Gertz

State of the Patch - Aug 29th, 2017

Hey everyone

Over the last 24 hours the team here has been parsing through the reports via the www.jasonkillsbugs.com website, and the various social channels; Reddit, Discord, Forums, Facebook, and Twitter. We have heard you loud and clear!

Now that we have sat down and discussed the issue I wanted to follow up to @GunMedia_Ben's post and let everyone know where we are all at, Ill try and be succinct about tech details so no one falls asleep...its a long post and Im going to break it out from my general post.

Cabin Vegetation, "Wood" "Rock" Text, and Phantom Door

This was a confluence of issues all related to a bad merge of content from our development branch to prevent some future content from going live that ended up in our release branch. While we fixed the issue we needed to, it also pulled a lot of items that were changed or halfway done in our development branch; updates to material VFX, changes to cabins, and additional vegetation.

We found the issues but we would have had to pull the game from cert and resubmit which would have delayed getting the patch out even longer than you all had already waited. We decided since the items above were annoying but not game breaking we didn't want to go through the cycle again. We didn't follow the process and it was a dumb mistake that is entirely our fault.

In response, we are changing our internal process for doing merges to avoid this in the future. All of these are already fixed internally.

Window Changes

The change here was a response to fixing the issues with certain Jason's having trouble breaking windows with the way the weapon and window collision interacted. We changed it to an event prompt to ensure that when you want to break the window you actually break the window.

It's obvious people don't like the new iteration of this so we will likely be changing it back and finding some other way to fix up the Jasons that were more problematic in regards to their weapons and breaking the windows.

It not being noted in the patch notes is likely due to it being checked into an isolated branch prior to the previous patch. This made it so when I ran the query for all the changes from the previous patch to the new one it didn't show up. I am not 100% on this and it will require a little more digging to figure out how we didn't communicate this and how we fix that portion of the process.

Jason Missing Breaking Down the Door

This is basically the same issue that caused us to change the window interaction above, sometimes the collision interaction doesn't trigger based on the animation played...it seems to happen more with Jason 6 and Savini. We are working on a fix now.

Pocket Knife

Whats happening here is that Jason players have found an exploit in which they can trigger an environmental kill before the pocket knife counter triggers. We are working on a fix now.

Jason Stun Lock Kill

It looks like for some reason the Firecrackers are initiating the kill sequence when they shouldn't. We are working on a fix now.

Loading Screen Freeze and Blackscreen

Right now these seem to be alluding us, we have gotten the loading screen issue once but couldn't get any data to help us track down the cause. We will continue to look at both of these as a high priority but you can post in the Discord in #live_bug_assistance channel when you get it with any pertinent information we can add that info to our internal database; map, lobby info (# of players, were you Jason or a Counselor), platform, and anything else that may be important.

Performance Issues

The Memory Leak that seemed to be specific to the Xbox One has been happening on all platforms its just more present on the Xbox One because it tends to touch some of the underlying systems a little bit more. There was a great optimization with occlusion query code, which is the code responsible for hiding art that is not visible. Even though this code is still working we turned off some of its caching as it was the source of the leak. In our initial tests everything checked out without a problem then we realized certain areas were hit harder then others. Its most noticeable on lower end machines but also happens across all machine specs as well but can be amplified when the CPU is tied down. We have been investigating a fix for it now and are close to having a solution.

Badge Progression

This is a bug related to adding localization to the game. The way we were saving this data previously didn't account for swapping languages.

If you run into this issue you can change your language back to English and everything should be back to normal. We are working on a fix.

Matchmaking

There are a couple of items here...

First, the patch came at a bad time for PS4, about 2 hours after launch PSN started having issues that affected our game which made it seem like it coincided with the patch.

After that issue was resolved, we did find an issue with lobby creation that we are currently working on; we should not create a lobby until after approximately 30 seconds but something is causing that timer to only wait 10 seconds before creating a new lobby. This only allows the player to send 2 search requests for active lobbies instead of 5-6 before falling back to lobby creation. 

