Jason feels completely underpowered after this update(it feels strange saying it lol). I understand that blocking flairs, and firecrackers were an exploit(I've no problem with the removal) but I feel things should be leveled out if Jason can no longer block those items. Less of those items should spawn for counselors to use. It's not fair Jason can be triple stunned in a row(yes triple stunned). Making it nearly impossible to stop counselors from completing objectives. Not only that but Jason can longer hit windows in free stance. He uses a entire animation for it. Granted it is quite simple and short, but it kills the momentum of rushing up and breaking a window before a counselor tries to escape ( Which is now impossible). Not only that the animation leaves Jason completely vulnerable to attacks. I'm starting to wonder if these were added as a design choice to have more counselors escape regularly. Jason is far too easy to face against. With the right group of people Jason can be easily dominated. If counselor are getting all these "buffs" then Jason should have some sort of new advantage. Perhaps perks, or faster cooldown abilities.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Jason feels completely underpowered after this update(it feels strange saying it lol). I understand that blocking flairs, and firecrackers were an exploit(I've no problem with the removal) but I feel things should be leveled out if Jason can no longer block those items. Less of those items should spawn for counselors to use. It's not fair Jason can be triple stunned in a row(yes triple stunned). Making it nearly impossible to stop counselors from completing objectives. Not only that but Jason can longer hit windows in free stance. He uses a entire animation for it. Granted it is quite simple and short, but it kills the momentum of rushing up and breaking a window before a counselor tries to escape ( Which is now impossible). Not only that the animation leaves Jason completely vulnerable to attacks. I'm starting to wonder if these were added as a design choice to have more counselors escape regularly. Jason is far too easy to face against. With the right group of people Jason can be easily dominated. If counselor are getting all these "buffs" then Jason should have some sort of new advantage. Perhaps perks, or faster cooldown abilities.

Yea I noticed and had issues with the same thing. Its too early to tell if it'll cause problems as I was only able to get 1 full round in as Jason (went 8/8 on Packanack Small). The LAST thing this game needs is more counselors escaping, 1 MAYBE 2 per match with an avg or below avg Jason should be the result.

• Like 2

I agree the window breaking change is stupid. It slows Jason down, leaves him more vulnerable to attacks, and makes playing Jason feel more 'gamey' and less scary and vicious.

This combined with removing friendly fire making grab rescues risk-free, and having half the maps now be small ones, which early evidence suggests are much harder for Jason, means he's had a pretty serious nerf.

I don't care about removing stance exploits though. They should never have been in, and are only a nerf for those who used them. Everyone else survived just fine playing normally, as is enforced now, so no, Jason should not get compensated for this.

That's like saying counselors should be buffed, because they can no longer get out the map.

• Like 3

I just noticed this window smash animation and fu#@3 hate it, the stupidest choice they made Jason wise so far, this along with combat stances hit detection even on door now BLOWS

They better change this Sh#3

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Stop whining about Jason. He is still overpowered compared to councillors. As you admit blocking crackers ad flare gun etc were exploits that had to be corrected. There is only one Jason per game and up to 7 other human beings playing as councillors. You can't just keep demanding Jason has all advantages. Councillors want to escape.

So Jason is not nerfed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Stop whining about Jason. He is still overpowered compared to councillors. As you admit blocking crackers ad flare gun etc were exploits that had to be corrected. There is only one Jason per game and up to 7 other human beings playing as councillors. You can't just keep demanding Jason has all advantages. Councillors want to escape.

So Jason is not nerfed.

I'm going to have to disagree. At least for me if Jason is up against a GOOD group of counselors who know how to communicate well and work together. It is now nearly impossible to defeat them. Before the patch it was challenging but now these tiny little changes add up and make a significant difference.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

So Jason is not nerfed.

Jason is supposed to have all the advantages. Doesn't matter if the counselors want to escape, they aren't supposed to. 1 maybe 2, max. 

• Like 15

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

I'm going to have to disagree. At least for me if Jason is up against a GOOD group of counselors who know how to communicate well and work together. It now nearly impossible to defeat them. Before the patch it was challenging but now these tiny little changes add up and make a significant difference.

Haven't played a small map yet, but the hurried nature seems like Jason's abilities will be behind the bulk of counselor actions. Guess we will have to become very efficient with Jason's abilities if we hope to stop counselors on the smaller maps.

