Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

[POLL] Does Jason feel more clunky after the patch?

Does Jason feel clunky after the patch?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. So does Jason feel more clunky after the patch?

• Yes - Jason does feel more clunky
    • No - haven't noticed a difference

I've noticed that Jason feels more clunky after the patch. With an animation for breaking the window, animations getting stuck on doors, weird grab issues, etc.

I've only played two games of him so far but I can just feel the difference whIle playing as him. And I don't like it.

I hope I'm not crazy and others here feel the same. Please vote honestly and play at least one game as Jason before voting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've noticed that Jason feels more clunky after the patch. With an animation for breaking the window, animations getting stuck on doors, weird grab issues, etc.

I've only played two ganes of him so far but I can just feel the difference whIle playing as him. And I don't like it.

I hope I'm not crazy and others here feel the same. Please vote honestly and play at least one game as Jason before voting.

I noticed the door and window issues, but didn't notice any real difference in grabs.

• Like 1

Well after the update (ps4)  and waiting for like seems to be around an hour to get into a match then being able to finish a match without the host rage quitting the whole game feels a little off. Besides the new window crap I can't really put my finger on it it just seems different. Haven't been able to play long enough to figure out if it's a bad thing or not yet so hopefully they will fix the match making problems and we can get a better feel for everything new. 

• Like 1

The window change is a head scratcher for sure. They need to bring back the old meelee window smash, or keep both options.

Breaking power boxes is glitched now. Took me 3 hits before it even registered.

you can still combat stance doors, but not always? Sometimes it works. Not sure if they intentionally nerfed combat stance door breaking, or it's just a glitch?

It was definitely clunky on the four games I played as Jason. The FPS has also taken a hit; the game seems slower/bogged down in general. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game, but there are issues with the latest release that aren't favorable. It happens. I'm sure they're working on fixing a bunch of the problems with this release as I type.

Well, because of the PS4s servers catching on fire since yesterday, I haven't been able to play as Jason. But, out of the two games that I played, I've noticed that Jason never destroyed a single window. They always walk right by the window and started breaking down the door. Probably due to the Window nerf.

3 people on this poll have perception issues if they haven't noticed a difference or were really bad and took hours fo break apart a cabin pre-patch. 

Yeah the windows thing is crazy annoying - and btw, thanks for putting that in the patch notes, so we knew it was coming.  <_<  It took forever before I even registered there was a button prompt and realized it was a deliberate change.  I couldn't figure out how I was missing swings at the window.  And the power boxes are bugged - I don't think it actually takes several presses to register, the press takes several seconds before it registers, during which time you can keep mashing the button.  Press it once and it'll work, you just stand there like an idiot for 2-3 seconds before the animation kicks in.

I don't know why they did stuff like that. As posted, it makes Jason feel INCREDIBLY clunky now.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I liked the changes they made with the update. Personally, I thought it was far too easy to get all 8 kills every match as Jason, didn't matter which Jason I was, even with Part 7 I would get at least 6 out of 8. Adding context to the windows takes about as long as it does to pick up a knife so it doesn't really bother me, if you master shift grabbing nothing else really matters anyway. Breaking down the doors using the combat chance felt cheap to me and made it even easier to kill counselors in a cabin. The smaller maps definitely change some of the dynamics, but I really didn't notice any difference to how I played. Got to be Jason three times on the smaller maps and only once did I fail to kill everyone (got 7 out of 8). The highlighting of context kills really helps out Jason I think, not many people have mentioned it, but they added a lot of new environmental kill locations. My point is, for me at least, this update actually gives me a challenge as Jason.

Yeah, he does feel a bit more clunky after the patch. 

It's not like he's harder to play, but it feels different than before.

Thought fuck it and played half a game as Jason. Playing with him feels like a broken mess. My 2 mins this morning was not a aberration. 

20 minutes ago, Khryn said:

Yeah, he does feel a bit more clunky after the patch. 

It's not like he's harder to play, but it feels different than before.

Except he is harder to play already.  Breaking cabins apart takes twice as long.  Its easy to run away from him.  Wait until the general playerbase figures out they are completely immune to Jason during window-climbing animations.

I've only played 3 matches as Jason since the patch, so I don't really have enough info to make a definitive statement yet. I will say that playing as Jason felt...off. I'm not going to address the window breaking issue, it has been hammered to death already. The framerate fluctuation may be a big part of this. There are times the game runs much more smoothly than before the patch, and there are certain instances where it feels like my FR is like 20 fps. It is jarring and distracting. Maybe it will all even out in a few days. 

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've only played two games of him so far but I can just feel the difference whIle playing as him. And I don't like it.

Jason for sure feels clunky and not as OP as he used to be(IMO he should be OP).  They slowed his pace down a lot which is noticeable on the smaller maps and balances it out a little but it is more noticeable on the bigger maps which for me hurts Jason.  Its still too early to tell since the patch just dropped yesterday tho.  Not enough time for people to adapt to the new changes and figure out a playstyle.  

I kind of like the new window animation for oh say breaking that ever annoying open window.  But closed windows should still break the same as they always have 

• Like 1