Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I do hope they at least one of her recolors is a light blue or even a white. She looks really good in lighter colors, or at least did in the film.

Agreed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I saw Mel!! We are definitely getting her. Are we sure we aren't getting any updates for 2 months? You'd think they could do a DLC and Counselor drop before a major update.

I hope Mel/Catty gets a swimsuit and pyjamas so she has some variety. The jumpsuit is amaze but she does need more summer camp gear, we all kniw Melissa rocked a bikini in VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Culp said:

Ok I saw Mel!! We are definitely getting her. Are we sure we aren't getting any updates for 2 months? You'd think they could do a DLC and Counselor drop before a major update.

I hope Mel/Catty gets a swimsuit and pyjamas so she has some variety. The jumpsuit is amaze but she does need more summer camp gear, we all kniw Melissa rocked a bikini in VII.

Catty is not a name. Cathy is a name, and not even a name, it's a short for Catherine. 
Catty is an adjective. 

Quote

Catty
adjective
1. Deliberately hurtful in one's remarks; spiteful.
"catty comments"


...So, basically, catty stands for "The Catty Girl", which is also the full name of the files. Soooo... It's just a different way of saying mean girl. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not her name, I was indicating the trope if it's not Mel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Culp said:

I know it's not her name, I was indicating the trope if it's not Mel.

Oh, okay! A lot of people think her name is going to be Catty. Her name is still unconfirmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Melissa or they should go the f home bahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2018 at 1:36 PM, FinalBoy said:

If that really is her outfit, I'll be okay with it. It certainly wasn't my favorite of hers but you know what, at least we'll get her. I wonder if the actress who played Melissa gave the team the rights to actually use her, or if they're just going to be basing this character off of her?

She's died a couple of years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fail. No she didn't. Alive and well. Do homework please.

 

And furthermore, Barbara, are people really that stupid to think a character would be called "Catty"? Did you feel I was that stupid? Bahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Culp said:

Fail. No she didn't. Alive and well. Do homework please.

 

And furthermore, Barbara, are people really that stupid to think a character would be called "Catty"? Did you feel I was that stupid? Bahahah

It's not about being stupid. But many have commented on Catty being an awful name, a lot of us are not native english speakers and so it's an common mistake. I hope I did not offend you; that was not my intention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kirbyjaws said:

She's died a couple of years ago.

 

8 minutes ago, Culp said:

Fail. No she didn't. Alive and well. Do homework please.

 

And furthermore, Barbara, are people really that stupid to think a character would be called "Catty"? Did you feel I was that stupid? Bahahah

She's alive. The news about Susan Sullivan dying are for an entirely different woman that shares the same name that got caught up in the confusion.

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80&p=354#p354

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

You make a good point. It's just, it feels a little out of place with the style of the rest of the counselors. If they all would scream 80s like she'll do it would be no trouble. Look for instance Jenny; Chris had baggy 80's pants in the films, but Jenny's outfit has skinny jeans instead. But yeah, the more I think of it I'm starting to become more accepting. I kind of like it. 

I have a love-hate relationship with that outfit now, haha. 

yeah I know what you mean plus it will look better once they make her model and add the pearls but I like jenny's skinny jeans so I am not to fussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking that Catty was her name :unsure: Sorry! Problems for being a non english speaker.

So... Beverly, Brittany, Beth, Betty, Barbara (;)) and Bayley can still be possible names (Remember the letters B+C on a tree in the virtual cabin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't that be ironic, if her name was Barbara. It's a good mean girl name, although it would probably be shortened to Barbie by players and that would get stale fast. The short version just isn't as commanding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Culp said:

Fail. No she didn't. Alive and well. Do homework please.

 

And furthermore, Barbara, are people really that stupid to think a character would be called "Catty"? Did you feel I was that stupid? Bahahah

Take your own advice

Screenshot_2018-02-09-13-53-43.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. She isn't dead. There are images taken since 2009 where she looks very much alive unless she is doing an awesome Weekend at Bernies. But believe whatever you want. 