We also reduced the ping threshold to find games from 300ms to 200ms. While this will create better quality matches it does mean that you will need to wait longer for them...right now we don't know if this is an issue because of the current issue and it expediting the lobby creation process before the 30 seconds threshold. I will say that this will impact regions that have a low player count and rely heavily on matching with people outside of their region. We are discussing a few options here but something will be in the next patch.

While it's unfortunate some of the item's here got out into the wild I want to commend our QA team, both internal and external, which is a small team of 4 guys each shift trying to test all 3 platforms often under intense time pressure. We do our best but sometimes we don't see this stuff until it gets reported by you guys.

If you have any questions Ill try and get to everything as I can

- Gertz

• Like 26

I want to start by saying thank you for this update. It is very detailed and timely, and that is extremely appreciated.

17 minutes ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone@GunMedia_Ben

This was a confluence of issues all related to a bad merge of content from our development branch to prevent some future content from going live that ended up in our release branch. While we fixed the issue we needed to, it also pulled a lot of items that were changed or halfway done in our development branch; updates to material VFX, changes to cabins, and additional vegetation.

We found the issues but we would have had to pull the game from cert and resubmit which would have delayed getting the patch out even longer than you all had already waited. We decided since the items above were annoying but not game breaking we didn't want to go through the cycle again. We didn't follow the process and it was a dumb mistake that is entirely our fault.

Does this signal a sea change in the attitude that we have seen in the past? Previously we have heard lots of statements in regards to we want to get it right, it has to be right, that sort of thing. This statement is kind of the opposite of that.

It seems to me that the 28th was a target date and well, you hit the target date. I am really not trying to be an ass, I am actually wondering if this is kind of our fault in a way for putting pressure on you all to release content and patches, and this is the result.

For all the rest, I truly appreciate your transparency, and the level of involvement with the community during this process.

So the PSN servers were the problem? I can play tomorrow and not have as many issues as I used to?

As for the pocket knife glitch, would that result in a ban? People may not know that it's an exploit, so if they grab someone who has a knife and Jason is being forced to kill them ASAP (say another counselor is attempting to interfere, an objective is being worked on, or there is two minutes left), and an environmental kill just happens to be the best option, so Jason, who's probably mashing the buttons, pulls off the kill. The dead counselor player then goes and reports the Jason player for cheating and it results in a ban. The Jason player has no idea what he did and (unless you guys will unban players) now cannot play the game anymore. All because he was trying to kill that one counselor before he broke free. It would make people scared to play Jason because they don't want to end up forgetting that it's a cheat that would get them banned. Are we now supposed to give the counselor a chance to break free or will you guys just not ban for this?

• Like 1

Please don't torture this community to wait until next month for a patch fix. This will not sit over well with this community at all.

• Like 3

Awesome news. I legitimately hate the new window system.

Anything regarding the white knife circles everywhere as Jason?

41 minutes ago, Gertz said:

@GunMedia_Ben

- Gertz

Oh, I almost forgot... You didn't specify about patch so....

Single player still a thing?

Missions/challenges?

Is the bot match still a go, or something you are working on anyway?

Your words are Appreciated @Gertz, an i thank you for your clarity. 

Heres to hoping this can be fixed timely, but if not, alot of us wont be going anywhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrissRiot said:

I hate the white knife circles being seen everywhere it makes it hard sometimes to tell noise from knives, I made this mistake a few times

@Gertz Thank you for all the info.  I am glad to hear the window issue is likely to be rolled back, it was an awful change and hopefully a future fix will be better.

That said, what about the difference between how Jason was struck by counselors pre-patch and post patch?  For example, pre-patch Jason could be hit by a counselor and stunned.  Further swings at Jason would simply result in the counselor performing a weapon attack but the attack essentially "missing" until Jason had recovered from the stun state, then the counselor had the opportunity to strike again.  Post-patch, Jason can be struck repeatedly, with the hit seeming to register (and sound FX playing, animations indicating a "hit") even when Jason is stunned.  In several matches I've seen, this has seemed to make it possible to keep Jason stunned nearly continually, as a Jason player can't use combat stance block before being hit again (since they are "stunned") and incoming hits from counselors with weapons will trigger a further stun.  I've seen a number of matches with Buggzys and Vanessas and Chads just beating the tar out of Jason until time expires, or at least a large chunk of the match.

