GonzoThe912TH

CW Friday The 13th Not Happening.

At least they're still making a 13th movie!

Don't be surprised if that gets pushed back too, the script still isn't finish then it needs too get the okay fron the studio and getting 8 executives too all agree on a script I doubt it'll make the jan 13 window they are aiming for and the 4 year contract is almost up

i would of liked to see how the tv series would work, but i prefer a franchise like this to stick with movies.

I gotta admit - I'm not too sad about this. I never liked the matchup of CW and Friday the 13th.

I'm a little disappointed but understand. The cost of the special effects alone would have been out of this world.

i would of liked to see how the tv series would work, but i prefer a franchise like this to stick with movies.

Yeah but times ticking and the movie franchise is moving too slow for Jason we almost need a fast paced tv series ... Jason needs his machete to be fed faster!

At least I'm bringing him to you guys in my Slasher Backer films ;)

I'm a little disappointed but understand. The cost of the special effects alone would have been out of this world.

Not so much the cost of special effects as CW can afford it. While VFX are expensive it's not an avengers series. And because it's not an avengers series is probably why it has been scrapped. Movies, television shows and games cost so much money to produce these days studios are taking safe bets in lieu of something new. Friday the 13th while popular could only be so gorey as it is on a television network and also it's a select audience and not a ridiculously huge audience that they can reach the full market of potential consumers such as kids and so forth.

I think they probably thought it was a big risk not worth it on their end of maybe there was some behind the scenes disputes over the series.

It would be awesome if every show just had new campers come in and councelors and always started over as s new show with Jason picking them off 1 by 1

I gotta admit - I'm not too sad about this. I never liked the matchup of CW and Friday the 13th.

Yeah, this is really something that would work better on like an FX or some other cable network that can get a little more leniency with the FCC.  Having a Friday show on a standard network channel would end up just feeling as sterile as the made for tv edits to the older Friday movies. Anyone that ever watched the Friday movies on TNT's Monstervision knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

Yeah, this is really something that would work better on like an FX or some other cable network that can get a little more leniency with the FCC. Having a Friday show on a standard network channel would end up just feeling as sterile as the made for tv edits to the older Friday movies. Anyone that ever watched the Friday movies on TNT's Monstervision knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Just put it on AMC and we are all set I mean look at the Walking Dead that show is more brutal than some R rated movies I've seen!

• Like 1

I'm just not sure how something like F13 would work on the little screen, so I'm kinda glad this isn't happening. Jason's better off on the big screen to me, so hopefully we'll get another movie before the end of the decade.

The initial idea behind the show would have worked well for CW and younger fans would have really enjoyed it. Too many cooks in the kitchen on this one is what I was hearing for the last month or so before I broke the news. It's too bad as I was hoping for a fun episodic tale about Crystal Lake.

I agree with POWELLCAMPS, it could've been on AMC and start with say a 5 episode start to see how it goes. They also could've had come on at 10pm.  As far as gore is concerned, have you seen Grimm? They could've gone that route too.

I agree with POWELLCAMPS, it could've been on AMC and start with say a 5 episode start to see how it goes. They also could've had come on at 10pm. As far as gore is concerned, have you seen Grimm? They could've gone that route too.

HBO is better then AMC if the target audience was people who are fans of the franchise i'd rather it be on HBO not the channel that has all the shows HBO rejected

who knows maybe sean isn't done pitching it someone might bite this definitely the best time for it, I'm hoping for Netflix or HBO they have no one too answer too AMC still plays the censored versions of the movies, i do think it would of been interesting too see how the show on CW would have penned out though.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is really something that would work better on like an FX or some other cable network that can get a little more leniency with the FCC.  Having a Friday show on a standard network channel would end up just feeling as sterile as the made for tv edits to the older Friday movies. Anyone that ever watched the Friday movies on TNT's Monstervision knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

On the other hand, Supernatural is on The CW, and they constantly surprise me with the things they can get away with.

Or look at Hannibal, which was NBC.

2 hours ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

lol.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3440321/sean-cunningham-keeping-hope-alive-friday-13th-tv-series/ 

fuck off sean this is a stupid idea someone keep this man away from his own franchise. 

Yeah too bad the movie was shelved, I agree this idea really isn't that great.

It reminds me of "New Nightmare" with Freddy trying to escape the movies into the "real world" which I didn't care for either.

Honestly, I could see this working if you go with a sort of Twin Peaks but scarier vibe. What's it like to live in a town where an undead serial killer stalks the woods? How do you keep your children safe in that environment? How jaded do you have to be when you watch a group of 20-somethings ignore all the warnings and go get themselves slaughtered.

There was a Friday the 13th comic that took the angle that the lake itself is just a place of evil. Like a cursed place on Earth, and Jason is its latest and greatest iteration. Roll with that.

7 hours ago, GameboySM said:

Yeah too bad the movie was shelved, I agree this idea really isn't that great.

It reminds me of "New Nightmare" with Freddy trying to escape the movies into the "real world" which I didn't care for either.

Really? I love wes craven new nightmare it was an pretty original idea at the time and an interesting approach since the franchise was pretty much dead at the time dylan being said 1000 was a little annoying though lol

6 hours ago, shaderaygun said:

Honestly, I could see this working if you go with a sort of Twin Peaks but scarier vibe. What's it like to live in a town where an undead serial killer stalks the woods? How do you keep your children safe in that environment? How jaded do you have to be when you watch a group of 20-somethings ignore all the warnings and go get themselves slaughtered.

There was a Friday the 13th comic that took the angle that the lake itself is just a place of evil. Like a cursed place on Earth, and Jason is its latest and greatest iteration. Roll with that.

I don't like the idea of friday the 13th being a franchise In the series  its hacky it worked for scream because its scream friday the 13th should always be them acting like it never happened and just a camp fire story not making movies about it. 

• Like 1