Sign in to follow this  
disco romance

Classic NES Crystal Lake

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but I was just thinking the other day "If they already added NES Jason, why not add the map from the game?" I'm assuming they'd have the rights to do so, since they were able to include purple Jason.

I've attached a photo for reference. The woods could be tooled with documented pathways on the map (so you don't get lost), and the cave could be tweaked a bit, but I think featuring the cave would be terrifying and make for some intense matches. The three cabins by the lake could be accessed by running off trail, or by swimming (which we all know is very risky.) Perhaps a row boat could included as a reference to the original game. I think aesthetically the map should be played during dusk, where the sun has almost set (the second of three transitions we see throughout the game.) I believe having one map that is played during a different time of the day would add more variety to the types of matches we're used to seeing.

I personally would love this, I'm a huge fan of the NES game and this would be super nostalgic for me (also a trip seeing it realized in HD.)

Please consider this Gun. I ask anyone else to chime in if they support my idea. Thanks!

F13_map.jpg

• Like 2

As much as I'd enjoy something like this, we don't really know what rights they do have. "Retro Jason" is just a colour swap with no in-game reference to the NES game.

I'd love it. A lake like that would be great for Jason 7/8 too. They may want to add a spot to escape on a boat though. Since it's just a map and liberties could be taken while still keeping the basic gist, I could see it being possible. 

20 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I'd love it. A lake like that would be great for Jason 7/8 too. They may want to add a spot to escape on a boat though. Since it's just a map and liberties could be taken while still keeping the basic gist, I could see it being possible. 

Run a river out the right side of the map. Two bridges over the roads. One could even be a foot bridge on the inner road. 

11 hours ago, disco romance said:

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but I was just thinking the other day "If they already added NES Jason, why not add the map from the game?" I'm assuming they'd have the rights to do so, since they were able to include purple Jason.

I've attached a photo for reference. The woods could be tooled with documented pathways on the map (so you don't get lost), and the cave could be tweaked a bit, but I think featuring the cave would be terrifying and make for some intense matches. The three cabins by the lake could be accessed by running off trail, or by swimming (which we all know is very risky.) Perhaps a row boat could included as a reference to the original game. I think aesthetically the map should be played during dusk, where the sun has almost set (the second of three transitions we see throughout the game.) I believe having one map that is played during a different time of the day would add more variety to the types of matches we're used to seeing.

I personally would love this, I'm a huge fan of the NES game and this would be super nostalgic for me (also a trip seeing it realized in HD.)

Please consider this Gun. I ask anyone else to chime in if they support my idea. Thanks!

F13_map.jpg

OMG i love it , like @Redcat345 said with the name "retro crystal lake" and retro jason would be epic , and it's big with , with a high density forest it would be amazing :P

• Like 1

I like the concept. I'd change the cave to being more of a dark underpass-ish area with one or two unique kills in it.

I also would be tempted to make the lake larger than it is and have any river escape actually go off the left side of the screen via a long river. Mainly so this map DOES have a viable reason for Jasons part 7 and 8 to really shine.

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I like the concept. I'd change the cave to being more of a dark underpass-ish area with one or two unique kills in it.

I also would be tempted to make the lake larger than it is and have any river escape actually go off the left side of the screen via a long river. Mainly so this map DOES have a viable reason for Jasons part 7 and 8 to really shine.

true ! and i would like cave to be really really dark like you will able to see only a bit with your flashlight 

7 minutes ago, ♣Blond♣ said:

true ! and i would like cave to be really really dark like you will able to see only a bit with your flashlight 

Agreed. The cave would act similar to a cabin in that it lights up with sense if a counselor is inside, but is super dark, so if a counselor is in it, they can only see what their light is on, and if jason is in it, he can only really see when he activates sense (making for a mean penalty for those jasons who have poor sense recharge if a counselor makes a break for the exit or even is crouching right next to him).

25 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Agreed. The cave would act similar to a cabin in that it lights up with sense if a counselor is inside, but is super dark, so if a counselor is in it, they can only see what their light is on, and if jason is in it, he can only really see when he activates sense (making for a mean penalty for those jasons who have poor sense recharge if a counselor makes a break for the exit or even is crouching right next to him).

agreed i miss we don't have darker place in the game but let's wait the new map 

Man now I hope this will be added with Retro Jason after he's taken down, reworked, and added back in. C'mon Gun Media! It's like an already made map just begging to be done. 

• Like 1

I'd only be interested under the following conditions...

1. 8 bit pix look

2. Keep the cave

3. Allow for a boat escape, but keep the lake where it is

4. Time of day transitions...since each match is 20 minutes...the first 10 minutes could be daytime, the next 5 dust and the final 5 at night since the NES game had time of day transitions

Not specifically related to retro map but if someone is playing as Retro Jason if they intend to go into his shack they should have to fight his mothers floating head, all purple/teal colored, for the sweater. If Tommy is with the person getting the sweater he could be able to one shot it with his shotgun, otherwise you have to melee it. Don't make it overly strong or anything. Just an annoyance that would make the retro NES stuff, and beating retro Jason, that much more unique. 

Honestly, as soon as they made 8bit Jason playable, I just assumed we'd be getting something like this down the line. 

Following the kickstarter for a while, this seemed to be hinted at as well as Pamela being playable, a Jason X map and even a mode where you were confined to a wheel chair a la Friday 2. Will we get them immediately or at all? Who knows, but call me stupid, I have confidence they are at the very least, trying to get this stuff for us.

Hope they will, but honestly I'm greatful there's even a Friday game at all.

Disco, your ideas for this are very cool, I really hope your vision is created/ being created as we speak. It sounds like a blast! The possibilities for this game are incredible, I can't wait to see what comes.

I wouldn't mind seeing this map. I love the cave idea, that could take the place of Jason's shack. Complete with the floating head of Jason's mom inside that you have to fight to get the sweater. I also like the idea of only being able to see how to get around with only the light from your flashlight. It could make for a scary creepy encounter to get the sweater.

It would definitely be a fun throwback, and would make retro Jason more interesting than he currently is.

They could definitely do this. As others have said, just add an entrance/exit for the lake so the boat can get out, and entrances for the cars to get out. They could also put Mama Voorhees in the cave to give it something even more unique. Make it a small room in the cave instead of the shack, and have it spawn at different locations in the cave. 

@GunMedia_Ben @Randygbk @wes I hope you guys see this thread and consider it!