A way to help balance things with traps would be to set the spawn rate of knifes to match the number of Jason's trap.

This would make playing against part 2 Jason not such a chore, and giving the councelors away to counter when all the objectives are locked down. 

The balance is, they still have to burn the knife to cut the trap, and have to decide if they want it as a tool or means to selfishly get away from Jason. 

I'm aware that tanking and spraying is an option, but as soon as you do that you summon jason. And no, I'm not a noob, I have over 300 hours

This would need to be playtested, and maybe the 1 to 1 knife to trap ratio is too much, but it might make the game more interesting and helping prevent a compete no win for the councelor. 

11 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

It already is that way if im not mistaken. Meaning if you play against Part 7 there's a total of 7 Knifes in the game.

It does seem that way. I am not sure if it is a hard rule of the game like that, but if you watch some videos of people playing as Jason, you often see at least 5 knives being used against Jason, and it is difficult to tell if any were used on Jason's traps. I would have to double check, but I really do feel like I have seen some matches where Jason gets knifed 6 times. Maybe I am Mandela Effecting that, but it seems right.

10 hours ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

It already is that way if im not mistaken. Meaning if you play against Part 7 there's a total of 7 Knifes in the game.

I know you mean Part 2 here as I read your last post. It actually never occurred to me it might be this way. It makes sense if it is.

The only problem I have is how much focus is on the pocket knife in-game, which is far too much. I see many lobbies that speed loot cabins just for this purpose, even if you're already in a cabin. I don't team kill but that's something that definitely makes me want to. Players will steal your cabin and go from one to the next without securing it, simply to stash up on pocket knives.

As a trap-disarming tool, I have no problem with it. But the fact that you're almost certainly screwed without one if Jason grabs you is what makes it such a valuable item. So valuable actually that players walk into a trap and med-spray instead of using the knife at all. Many Jasons that have set up a bunch of traps all at once have difficulty finding which trap actually went off, so the tactic does work.

What needs to happen is a different system of escaping grabs rather than the typically useless button mashing. Give counselors a better chance at escaping the grab at least one time, with something based on skill like a QTE. For instance each time you get grabbed, the QTE gets much harder. Seems like a really obvious solution, I don't know why it isn't like that in the first place. Jason's with +Grip Strength = harder QTE.

Think of it like the Thick Skinned perk which got nerfed, because it became an absolutely must-have perk. Likewise any item in the game that becomes too necessary, and takes precedence over everything else, needs re-adjustment.

I think you are playing th wrong game if you want it easy to escape. It shouldn't be easier. I would prefer harder actually.

It didn't say I wanted it easier, it was a balance tactic and maybe an incentive for teamwork. I'm aware that players tend to horde knives, and so in a pub it will always undermine the councelors. As I've playing the smaller maps the Jason's who have more traps can esscentslly lockdown the maps and if the objectives are near each other and he can run it's even easier.  This is most noticeable with part two.   I main part 7 jason because he actually gives me a challenge.