Sign in to follow this  
Goldenking

Single player as DLC

If the goal for single player is not met could it be DLC on the success of the game? If you don't already know this I want to see single player happen, not only for me but for people who don't have internet,people who don't like being scared so they can be jason and kill ai, or people who love being scared and they play as the victim and hide from the jason ai.

• Like 4

Gun's said they'll talk about DLC later. Right now, their focus is on working on the game.

• Like 3

If they cant get enought money to add the single player mode in the game since the start,I really hope they make it as a DLC.. S2 Single player would mean the game would live forever and as much as its more fun to play with friends,I like the idea of having a choice to play alone if I feel like it or if I dont have any friends online to play with.

If they cant get enought money to add the single player mode in the game since the start,I really hope they make it as a DLC.. S2 Single player would mean the game would live forever and as much as its more fun to play with friends,I like the idea of having a choice to play alone if I feel like it or if I dont have any friends online to play with.

Devil's Advocate:

What are you talking about?  It wouldn't matter if the game were Single Player or Multiplayer, it would live forever regardless.  Look at Call of Duty, and Battlefield..  people aren't playing those for the Single Player.

I want a single player in as well.  HOWEVER.. I don't think single player would do well in the same world play mechanics as they are designing multiplayer.  I don't think there would be any playing as Jason in the single player because that would be a little ridiculous.  There would be no point, and no story to the game, and the A.I. by today's standards would most definitely be dumb.

SINGLE PLAYER if they created it would be something entirely different from what happens on multiplayer.  I could see them either:

A: Creating Challenges for the Player.  Small segmented story chunks where you have to complete objectives.

B: Have it done really well with full fledged single player story complete with "Daylight" moments where you interact with the environment, other counselors, and exploration during the daytime, and then Jason comes for you in the dark, and there's an entire story with acting played out.

This would take a lot as they'd have to go back and rent the full motion capture studio once again to basically record a full captured featured movie, complete with camper actors, and story segmented cut scenes. 

I don't like the idea of single player. It seems like it would make the game way too hard for newbies.

I don't like the idea of single player. It seems like it would make the game way too hard for newbies.

What theres not to like? '-' This opition would let you play even if you dont have any friends to play with ,and usually with single player/offline mode there are dificulty opitions,easy ,normal,hard hardest... that would help the noobies a LOT.Playing in any dificulty they want and letting us practice to learn the game better. :D 

What theres not to like? '-' This opition would let you play even if you dont have any friends to play with ,and usually with single player/offline mode there are dificulty opitions,easy ,normal,hard hardest... that would help the noobies a LOT.Playing in any dificulty they want and letting us practice to learn the game better. :D

You don't need friends to play online! It would automatically find players for your lobby!

I've never "only played with friends online"

You don't need friends to play online! It would automatically find players for your lobby!

I've never "only played with friends online"

Ok,but even so... I think single player/offline mode would only make this game more complete :) more options the better.

I would like to play in every dificulty they make the game in.

Starting on easy mode till "impsossible" or idk what they will call it. ahhaha :D 

Devil's Advocate:

What are you talking about? It wouldn't matter if the game were Single Player or Multiplayer, it would live forever regardless. Look at Call of Duty, and Battlefield.

blondie isn't wrong, you are comparing AAA games too an indie game. they can afford too have the servers stay open until they need it too be closed or until xbox 360 or PS3 no longer supports online which would probably be awhile take evolve for example no one plays it anymore. The only way it could truly be in the friday the 13th franchise history book is if it had some sort of single player that people could play years from now like the first Friday The 13th game or else it ends up like the deleted scenes that have never been recovered expect not really, because if people 20 years from now want too see what this game was like they can just search it up on YouTube on their hologram 16K TV and tbh I'm kind of okay with that, it's like if you were one of the very few people too actually see the footage that was deleted and too this day never recovered it puts you in a special league of friday the 13th fans years from now, when jason is what the universal monsters are too the average horror fan right now because you got too experience something that will likely be a missing chapter too the franchise in the future so fuck the people 20 years from now they should of been born earlier I'd much rather Maps anyways.

Not to fret guys the game will be here for a very long time! And I understand single player values but I just told my kids this morning while playing Star Wars battlefront online Walker assault "see isn't it way more exciting battling REAL online players than mindless offline AI Bots?" They were like "yeah it's like an adrenaline rush when you get a kill on a real player I can't explain it dad" and I 100% agree it makes the game super addicting!

You mention PS3? You need to upgrade not too many people play that anymore ... Get a ps4!

Not to fret guys the game will be here for a very long time! And I understand single player values but I just told my kids this morning while playing Star Wars battlefront online Walker assault "see isn't it way more exciting battling REAL online players than mindless offline AI Bots?" They were like "yeah it's like an adrenaline rush when you get a kill on a real player I can't explain it dad" and I 100% agree it makes the game super addicting!

You mention PS3? You need to upgrade not too many people play that anymore ... Get a ps4!

i have an xbox one and will probably get the 4.5 when it comes out might give in before that though i was referring too that even if the servers do last years for call of duty on the older consoles eventually they will close when sony and Microsoft no longer support the last gen consoles like they eventually did with xbox original and ps2

i have an xbox one and will probably get the 4.5 when it comes out might give in before that though i was referring too that even if the servers do last years for call of duty on the older consoles eventually they will close when sony and Microsoft no longer support the last gen consoles like they eventually did with xbox original and ps2

When I bought my PS4 I was told Sony isn't making a system for 10 years! That's why I went for it! The NEO (PS4.5) is more so just a upgraded version of the ps4 that will support 4K

Well let's go forward  a little bit, about, 15 years. You open an old box in your childhood's room and you find "Friday the 13th the game" in this dvd box. The cd is clean, so you put it in your pc/mac, whatever, after the installation completed, you launch the game !!! So much memories with the films, so much exciting to play again at this game and showing it to your kids !!! 

The main menu ... you click on "play" / join game / .... and wait.... wait... wait... no response .. Rage quit  steam, turn off the pc....

I don't want to let this happens  !!!

I know guys are working so hard and so well on it, i'm not pressing you . To the contrary i wish you the best, and hope to see more news @E3 2016 !

For me and i'm sure, it's gonna be the GOY !