Would you pay for DLC ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for DLC Single player?

2. 2. Would you pay for DLC Maps?

3. 3. Would you pay for DLC Perks, Weapons, Skins etc ?

Hey guys. Just curious. I happen to be a fan of DLC but know that it can get pretty expensive and get outta hand. Eg: I brought COD World at War for Xbox360  back in the day for the going cost of $65 . During the games life, they had made 4 DLC Map Packs at $15 a pop. Which I brought all 4. So in the long run the game basically cost me $125. Now I KNOW DLC is an option and not monitory so it's up to you but I just want to get a feel of the how this community feels about this "DLC debate". Thanks.  

Hey guys. Just curious. I happen to be a fan of DLC but know that it can get pretty expensive and get outta hand. Eg: I brought COD World at War for Xbox360 back in the day for the going cost of $65 . During the games life, they had made 4 DLC Map Packs at $15 a pop. Which I brought all 4. So in the long run the game basically cost me $125. Now I KNOW DLC is an option and not monitory so it's up to you but I just want to get a feel of the how this community feels about this "DLC debate". Thanks.

I think the general fan base is OK with DLC however I know that gun would love to ship the whole game with all items in the game but it's s $ issue as you may well know. DLC plans have not been announced where the games launch is the highest priority at this time.

Gaming today DLC is almost industry standard so anyone who is a gamer should be alright with the idea.

• Like 1

I think the general fan base is OK with DLC however I know that gun would love to ship the whole game with all items in the game but it's s $ issue as you may well know. DLC plans have not been announced where the games launch is the highest priority at this time.

Gaming today DLC is almost industry standard so anyone who is a gamer should be alright with the idea.

Agreed. DLC has become the norm in gaming and I know it's a $ issue and I know that working on the main game is the 1sr priority. I just want to get an idea of thoughts of it. All your and teams hard work is appricated!! I know that you guys want to please us all qith the funds you have. I just wanted to a feel of what people were willing to pay for.

Agreed. DLC has become the norm in gaming and I know it's a $ issue and I know that working on the main game is the 1sr priority. I just want to get an idea of thoughts of it. All your and teams hard work is appricated!! I know that you guys want to please us all qith the funds you have. I just wanted to a feel of what people were willing to pay for.

I am but a lowly MOD bringing justice to forum spammers and bots. The real MVP's are at illfonic and Gun Media hard at work day after day. I just sit back and wait for release. Then I'll have to find a way to balance my MOD duties and slash up camp councilors. #jasonproblems. Not sure why I hash tagged but it felt necessary.

Id definitely pay for maps more then anything. skins, maybe if it was the rest of the attires that didn't make it in the game, probably not for camp counsellors unless it was jarvis or something single player is a possibility

For me maps should be given to all players so as to not segregate the community while skins/ alt costumes I see no reason not to. Maybe even include an sdk later on down the line so the community can keep this game going and take some weight of the devs for some of this content creation.

I'd pretty much pay for anything at this point, but I'm with Barricade. I'd rather maps be part of free large scale event updates, while minor things like counselors, skins, outfits or new animations be add on dlc. Whatever comes out though, I'll buy it.

Question: Who chooses what map will be played? Is the person who is Jason the one who picks, because that would make the most sense.

Question: Who chooses what map will be played? Is the person who is Jason the one who picks, because that would make the most sense.

As of now, there's only two confirmed maps so the likelihood is either the group votes in the lobby on which to play before starting or it randomly selects it during the loading process. Nothing is confirmed yet though.

Yes I would.I know that is best for those things are alredy ingame,but more is always better.I would love to pay for some DLC's like single player,it would be my favorite.Or maybe a awesome map,why not? A new sexy blonde conselor to play as? Sure I would pay! lol

I know we're getting Tom Savini Jason which I did preorder I would pay for a couple more new Jason concepts with their own kills also since Jason is eternal and with Jason X map possibility I know the counselors are based in the eighties but I would pay for some modern counselor concept nineties and 2000's

I prefer everything to be on disk for obvious reasons, but would gladly support any new content released.

Anything that could possibly give someone an advantage or maps should NEVER be DLC. That type of stuff is total cancer and kills a lot of games for me and my friends.

Example: lets say some guy REALLY likes this game and wants to convince his friends to buy it. If he only has to convince them to buy the game its a lot easier to pitch than convincing them to buy the game AND the 3 friggen map packs and 4 weapon packs needed to actually PLAY the friggen game.

Cosmetics how ever... that's totally fair game! Hell i wouldn't mind it if the Jason X costume came out and was like 6 or 7 bucks... Hell i might just buy that!

• Like 1

We will never sell items to boost capabilities or give an advantage to anyone, ever. Fuuuuck that. 

• Like 5

I would support new content after release such as maps and single player. I'd rather pay for a good single-player experience, than one that is rushed in during the last few months. I'd also purchase skins. Don't mind supporting a good game, as I would like development to continue post-release.

I would support new content after release such as maps and single player. I'd rather pay for a good single-player experience, than one that is rushed in during the last few months. I'd also purchase skins. Don't mind supporting a good game, as I would like development to continue post-release.

If they sell things like Single player movie scenarios and cosmetic items for some more cash I would would be all for it, especially if they used some of the money they make from that to make new maps and other post launch content updates.

That's my dream model for this game.

I would happily pay for good DLC. Single player, hell yes. New characters? Hell yes. New Maps? Potentially, if it's the Grendel from Jason X then hell yes. I think my only line is trivial cosmetic DLC (As in "It's the jock character, but he has a red shirt now" kind of cosmetic) but if it's actual new content then I'd do it, and if someone else want's the cosmetic stuff then more power to them.

The great thing is that if DLC came out we already have a good idea of what it would be cos we've seen the stretch goals, we know the potential items on offer so things like Season Passes become much more enticing since we actually can guess what could be put on offer. 

the most valuable DLC to buy would be more playable counselors, and single player (offline multiplayer with a.i. and play as anyone)

Friday the 13th The Game selling in the millions could help get more of the slasher backer content added as DLC.   DLC is popular and PSN is a massive market

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-sonys-psn-is-making-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo

"Sony's PlayStation Network revenue is fuelled by the gargantuan install base of the PlayStation 4, now up to a whopping 40,000,000."

I think the mainstream are slowly becoming more aware, and across PS4, PC and Xbox1, they could really get mainstream sales success with consistent effective promotions on youtube.   Also there's no horror game like this and no horror series is more iconic than Friday the 13th.   Plus the developers really are making a masterpiece that surpasses its competitors in lots of open ways that's overflowing with replay value potential.   It would be good for the media and journalists to side with it.   It would be unfair if they side with overwatch, but nitpick this game.  This game has a lot more mature and hardcore qualities to it, with a format that is much easier to balance and feels more rewarding each time.