Guess her daughter must be delusional to state she is still alive too.

Small excerpt from the link supplied by VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow posted a few posts above your rude one!

"As you probably know: Susan Jennifer Sullivan was reported dead by the Crystal Lake Memories documentary in 2012. They presented a link to an obituary to an Susan Jennifer Sullivan, who died in Boston in 2009 (here: https://www.facebook.com/CrystalLakeMem ... 9346458815) and later restated that claim on the DVD and put her name up in the "in memory"-credits. 
You also might probably know that there is a website about a "Susan Jennifer Grace Sullivan" that deals with a woman that suffered from leukemia and you also might know that a girl called Mia posted on some F13 message boards . who claimed to be her daughter and said that "our" Susan Jennifer Sullivan from TNB is still alive (scroll down to the comments from 3 years ago on this page: http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2 ... lissa.html ) . Unfortunately a lot of people never believed her ("because the DVD said she died").

I have done a bit of investigating: Mia and her story ARE legit. "

 

received_10155537678354296.jpeg

received_10155537682914296.jpeg

received_10155537679399296.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, going back to the jumpsuit theme - if Melissa comes in her dark blue jumpsuit with pearl necklace she will of course have customization options! I had a bit of spare time and created a few basic colour palate choices based on the jumpsuit she wears in the film. Here they are bellow:

Btmwyka.png

Starting from top left to bottom right:

1) The Red Devil. She's a mean bitch so it would be fitting to have either a bright red or burgundy option to mirror this.

2) Barbie Girl. Hot Pink! Always the colour of choice for a mean girl, thought it would look good with a white collar to make her look more sophisticated.

3) A lighter blue. The dark blue original might look a little drab, so perhaps a lighter blue would work? Brighten it up some more with another white collar.

4) Innocent white. Another choice to lighten her jumpsuit up. Gave it a black collar just to add detail and make her look professional and in charge.

5) April O'Neil. Yes she was a redhead! Just thought a creamy yellow jumpsuit would be good as April O'Neil is another famous '80s character known for wearing a jumpsuit.

6) Neutral tone. Grey/mauve, simple and a little stylish. Not too dull like a Deborah or Look at me slutty Tiffany.

7) Turquoise. A colour worn by Melissa that looked great, so its not hard to believe she'd own a turquoise jumpsuit too.

8) Dark personality. Mirroring her sense of humour and kindness, a baddie in black. Gave it a white collar to as stand out detail. Professional, sexy and upper class!

Well, what do you think? Do you like my experimental colour choices or are there any you actually hate? I'd love to know if you have any other Jumpsuit themed suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are good! But I'd like more pastel options, she'd look amazing in anything pastel. Specially with a suit; they're more chick and sober, which is the look she's going with a rather formal wear for a forking summer camp. The red is just... Too much for my taste, I don't like it at all. The other ones are alright. 

5361.png

Considering her hair is platinum, nearly white, a light pastel pink would create a perfect harmony. Her suit is something like this, except the vest is shorter and the pants are baggier: 

RajKspJ.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Poormetheus said:

Fab!

I know, right? We should discuss fashion together some time. I know just how much you love it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Those are good! But I'd like more pastel options, she'd look amazing in anything pastel. Specially with a suit; they're more chick and sober, which is the look she's going with a rather formal wear for a forking summer camp. The red is just... Too much for my taste, I don't like it at all. The other ones are alright. 

Considering her hair is platinum, nearly white, a light pastel pink would create a perfect harmony. Her suit is something like this, except the vest is shorter and the pants are baggier: 

RajKspJ.jpg

24bhy6.jpg

I admit I'm no fashion designer, so I suppose bright colours are a bit much. I was just throwing out some random options, I'd probably say people would like your suggestion of lighter pastel colours. Light pink would look good, I admit I don't know much about jumpsuits so maybe there are good colour combinations for this style out there already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I admit I'm no fashion designer, so I suppose bright colours are a bit much. I was just throwing out some random options, I'd probably say people would like your suggestion of lighter pastel colours. Light pink would look good, I admit I don't know much about jumpsuits so maybe there are good colour combinations for this style out there already?

