DeadManJoe

Acceptable Instances of Team Killing

1 hour ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I wanted to avoid the usage of curse words, but I don't think I could have said it better myself.

If I'm not mistaken, you gain CP by earning XP. CP allows you to buy perks and level up to characters that would give you BETTER survival chances. This guy's reasoning is flawed. By having XP deducted from him, he will almost never gain CP for perks or unlock better characters. It's clear that it is impossible to explain to this guy the simplistic principles of this game. The squeakers that play this game have a better understanding than he does...

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT POINTS, I think it's pretty clear you don't understand the way I approach this game.

You keep saying my life and my family. These characters don't have families. There is no cut scene where they are reunited. You seriously might need psychiatric attention

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

His role model was a back stabbing, selfish, narcissistic womanizer, who hobbled a man so he could get back to screwing his best friend's wife.

If he wants to role play that character, who am I to stop him?

I never said he was my role-model, I just used the example of hobbling someone else so I could survive.

5 minutes ago, DeadManJoe said:

I never said he was my role-model, I just used the example of hobbling someone else so I could survive.

And I just pointed out the character traits of the person who did the thing you are saying is ok to do. 

12 minutes ago, DeadManJoe said:

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT POINTS, I think it's pretty clear you don't understand the way I approach this game.

I don't understand?! You're so into "survival" yet you don't want to take the precautionary measures TO survive! Your role playing shitty excuse for a reason is dumb and no one will support your position on wanting to team kill just so you can play House and dress up with Jason Voorhees and shit on other gamers around you. Jesus H. Christ man!

7 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

And I just pointed out the character traits of the person who did the thing you are saying is ok to do. 

I have none of his character traits except for killing someone to save myself.

2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I don't understand?! You're so into "survival" yet you don't want to take the precautionary measures TO survive! Your role playing shitty excuse for a reason is dumb and no one will support your position on wanting to team kill just so you can play House and dress up with Jason Voorhees and shit on other gamers around you. Jesus H. Christ man!

"to team kill just so you can play House and dress up with Jason Voorhees and shit on other gamers around you."

You're retarded...

1 minute ago, DeadManJoe said:

You're retarded...

Everyone in this forum is literally against your position, but I'm "retarded." Okay champ.

He made his argument (no matter how bad it was) everybody stop commenting.

Someone lock the thread

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

He made his argument (no matter how bad it was) everybody stop commenting.

Someone lock the thread

Agreed, he also resulted to petty insults. Adios. 

We definitely believe that TK should be part of the game, but right now the band-aid is a removal. How we balance that out between users and ensuring games feel exciting without giving into incredible trolling behavior is something we are continually looking into. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We definitely believe that TK should be part of the game, but right now the band-aid is a removal. How we balance that out between users and ensuring games feel exciting without giving into incredible trolling behavior is something we are continually looking into. 

Appreciate your efforts, but as long as you allow users to kill each other you will have a bunch of people that abuse it. That, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I knew that you guys never wanted to get rid of it, that is why I made the points I did on the first page of this thread. Friendly fire should be part of this, it fits right in with the danger of the whole concept behind the movies and this game. It is a shame that a few bored, angry, psychotic gamers had to screw it up for everyone else.

35 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Appreciate your efforts, but as long as you allow users to kill each other you will have a bunch of people that abuse it. That, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast.

As I've pointed out before, trolls are going to find a way to troll. You can't be afraid of a core game mechanic because some people will abuse it. The asshats are already finding new ways to make the gaming experience as miserable as possible for others. That is just what they do, and what they have always done. Like you said, it is the nature of the beast.

Stressing over the fact that people are going to exploit every thing they can to ruin others' fun is like living in fear because you know one day that you will die. You keep worrying about the worst-case scenario, you can never enjoy what is right in front of you.

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I'd love to hear what kind of ideas you guys have been thinking of, to keep it in a way that's troll-proof.

I've always been of the mindset that there is no way to keep it in without leaving it vulnerable to abuse, and no way to punish its abuse without also potentially punishing innocent players. 

I honestly love that you guys finally took it out. It has not impacted my enjoyment in any negative way. Have seen a couple uninformed trolls here and there trying to do it, and it's awesome to see they are now powerless. Please leave it out unless you are 100% certain it cannot be abused again.

