Whoa i had a pocket knife today in f13 the game and jason quickly killed me and threw me out a window wait what! I got so mad but anyway love the update, but please fix that stuff i hate that.

Was it last night on Xbox one? I was spectating when that happened to someone last night.

1 minute ago, XXDonDonnXX said:

Whoa i had a pocket knife today in f13 the game and jason quickly killed me and threw me out a window wait what! I got so mad but anyway love the update, but please fix that stuff i hate that.

You prob picked up another item not realizing you put down your knife with that item, iv done it before.

3 minutes ago, gamergal1591 said:

You prob picked up another item not realizing you put down your knife with that item, iv done it before.

No. This is a known issue on all platforms. In certain situations Jason has about .25 seconds to start a grab kill before the knife auto stabs Jason. I saw it happen twice last night on xbox.

Just now, Whitebabyjoker said:

No. This is a known issue on all platforms. In certain situations Jason has about .25 seconds to start a grab kill before the knife auto stabs Jason. I saw it happen twice last night on xbox.

Well its never happened to me and im a 101 so iv played alot and im on xbox one.

Just now, gamergal1591 said:

Well its never happened to me and im a 101 so iv played alot and im on xbox one.

That's great. But with the new patch even if your level 1 or 101 it doesn't matter. The bugs are brand new and are affecting people on multiple platforms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

That's great. But with the new patch even if your level 1 or 101 it doesn't matter. The bugs are brand new and are affecting people on multiple platforms.

Well still hasnt happened to me with the knives, sorry.

I saw it in a run we did last night, new patch stuff; saw the pocket knife animation start about half a second after he started the window throw. Only on window throws, though.

That happend to me today. Had a pocket knife and Jason just throw me through window... Im on PS4.

33 minutes ago, gamergal1591 said:

Well still hasnt happened to me with the knives, sorry.

Oh hey. Look at that, two other people who have had the same issue. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't real.

22 minutes ago, SDA said:

I saw it in a run we did last night, new patch stuff; saw the pocket knife animation start about half a second after he started the window throw. Only on window throws, though.

16 minutes ago, Czorny said:

That happend to me today. Had a pocket knife and Jason just throw me through window... Im on PS4.

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Oh hey. Look at that, two other people who have had the same issue. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't real.

I believe everyone. Just got thrown through a window with 2 pocket knives. Lvl 101 and never happened before this shitty game breaking patch.

2 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I believe everyone. Just got thrown through a window with 2 pocket knives. Lvl 101 and never happened before this shitty game breaking patch.

Now this we can agree on. This patch has added some terrible glitches, making it damn near impossible to play correctly.

14 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I was gonna say the same! Had two pocketknives!! Jason threw me thru a window being victim no 1 last night I was like WTF? 

It's being reported all over the place on Reddit as well.  One of the tweaks in the new patch seems to have added a small window before the knife takes effect, during which Jason can execute a kill if one is available right then.  You know how as Jason it used to be you grabbed somebody by the throat, there was that long second where you waited for the grip to lock in, and you're already trying to drag them to a kill, or pressing the button to execute as soon as it turns red?  Only then the 'stabbed in the neck' animation would happen and you'd see them kick loose from you.

That delay where you appear to be getting a good grip on them is basically built in so the game has a second to register whether or not they have a pocket knife.  But, and this is the key, *you couldn't kill them while the game determined that*.  They struggled for a second and then you could either kill them or they pocket-knifed to freedom.

Apparently as of the patch yesterday, if there is a kill immediately available to you during that second it takes the game to figure out if they have a pocket knife in their inventory, you can now use it.  Throat choke, head punch, eye gouge, if there's a fireplace or coat hanger or window handy, Jason can hit the button while the game is still figuring out if they have a knife on them or not, where he couldn't before.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

It's being reported all over the place on Reddit as well.  One of the tweaks in the new patch seems to have added a small window before the knife takes effect, during which Jason can execute a kill if one is available right then.  You know how as Jason it used to be you grabbed somebody by the throat, there was that long second where you waited for the grip to lock in, and you're already trying to drag them to a kill, or pressing the button to execute as soon as it turns red?  Only then the 'stabbed in the neck' animation would happen and you'd see them kick loose from you.

That delay where you appear to be getting a good grip on them is basically built in so the game has a second to register whether or not they have a pocket knife.  But, and this is the key, *you couldn't kill them while the game determined that*.  They struggled for a second and then you could either kill them or they pocket-knifed to freedom.

