Halloween vs Friday vs Nightmare

Halloween vs Friday vs Nightmare  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite series?

• Halloween
    • Friday the 13th
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street

1 hour ago, 1st2Die said:

For me it would just be nostalgia if anything. Halloween 4 and 5 didn't really do much for me and in my opinion, it added unneeded layers to it. Halloween 1, 2 and H20 tells a simple story without all the extra baggage.

Honestly, I'd be happy to watch them both ways.  It's almost two alternate realities.

Seems we all can due without Part 6 or any after H20.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for John Carpenter and his Halloween movie, their would be no Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street.  Respect your elders.  Halloween all the way.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 8:41 PM, SCREWNUT said:

If it wasn't for John Carpenter and his Halloween movie, their would be no Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street.  Respect your elders.  Halloween all the way.

I can definitely buy Friday the 13th(as a matter of fact, I think they've straight up admitted it), but I wonder if Nightmare pulled much inspiration from it.  They're two completely different kinds of killers and Craven was great at coming up with his own originals without copycatting.

6 hours ago, Deeify said:

I can definitely buy Friday the 13th(as a matter of fact, I think they've straight up admitted it), but I wonder if Nightmare pulled much inspiration from it.  They're two completely different kinds of killers and Craven was great at coming up with his own originals without copycatting.

Craven did say that a homeless man that lived outside his bedroom window as a child was his inspiration for Freddy.  The dream attacks where from news paper articles about several students dying due to severe night terrors back in the early 80s.  Halloween franchise success is what inspired the realitively new film group NEW LINE CINEMA the courage to go ahead and take a risk.  New Line Cinema to this day is called "The House that Freddy built".

Halloween is my fave slasher film, and by far the best slasher ever made in terms of a quality film production, but ...

... the question was favourite series and for me its Friday the 13th. Its sequels while not perfect were more enjoyable that Halloween's were. And don't get me started on Elm Street; I hate how the series upped the 'comedy' element.

I love all 3 series, warts and all, but I've got a particular fondness for Friday the 13th. There's simply more things that I find relatable (setting, motivations, etc.) in F13 than either Halloween or NOES.  

Favorite films in each series are:

-Halloween 1, 4, and the last 20min of H20.
-Nightmare one Elm Street 1 and 3
-Friday the 13th 1, 4, 6  

On 9/28/2017 at 6:48 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

Halloween is my fave slasher film, and by far the best slasher ever made in terms of a quality film production, but ...

... the question was favourite series and for me its Friday the 13th. Its sequels while not perfect were more enjoyable that Halloween's were. And don't get me started on Elm Street; I hate how the series upped the 'comedy' element.

Oh come on now.  If you adjust the Halloween Series to only include  Halloween, Halloween II, and Halloween: 20 Years later.  It's a perfect trilogy and a beautiful ending to the franchise.  Though I'm curious where this new Halloween movie will take us.  

On 9/29/2017 at 6:26 PM, SCREWNUT said:

Oh come on now.  If you adjust the Halloween Series to only include  Halloween, Halloween II, and Halloween: 20 Years later.  It's a perfect trilogy and a beautiful ending to the franchise.  Though I'm curious where this new Halloween movie will take us.  

Some people like to only see Nightmare 1, 3, and New Nightmare as canon.  For Friday, only 1-4.  I guess it's very subjective on what you prefer to be your cinematic world for each one.

Even if Halloween gave every other horror director the idea to make slasher movies, it still doesn't mean it's the best of the best.

After Halloween 4 for example, the story just became blatant and rushed. The way they tried to connect Michael to Satanist cults just really didn't fit with me in his invincibility. I was always more persuaded something was inside him that clicked and gave him the urge to kill his family. Or even something a lot different, not even human but a mongoloid. Something like Jason for example when his mother died. And don't even get me started on H20.

I always liked Nightmare but like Halloween, started to get tired of it up till the 5th installment.

I always liked all the Friday movies tbh even though it's the same formula every time, it always had some new ingredient added to every movie. I grew up with Friday movies and the hockey masked killer so I may seem a bit biased. At least it didn't shove a whole storyline that got confusing the first time they explained it up your ass. Was just mommies little boy killing horny teens.

This is bad of me to say, but Jason is the worst of all the killers. Leatherface being a non-possessed human makes him the creepiest due to wearing human flesh as a mask. Not to mention the terrifying sound of a chainsaw haunts so many people due to him.