Was this intentional or a side effect of some other change?

1 minute ago, The.Dark.God said:

@Gertz Thank you for all the info.  I am glad to hear the window issue is likely to be rolled back, it was an awful change and hopefully a future fix will be better.

That said, what about the difference between how Jason was struck by counselors pre-patch and post patch?  For example, pre-patch Jason could be hit by a counselor and stunned.  Further swings at Jason would simply result in the counselor performing a weapon attack but the attack essentially "missing" until Jason had recovered from the stun state, then the counselor had the opportunity to strike again.  Post-patch, Jason can be struck repeatedly, with the hit seeming to register (and sound FX playing, animations indicating a "hit") even when Jason is stunned.  In several matches I've seen, this has seemed to make it possible to keep Jason stunned nearly continually, as a Jason player can't use combat stance block before being hit again (since they are "stunned") and incoming hits from counselors with weapons will trigger a further stun.  I've seen a number of matches with Buggzys and Vanessas and Chads just beating the tar out of Jason until time expires, or at least a large chunk of the match.

I agree, this will ruin games.

Also noticed a problem with jason grabbing counslers out of the car and it not having a animation while grabbing the out. Also notice hitting jason getting points for stunning him but he isnt being stunned.

54 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Missions/challenges?

Bots and single player are still coming. I don't know why people assume because it's not talked about every update that it is not happening. It's going down, a date will be announced when it is time. 

• Like 7

@Gertz Here's an idea and this one's on the house- why not get the folks who paid $500 to be a virtual team members to help with QA testing? As far as I know, their rewards remain unfulfilled.

• Like 2

@Gertz The previous Jason window smash was fine. All it required was combat stance and the power attack. Quick attacks are horizontal, which miss open windows, but power attacks are vertical thus they hit the window.

Getting 40fps on low settings with a GTX 1070 is a problem.

And you should just remove all combat lock-on because 90% of the time as Jason I lock onto the wrong person, and as a counselor more than half the time I lock on to fellow counselors. Just leave it up to each person's "aim." It's not that hard. Trying to help people by implementing a lock-on just hurts the gameplay in this regard.

Place an anti-counselor bear trap barrier or zone around all windows. Trolls are now using windows to catch people in traps. There's no reason a legit player would even put those there. You're not going to catch Jason with a bear trap at a window anyway.

Despite having to work for the right to use the car, Trolls are patient, and they will still take the opportunity to run you over. This is even worse than people trying to betray you at the start of the match, because at least I could just quit a match and search again, but now you'll think you are in a legit match and suddenly get run over, wasting all your time. Have any car betrayal kick that driver from the match instantly and possibly revive the victim in the same spot.

Add a "vote to kick player" option like Left 4 Dead as well.

The smaller maps need fewer items and weapons. With everyone huddled together with so... so... soooo many items and weapons Jason is a joke. Additionally you should shorten the match timer to 15 minutes or less(13 minutes?), and speed up the timer on all of Jason's abilities. People often get the vehicles started before Jason gets Shift, and if he misses them, it's adios because he's not going to be able to morph ahead of them in time.

@Gertz thanks for the swift reply. Thanks for acknowledging that the window mechanic change needs to be rolled back, and @bewareofbears last post ....

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Gertz Here's an idea and this one's on the house- why not get the folks who paid $500 to be a virtual team members to help with QA testing? As far as I know, their rewards remain unfulfilled.

Is a really good idea when thought about.

• Like 1

"I want to commend our QA team, both internal and external, which is a small team of 4 guys each shift trying to test all 3 platforms often under intense time pressure."

