GunMedia_Ben

Counselor Clothing Update

With the new Counselor Clothing Update, players will have much more control over what they want to wear as a Counselor. Our old clothing system was pretty limited, only allowing you to choose between various material and color options for the default pieces of clothing available on each Counselor. We understand that as Counselors you want to look your best, so we have been hard at work on a full revamp of the clothing system, which now provides much more control and customization. This revamp includes a new, streamlined clothing user interface (we know the old one was pretty clunky, sorry about that!), and behind the scenes, involves a system for swapping in and out skin masks and clothing meshes. What this means for you as a player is that you will be able to choose brand new outfits in addition to the default ones, and also customize the look of each piece of clothing within each outfit. To pick out your new threads, go to the customize screen for your favorite Counselor (Chad, obviously) and select Customize Clothing. Pick the outfit you would like to customize.

GDgLS4J.jpg

Choose a clothing slot.

jAllVJj.jpg

Finally, pick the color/pattern swatch that you want on that piece of clothing.

q4f3bSE.jpg

The new Spring Break '84 Clothing Pack DLC will also be available along with this new update, and we have a lot more fun outfits coming down the pipe soon. So suit up, customize your look, and show Camp Crystal Lake what you got!

• Like 18

Very excited for this. Thanks for listening to the community, guys. Can't wait to try out the new customization options.

Agreed! Can't wait to try out these new options. Every time Ben posts I get more and more anxious regarding the new update! :D

What can we expect from Vanessa? All her stuff looks the same. Looks like you can only choose from current patterns? Are you gonna add new ones?

You guys are really going above and beyond! I love it. Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting in and all these new features you're bringing to the game. Very excited!!

Hoe

Lee

CRAP!

That is Awesome!

I can't wait to see how this plays out! Thanks for putting together this cool new stuff!

Awesome! Thanks for the information and update.

You guys and gals are headed in the right direction and doing a great job letting us know that.

Don't mind her. She's just upset that someone dropped a house on her sister.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubreezeey said:

Will we ever be able to make our own counselor?

Imo, probably not. 

Allied Counselors (and Jason) need to see a counselor at a glance and be able to understand what they do. This allows them to plan accordingly to the situation, because the counselors we have have assigned stats making it easy to know what they're good at.

You can't really do that when you make you're own counselor, you may know what you're counselor does but nobody else does without you verbally telling them what your counselor is good at. 

• Like 2

Very happy to hear about this. It's probably what I'm looking forward to the most. (Followed by new maps and Emotes)

Still crossing my fingers that somehow Adam gets a speedo out of this.

1 hour ago, Tracemyroots said:

I find it AMAZING that if you had spent this much time and effort on fixing the bugs in the game as you have on this extra crap the game would have been awesome months ago. I guess the look of the game is more important than the structure of the game. You keep telling on your self and I find it amazing. So I guess the smoke an mirrors is working as there is no mention of gamers or bug reporting with in the game coming and you want me to get get off my console then get on my computer to report a bug, Not happening. How sad as its all about the FLUFF instead of the STUFF. 

Different people generally do different jobs and coding work. The people that make new in-game clothes are rarely the same people that fix bugs.

Also... fixing bugs isn't something you just suddenly do. They have to be investigated, figured out, and then fixes need to be worked out, tested, corrected, re-worked, and so on...

Making new clothing systems and new clothes probably didn't take up the people's time who are responsible for those tasks.

Also, this type of clothing system is something that a lot of people were asking for. So, you can't please everyone with everything.

Someone who worked as a lead animator was once criticized, by a forum-goer, for adding new animations, instead of fixing the game's bugs. He told the player that he can't animate away the bugs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tracemyroots said:

I find it AMAZING that if you had spent this much time and effort on fixing the bugs in the game as you have on this extra crap the game would have been awesome months ago. I guess the look of the game is more important than the structure of the game. You keep telling on your self and I find it amazing. So I guess the smoke an mirrors is working as there is no mention of gamers or bug reporting with in the game coming and you want me to get get off my console then get on my computer to report a bug, Not happening. How sad as its all about the FLUFF instead of the STUFF. 

Well in probably less the time it took you to write this post you could have reported a couple bugs. Just saying, anyways, things are worked on all at the same time. The artists, level designers and animators are not going to be working on bugs, so not exactly how having people work on nothing is healthy for the game. Be patient, fixes are coming. Go to the main site and read up on the upcoming patch. 

• Like 1

Great to hear that, alongside the new clothing options coming, there's now going to be this greater level of customisation as well. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Tracemyroots said:

Where do you work and what do you do?

Can you do every single position of your job? Do you know every single answer to every department of your job? If there's 30 people at your job all with different job titles, do you get paid to do all 30 of them?

If you haven't answered yes to any of these, why exactly do you assume it works that way for others?

A game developer doesn't "all" work on "everything". There's a seperate team for animations, graphics, audio, programming, bugs, play testing, writing etc.

The guys sitting there creating new map assets aren't coders who know how to fix bugs, nor are the animators or voice actors or writers etc.

Long story short, new content can be made WHILE simoutaneously having a seperate team work on bugs.

And that's exactly what they've done. Any new content created took zero time away from bug fixing since both teams were working on each at the same time. And if they hadn't created new content, it wouldn't have changed any aspect of the bug fixing process whatsoever as it has zero effect on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tracemyroots said:

When people go on rants like this, it just shows they have a clear misunderstanding of how video game based companies operate and what goes on. It's like in addition to expecting them to magically snap their fingers and zap the bugs/glitches away you're also expecting departments whose job it is to do other work to jump in & work in an area that does not even fit their expertise.

I get the feeling that if the bugs were fixed and the situation were reversed, you'd probably be complaining about how they "desperately need to add new content to the game!"

Come on, man, give them a break. These guys are working around the clock to improve this game in every way they can. Have some patience and let them do their jobs. Or, if not, simply play another game if you're that peeved.

I'm just glade you can rotate the model now.

For Adam this is pretty important since you can't see the designs on the back of his jacket when you can only see him from the front.

• Like 2

Mmm, Adam's the one that springs to mind that'll benefit the most from this.

On 26/08/2017 at 8:36 AM, aubreezeey said:

Will we ever be able to make our own counselor?

Unless you wanna pay 10k you can't