Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

No more map "Check List!"

@IllFonic @weskeltner @Rontao13 have you thought about taking away the map "check list"? That would make people shout over mics and raise fear! 

• Like 1

Hmmm...I actually like that idea.

Maybe it could be in a Hardcore game mode. No checklist. No Jason music. No barricades for doors. No map.

• Like 1

@GunMedia_Ben No guys I'm saying take away "just the check list" because then there is "reason" to ask on radios if someone found the gas or battery or even reason for one to jog up to check on the car!  Seems like with the check list players have absolutely no challenge and are using the knowledge of the finished check list to plan there next move! 

26 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

@GunMedia_Ben No guys I'm saying take away "just the check list" because then there is "reason" to ask on radios if someone found the gas or battery or even reason for one to jog up to check on the car!  Seems like with the check list players have absolutely no challenge and are using the knowledge of the finished check list to plan there next move! 

My issue with this is that not everyone finds a radio. While this could be written off as just a part of what you and others in this thread might be looking at, it still unnecessarily penalizes counselors who for non skill or strategy reasons did not find a radio in the first ten minutes. 

I am also concerned about adding anything like a hardcore mode to a multi player game. It often results in fracturing the community. I remember the divide between hardcores and casuals in world of Warcraft. 

• Like 1

It might be an interesting idea for hard mode. But with all the randomness of a pub it helps to know things are done. Example the status of the fuse, you can see the phone is fuse is in the box but not repaired so you can decide if you want to deal with a camping Jason to try and repair or look for another part.

Right how stuff gets lost as it is when people pick them up and die. At  the check list helps a little. 

Map mechanicnworks fine, it's balanced by having to either waste the perk spot or not having it until you find one.

2 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

My issue with this is that not everyone finds a radio. While this could be written off as just a part of what you and others in this thread might be looking at, it still unnecessarily penalizes counselors who for non skill or strategy reasons did not find a radio in the first ten minutes. 

I am also concerned about adding anything like a hardcore mode to a multi player game. It often results in fracturing the community. I remember the divide between hardcores and casuals in world of Warcraft. 

I'm not opposed to the hard mode, because for those of us who have 200 plus hours it makes for a challenge and gives the ability for new players a place to learn the game.

33 minutes ago, shodan said:

I'm not opposed to the hard mode, because for those of us who have 200 plus hours it makes for a challenge and gives the ability for new players a place to learn the game.

Sorry, that may be slightly awkwardly worded for me.

Are you sayingh hardmode is a place for both new players and experienced players? If that is the case, why have an easy mode?

If you are saying hard mode is for experienced and easy (current) is for new then:

1. You do seperate the community and make it harder for new people to join in and be taken seriously.

2. When you practice alone (or with inexperienced people) you just cement in your mistakes. Yes I just paraphrased Vesimir.

3. You create a situation where the best of hardcore get bored and go after the weak in the herd. Makes the game less fun for everyone involved. Like when the max levels on a pvp server camp the newbies.

A level playing field, a single mode community is better for cohesion and accessibility for new players. It keeps the player base fresh and revolving as older players get bored and move on, new players are brought in, then we all get together when new content is released.

Having a hardcore and a non hardcore creates two camps or clubs. Pretty soon balance is hard to maintain in both modes and gardcore moders start making fun of the casuals who runb in easy mode, and why does the game even care about casuals when it is us hardcorers that are the meat and potatoes. Then you have casualks screaming about how they have the numbers and the devs should listen to them.

I am all for making things fresh and new, tweaking this and that ability to make it both fresh and more challenging as the base moves along and gets more skilled at things. While that may seem like a point in favour of a hard and regular mode, it is actually a point in favour of single player being a training simulator for online play for new players. This seperates out balance issues and shared assets, as you no longer have to worry about it in such a separate system, and older players don't complain as much about newbs who learned on single mode instead of being thrown to the lions on multi-player.

4 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

@GunMedia_Ben No guys I'm saying take away "just the check list" because then there is "reason" to ask on radios if someone found the gas or battery or even reason for one to jog up to check on the car!

Nooooooooooo please don't make the game MORE frustrating to play with people without mics.

• Like 3

You guys are looking at it like a hardcore mode ... mmm no, more like a realistic alter to the core game! I just see people whizzing through the check list too easy. 

It would really make the core game super intense interesting and communication super fun!

It would place value on preparedness, so you could see who was going where at 19:57.

2 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

You guys are looking at it like a hardcore mode ... mmm no, more like a realistic alter to the core game! I just see people whizzing through the check list too easy. 

It would really make the core game super intense interesting and communication super fun!

I do not disagree with your premise, and your line of thinking. 

I would say this though, I am most often in games with people who do not speak the same language as I do. If we had a more robust non verbal mechanic maybe, but that doesn't solve the problem of long range communication, or the lack of radios even if we can understand each other. 

Look at all the modes for some other games.

Most players will still only play one game mode. Team Deathmatch for example.

Even with 15 game modes to pick.

I don't want the checklist removed. It helps me know what not to waste time on.

Remove the checklist, radios, maps, door barricades, pocket knives, firecrackers, weapons, hiding spots, car parts, boat parts, and fuse for a "hardcore" mode. Do not allow party chat, messaging, or game chat or third party apps. HARDCORE!

There goes any chance of ever escaping alive. :lol:

Im just gunna flat out disagree. It wld only be beneficial to people who play in parties and wld be detrimental to those who do not.

Nothing like running a can of gas to the 4 seater without a radio just to find out it already has gas an no battery when you cld have just went to the two seater an got your xp.