• Like 1

Just last night I was hiding, and some idiot comes to me from other side of the map, and pointed me to Jason. So I shot him right there, and I don't feel bad at all :D he got what he deserves 

I play pretty much survey private match because it's the fastest way to find and join games. Just last night I was working an objective and helping someone else escape Jason and then after Jason warped away Tommy comes over and shoots me with the shotgun for zero reasons. Then in the lobby when I asked why they just said because they wanted to shoot someone.

Now I agreed with @Rexfellis on his first page post about reasons that you should be able to hurt teammates.

I understand that it was intended to be part of the nuance of the game but I'd like to hear what your intentions for use were for it @GunMedia_Ben.

@GunMedia_Ben

What about like a tk kill count in the lobby? that way if someone tks a lot everyone in the lobby will know and you could just leave if it's an issue. I feel like that's the best option right now.

16 hours ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Hey! I have played with @DeadManJoe, and aside being funny, he's a good team worker and counselor. I disagree with him regarding TK, but don't make him what he is not, he's a chill player and will not team kill for fun.

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I'd love to hear what kind of ideas you guys have been thinking of, to keep it in a way that's troll-proof.

I've always been of the mindset that there is no way to keep it in without leaving it vulnerable to abuse, and no way to punish its abuse without also potentially punishing innocent players. 

I honestly love that you guys finally took it out. It has not impacted my enjoyment in any negative way. Have seen a couple uninformed trolls here and there trying to do it, and it's awesome to see they are now powerless. Please leave it out unless you are 100% certain it cannot be abused again.

Track statistics, match bad players with bad players, good players with good players.

Of course, we should not expect a change like this in the short term, but hopefully we will see such a system someday.

3 hours ago, AirMoons said:

Hey! I have played with @DeadManJoe, and aside being funny, he's a good team worker and counselor. I disagree with him regarding TK, but don't make him what he is not, he's a chill player and will not team kill for fun.

I never said anything in regards to "making" him something he is not, but ok. No one ever said he was team killing for fun either.

13 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Just make it to where only in circumstances can you use friendly-fire; such as shooting Jason while he has a counselor in his grasp, running people over with the car, bear traps, etc. Or just have a report feature for people who obviously abuse their rights to team kill or a vote-to-kick option. 

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Interesting idea... maybe they should just add Team Killing back and let us all fight to the death, meanwhile Jason can just sit back and eat popcorn. This whole topic is utterly annoying now.

Too many people want it gone due to the OVERLY used abuse with it. 

or

Too many people want it to stay because it adds "realism" to a FICTIONAL and UNREALISTIC scenario.

or

Too many people want it to stay so they can "deal" with trolls.

Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue with team killing coming back as long as I received all the XP I gained before I died, including the 500 you get at the end of it - just because I was team killed NO MATTER the circumstance and I can LEAVE the game. I don't think too many people would bitch and complain after that anyways.

3 hours ago, AirMoons said:

He used an example of team killing in a television show to point out what he does and why.

I pointed out the character traits of said example. I used the term role model, as in this instance he was modeling his characters behaviour after that one.

I then further made distinction between the player and the character he was playing so as not to be confused as to calling him that, merely the character he is playing.

I do not know @DeadManJoe the person. I suspect I have never played with him before, nor chatted with him. All I have to go on is what he has posted in this thread. I responded accordingly.

I wholeheartedly apologize for any hurt feelings if he thought I was calling him those things. I truly was calling his character those things. I was also saying that the behaviours he described his character as doing as callow. I was not saying that about him.

I clearly pointed out I believed he was playing a character, or role playing. I clearly pointed out the role he was modeling his role off of was Shane.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:51 PM, DeadManJoe said:

I had a long debate with a friend of mine about TK in F13 and we came up with a set of rules, what do you guys think?

These are a set of rules that should always be active and make it fair to Team Kill if the circumstances are met,

If Gas and Battery in Car, Player has Keys = TK ON Player
If Car is ON, Player(s) within 5 foot prox of Car = TK ON Player(s)
If Gas in Boat, Player has Propeller = TK ON Player
If Propeller in Boat, Player has Gas = TK ON Player
If Boat is ON, Player(s) within 5 foot prox of Boat = TK ON Player(s)
If Player has Fuse = TK ON Player
If Player standing within 1 foot prox of Phone Box = TK ON Player
If Jason inside current Cabin, Player(s) blocking door or window = TK ON Player(s)

I think the only necessary circumstance for team killing is if there was another teammate killing a friendly. I like the idea that they got rid of it in public, and just let it in private. Personally, I don't use team killing unless there is two of my teammates battling it out with each other, some really annoying person (which rarely happens), and if I see someone cheating/glitching.