Ok, I was giving some thoughts to potential new game modes that might be interesting. An idea popped in my head for a checkpoint run that would take place on a map.

Not sure what to call this idea for a mode. Maybe "Death Race"? ;)

1. There would be 13 checkpoints scattered throughout the map. Each counselor could see the next checkpoint that they needed to reach by arrow indicator on their mini-map and as an icon on the mini-map when they were close enough to it.

2. When a counselor reaches a checkpoint they have to interact with it to get a token (checkpoints can be indoors or outdoors). When they get the token, the next checkpoint will be annotated on the mini-map. Each checkpoint they reach they will get an XP award in addition to the token.

3. When a counselor gains all 13 tokens they can exit the map at one of the points where the cops would normally arrive.

4. Jason's task of course is to kill all of the counselors before they collect the necessary tokens and escape.

5. The whole of the map would still be usable, so counselors can hide and move through cabins as normal, or use any means they can to reach the next checkpoint to get their token.

6. No other escape options would be present on the map. No phone. No cars. No boat. No Tommy.

7. Jason would know where all the checkpoints are, but not in which order counselors will have to reach them. The order of checkpoints randomizes every match.

What do you think?

@Gertz

Sounds like a cool idea. I think it's really difficult to think of new game modes that don't compromise the iconic f13 atmosphere if you get what I mean?

Personally I think new game modes would couple excellently with dlc maps. For example if a Jason takes Manhattan cruise map were to be added. There could be a game mode which involves keeping the cruise ship afloat (i.e minimising leaks and activating sprinklers to put out fires) meanwhile Jason tries to stop you. This could be done as a survival mode i.e. how long can you last or with a set end time in which the cruise makes it to shore. There could also be the standard game mode on this map where counsellors can escape by calling coast guard or using lifeboats instead of cars etc. 

Also, for Jason X a similar mode could be implemented. Perhaps a mode where you have to progress through several areas of the grendel meeting objectives i.e. fixing switches or gathering items to gain access to the next area of the ship. Ultimately it would end once everyone is killed by Jason or the escape pods at the end of the ship are reached. A more combat based mode could also be implemented with Jason X. This could re-create the iconic scene where the grunts attempt to kill Jason (and obviously fail). But this could make a fun gameplay mode for those who like a bit of action! 

I believe those would be the sort of options which would add variety but also keep the atmosphere of f13. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

Sounds like a cool idea. I think it's really difficult to think of new game modes that don't compromise the iconic f13 atmosphere if you get what I mean?

Personally I think new game modes would couple excellently with dlc maps. For example if a Jason takes Manhattan cruise map were to be added. There could be a game mode which involves keeping the cruise ship afloat (i.e minimising leaks and activating sprinklers to put out fires) meanwhile Jason tries to stop you. This could be done as a survival mode i.e. how long can you last or with a set end time in which the cruise makes it to shore. There could also be the standard game mode on this map where counsellors can escape by calling coast guard or using lifeboats instead of cars etc. 

Also, for Jason X a similar mode could be implemented. Perhaps a mode where you have to progress through several areas of the grendel meeting objectives i.e. fixing switches or gathering items to gain access to the next area of the ship. Ultimately it would end once everyone is killed by Jason or the escape pods at the end of the ship are reached. A more combat based mode could also be implemented with Jason X. This could re-create the iconic scene where the grunts attempt to kill Jason (and obviously fail). But this could make a fun gameplay mode for those who like a bit of action! 

I believe those would be the sort of options which would add variety but also keep the atmosphere of f13. 

There are certainly things there to work with the come up with new modes. Good ideas.

• Like 1

It's pretty exciting how many possibilities there are and I'm interested to see what direction the team decide to go down. I really hope they go for some modes that keep the immersion sort of how I discussed above. They managed to create the base game with such great immersion I have no doubt they'll manage it!

• Confused 1

Haven't been on this topic in a minute. Another thing occurred to me for this idea.

Since each counselor would be moving towards the same next objective, to help them not get caught in a situation of cluster dying, I propose the addition of paintball guns for the death race. Each counselor would start with a paintball gun and 3 shots. If Jason is hit with a paintball, it will mark him and make him show on the mini-map for 30 seconds. Counselors could drop the paintball gun in favor of a flare gun other other weapon, but they could use the paintball gun to keep tabs on Jason so if would give them a better chance of countering his movements during the checkpoint race. To offset slightly the annoyance of being marked on the mini-map more often, Jason's Rage would increase a little bit more with each paintball hit. Use them to know where he is, but know it will piss him off more at time draws out.

On 30/08/2017 at 10:49 PM, Alkavian said:

Ok, I was giving some thoughts to potential new game modes that might be interesting. An idea popped in my head for a checkpoint run that would take place on a map.

Not sure what to call this idea for a mode. Maybe "Death Race"? ;)

1. There would be 13 checkpoints scattered throughout the map. Each counselor could see the next checkpoint that they needed to reach by arrow indicator on their mini-map and as an icon on the mini-map when they were close enough to it.

2. When a counselor reaches a checkpoint they have to interact with it to get a token (checkpoints can be indoors or outdoors). When they get the token, the next checkpoint will be annotated on the mini-map. Each checkpoint they reach they will get an XP award in addition to the token.

3. When a counselor gains all 13 tokens they can exit the map at one of the points where the cops would normally arrive.

4. Jason's task of course is to kill all of the counselors before they collect the necessary tokens and escape.

5. The whole of the map would still be usable, so counselors can hide and move through cabins as normal, or use any means they can to reach the next checkpoint to get their token.

6. No other escape options would be present on the map. No phone. No cars. No boat. No Tommy.

7. Jason would know where all the checkpoints are, but not in which order counselors will have to reach them. The order of checkpoints randomizes every match.

What do you think?

@Gertz

I personally, would never play this. Maybe if you had to play thirteen games to get a trophy/achievement but that's it. I enjoy the hide and seek aspect of the game. It could do with more loot or Pamela tapes in the game and like everyone, I'm a critic and open to all ideas but as it would most likely be paid DLC, I'm not interested in essentially a racing game. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 1:46 AM, BigRed said:

I personally, would never play this. Maybe if you had to play thirteen games to get a trophy/achievement but that's it. I enjoy the hide and seek aspect of the game. It could do with more loot or Pamela tapes in the game and like everyone, I'm a critic and open to all ideas but as it would most likely be paid DLC, I'm not interested in essentially a racing game. 

I see where you are coming from. The thing with this idea it is still hide and seek. You still have objectives and are racing against the killer for an exit. The big difference is how the meta would change. Jason knows where objectives are...but not which order they need to be found. He also doesn't know the progression in each match of individual counselors. The counselors need to get to the objectives without telegraphing their intentions. I think the dynamic would be interesting.? 

9 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I see where you are coming from. The thing with this idea it is still hide and seek. You still have objectives and are racing against the killer for an exit. The big difference is how the meta would change. Jason knows where objectives are...but not which order they need to be found. He also doesn't know the progression in each match of individual counselors. The counselors need to get to the objectives without telegraphing their intentions. I think the dynamic would be interesting.? 

Make it inside a house SAW style then rather than make it to point B within two minutes because I'd rather play PUBG if it was gonna be a timer death match. I'm open to the idea of a vey close map survival hide and seek thing with lots of places to hide (cupboards, beds, etc) and Jason can't really use his sense in the house. 

• Like 1

I was going to make a new topic on a Game mode of Paintball! Glad I came here. It sounds like a awesome game mode, where there would obviously be 4-5 counselors, represented from Jason Lives, but its the counselors playing paintball, while Jason has stalk the whole game and picks them off one by one!