I have not had the chance to play since the patch broke everything. But if what is described above is 100% accurate, that is just crazy. I mean all GUN has to do for the fans is fix current issues with the patch, add dedicated servers for console players and a DLC every now and then to keep people interested. Why do they have to go and break/change stuff to ruin a previously fun game is beyond me. This is F13, the counselors are suppose to die most of the time. Not to mention with the small maps it makes things 100% easier. I read there is no boat, so that means every map there is going to be 2 keys, gas, and batteries all within close proximity of each other. So counselors are going to be able to get the car together super fast, and have a crippled Jason chasing them. With that said, all of this is coming from a player that has a spawn preference as counselor so I don't play Jason often. If I feel this way, I feel really bad for the prefer Jason players. Hopefully this gets reverted back to keep the game interesting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I'm going to have to disagree. At least for me if Jason is up against a GOOD group of counselors who know how to communicate well and work together. It is now nearly impossible to defeat them. Before the patch it was challenging but now these tiny little changes add up and make a significant difference.

I was always afraid of this and am hoping the devs pay attention to this and make counselor nerfs/Jason buffs accordingly.  Jason should always, always have the advantage. At any point Jason becomes a lessened threat, this game dies. Even playing as a counselor I want to feel as though my chances of survival are slim. It's what makes escaping so rewarding. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Misterx said:

I just noticed this window smash animation and fu#@3 hate it, the stupidest choice they made Jason wise so far, this along with combat stances hit detection even on door now BLOWS

They better change this Sh#3

I'm not breaking the rules am I I just did a regular swing and the window broke and I hit someone inside

2 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I was always afraid of this and am hoping the devs pay attention to this and make counselor nerfs/Jason buffs accordingly.  Jason should always, always have the advantage. At any point Jason becomes a lessened threat, this game dies. Even playing as a counselor I want to feel as though my chances of survival are slim. It's what makes escaping so rewarding. 

I know it doesn't matter now that they have implemented these, but we can always just play the old maps if it gets too out of hand. I also realize that nothing will change for a while at least, but maybe Jason's Rage should build twice as fast on a small map, or bump up with each kill to intensify the situation.

2 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Exactly I prefer playing as counselor and now I know longer feel the same fear or anxiety when I hear the Jason music. Knowing easily i can stun him and cabin hop till the timer runs out with ERIC( out of all counselors lol). I want encounters with Jason to always be deadly. Jason shouldn't be overwhelmed so easily.

1 minute ago, William Shatner said:

I'm not breaking the rules am I I just did a regular swing and the window broke and I hit someone inside

Maybe it's positioning? I tried earlier and had to use the animation. Couldn't break windows without it. 

Just now, Bigfoot said:

I know it doesn't matter now that they have implemented these, but we can always just play the old maps if it gets too out of hand. I also realize that nothing will change for a while at least, but maybe Jason's Rage should build twice as fast on a small map, or bump up with each kill to intensify the situation.

If I'm a lobby host, I won't be picking the small maps. It's just not how I want to play F13. 

• Like 2

The small maps are actually super fun. But I too am very upset about the new window mechanic. There's actually two Jason nerfs going on here. Not only do you have to enter an animation to break the window, you can no longer hit a counselor at the start of their window climbing. This means that as soon as a counselor enters the window animation, they are guaranteed safe from a Jason hit or grab. You also can no longer melee a counselor through the window. Knife throw still works though. I know that this is going to cause a lot of Jasons to not bother breaking windows as much. I think the devs gave window breaks an animation because Jason's weapon would get stuck a lot. Especially Savini and Part 6.

Also, I came across a whole slew of new bugs. 

8 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Jason is supposed to have all the advantages. Doesn't matter if the counselors want to escape, they aren't supposed to. 1 maybe 2, max. 

If they weren't supposed to escape then it would be a single player game with councillors as bots.

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

Maybe it's positioning? I tried earlier and had to use the animation. Couldn't break windows without it. 

Probably a glitch I've tried free swinging on windows and they never broken.

Just now, Peter1970 said:

If they weren't supposed to escape then it would be a single player game with councillors as bots.

No, it's supposed to be a challenge, which means stacking the odds for Jason. Jason rarely fails to kill someone he has a mind to.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigfoot said:

No, it's supposed to be a challenge, which means stacking the odds for Jason. Jason rarely fails to kill someone he has a mind to.

Exactly escaping should be rare. Jason feels like a damn weakling now lol.

• Like 1

Haven't played yet post patch. Sounds like Jason's cooldowns need to be sped up for the new maps.

Why did breaking windows need a prompt? For what purpose? I have to fucking wait until a counselor gets up after jumping through a window to break it. It makes no damn sense. 

• Like 3