Are you fucking kidding me?! The game sold 1.8 MILLION copies and you can't afford more then FOUR QA testers?! WHO THE FUCK MISSED THIS?! What about the virtual "team members" (notice the quotation marks) who dropped $500, how bout offering them to help with QA? The "were a small team" excuse has officially run its fucking course. You guys failed because you fucked up by not hiring more team members, not living up to your kickstarter supporters, and by dropping the ball at every fucking patch. LEARN FROM YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES! -End rant

• Like 1

more small team stuff, but how do you miss the frame rated drop? like 9/10 games its horrible

Thanks for the update.

This patch is raising some red flags though. Hope you guys aren't pushing too many things at once. It's best to fix the existing bugs rather than push new content and cause new ones.

I do like the new small maps. If nothing else, the new spawn locations of items and objectives will freshen things up for a little while...Was always hoping to see more random spawn variety on the existing maps, but I'll take it.

Hopefully the new issues brought forward with this patch get resolved quickly and things will iron out by physical launch / single player.

3 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

Over the last 24 hours the team here has been parsing through the reports via the www.jasonkillsbugs.com website, and the various social channels; Reddit, Discord, Forums, Facebook, and Twitter. We have heard you loud and clear!

Now that we have sat down and discussed the issue I wanted to follow up to @GunMedia_Ben's post and let everyone know where we are all at, Ill try and be succinct about tech details so no one falls asleep...its a long post and Im going to break it out from my general post.

In response, we are changing our internal process for doing merges to avoid this in the future. All of these are already fixed internally.

Window Changes

The change here was a response to fixing the issues with certain Jason's having trouble breaking windows with the way the weapon and window collision interacted. We changed it to an event prompt to ensure that when you want to break the window you actually break the window.

It's obvious people don't like the new iteration of this so we will likely be changing it back and finding some other way to fix up the Jasons that were more problematic in regards to their weapons and breaking the windows.

It not being noted in the patch notes is likely due to it being checked into an isolated branch prior to the previous patch. This made it so when I ran the query for all the changes from the previous patch to the new one it didn't show up. I am not 100% on this and it will require a little more digging to figure out how we didn't communicate this and how we fix that portion of the process.

Jason Missing Breaking Down the Door

This is basically the same issue that caused us to change the window interaction above, sometimes the collision interaction doesn't trigger based on the animation played...it seems to happen more with Jason 6 and Savini. We are working on a fix now.

Pocket Knife

Whats happening here is that Jason players have found an exploit in which they can trigger an environmental kill before the pocket knife counter triggers. We are working on a fix now.

Jason Stun Lock Kill

It looks like for some reason the Firecrackers are initiating the kill sequence when they shouldn't. We are working on a fix now.

Loading Screen Freeze and Blackscreen

Right now these seem to be alluding us, we have gotten the loading screen issue once but couldn't get any data to help us track down the cause. We will continue to look at both of these as a high priority but you can post in the Discord in #live_bug_assistance channel when you get it with any pertinent information we can add that info to our internal database; map, lobby info (# of players, were you Jason or a Counselor), platform, and anything else that may be important.

Performance Issues

The Memory Leak that seemed to be specific to the Xbox One has been happening on all platforms its just more present on the Xbox One because it tends to touch some of the underlying systems a little bit more. There was a great optimization with occlusion query code, which is the code responsible for hiding art that is not visible. Even though this code is still working we turned off some of its caching as it was the source of the leak. In our initial tests everything checked out without a problem then we realized certain areas were hit harder then others. Its most noticeable on lower end machines but also happens across all machine specs as well but can be amplified when the CPU is tied down. We have been investigating a fix for it now and are close to having a solution.

Badge Progression

This is a bug related to adding localization to the game. The way we were saving this data previously didn't account for swapping languages.

If you run into this issue you can change your language back to English and everything should be back to normal. We are working on a fix.

Matchmaking

There are a couple of items here...

First, the patch came at a bad time for PS4, about 2 hours after launch PSN started having issues that affected our game which made it seem like it coincided with the patch.