No slasher movie is as terrifying and perfect in execution as Halloween 1. The way Halloween 2 picks up right where 1 left off is spectacular. The unknown factor of Michael makes him the scariest to me. Black eyes, like coal, the devil inside. Loomis describing him will haunt me forever.

The idea of Freddy and never being able to sleep is absolutely horrible in the most positive sense. No matter how you try, you will never avoid that death. His one liners are top notch and the kills are incredibly fun and original. I think all of the entries in Elm Street are fun and viewable, which I can't say for any of the other 3. Yes, this includes home erotic part 2. Sado masochist gym teacher and room clean up montage cleanup complete with butt drawer closing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is bad of me to say, but Jason is the worst of all the killers. Leatherface being a non-possessed human makes him the creepiest due to wearing human flesh as a mask. Not to mention the terrifying sound of a chainsaw haunts so many people due to him.

No slasher movie is as terrifying and perfect in execution as Halloween 1. The way Halloween 2 picks up right where 1 left off is spectacular. The unknown factor of Michael makes him the scariest to me. Black eyes, like coal, the devil inside. Loomis describing him will haunt me forever.

The idea of Freddy and never being able to sleep if absolutely horrible in the most positive sense. No matter how you try, you will never avoid that death. His one liners are too notch and the kills are incredibly fun and original. I think all of the entries in Elm Street are fun and viewable, which I can't say for any of the other 3. Yes, this includes home erotic part 2. Sado masochist gym teacher and room clean up montage cleanup complete with butt drawer closing.

If you think so you better leave , here is all about jason

( jason #1)

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:26 AM, SCREWNUT said:

I wouldn't call that a perfect trilogy ... good, but not perfect. Halloween 2 was too slow in places; I mean how empty I we supposed to believe that hospital is, for a town the size of Haddonfield? There were like eight people in the entire building it felt like. Still a good film mind, but not perfect. 

And I like H20 except the ending felt too rushed, almost over before it started.

As someone else said though, its personal choice I guess.

19 hours ago, pucho said:

If you think so you better leave , here is all about jason

( jason #1)

:lol:

No... I'm pretty sure independent thought still exists. All of his points are good.

I voted for Halloween, but I feel like it can be interchanged with Friday The 13th on any given day. Very close for me.

I really like Halloween 1 & 2.  Halloween 4 was very good.

For me, Halloween started slipping with part 5 and part 6 was just terrible.  Even his mask looked weird.  Come to think of it, the masks for 5 and 6 were pretty bad.

I only watched H20 once, but a lot of people seemed to like that one, so I'll have to give that another viewing.  Only watched Resurrection once and it was just whatever.  Kind of a stupid premise that was modernized with the online webcams.

I enjoyed Zombies Halloween.  The first one, not the seconded one.

I think what the deciding factor for me is just the overall story of Michael Myers and the theme of it taking place on Halloween.

I never really got into Nighmare on Elm Street.  Sorry Freddy.  

Gotta give love to the grandpa of slashers: Halloween. But Friday the 13th held my attention for way longer. Elm St. came last because it was more of a dark comedy than just slashing. So F13, Halloween, and Elm St. for me.

Friday, Halloween, then Nightmare.  Halloween would be neck and neck for 1st had they not shit all over parts 4-6 with H20.  As I understand, they now will be shitting all over H20 as well.    

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 1:07 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

Friday, Halloween, then Nightmare.  Halloween would be neck and neck for 1st had they not shit all over parts 4-6 with H20.  As I understand, they now will be shitting all over H20 as well.    

I saw that.  Let's hope a sequel to H20 will be good with JLC but I'm not getting my hopes up.

4 hours ago, Deeify said:

I saw that.  Let's hope a sequel to H20 will be good with JLC but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Turns out not a sequel to H20.  Direct sequel to part 2 and wipes H20 from story.  They are casting her daughter and not her son from H20.

Obviously Michael Myers would win since he's the only one that could possibly happen in real life. Dream people can't kill you and a boy who drown can't come back to life superhuman. But the original 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the best horror movie ever and Leatherface would win.

Myers = Most Creepy

Jason = Most Brutal

Freddy = Most Creative

I think we can at least all agree on that....right?