ZooMalfunction

Changes to window mechanics - POLL

Changes to the window mechanic  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Should the window mechanic changes be reverted?

• Yes
    • No

Let's give our opinion as clearly as we can by voting, so the developers can accurately see our opinions.

Personally I think it's an awful change to the game and needs to be patched out asap. Nobody is happy with it - counselors or Jasons.

Not just how slow it is, but it breaks a key part of the game's balance by making counselors immune to everything but knives while climbing through windows, creating loops that can be sustained with med sprays and thick skin for a stupid amount of time.

Please patch out this monstrosity of an idea NOW.

• Like 6

Terrible decision on GUNMEDIA's part. Slows the pace of the chase when it should be fast on the smaller maps.  I'm cool with the new nerf to "blocking" but this window mechanic is an absolute slap in the face to Jason players.  Jason shouldn't be put at a disadvantage...the game is named after him for christ's sake.:angry:

• Like 4

I currently have my preference set to counselors. It has always been set to Jason until this new patch.

Tiffany was able to out run me through windows for 20 minutes while I was SAVINI JASON. ? 

It was not a fun match. I was slowed way down without the ability to quickly break doors and windows in combat stance.

I hate playing as Jason now. Please bring back combat stance door breaking and window breaking.

The game feels way different now. Counselors easily move through windows and you can't hurt them with your weapon.

Tiffany has become my new favorite character to keep Jason busy for 20 minutes. Fun for me. Not for Jason players.

The new maps are said to be fast paced. Not with the new patches. Everyone survives 20 minutes if a bug does not stop them first.

Please fix this immediately before you lose everyone.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Please patch out this monstrosity of an idea.

im sure they are already aware the community is not receiving this to well.

Agreed. This is the worst change I have seen to a game in a very long time. Completely killed the thrill of the chase with Jason.

The only logical reason I can see why they made this change is that some people don't know that you should use combat stance to break vertically open windows. 

Please, for the love of all that is unholy, revert this crap or at least make it optional for those that don't know how to use combat stance correctly.

Also, since you broke the hitboxes on doors, make the door smashing animation mandatory or change it back to the way it was. I remember a post from a mod saying that combat stance door smashing was legit so why mess with it? Personally I think the animation for the door is stupid as well, it just guarantees a free hit for the counselor when the door breaks so why would Jason do it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I currently have my preference set to counselors. It has always been set to Jason until this new patch.

Tiffany was able to out run me through windows for 20 minutes while I was SAVINI JASON. ? 

It was not a fun match. I was slowed way down without the ability to quickly break doors and windows in combat stance.

I hate playing as Jason now. Please bring back combat stance door breaking and window breaking.

The game feels way different now. Counselors easily move through windows and you can't hurt them with your weapon.

Tiffany has become my new favorite character to keep Jason busy for 20 minutes. Fun for me. Not for Jason players.

Please fix this immediately before you lose everyone.

Very true...i've seen an increase in Tiffany and our favorite Vanessa players...<_<  I have also set my preference to counselors.  Juking Jason while that poor guy just slowly tries breaking the windows is just sad to watch.  I really have no desire at all to play as Jason right now...I NEVER thought i'd ever feel that way.:(

• Like 4

Im am appalled at this move, and i hate it. If your getting hit climbing through a window, then you shld have dove. If not then you deserve that hit.

Remove this silly immunity and animation.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

If your getting hit climbing through a window, then you shld have dove.

Well... You could still be struck with a heavy hit through the window after diving through if Jason angled himself properly. (I think that was still fine, though.)

First game as Jason with the new patch and I was excited....until I found out about this new animation.

I don't know why something so little really took the steam out of my game but it did...

• Like 1

I think having the interact as an option to break the window is good, in the sense that there have been many times as Jason that I was unable to break the window due to what I presume was a collision problem for several attempts.  HOWEVER, I think that the original ability to break windows with weapons should also be left in.  More options is better than fewer.  Plus, not being able to grab/hit a counselor who is climbing through a window just sucks.  Jason has been hit hard this patch, between the window nerf and the teamkiller removal that allows people to swing weapons constantly without worrying about hurting other counselors.

The new window animation makes it easier for the councillors. Which is stupid, as Councillors are getting OP, and they don't need any more help.

