Barbara Ann, I love the detail you've put into this character! We need a hot, mean blonde! I feel like you did a great job of summing her up! Please game devs - listen to Barbara Ann!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, Veevleigh said:

Sounds good! But to prevent her from just being a Chad clone, maybe they should be varied up a little bit? Something like this, just randomly trying things (just random suggestions!):

Composure: 1/10
Luck: 10/10
Repair: 2/10
Speed: 4/10 (if she's in heels, this should be low)
Stamina: 9/10 (Mean Girl being in shape/physically fit/cheerleader type works, and high stamina but low speed could be interesting)
Stealth: 7/10 (Mean Girl is usually good at sneaking around to spy on others)
Strength:

2/10 (Mean Girl is usually physically not very strong at all)

Your stat pool ironically is too similar to Chad's, even when you said it needed to be varied up. Her composure should be slightly better, and her luck should be slightly lower, along with her stamina (if she's in heels, she would be running slower than AJ and Deborah.)

Here is my thought:

Composure 3/10 (The mean girl trope is known to lose their cool in arguments and have been known in other horror films to freak out quite easily.)

Luck 9/10 (Jenny is 8, Chad is 10. Let's get it in between)

Repair 1/10 (Not known to be a mechanic in any way shape or form. When have they ever shown interest in mechanical stuff?)

Speed 2/10 (She would be the only character with a 2/10 speed stat. Speed isn't really a problem if you know how to juke Jason.)

Stamina 8/10 (We don't have a character with low speed and high stamina as you said. Plus, stamina is one way of staying "being able to keep going", which is synonymous with persistence. We all know the mean girl trope is persistent.)

Stealth 8/10 (The mean/popular girl is good at sneaking around, especially when slipping out of the house after curfew. This stat should definitely be high.)

Strength 4/10 (Typically physically fit, but not much of a fighter.)

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:42 AM, Barbara Ann said:

I'd like a readhead counselor but they hate us gingers </3 

We hate ginger guys, but ginger girls are the best! Hot and fiery like the sun. Careful you don't get burned. 

Great idea! The only things I think could change is Composure and Speed being lower. The "bitch" girls in these movies are not physically adept. And they normally fold under the pressure and just lay there like the girl in Part 8 when he stabbed her with the mirror piece. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

There will be no heels. That much is clear after they removed Fox's heels. 

I don't think that is enough to determine whether or not the mean girl will have heels, especially since they've never said, "there won't be heels."

38 minutes ago, disco romance said:

I don't think that is enough to determine whether or not the mean girl will have heels.

I suppose they could make her limbs shorter but if you pay attention all characters are the same height for the skeleton animation. They all have elbows, hands, knees and toes at the same level. I'm not sure its possible to add heels and have her frame look natural unless they animate her differently than the other characters. So that's extra work they're clearly not willing to do. 

It's a fair point that heels are unlikely. But Fox is the tough biker chick, not having heels for her makes sense, even if she has them in the film. The Mean Girl, on the other hand, having heels is a really big part of the trope.

(Then again, I'd say the slutty/flirty girl should have heels too for that trope and they found an alternative for Tiffany).

lmao why does anyone want "the mean girl" i want tina as a special charecter like tommy dont know how it would work and i live how everyone refers to tiffany as the slut cause she as the flirty girl as a name booty shorts arent slutty our maybe every female highschool student during the summer is slutty lmao

4 minutes ago, guyfly2309 said:

lmao why does anyone want "the mean girl" i want tina as a special charecter like tommy dont know how it would work and i live how everyone refers to tiffany as the slut cause she as the flirty girl as a name booty shorts arent slutty our maybe every female highschool student during the summer is slutty lmao

Mainly because the mean girl is a really common 80's trope currently missing from the game. And it seems highly unlikely another 'special' character will happen.

As for Tiffany, it's again what the trope is. (Plus have you seen her Halloween outfit lol).

9 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

Mainly because the mean girl is a really common 80's trope currently missing from the game. And it seems highly unlikely another 'special' character will happen.

As for Tiffany, it's again what the trope is. (Plus have you seen her Halloween outfit lol).

true about tiffany ive never really seen a mean girl stereotype execept in the movie mean girls lol but thats from 2004

22 hours ago, Veevleigh said:

Mainly because the mean girl is a really common 80's trope

...Lol, the mean girl is a timeless classic trope, everywhere, haha.

I'd love for her to have high heels, I've included at least a little heel in every one of my sketches, I just don't think they're going that way because it's extra work with the animations. I could be wrong, it just doesn't seem likely when so far they have used the same skeleton for everyone. 

As for the heels, um... I wonder, how many of you are women, and how many of you do actually have more than two or three types of shoes. Obviously it would be extremely uncomfortable to run with stilettos, but It's far trickier than that, there are many types of heels, some are more comfortable and stable than flats or ballerinas... Flats have no heel at all, and they're surprisingly uncomfortable to walk and wear for long periods of time. 