Apparently as of the patch yesterday, if there is a kill immediately available to you during that second it takes the game to figure out if they have a pocket knife in their inventory, you can now use it.  Throat choke, head punch, eye gouge, if there's a fireplace or coat hanger or window handy, Jason can hit the button while the game is still figuring out if they have a knife on them or not, where he couldn't before.

ughvxj5.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

This is another level of bullshit.

Should we really be surprised though?

• Like 2

This is also part of the problem with their maddening lack of transparency.  The only reason we know that the new window-breaking system is deliberate is it's hard to imagine they added a button prompt by accident - sure wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, though.  And because they keep trying to sneak in balance changes and tweak important game mechanics without telling us what they're doing, it's impossible to know if it's a bug or something they intended to do.

Look at how long it took to get a straight answer to "yes, breaking doors in combat stance is ok, but no, blocking your way through traps, flare guns, etc is not intended."  I suspect they didn't mean to add a window to the struggle where Jason can execute you even though they have a pocket knife or three on them, but I can't say that for certain because they almost certainly wouldn't have bothered to tell us if it WAS deliberate.  

I can forgive the developers a lot, but their habit of making significant changes to fundamental game mechanics without any sort of public testing, warning, or even telling us after the fact in the patch notes is pretty inexcusable.  And it makes our job as players, helping identify bugs and report them, harder because half the time something no longer works the way it used to you're legitimately unsure if it was an intentional change or an accident.  And that's beyond frustrating.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

This is also part of the problem with their maddening lack of transparency.  The only reason we know that the new window-breaking system is deliberate is it's hard to imagine they added a button prompt by accident - sure wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, though.  And because they keep trying to sneak in balance changes and tweak important game mechanics without telling us what they're doing, it's impossible to know if it's a bug or something they intended to do.

Look at how long it took to get a straight answer to "yes, breaking doors in combat stance is ok, but no, blocking your way through traps, flare guns, etc is not intended."  I suspect they didn't mean to add a window to the struggle where Jason can execute you even though they have a pocket knife or three on them, but I can't say that for certain because they almost certainly wouldn't have bothered to tell us if it WAS deliberate.  

I can forgive the developers a lot, but their habit of making significant changes to fundamental game mechanics without any sort of public testing, warning, or even telling us after the fact in the patch notes is pretty inexcusable.  And it makes our job as players, helping identify bugs and report them, harder because half the time something no longer works the way it used to you're legitimately unsure if it was an intentional change or an accident.  And that's beyond frustrating.

Out of likes. Damn.

• Like 1

Well, call me a newb or a bad player, but are you saying that pocket knives are automatic?

I always thought pocket knives had to be used by the player to escape... therefore, people could always be killed while having 1, 2, or even 3 pocket knives.

I don't think anyone needs to call you a noob or a bad player but yes pocket knives trigger automatically with out the player having to activate them.  Other than disarming one of Jason's traps with the pocket knife that has to be done through player action.

• Like 1

Just now, UprightChair said:

I don't think anyone needs to call you a noob or a bad player but yes pocket knives trigger automatically with out the player having to activate them.  Other than disarming one of Jason's traps with the pocket knife that has to be done through player action.

I seriously had no idea, lol. I always thought I/we were using them manually... 

Mind = blown

However, I have to say... I don't like that, lol. It should be manual. That way, the counselor or the Jason could get the jump - whoever hits first wins.

(been hit by way too many pocketknives by sniveling counselors that want to live just a few seconds longer before I kill them anyway, hahaha)

Seriously did not realize this. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nomadder said:

I seriously had no idea, lol. I always thought I/we were using them manually... 

Mind = blown

However, I have to say... I don't like that, lol. It should be manual. That way, the counselor or the Jason could get the jump - whoever hits first wins.

(been hit by way too many pocketknives by sniveling counselors that want to live just a few seconds longer before I kill them anyway, hahaha)

Seriously did not realize this. Thanks!

Yep pocket knives were auto.  I actually like that they work that way, they protected you even if you got caught off guard, as opposed to something like fireworks, that you have to try to aim and throw.  They would be of pretty limited use if you had to quickly react and hit the correct button to 'deploy' it before Jason finalized his grip on you.  People would hit the wrong button, or press it an instant too late - but be sure that they'd hit it on time.  A bad ping could completely ruin the timing of its use.  

People would have been pretty livid if they'd had a pocket knife on them and something had gone wrong and they'd gotten killed anyway.

Well, as we're seeing now that exactly that is happening, for example.  =)   

Pocket knives are a nice failsafe.  They make every grab a gamble for Jason, add a little bit of uncertainty and a little bit of risk of losing his prey.  They wouldn't be a great tool, IMO, if they relied on you basically racing to hit a button to stab Jason before he hit the button to choke you out - and it would further push Jason players to use the fastest, most boring kills.