After that issue was resolved, we did find an issue with lobby creation that we are currently working on; we should not create a lobby until after approximately 30 seconds but something is causing that timer to only wait 10 seconds before creating a new lobby. This only allows the player to send 2 search requests for active lobbies instead of 5-6 before falling back to lobby creation. 

We also reduced the ping threshold to find games from 300ms to 200ms. While this will create better quality matches it does mean that you will need to wait longer for them...right now we don't know if this is an issue because of the current issue and it expediting the lobby creation process before the 30 seconds threshold. I will say that this will impact regions that have a low player count and rely heavily on matching with people outside of their region. We are discussing a few options here but something will be in the next patch.

While it's unfortunate some of the item's here got out into the wild I want to commend our QA team, both internal and external, which is a small team of 4 guys each shift trying to test all 3 platforms often under intense time pressure. We do our best but sometimes we don't see this stuff until it gets reported by you guys.

- Gertz

Thanks for clearing some of this up.  Glad to see its being addressed.  With this new info I have a few questions like I asked Ben.  

Any chance we can get a PTR like in Overwatch where the public can test some features in beta before they roll out or maybe have a select few community members who are dedicated and knowledgeable to test privately?  With one of these two options you can reach a wider audience to test compatibility issues as well as get direct hands on feedback from actual users.  I know from being in QA myself its hard to test without getting tunnel vision especially if you only have 4 guys per shift.  At least with one of these options you get constant fresh eyes and reach a wider audience.  

Finally, with the state of this current patch and seeing fixes being addressed, will we need to wait till the next patch arrives in a month or two for fixes or will we get a quick/hot fix for some of these issues in the coming week or two?  

Thanks for answering questions and keeping us in the loop!

Fix things that are broken.

Leave things broken.

Break things that shouldn't of been touched.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

3 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Thank you, @Gertz. Do you have any prediction on a timeframe for these items?

You are welcome.

I dont have a time frame right now, just got home and I think we knocked out about half of the issues we have talked about. We will need to discuss internally and Ill share as soon as I can. We want to get them out as soon as possible to people but also need to make sure the fixes dont cause other issues. We have our overnight QA coverage vetting some of the fixes right now.

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I want to start by saying thank you for this update. It is very detailed and timely, and that is extremely appreciated.

Does this signal a sea change in the attitude that we have seen in the past? Previously we have heard lots of statements in regards to we want to get it right, it has to be right, that sort of thing. This statement is kind of the opposite of that.

It seems to me that the 28th was a target date and well, you hit the target date. I am really not trying to be an ass, I am actually wondering if this is kind of our fault in a way for putting pressure on you all to release content and patches, and this is the result.

For all the rest, I truly appreciate your transparency, and the level of involvement with the community during this process.

You are welcome.

We are making changes to process to facilitate more stable builds but its not something that is going to happen between two builds. You start by fixing the foundation and rebuilding. For us this starts by isolating feature development away from the general build and merging it in when its done so we don't get things making it in half way. We have begun doing this but the stuff that was in progress already we have to make sure we mitigate any errors as much as possible.

We honestly didn't target a date, to us it was get it out as soon as possible and we actually held it back a few times to fix additional stability issues and party issues. I think we always feel pressure to release stuff and give people stuff quickly but I'm good at saying no.

1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Fix things that are broken.

Leave things broken.

Break things that shouldn't of been touched.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I appreciate the feedback.

We try and fix as much as possible within a given time frame but cant fix everything. Often times that does include taking a few steps back, learning, and then applying what we learned to fix it in a different way. Sometimes we feel we have a good solution but it doesn't go over well and we have to go back to the drawing board.

3 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

So the PSN servers were the problem? I can play tomorrow and not have as many issues as I used to?