This? I can work with this. I can stand all day long, and run if I have to. The heel is thick and stable, the construction of the shoe follows the natural arch of the foot. No problem! 

iB4ZnM7.jpg

This...? No way. The stilettos need no explanation, and the flats are too hard and have no arch at all, so, by definition they cannot be comfortable. 

wOejkVh.jpg

Still, regardless of comfort, saying that you can't move fast in heels is just a generalized cliché. These are common girls participating in a race for discounts in shopping... And they're running with stilettos. I don't think I'd dare to run in stilettos, they probably ended up with sore feet, and it's obviously dangerous. But look at them! Some of them are ridiculously fast. 

Lower heels make sense from an animation point of view, and I know what you're saying about being able to run in them (and yeah, so much more comfy than ballet flats).

But remember the terrain around the camps. It's mostly wet soil everywhere, especially now it's always raining. I think that would definitely slow down our mean girl in heels! Even the thicker heeled ones.

@Barbara Ann I like the first sketch better, the one with the short blonde hair. I want long hair too but it's just not gonna happen, it's too hard to animate and also, most women had shorter hair back in the 80s. Maybe they can give her a bun to give the allusion of long hair without animating anything, plus Vanessa would no longer be the only counselor with her hair up.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:59 PM, TiffanyxAJ said:

@Barbara Ann I like the first sketch better, the one with the short blonde hair. I want long hair too but it's just not gonna happen, it's too hard to animate and also, most women had shorter hair back in the 80s. Maybe they can give her a bun to give the allusion of long hair without animating anything, plus Vanessa would no longer be the only counselor with her hair up.

Great suggestions!

DEVS, PLEASE GIVE US A BLONDE MEAN GIRL.

On 8/28/2017 at 11:55 AM, Barbara Ann said:

I know there are a lot of us who are wishing for a Mean Girl counselor, so let us rally and brainstorm together in one place!

There has been a few mean girls over the course of the movies, most notably Melissa from Part VII.

6658e21786181668be0de26ed9038068.png

Now why would a Mean Girl be a good choice as a character? Personally I've always found them to be hilarious. It would be the perfect opportunity for a feisty girl that, combined with a few witty insults to provoke Jason (Or another counselors, wouldn't that be great?) could do for a fun character to play. When I think about how such a character would be, I can't help but to have Chanel Oberlin in my mind as inspiration, she is the perfect embodiment of a mean girl; ruthless, self-absorved, narcissistic, so very blonde and fasionable over all things. 

How would a Mean Girl look? I think most people would say that a long haired, blonde female is long overdue! However, over all things, she is meant to be fashionable. It would be a great opportunity for a counselor to wear for the very first time a dress, and heels. Once again, Chanel quickly comes to aid to inspire with her thousand outfits and looks. 

Now the best part...! The stats...! I've thought of a few archetypes, and I think this is my favourite: 

Composure: 5
Luck: 8
Repair:
Speed:
Stamina: 4
Stealth: 7
Strength: 1

I'm going to draw my own basic fashion sketches for fun! What do you guys think? Feel free to share and come up with your own thoughts!  

c6mZD5E.jpg

OzOZEMB.jpg

HGwavbC.jpg

zbgSTiV.jpg

Her colour palette should be...! Tah-dah, white, and pastels. They are very girly; and when wore by a mean girl, something about it makes her extra-obnoxious. Melissa knows this very well! 

29876.png

zsv7Yc1.jpg

NOmY2zE.jpg

References:

FSgl5ce.png

DJNpX5l.png

About the Melissa/Tamara blend, I combined the hairstyle and the dress of Tamara with Melissa's sophisticated taste. Unlike Tamara, Melissa knows that cold toned skins look so much better with pearls and silvery accessories/jewelry than gold.

Mean girls are the main ones who are not stealthy and make noise due to screaming and etc so . . . I feel like her Stats should be this 

Composure: 6
Luck: 9
Repair: 1
Speed: 2
Stamina: 8
Stealth: 4

On 27/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, Barbara Ann said:

@kitcat @♣Blond♣ Um... Would you like some more tea? Let me refill your cups. 

giphy.gif

um sure , it's taking so long that will not be thea anymore

Image associée

On 29/11/2017 at 7:14 AM, Impuhlsively said:

Mean girls are the main ones who are not stealthy and make noise due to screaming and etc so . . . I feel like her Stats should be this 

Composure: 6
Luck: 9
Repair: 1
Speed: 2
Stamina: 8
Stealth: 4

why speed 2 , 3 would better i guess 

OMG why does all the counselors have to have the shortest hair lmao

we need a male counselor along with a girl OMG maybe twin counselors but both with long thinning hair 

Glad to see that this thread is still alive! But I don't think tea is enough anymore... Excuse me, ladies. 

best-drinking-gif-747.gif

latest?cb=20120517205007

giphy.gif

bewtiched-martini-gif.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Glad to see that this thread is still alive! But I don't think tea is enough anymore... Excuse me, ladies. 

best-drinking-gif-747.gif

latest?cb=20120517205007

giphy.gif

bewtiched-martini-gif.gif

Vino vino vino! :lol:

I'm gonna laugh when they add her in and give her high repair and high speed just so the playerbase stops whining about how all the new characters aren't different enough to be useful. Even though the Mean Girl trope hasn't really ever been known to be smart. Soap opera smart I suppose, but not electronic smart.

Course, her stamina would have to be horrible to compensate, no higher than 3 for sure.