the stun attributes of the weapon you are using. So saying it glitches out would require me to know what weapon you were using to verify if it was a glitch or just a bad % chance on the weapon. This is why we recommend the baseball bat a lot."

While he did not discard completely the possibility of a bug glitching out the kill process, from what he said the hit after the sweater stun has a chance to fail. 

• Like 1

Sorry, shouldn't say "glitches out". You are correct in stun% chance is still affected. However, I saw Tommy with an axe three matches in a row not drop Jason to his knees. That is why I say it seems off. 

I still see plenty of kills, but feel the ratio is off. After all, what is Tommy's stun % chance with an axe? Really high considering its 10/10 on everything; the axe being the main wild card(though it still has decent stun chance).

You didnt sound stupid at all and I appreciate the insights!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Sorry, shouldn't say "glitches out". You are correct in stun% chance is still affected. However, I saw Tommy with an axe three matches in a row not drop Jason to his knees. That is why I say it seems off. 

I still see plenty of kills, but feel the ratio is off. After all, what is Tommy's stun % chance with an axe? Really high considering its 10/10 on everything; the axe being the main wild card(though it still has decent stun chance).

You didnt sound stupid at all and I appreciate the insights!

Here's the thing...

Is that person who ends up Tommy running anti-stun perks?  Like thrasher for example.

If so, that would lower the stun chance.  It's also why I make sure to run sucker punch when I'm in kill Jason mode.