It's not an actual jumpsuit, it's not a one piece item of clothing. It's actually a power suit; a blazer, pants, and if you spy from the right angle it seems the game model also has a white shirt underneath. It's basically an 80's version of this, but instead of being fitted like it was for the rest of the characters *coughs*, it was left baggy: 

HTB1ADqCFVXXXXcAXFXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg

Damn, the more I think of it, I become accepting of the Dev's decision of giving her the suit. But...! I still hope she gets the turquoise or something a bit less formal with a casual wear dlc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn you guys want a mean girl! Hope she's not a disappointment in game like Jenny.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheButtonMasher said:

Damn you guys want a mean girl! Hope she's not a disappointment in game like Jenny.

May the devs hear you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

It's not an actual jumpsuit, it's not a one piece item of clothing. It's actually a power suit; a blazer, pants, and if you spy from the right angle it seems the game model also has a white shirt underneath. It's basically an 80's version of this, but instead of being fitted like it was for the rest of the characters *coughs*, it was left baggy: 


Damn, the more I think of it, I become accepting of the Dev's decision of giving her the suit. But...! I still hope she gets the turquoise or something a bit less formal with a casual wear dlc. 

I stand corrected, thank you. I've only seen a 10 second twirl on a youtube video, nothing up close. With Jumpsuit I meant powersuit - as you see I know nothing about women's fashion! I take it you want a more body fitting version like the image you posted above and not the current baggy version people have found? Also thinking about it, having the suit in two halves would make sense to be the same as the rest of the counsellors. That way there would be a customisation option for both the top and bottom half of the Mean Girls clothing - not forgetting shoes of course.

I'm glad you're beginning to like the potential clothing theme of the mean girl since you above all others started the campaign in the beginning. I would be very sorry for you, after all your hard work to get the counsellor you want, but hated how they were dressed!

Also for all we know, if things are delayed until dedicated servers, the devs might change their minds, adapt or completely change what the Mean Girl wears as a default. But saying that its more than likely the 'power suit' is the real deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I stand corrected, thank you. I've only seen a 10 second twirl on a youtube video, nothing up close. With Jumpsuit I meant powersuit - as you see I know nothing about women's fashion! I take it you want a more body fitting version like the image you posted above and not the current baggy version people have found? Also thinking about it, having the suit in two halves would make sense to be the same as the rest of the counsellors. That way there would be a customisation option for both the top and bottom half of the Mean Girls clothing - not forgetting shoes of course.

I'm glad you're beginning to like the potential clothing theme of the mean girl since you above all others started the campaign in the beginning. I would be very sorry for you, after all your hard work to get the counsellor you want, but hated how they were dressed!

Also for all we know, if things are delayed until dedicated servers, the devs might change their minds, adapt or completely change what the Mean Girl wears as a default. But saying that its more than likely the 'power suit' is the real deal.

No problem! ^_^ And yes, I expect the blazer and the pants to be different slots. White is a must, because white can be combined with everything, if not, what a fail. 

I have a love-hate relationship with the powersuit, haha, if the other counselors were wearing baggy 80s clothes as well I would not mind. But since the other girls are wearing tight pants and leggings... They are more relatable, whereas she seems out of place and time.   

And thank you for your consideration, it's very kind of you! 

PD: Speaking of baggy outfits! I've mentioned this on another thread, Tiffany should get the baggy outfit of her movie counterpart for a change. Like, we get it already, she's a slut, but there's no need for her to be always naked! Hah.

6302de20-0fab-db4b.jpg&w=988&&a=t 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×