As for the pocket knife glitch, would that result in a ban? People may not know that it's an exploit, so if they grab someone who has a knife and Jason is being forced to kill them ASAP (say another counselor is attempting to interfere, an objective is being worked on, or there is two minutes left), and an environmental kill just happens to be the best option, so Jason, who's probably mashing the buttons, pulls off the kill. The dead counselor player then goes and reports the Jason player for cheating and it results in a ban. The Jason player has no idea what he did and (unless you guys will unban players) now cannot play the game anymore. All because he was trying to kill that one counselor before he broke free. It would make people scared to play Jason because they don't want to end up forgetting that it's a cheat that would get them banned. Are we now supposed to give the counselor a chance to break free or will you guys just not ban for this?

It wasn't the entire problem, we did find an issue that was causing you to only search for parties once and then it would shove you into your own lobby. We got a fix for this tonight internally but need to test it as it required changing some network code.

For the Pocket Knife, I wouldn't ban people for it right now, its a bug that we can fix.

3 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Please don't torture this community to wait until next month for a patch fix. This will not sit over well with this community at all.

Thanks, we will try not to, but we also don't want to continue to try and rush things out.

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Thanks again @Gertz

You are welcome

3 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

Thanks, yes the window change hasn't gone over well.

We think what has happened is some of the new kill icons we are prepping for but are disabled are sometimes rendering...not positive on this one but we do have it as a known issue. Its a bit lower priority than the ones listed above.

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Missions/challenges?

This is all stuff that's being talked about...right now though its bug fixing and stabilization.

3 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Your words are Appreciated @Gertz, an i thank you for your clarity. 

Heres to hoping this can be fixed timely, but if not, alot of us wont be going anywhere.

You are welcome!

3 hours ago, William Shatner said:

I hate the white knife circles being seen everywhere it makes it hard sometimes to tell noise from knives, I made this mistake a few times

Agreed, its on the list right below most of the stuff mentioned in the big list I posted.

2 hours ago, The.Dark.God said:

You are welcome!

I feel this is an unintended side affect of a few bug fixes; fixing an issue where the damage and stun calculation would only happen once and remain the same for the entire match, the combat stance fix allowing Jason to block everything, and removing TK'ing which allows a group to just wail on Jason and disregard hitting the people around him.

We are going to have to look at all of these to re-balance whats going on. I'm not a designer though so they are going to need to evaluate and figure out the best solution.

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I agree, this will ruin games.

Agreed, and we have already seen it.

2 hours ago, Tekdrudge said:

So what I am hearing in regards to match making is; Improve your ping and improve your match making.

Not entirely...though that would always help :)

We fixed a bug tonight regarding the matchmaking system putting people into a new lobby too soon.

2 hours ago, shadywill said:

Also noticed a problem with jason grabbing counslers out of the car and it not having a animation while grabbing the out. Also notice hitting jason getting points for stunning him but he isnt being stunned.

Haven't seen this one before, Ill note it and have QA look at it in the morning.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, PSN:TriggaCrip2 said:

God help us all!!! 

This game, is fuc**ng CURSED!!! 

tumblr_ojq1r8AJBd1udh5n8o1_500.gif

Just like Jason!

2 hours ago, JPops said:

Bots and single player are still coming. I don't know why people assume because it's not talked about every update that it is not happening. It's going down, a date will be announced when it is time. 

That is correct.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Thanks!

Ill pitch it around, its something we wanted to do while at previous companies but it does come with costs in terms of supporting an extra build...it would be like adding a fourth platform alongside Steam, XB1, and PS4. If we can find a way to minimize the support it may be doable.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Gertz The previous Jason window smash was fine. All it required was combat stance and the power attack. Quick attacks are horizontal, which miss open windows, but power attacks are vertical thus they hit the window.

Getting 40fps on low settings with a GTX 1070 is a problem.

And you should just remove all combat lock-on because 90% of the time as Jason I lock onto the wrong person, and as a counselor more than half the time I lock on to fellow counselors. Just leave it up to each person's "aim." It's not that hard. Trying to help people by implementing a lock-on just hurts the gameplay in this regard.

Place an anti-counselor bear trap barrier or zone around all windows. Trolls are now using windows to catch people in traps. There's no reason a legit player would even put those there. You're not going to catch Jason with a bear trap at a window anyway.