Please go back to the original window breaking meelee attack, or give us both options 

2 hours ago, konamijudge said:

Well... You could still be struck with a heavy hit through the window after diving through if Jason angled himself properly. (I think that was still fine, though.)

I also think that was fine. It wasnt a garenteed hit everytime an unless you were using savini half the time it wld miss. (The range on that pitchfork tho, sheesh)

I vote no because it's supposed to be an easy mode for newbies, a training mode if you will. 

It's kinda like how cod multiplayer has it's easy mode then it's hard-core mode for hard-core players. 

I believe this change marks the beginning of the infinite cycle of buff-nerf.

I remember when I was playing Warcraft and everything was being changed on a constant basis because one group or other thought one thing or other was op, or damage meters would favour one class for a period of time.

Jason is OP, and counselors are dying too much. Ok we fixed it. Counselors are OP and surviving too much, Ok we fixed that. Repeat ad infinitum.

This patch may be the patch where Jason play getsa hurt a bit, but the next one will likely see survival go down.

13 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I vote no because it's supposed to be an easy mode for newbies, a training mode if you will. 

It's kinda like how cod multiplayer has it's easy mode then it's hard-core mode for hard-core players. 

Easy mode?

This is Friday the 13th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Easy mode?

This is Friday the 13th.

Maybe so but not all players are young and skilled. 

A game franchise has to recognize that and make it suitable for all players so everyone has a fair chance. 

What may be difficult to some is impossible for others, and nobody likes an impossible game. 

5 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Easy mode?

This is Friday the 13th.

hahahahahah  IKR!!  wtf...if you want easy go play with your wii-u or the games on your smart phone. This is why children shouldn't be allowed to play this game. :huh:

• Like 1

This was a completely pointless change to the gameplay.  I wonder how much time was wasted by them implementing this instead of making sure the game wouldn't crash on PS4?

1 minute ago, Seeker said:

A game franchise has to recognize that and make it suitable for all players so everyone has a fair chance. 

I'm 39 years old and younger kids can run circles around me in most games nowadays.  This change makes it harder for me as Jason while making it significantly easier as a counselor.  I don't see how this is a positive change that gives people a "fair chance" as much as it is something that really just makes the game less than it was before the change.

3 minutes ago, Max Walker said:

hahahahahah  IKR!!  wtf...if you want easy Seeker go play with your wii-u or the games on your smart phone. This is why children shouldn't be allowed to play this game. :huh:

I don't have a Wii-U and the only child I see is you with your display of ignorance, rudness and mockery.

Grow up please. ?

2 minutes ago, Max Walker said:

hahahahahah  IKR!!  wtf...if you want easy go play with your wii-u or the games on your smart phone. This is why children shouldn't be allowed to play this game. :huh:

This is likely a step too far, and has little place in a community.

I prefer a game and a community that is as inclusive as possible, and dislike elitists that tell others to go play something else when they give their opinion on something.

This is all just opinion anyway. What I like, what you like, what Seeker likes, and I suppose most importantly what the Devs like.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeker said:

What may be difficult to some is impossible for others, and nobody likes an impossible game. 

So they make it harder for Jason so more counselors live... Sounds like a blast.  Hey, did you guys hear about that new Friday the 13th movie where Jason kills NO ONE because they simply locked windows?  Counselors are supposed to die.  Only a few should survive, if any.  

By your own logic, when you're Jason do you expect everyone to live?  Does it make for a fun game when you are Jason and you kill no one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jbrobst865 said:

So they make it harder for Jason so more counselors live... Sounds like a blast.  Hey, did you guys hear about that new Friday the 13th movie where Jason kills NO ONE because they simply locked windows?  Counselors are supposed to die.  Only a few should survive, if any.  

By your own logic, when you're Jason do you expect everyone to live?  Does it make for a fun game when you are Jason and you kill no one?

That is your opinion of how things should go.

My opinion is that it should be balanced so that people enjoy themselves, all the people, not just the killer, but also the counselors.

Balance is hard thing to achieve in 1 v 7 environment, and you are right in that it should be somewhat tipped towards the one so it remains a bit balanced.

This is a game and not the movies.