Despite having to work for the right to use the car, Trolls are patient, and they will still take the opportunity to run you over. This is even worse than people trying to betray you at the start of the match, because at least I could just quit a match and search again, but now you'll think you are in a legit match and suddenly get run over, wasting all your time. Have any car betrayal kick that driver from the match instantly and possibly revive the victim in the same spot.

Add a "vote to kick player" option like Left 4 Dead as well.

The smaller maps need fewer items and weapons. With everyone huddled together with so... so... soooo many items and weapons Jason is a joke. Additionally you should shorten the match timer to 15 minutes or less(13 minutes?), and speed up the timer on all of Jason's abilities. People often get the vehicles started before Jason gets Shift, and if he misses them, it's adios because he's not going to be able to morph ahead of them in time.

Thanks for the feedback

For the FPS problems we got some fixes in tonight that should help.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

@Gertz thanks for the swift reply. Thanks for acknowledging that the window mechanic change needs to be rolled back, and @bewareofbears last post ....

Is a really good idea when thought about.

You are welcome!

1 hour ago, DeadManJoe said:

"I want to commend our QA team, both internal and external, which is a small team of 4 guys each shift trying to test all 3 platforms often under intense time pressure."

Are you fucking kidding me?! The game sold 1.8 MILLION copies and you can't afford more then FOUR QA testers?! WHO THE FUCK MISSED THIS?! What about the virtual "team members" (notice the quotation marks) who dropped $500, how bout offering them to help with QA? The "were a small team" excuse has officially run its fucking course. You guys failed because you fucked up by not hiring more team members, not living up to your kickstarter supporters, and by dropping the ball at every fucking patch. LEARN FROM YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES! -End rant

Thanks for your feedback.

Ill clarify, its 8 testers total; 4 internal and 4 external.

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

more small team stuff, but how do you miss the frame rated drop? like 9/10 games its horrible

I assume this is PC?

Part of fixing the memory leak was also rolling back a small optimization that we didn't see on our end. Most of the people that worked on fixing this issue have higher end machines. We went and bought some more potatoes to test on so we catch this stuff in the future.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Thanks for the update.

This patch is raising some red flags though. Hope you guys aren't pushing too many things at once. It's best to fix the existing bugs rather than push new content and cause new ones.

I do like the new small maps. If nothing else, the new spawn locations of items and objectives will freshen things up for a little while...Was always hoping to see more random spawn variety on the existing maps, but I'll take it.

Hopefully the new issues brought forward with this patch get resolved quickly and things will iron out by physical launch / single player.

You are welcome!

Its a balancing act for sure, we have to work on new content because it does take a long time to make certain things, new maps for an example. We also shift people to fix issues if they come up. As some people mentioned here as well, there is the pressure from fans to release new content..."Where is the new Jason?", "Where is single player", etc.

20 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Thanks for clearing some of this up.  Glad to see its being addressed.  With this new info I have a few questions like I asked Ben.  

Any chance we can get a PTR like in Overwatch where the public can test some features in beta before they roll out or maybe have a select few community members who are dedicated and knowledgeable to test privately?  With one of these two options you can reach a wider audience to test compatibility issues as well as get direct hands on feedback from actual users.  I know from being in QA myself its hard to test without getting tunnel vision especially if you only have 4 guys per shift.  At least with one of these options you get constant fresh eyes and reach a wider audience.  

Finally, with the state of this current patch and seeing fixes being addressed, will we need to wait till the next patch arrives in a month or two for fixes or will we get a quick/hot fix for some of these issues in the coming week or two?  

Thanks for answering questions and keeping us in the loop!

You are welcome!

I mentioned it above but I will add it here too...

I will pitch the PTR idea, if we can mitigate the overhead for it in some way we may be able to do it.

We got about half of the issues we were tracking addressed tonight, we will evaluate again tomorrow and see where we are at. Id like to not wait a month before getting stuff out to everyone but I cant promise dates.

• Like 12